PDA

View Full Version : Coheed and Cambria Bassist Arrested Before Gig

Diamondjimi
07-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Coheed and Cambria Bassist Arrested Before Gig
by TMZ Staff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/images/stories/CoheedAndCambra/michael-todd-mug-bn.jpg

Michael Todd, the bassist for the band Coheed and Cambria, was arrested for armed robbery after he allegedly held up a Walgreens by claiming he had a bomb ... and this all went down right before they played a show!

According to police in Attleboro, MA ... Todd showed a pharmacist a cell phone note that said he had a bomb and demanded Oxycontin. He made off with six bottles of pain pill and fled via taxi.

But police say he was spotted in the cab and police were able to track it via the dispatcher ... to the Comcast Center where Coheed and Cambria were set to open up for Soundgarden.

Police said Todd was arrested without incident after he was identified by the cab driver, the pharmacist and by store surveillance video.

Todd was charged with armed robbery and unlawful possession of prescription narcotics. He is being held on $10,000 bail and will be arraigned on Monday morning.

Link
(http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/10/coheed-and-cambria-bassist-michael-todd-armed-robbery-walgreens/)

:Loser:

sadaist
07-12-2011, 03:47 AM
:Loser:

I understand your sentiment here. But painkiller addiction is a motherfucker. It consumes, controls, and you don't believe you can live without it. Even if you don't have pain anymore, when you stop your body manufactures 'phantom pain' to trick you into taking the medication.

This guy went to an extreme. It's easy enough to see a doctor and get a legitimate script. Especially if you have money, you can see many different doctors. And in this guys case he could have doctors in several towns. No excuse really for what he 'allegedly' did here. 24 hour urgent cares, walk-in clinics, hospitals, a lot of ways to get it legally. And even then you can usually find it on Craigslist and other similar sources. NO EXCUSE for robbery.

I don't know this guy or this band....but it's obvious the demon has hold of him. I hope he can shake it. I hope his bandmates don't abandon him while he is at his lowest point.

Nitro Express
07-12-2011, 04:33 AM
More people die from perscription drugs now than illicite drugs. Whether it's poppy milk or synthetic, it's all opiates.

FORD
07-12-2011, 04:38 AM
Should have sent his maid out to score pills like Mush did.

sadaist
07-12-2011, 06:33 AM
More people die from perscription drugs now than illicite drugs. Whether it's poppy milk or synthetic, it's all opiates.

It all boils down to who your pusher is. A guy in an Iron Maiden t-shirt behind 7/11? Or a guy in a white coat working for a man in a 3-piece suit?

sadaist
07-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Anyone remember in the movie Tombstone with Kurt Russel & Val Kilmer. Didn't Wyatts girlfriend take a ton of some liquid opium medicine? Was supposed to be for headaches & general pain, but I think in the 1800's it was actually just like opium syrup that you took sips of. Just shows that opiate addiction is nothing new here in America.

Mr. Vengeance
07-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Remember when before a show all band members did was fuck groupies and drink tons of booze? And checked bowls for brown M&Ms?

Diamondjimi
07-13-2011, 12:03 AM
I understand your sentiment here. But painkiller addiction is a motherfucker. It consumes, controls, and you don't believe you can live without it. Even if you don't have pain anymore, when you stop your body manufactures 'phantom pain' to trick you into taking the medication.

This guy went to an extreme. It's easy enough to see a doctor and get a legitimate script. Especially if you have money, you can see many different doctors. And in this guys case he could have doctors in several towns. No excuse really for what he 'allegedly' did here. 24 hour urgent cares, walk-in clinics, hospitals, a lot of ways to get it legally. And even then you can usually find it on Craigslist and other similar sources. NO EXCUSE for robbery.

I don't know this guy or this band....but it's obvious the demon has hold of him. I hope he can shake it. I hope his bandmates don't abandon him while he is at his lowest point.

True, but doesn't this guy have any connections????

Doctors are the biggest pushers on the planet.

Should have sent his maid out to score pills like Mush did.

Or simply load up an "assistant" with plenty of his drug of choice like Freddie Mercury used to...

GreenBayLA
07-13-2011, 03:52 AM
Steven Tyler said benzos like oxycontin are harder to kick than heroin. took monster magnet singer dave wyndorf a year to recover after his benzo sleeping pill od and he gained a lot of weight. why do you think they call it dope?