PDA

View Full Version : Apple kills Dancing Pedobear app!

FORD
07-13-2011, 08:31 PM
http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/7/2011/07/ipedobear.jpg

Apple Stops Distributing Pedophile Mascot

Ryan Tate — The iPhone app Dancing Cuddle Bear is no more. Apple had approved the free game, consisting of a very (very!) kid friendly plush bear dancing to 11 hip hop tracks. But now it's gone. Why daddy? Why?

It turns out the creature in question is the infamous Pedobear, an internet meme so ancient it dates past 4chan all the way back to its Japanese predecessor 2channel, before it evolved into an icon used as a symbol and tongue in cheek warning about internet pedophiles, especially on 4chan's /b/. After some coverage of the "creepy" app on The Smoking Gun, Apple has apparently pulled Dancing Cuddle Bear from the app store, making it once again safe for concerned parents and people who don't like to see women's filthy hot bare ankles.

But it's probably best not to explain any of that to your kids when they ask where the dancing bear went.

http://gawker.com/5820641/apple-stops-distributing-pedophile-mascot

chefcraig
07-13-2011, 08:43 PM
A few months ago, a "game" called Bieber Metamorph showed up online. You play as a 51 year old Justin Bieber, helping him collect little girls in his van in order to keep him young. If you run into adults, you have to start all over again. This thing was innocently downloaded as part of many site's game features, and for one reason or another, is still available.

FORD
07-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Maybe our old friend "Andy Taylor" is writing apps now?

(Assuming he's not back here again, and I have my suspicions about that)

Unchainme
07-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Maybe our old friend "Andy Taylor" is writing apps now?

(Assuming he's not back here again, and I have my suspicions about that)

shit dude. I want to hear stories about this guy.

Diamondjimi
07-13-2011, 10:13 PM
shit dude. I want to hear stories about this guy.

Haha, where to start? lol

A first rate douchnozzle, IIRC....

Unchainme
07-13-2011, 10:45 PM
the one thing I want to ask, is about the one thread where katydid fake posted as a friend that she was about to die and within 20 minutes she was back.

god, I want to hear what the reaction for that. I just imagine Flappo being crazy happy for it.