PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Roth Army Right Wing Members

LoungeMachine
07-14-2011, 04:29 AM
A simple question for you......

[and please resist the temptation to turn the question around to Obama/Reid/Pelosi]

How do you rate the current GOP "leadership" of Boehner, McConnell, et al?

Can you point to any legistlation you're particularly proud of?

:gulp:

Simple question, really....

sadaist
07-14-2011, 04:46 AM
I really like John Boehner. He seems to have a lot of good ideas and be a level headed guy. But I can't think of anything solid he has done since he took the leadership position. So if he wants to continue getting my support & respect, dude better do something significant and soon. He is a thorn in Obamas side, which I like. but he is going to have to do more than just that....and soon.

McConnell? I don't particularly like the guy. I don't know. he seems squishy. Like the turtle you would draw & send in to that art college, but with Droopy Dogs personality. I think he is a bit out of touch with the real issues Americans are facing and is stuck in the stereotypical politician lock of right & left. I think the GOP would be better served with his ilk out & some fresh blood and ideas in there. he approaches problems in the old ways...and those don't work anymore.

Eric Cantor? Seems smart enough but I think he is just trying to make a name for himself. I don't particularly care for the guy.

The one Republican I truly like and hope that others will mirror is Chris Christie. But I base that on his very short time on the stage. He has a long time yet to go and who knows if he can keep up what he is doing, or if it's merely a show as well to make a quick name for himself. So I reserve the right to change my mind on the guy later down the road.

Just my $0.02. To be honest, the last 4 months or so I have been trying to pay less attention to politics. It's just so damn depressing & frustrating. So there is probably legislation I am missing but I'm fine with that. I've been happier not paying as much attention to the madness. Just far too much fighting & blaming the other guy. Gets old fast.

LoungeMachine
07-14-2011, 04:55 AM
Well said, Sadie....

But I disagree about Christie...

He BLEW it with regards to the Helicopter trip to see the kid's game and the answer to the mom who questioned him regarding public/private schools...

I have much more respect for you than I do for the Governor of Joisey.

sadaist
07-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Agree 100% about the helicopter stuff. Definitely cringeworthy to anyone who supports the guy. As far as him sending his kids to private school, I didn't find his answer all that bad. Everyone is gonna have fuck-ups. Hopefully he learns from these. But somehow I think he is the type to keep doing whatever he wants even if he knows it is wrong. He seems to like the big "FUCK YOU!". That's great when you are pushing to do the correct things. Really bad when it's the other way.

SunisinuS
07-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Just my $0.02. To be honest, the last 4 months or so I have been trying to pay less attention to politics. It's just so damn depressing & frustrating. So there is probably legislation I am missing but I'm fine with that. I've been happier not paying as much attention to the madness. Just far too much fighting & blaming the other guy. Gets old fast.

Now what do you think anyone of them would do if they saw that photo of you in the DLR album headdress?

sadaist
07-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Now what do you think anyone of them would do if they saw that photo of you in the DLR album headdress?

Send me 'Meet & Greet' backstage passes to meet Dave when Van Halen comes to San Diego?

:)

It would be the right thing to do.

sadaist
07-15-2011, 04:56 PM
What the fuck? I know I'm not the only right wing person here. Come on guys...help me out here. Lounge set the trap, and you fall right into it by not posting anything.

VAiN
07-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Yeah, seems unusually quiet... this is your chance..

Unchainme
07-15-2011, 11:03 PM
What the fuck? I know I'm not the only right wing person here. Come on guys...help me out here. Lounge set the trap, and you fall right into it by not posting anything.

I'd comment, but I'm concerned I don't qualify as being on the right, being that I'm socially liberal.

Nitro Express
07-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Go ahead and take the right wing or the left wing. I got the fucking rotunda!

VAiN
07-16-2011, 01:52 AM
I'd comment, but I'm concerned I don't qualify as being on the right, being that I'm socially liberal.

This is how I feel as well... conservative as fuck when it comes to the economy and crime.. more towards the liberal side when it comes to people issues. Within reason, of course..

I hate the 2 party system... there's so much gray area..

ZahZoo
07-17-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm more of a Right Thigh guy rather than Right Wing outfit... closer to the body in the middle... Not rating the current Republican leadership very high maybe a 3 on a scale of ten.

I like to strong stance on no raising of taxes. Wealth redistribution is not going help anything but rather hurt the economy both long and short term. Simplifying the overall tax code and removal of loopholes for both personal and business taxes would be the most viable solution... plus it would draw more from the rich that are abusing the current bullshit system without further penalizing those in the upper income brackets that are NOT enjoying any fucking breaks... like myself.

Don't like the idea of screwing with entitlements either... with one exception. Get some teeth into cleaning up medicare payment abuse. I think there's a whole lot of spending cuts available without touching Social Security, Medicare and most of the military budget. Neither party seems to have the stomach nor motivation to think in a common sense perspective to budget cuts... they all get a failing grade there no matter which side of the aisle.

Overall... I don't like the vision anyone in DC is selling. At this point I'd rather we run the whole lot out and jail a good majority for fucking America in the ass. Bring in some of the top financial management minds from business to clean up the mess. Get Washington off the money addiction train and back to Governing.

A straight forward period of fix it at home investments and let most the world manage their own destiny wouldn't be a bad idea either. We can't afford our own budget... we got to quit funding others or at least scale it back to investments that pay off somehow rather than support fanatical criminal around the globe for illogical reasons.

kwame k
07-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Totally agree, ZahZoo!

Unchainme
07-17-2011, 02:39 PM
I kinda dug Paul Ryan and his speech against Government Health Care.

Seemed like he had genuine convictions about the matter, and was concerned about the cost of it, and the growing debt this country faces.

In regards to much of the right-wing, am mainly disgusted with it. Bachmann is such a godawful terrible candidate (and person), to have someone of her particular set of values anyone near the presidency in the year 2011 amazes me.

I'd also like to add, that there was a time that I was very supportive of the Tea Party movement, before it morphed into this disgusting-overly right wing whack job show of attention. I think that preaching a message of fiscal responsibility in light in this day and age is a great thing. But, running around like an idiot with OBAMA=HITLER signs while dressed up like fucking Paul Revere is stupid.

So, I feel very disenfranchised as a voter right now, needless to say.

FORD
07-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Ryan? He's a KKKoch prostitute. Nothing he says is worth a shit, since it all comes directly from those Stalin funded John Birch Society bastards.