PDA

View Full Version : Why should Repukes agree to raise the debt ceiling? Because Ronald Reagan said so!

FORD
07-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Game over, Repukes. You can't invoke Reagan as "Messiah" and then go against what he says. :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6nNJiJsm70

Carloscda
07-19-2011, 10:28 PM
And you have this clown..

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc23528d" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=43815495&amp;width=420&amp;height=245" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc23528d" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=43815495&amp;width=420&amp;height=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

bueno bob
07-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Well, if that genocidal union busting Alzheimer's ridden tarot card turning traitor to the U.S. said to do it, isn't that considered religious doctrine?

Somebody better email Boner.

knuckleboner
07-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Well, if that genocidal union busting Alzheimer's ridden tarot card turning traitor to the U.S. said to do it, isn't that considered religious doctrine?

Somebody better email Boner.

no. the only thing today's republicans like about reagan is his name. they'd run his ass out of the party as fast as they could.

he shook hands with the ultimate enemy, gorbachev? he failed to nuke libya after they killed marines? he RAiSED taxes?! oh, that guy's not even a moderate democrat...

BigBadBrian
07-21-2011, 05:42 AM
no. the only thing today's republicans like about reagan is his name. they'd run his ass out of the party as fast as they could.

he shook hands with the ultimate enemy, gorbachev? he failed to nuke libya after they killed marines? he RAiSED taxes?! oh, that guy's not even a moderate democrat...

As usual lately, your conclusions are all wrong. :gulp:

Seshmeister
07-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Do you always wake up early in a terrible mood or do you post really late and drunk?

jhale667
07-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Let's just correct this for truthfulness:

As usual MY conclusions are all wrong. :gulp:

And while you're at it, correct your avatar comment - It SHOULD read "Frontline Voice of Retardation". :fufu:
How it must infuriate you, being reminded (with facts) of your savior's (many) flaws...Reagan would be far too liberal for the Idiotic Teabagged's "standards", and you know it. You're not fooling anyone here.

Best quote I saw yesterday: "Obama is willing to sacrifice his Presidency to protect the American people, the GOP is willing to sacrifice AMERICA to protect the rich."

jhale667
07-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Do you always wake up early in a terrible mood or do you post really late and drunk?

Betting it's the latter... Notice he usually posts from like 2:30-4AM - right after he gets home from getting rejected by every woman at his local bar... :lol:

knuckleboner
07-22-2011, 01:32 AM
As usual lately, your conclusions are all wrong. :gulp:

you really think so?

then why did bob bennett, a CONSERVATIVE senator get primaried? why did mike castle, a moderate, to be sure, but a GUARANTEED republican senator shoe-in lose in a primary? why did john mccain drop any semblance of reasonableness to avoid getting primaried?

look, today's republican talking heads, including many electeds, lambasted obama for shaking chavez' hand. if we had an enemy like the soviets today, you REALLY think limbaugh wouldn't be calling bloody murder if reagan buddied up to gorbachev? you think the republicans wouldn't be howling if we got attacked again like beruit and all reagan did was pull the marines out? you really think grover norquist would have had ANY reason not to attack reagan after he raised taxes for the 11th time?

the fact is, today's republican party is largely a far-right, reactionary wing. and unless reagan conformed to them, they never would've supported him.

Nitro Express
07-22-2011, 02:00 AM
Either way the US will default. The politicians can kick the can down the road as they always have but the problem is our big creditors in Asia are starting to take notice. Or we can take the pain now and get it over with. The problem is nobody wants to lose their pet piggy pork projects. The problem is too many people make a living off of looting the public treasury and the treasury itself is an illusion of funny money that is backed by nothing but the illusion of the creadabilty of the country itself. What killed the US was having the US Dollar the oil reserve currency. With that in place allowed us to get too reckless thinking we had it in the bag and a big military to go after anyone who threatened the world reserve currency status. When the world has to exchange it's money into dollars to buy oil, then that makes you pretty damn powerful and you can be reckless and greedy as hell and get away with it for a very long time but then once that gimmick goes so does everything else.

BigBadBrian
07-22-2011, 10:36 AM
the fact is, today's republican party is largely a far-right, reactionary wing. and unless reagan conformed to them, they never would've supported him.

Don't confuse the Tea Party with the Republican Party. I know the main stream media has you believing otherwise, but they are not the same.

Have you ever read he history of the Reagan Presidency other than spouted/penned by a lunatic liberal? You obviously get your talking points from the HuffdPo or MSNBC. That's it, right? :hee:

FORD
07-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Don't confuse the Tea Party with the Republican Party. I know the main stream media has you believing otherwise, but they are not the same.

They aren't the same, but they ARE running your party. Boner & the Turtle aren't Teabagggers. They're just scared to death of the Teabaggers.

jhale667
07-22-2011, 12:31 PM
They aren't the same, but they ARE running your party. Boner & the Turtle aren't Teabagggers. They're just scared to death of the Teabaggers.

The Founding Fathers were scared of idiots like the Teabaggers. They are exactly what they were trying to protect the country against. An angry, hateful, uninformed, uneducated mob with power. They're probably spinning in their graves every time some Teabagger invokes their names.

knuckleboner
07-23-2011, 12:37 PM

Have you ever read he history of the Reagan Presidency other than spouted/penned by a lunatic liberal? You obviously get your talking points from the HuffdPo or MSNBC. That's it, right? :hee:

since when does the knuckleboner ever post op-eds?

and no, i'm not confusing the tea party. you are. every republican i mentioned lost because of the tea party. in fact, without the tea party candidates, the republicans would have had a much better shot at taking the senate. (though, bob bennett's seat remained republican.)

the recent polls all say that a majority of Americans and a larger potion of republicans are ok with some tax revenue increase being included in the debt negotiations. but the tea party members in congress have so spooked the elected republicans that they so far will not budget. hail to grover norquist.

and it's causing them to lose the issue. when they started, the majority of Americans did not want the debt ceiling raised. had the republicans been politically smart, they could have negotiated a $3 trillion budget cut package with a tiny bit of revenue from oil and ethanol tax breaks. it would've required a tiny bit of selling that it was the responsibile thing to avoid default, but they only did it to cut $3 trillion in spending. big win for the republicans.

instead, the polls are going the other way. obama is viewed more favorably. the independents want compromise. the republicans are losing the issue. and, if the country does default, the biggest attack presidential republicans have against obama - the economy - will be taken away, because the poor economic performance will be blamed on boehner, cantor and the tea party.

is boehner a tea partier? no. but you'd better believe that if he continues to allow them to drive the debate, the general public will view him as one, and a one-termer.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-24-2011, 12:05 PM
I was on the road in a hotel's laundry room yesterday doing a load, and Fox TV was on....

Cavuto was interviewing someone, and he said a phrase that really nailed what this debt ceiling debate is all about, to the right anyway....

I'm paraphrasing here, but Cavuto said something to the effect of "why should the wealthy pay more in taxes rather than those who don't pay their fair share"....

And there it is folks....

This is about the poor and the elderly, and not coincidently about the minorities that are amongst them....

That's why they want to make massive cuts to Social Security and Medicare (elderly), and Medicaid (poor)....

But then I think about the white poor, mostly from the Bible belt and mostly Republican...

How can they support a party that doesn't give a shit about them (outside of religiious bullshit issues, of course) ??

Sheer ignorance ?? [ I define ignorance as simply unknowing, not stupid ]

I just don't understand it....

Satan
07-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Sheer ignorance that comes from watching FAUX Noize and listening to hate radio, maybe?

Can't exactly be informed when you have no legitimate information to begin with.

We get FAUX here in Hell too, but we only use it as an instrument of eternal torment. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

ThrillsNSpills
07-24-2011, 02:07 PM
I was on the road in a hotel's laundry room yesterday doing a load

Well I hope you were able to get your clothes washed too. :O

SunisinuS
07-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Well I hope you were able to get your clothes washed too. :O

Yea lol that cracked me also. Lol Dropped a load at the local laundromat eh? Did you soften the water?

Va Beach VH Fan
07-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Bunch of comedians around here....

Of course, I'm not naive, let''s also not forget the primary reason, not doing anything that will aid in getting the black man re-elected.....

SunisinuS
07-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Well that is kewl. More worried bout us down here on planet earth. Not a single politician will miss a meal. And that ain't funny.

FORD
07-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Another flashback to wake the teabaggers up from their Koch-funded fantasies..... Ronald Reagan was a BIG fan of Social Security, praised FDR for creating it, and was willing to make a deal to save it.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-91W5LS0E8