PDA

View Full Version : Live On Air

if6was9
07-21-2011, 01:32 PM
I've just bought "Live On Air" CD. It's a live recording unauthorised by VH, but the CD seems to be legal. It was released in the UK by Southworld/4Worlds in 2010.
http://www.amazon.com/Live-Air-Van-Halen/dp/B003KVZ5F6

http://www.jcrmusicnews.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Live_On_Air_4c4bebec4fa1c.jpg

Do you know when (probably 1983) and where was it recorded?

VAiN
07-21-2011, 01:57 PM
That's the US Festival, May 29, 1983.... There are plenty of free copies of this show both audio and DVD floating around the bootleg community. I hate to say it, but, if you pay for this bootleg you've just been had. Actually, I didn't hate saying that.

FORD
07-21-2011, 02:33 PM
One of the Amazon reviews really cracks me up....

I Have been A Big Fan Of Van Halen for Several Years Now And Upon Hearing This Live Recording Of The Original Van Halen Line Up I was Really Disappointed.

This Recording Has Not Been Authorised By Van Halen, It's Management Or By Warners Bros Records, Who are Van Halen's Record Company.

I Strongly Discourage And Disagree This CD Being Made Available and Think That It Should Be Deleted
And Not Offered For Sale, As This Is An Inferior Pirated Product That Shouldn't Be Offered For Sale To Any Fan Of Van Halen.

Buy The 1993 Double CD, Live... Right Here; Right Now, Featuring Sammy Hagar On Vocals Instead as This, As it has Far Better Sound Quality, due It Being Part Of Van Halen CD Discography!

Yeah, OK, maybe this is a shitty release of a bootleg recording, and Amazon shouldn't be selling it, but your solution is to buy a shitty overdubbed slice of tequila soaked Velveeta Hagar shit???

FUCK YOU!

if6was9
07-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info, VAiN. Actually I bought it in the biggest bookstore chain in Poland (something like Barnes & Noble) for less than $15. I know the quality of sound is pretty lame, but hey - it's Van Halen. And it looks really good next to the 6-pack :)

VAiN
07-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Check out jamtothis.com and dimeadozen.org if you can download bit torrents where you're at... you'll find a wealth of VH shows there... Dime may take a bit of time to get into, but it's totally worth it.