View Full Version : Chronicles Of Riddick 3 To Begin Shooting This Summer

Hardrock69
07-28-2011, 12:00 AM
http://screenrant.com/vin-diesel-riddick-3-shooting-schedule-rob-117607/

chefcraig
07-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Chronicles Of Riddick 3 To Begin Shooting This Summer

Good. Let's hope they use live ammo.

http://img1.imagehousing.com/12/d4f60434c72dcaf040c3f17ed1f2579e.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/812649)

Anonymous
07-28-2011, 01:52 PM
There was a second Chronicles of Riddickle?

Fuck, talk about a retard & his money...

Cheers! :bottle:

Terry
07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Another piece of shit coming soon to a theater near you!

chefcraig
07-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Another piece of shit coming soon to a theater near you!

And to home video in a record shatteringly brief time.

Terry
07-28-2011, 09:54 PM
And to home video in a record shatteringly brief time.

The upside is flicks come to home video so quickly now one doesn't have to wait forever to see them if unable to catch the theatrical run.

The downside is most flicks released these days are shite.

ODShowtime
07-29-2011, 06:49 AM
I was watching Conan the Barbarian the other day and became deeply sad and nostalgic. How hard is it to have a movie with some brains and some balls? The Snake death cult of Thulsa Doom? Freakin badass!

There is a new Conan movie coming out. I'm sure it will be garbage.

Anonymous
07-29-2011, 10:41 AM
I was watching Conan the Barbarian the other day and became deeply sad and nostalgic. How hard is it to have a movie with some brains and some balls? The Snake death cult of Thulsa Doom? Freakin badass!

And the MUSIC! Fuckin' EPIC!

But they said it themselves, the fights were choreographed, but the weapons could - & did - some damage (apparently, Sandahl accidentally cut two fingers off some guy) so, no way an actor would agree to this kind of stunt these days.

It's a pretty much "nailed it" film, where Conan is Conan, the plot is very Howardesque & even the supporting characters could've come straight from one of the original stories. Not to mention the genious of Basil Poledouris composing the - easily - best soundtrack ever to grace your ears. The image/audio synch in the attack on Conan's village is spine-chillingly fantastic.

Too bad about the ending when Conan sets the mountain on fire, though... :umm:

There is a new Conan movie coming out. I'm sure it will be garbage.

No, there isn't. Quit spreading lies & rumours. There is absolutely NO new Conan film, nor there ever will be.

Cheers! :bottle:

Terry
07-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Conan the Barbarian was a fucking great flick.

Am not going to even bother making the distinction between the "orginal vs. remake" as I'm simply refusing to see the "reboot".

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe.

Nitro Express
07-29-2011, 06:21 PM

Am not going to even bother making the distinction between the "orginal vs. remake" as I'm simply refusing to see the "reboot".

It was on TV a few weeks ago. I watched it with my daughters and they were amused with it. We were having some good laughs. I got nostalgic. I can remember everyone wanted a Conan sword after than movie came out.

SunisinuS
07-29-2011, 06:25 PM

100% Agreed.

clarathecarrot
07-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I think there was about 12 I have maybe 8 Conan books I have from the original tales and notes left by Howard. They were printed back in the early 70's and are falling apart little paperbacks.

Conan in Howard stories was not allways a adult some he was young thinner a different look a different style of freebooter.

I don't care if they make more Conan movies as long as they don't remake the Arnold one.

I still think in another couple years Arnold should come back as the old and soon to die Conan King of what was it Aquilonia..?

( and please no son... Kull whatever his name was, like that direction helped the last Indiana Jones flick ...iuggg)

Been a long time since I read any of them..?

As for Riddik.

How does a movie suck the first time out the second one a lot better and now a third..?

Hardrock69
07-30-2011, 04:37 AM
Was not too big on the second Riddick film. But Pitch Black was a kickass sort of horror/sci-fi film. Sure, hard to be original in this day and age, but the concept of "We have to hike for x number of miles through the darkness with only a couple of shitty flashlights while surrounded by carnivorous alien beasts" is a decent enough chair-gripper story.

I mean, you could have set it in the late 1800s at Tsavo National Park in Africa and made the creatures man-eating lions, but that has been done before (Ghost In the Darkness starring Val Kilmer), though in that case it was based on a true story.

But what the hell. Vin Diesel is the standard action-film actor. He does not have to be able to act. Does not have to look like some kinda handsome poofter. He just has to act like he is the baddest mutha in the valley, and get someone who knows how to write a decent screenplay so that he can recite his lines convincingly. Oh and throw a buncha money at the project to cover the lack of acting skills. A lesson well-learned by Keanu Reeves. :hee:

Hardrock69
07-30-2011, 05:02 AM
Condum Duh Bahbarian was a classic.

The second one was a trip on several levels. I thought the screenplay was sorta lame.

The chick who played the princess was either a) a terrible actress trying to play a naive, innocent and
ignorant princess, or b) a brilliant actress who was able to successfully appear that she could not act while pretending to be a naive, innocent and ignorant princess....

Wilt Chamberlain was not bad for a non-actor.

Grace Jones cracked me the fuck up. There is a scene where Ahnold first discovers her....she is fighting in some village in the midst of a crowd of men.....one of whom she smacks in the nuts with her staff.....that was not acting....she really fucked him up....poor guy had to be taken to the hospital...

I don't give a fuck about remakes in general, and could not possibly give a flying fuck about any remake of the original Conan.

Sorta like trying to remake True Grit.....who the fuck cares if Jeff Bridges is a great actor....he cannot be John Wayne....much like there is no other actor who can be Ahnold. And no I am not talking about acting ability. I am talking about ICONS. You can't expect to transcend what an ICON has done before you if you are going to take on a role identified with an ICON.

I hate fucking Hollywood's idiocy anyway. So few geniuses....and too many fucking suits who have these BRILLIANT ideas like "Hey, why don't we remake Star Wars?". :mad: