PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi's Reactionary Liberalism

Jagermeister
07-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Brilliant!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/pelosis-reactionary-liberalism_577709.html

Nancy Pelosi on today's vote: "What we're trying to do is save the world from the Republican budget. We're trying to save life on this planet as we know it today."

Why? What's so great about life on this planet as we know it today? Let liberals defend the status quo. We conservatives seek to improve life on this planet. If I could paraphrase Bobby Kennedy: There are those, like Nancy Pelosi, who look at things the way they are, and ask why. We dream of things that never were--like reducing domestic discretionary spending, year over year--and ask why not!

Or, to paraphrase another of Pelosi's predecessors: The liberals only interpret the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.

FORD
07-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Bill PNAC Kristol is twisting RFK's words to fit his sick agenda??

Sorry, you treasonous little fuck, but that ain't at all what Bobby was talking about.

But as far as how the man who should have been elected President in 1968 would view this country's current financial clusterfuck, let's see what he had to say on the matter back in 1968......

“ If we believe that we, as Americans, are bound together by a common concern for each other, then an urgent national priority is upon us. We must begin to end the disgrace of this other America. And this is one of the great tasks of leadership for us, as individuals and citizens this year. But even if we act to erase material poverty, there is another greater task, it is to confront the poverty of satisfaction—purpose and dignity—that afflicts us all. Too much and for too long, we seemed to have surrendered personal excellence and community values in the mere accumulation of material things. Our Gross National Product, now, is over $800 billion dollars a year, but that Gross National Product—if we judge the United States of America by that—that Gross National Product counts air pollution and cigarette advertising, and ambulances to clear our highways of carnage. It counts special locks for our doors and the jails for the people who break them. It counts the destruction of the redwood and the loss of our natural wonder in chaotic sprawl. It counts napalm and counts nuclear warheads and armored cars for the police to fight the riots in our cities. It counts Whitman's rifle and Speck's knife, and the television programs that glorify violence in order to sell toys to our children. Yet the gross national product does not allow for the health of our children, the quality of their education or the joy of their play. It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the strength of our marriages, the intelligence of our public debate or the integrity of our public officials. It measures neither our wit nor our courage, neither our wisdom nor our learning, neither our compassion nor our devotion to our country, it measures everything in short, except that which makes life worthwhile. And it can tell us everything about America except why we are proud that we are Americans.

Things obviously have only gotten worse since the BCE murdered Bobby :(

hambon4lif
07-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Nancy Pelosi on today's vote: "What we're trying to do is save the world from the Republican budget. We're trying to save life on this planet as we know it today."
I strongly suggest to this delusional moronic cunt to step outside of her little fantasy-world and take a look around.....

.....NOBODY WANTS LIFE ON THIS PLANET AS IT IS TODAY!!!!!

Her, and others like her, are so detached from the real world and lost in their own ass that it's sickening!

Nitro Express
07-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Life as we know it is allowing corrupt leaders to spend us and the future generations into oblivion while starting more and more wars. It's bad for everyone except those who are on top or connected to the top. People like Nancy Pelosi.

Nitro Express
07-28-2011, 11:56 PM
unpaid bills, Afghanistan hills....

Yeah. The world as we know it and as you can see, it changes very little the only difference is who is currently invading and bombing Afghanistan at the current moment. The bills continue to be unpaid and the military continues to raid.

Seshmeister
07-29-2011, 04:07 PM
The status quo is good for some people, mainly those in power...

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's wealth grows 62% to $35.2M, Boehner, Reid's worth increases too
BY ALIYAH SHAHID
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, June 16, 2011
What recession?

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's net worth skyrocketed 62% last year, to a jaw-dropping $35.2 million, according to financial disclosure forms released Wednesday.

Pelosi, the former House speaker, wasn't alone.

The California Democrat's gavel-gripping successor, Republican John Boehner, also saw his wealth get a boost, with the Ohio GOPer's net worth increasing from $1.8 million in 2009 to $2.1 million last year.

Pelosi's drastic growth, from an initial $21.7 million in 2009, is attributed to recent stock gains and smart investments. Her husband reported raking in $1 million to $5 million last year from a sale of Apple stocks.

The couple also has a commercial property in San Francisco and a home in St. Helena, Calif., each valued between $5 million and $25 million. She also has a stake in some valuable residential real estate in Sacramento.

Boehner, too, has a portfolio of stocks in oil companies, financial firms, communication companies and pharmaceuticals.

binnie
07-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Status Quo were always shit........

FORD
07-29-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't think they ever had a hit in the States. Hell, the only time I ever remember seeing them in any capacity is when they opened the UK portion of the Live Aid show in 1985. And even then, they played a John Fogerty cover (though appropriate for the occasion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kiYAIM4N_A

chefcraig
07-29-2011, 07:41 PM
They had a hit here with "Pictures Of Matchstick Men'" sometime in the late sixties. I always thought these bums were the real inspiration for Spinal Tap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4YYI8G5EM

FORD
07-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Shit, that was them? I thought that was the Electric Prunes or the Strawberry Alarm Clock or one of those 60's one hit wonder bands with a fruity name. Probably right about the Spinal Tap thing though.

I always liked Camper Van Beethoven's cover of that song better, for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAkcSd5l9Qg

ThrillsNSpills
07-29-2011, 08:26 PM
They had a hit here with "Pictures Of Matchstick Men'" sometime in the late sixties. I always thought these bums were the real inspiration for Spinal Tap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4YYI8G5EM

Yep. '68.
And that album had a bunch of songs that sounded exactly like Matchstick Men.
Then in the '70's they went for a blues based format and stuck with it for years.
Ozzy covered Matchstick men as well.

Seshmeister
07-30-2011, 10:17 AM
http://web.me.com/calvindavidson/Technome/B3TA_files/quo-op_1.jpg