PDA

View Full Version : FBI: 'Credible lead' surfaces in D.B. Cooper case

Hardrock69
08-01-2011, 04:12 AM
http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110801/ap_on_re_us/db_cooper

– 35 mins ago

SEATTLE – The FBI says it has a "credible" lead in the D.B. Cooper case, which involved the 1971 hijacking of a passenger jet over Washington state and the suspect's legendary parachute escape.

FBI spokeswoman Ayn Sandalo Dietrich tells The Seattle Times that a law enforcement member directed investigators to a person who might have helpful information on the suspect.

Dietrich says an item belonging to the man was sent to a lab in Quantico, Va., for forensic testing. She did not provide specifics about the item or the man's identity.

Federal investigators have checked more than 1,000 leads since a hijacker dubbed "D.B. Cooper" parachuted from a flight with $200,000 dollars in ransom.

His fate remains unknown, although the Seattle Post Intelligencer reports agents have previously said they believe he died the night he jumped.

Eyes of the Night
08-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Can you believe they have DNA from a clip on tie that he had left on the plane!? ...

standin
08-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Can you believe they have DNA from a clip on tie that he had left on the plane!? ...

yea, I could see a clip on tie scratching his neck as he grandly discarded it.

Seshmeister
08-04-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't a serious crime but sometimes you wonder about the relative effort by law enforcement and sentences for stealing off the rich v. physically harming someone especially someone who isn't rich.

kwame k
08-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Fascinating case and a fucking balls out hi-jacking but.........this case is how many decades old?

I'm thinking the FBI has wasted more than the 200 grand that DB took......let it rest, no one got hurt.......unless you believed he died and didn't get away;)

lesfunk
08-04-2011, 10:55 PM
I call bullshit. It'll never be resolved. It's like bigfoot. Just a story to take our minds of the Jobs report that coming tomorrow

kwame k
08-04-2011, 11:11 PM
I call bullshit. It'll never be resolved. It's like bigfoot. Just a story to take our minds of the Jobs report that coming tomorrow

US stocks opened mixed overnight, after falling more than two per cent in yesterday's brutal sell-off, following the release of a better-than-expected report on private-sector job creation.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 13.25 points (0.11 per cent) to 11,853.37 in the first half-hour of trading.

The broader S&P 500 gained 0.52 point (0.04 per cent) to 1254.57, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite climbed 4.30 points (0.16 per cent) to 2673.54.
All three major stock indices plunged yesterday amid worries about economic weakness in the United States and Europe.

The Dow has fallen for eight consecutive trading days, leading some traders to hope for a rebound today.

Before markets opened, US payrolls firm ADP reported that a net 114,000 jobs were created by private, non-farm businesses in the United States in July, fewer than in June but above analysts' consensus forecast of 86,000.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/business/breaking-news/us-stocks-fall-after-jobs-report/story-e6frfkur-1226107882720#ixzz1U7WbMkuL