PDA

View Full Version : midi sequencing for live bands

rocknrolldork
08-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I start playing with a new band next week. They are using some midi sequencing that has been turned into mp3 and played through an ipod instead of getting a keyboard player. the drummer is the only one who uses the click track (which is on the Left while the sequence is on the Right). I'm totally new to using this technology. Does anyone know if there is an online community/forums that trades/shares completed clips?

Thanks in advance!

SunisinuS
08-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Practice Practice Practice just to get to Carneaaaayyygy!

Lol, since it is such a short time I would say get up to speed in rehearsal and then research more after the gig. Ask the people where they got the idea.

Break a leg!

standin
08-02-2011, 07:02 PM
I start playing with a new band next week. They are using some midi sequencing that has been turned into mp3 and played through an ipod instead of getting a keyboard player. the drummer is the only one who uses the click track (which is on the Left while the sequence is on the Right). I'm totally new to using this technology. Does anyone know if there is an online community/forums that trades/shares completed clips?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, by chance I do. I receive a electronic rag called Mix Magazine and a paper rag called Prosound.

I do not know if this link will work for you, but you can give it a try.
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/newbay/mix_201107/#/0

I get quite a few trade magazines. I was thinking of using them as a base of articles on The Roth Journals, which is written under the Blaze moniker. I was not sure if there would be an interest. However, I can see there is an interest.
Keep an eye out. I will put a schedule up and write some focused articles. In the mean time:

www.mixonline.com
http://www.prosoundnetwork.com

twonabomber
08-03-2011, 01:36 AM
I get quite a few trade magazines. I was thinking of using them as a base of articles on The Roth Journals, which is written under the Blaze moniker. I was not sure if there would be an interest. However, I can see there is an interest.
Keep an eye out. I will put a schedule up and write some focused articles. In the mean time:

you need TWO usernames to post your shit? someone oughta clip one of those for you.

and if "using them as a base of articles" means you're just going to rip Mix mag off and pass "articles" off as your own, then just post the links to the real thing.

FORD
08-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Two? She's got at least 4 now.

ashstralia
08-03-2011, 06:03 AM
Two? She's got at least 4 now.

i love the 'blaze' character. she's like that crazy old aunty at the family gatherings. the one who'd give you the quirky, and often inappropriate or outright dangerous gifts.:)

rocknrolldork
08-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Practice Practice Practice just to get to Carneaaaayyygy!

Lol, since it is such a short time I would say get up to speed in rehearsal and then research more after the gig. Ask the people where they got the idea.

Break a leg!

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm just trying to do as much homework on it as I can. Been rehearsing with the clips they gave me and also with the band. Not a fan of all the music but such is the life of cover tunes.

Yes, by chance I do. I receive a electronic rag called Mix Magazine and a paper rag called Prosound.

I do not know if this link will work for you, but you can give it a try.
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/newbay/mix_201107/#/0

www.mixonline.com
http://www.prosoundnetwork.com

Thanks for the info here too. I'll check it out tonight.

standin
08-03-2011, 10:45 AM
you need TWO usernames to post your shit? someone oughta clip one of those for you.

and if "using them as a base of articles" means you're just going to rip Mix mag off and pass "articles" off as your own, then just post the links to the real thing.

Greetings!
I will bypass the correcting of your post. aNd pre haps jion U in UR digard of tradItional grammor sKillz. ;)

tHe conslice w0rd you looKinG for is "cite" or "citation" d-pendinG on h0w the seNtenance 1s StRuctured.
Aye hAve no IntentIONS os plageriZininging any0nes worKS. S0, if you rotes Some 0f dem Art-1-cles d0n't be Worring UR prettIe head AB0ut sUch tHings! xxoo
0vermo0ore, condUct1ng reSearcH ANd leArnining A 5ubJect mater I/s A Prittie C0oOl tHing! Like 4 eXamPle:::::
tHe # of Monikies uSed by pErson xYz R UnknowN; ReferdanCe:
R0thARmY.c)m / The Official "VAN HALEN'S IN THE STUDIO" Thread \ ##1367

Cheeri0's and milk!
L0ve you Bunches! Don't eEver stOp beIng U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

p.S.S.S. A b0Dy is Tankinging YoU 4 ShoWing deM SerTiAn diScouCer tRaiTs 0o0F MinE. tH3Y L0o0Ve yOu t%

:daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy:

:daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy::daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: