PDA

View Full Version : 360 degree view of shuttle

Seshmeister
08-03-2011, 11:27 AM
http://360vr.com/2011/06/22-discovery-flight-deck-opf_6236/index.html

They seem to have added some stuff since Moonraker. :)

Actually I read that the shuttle has less computer power than a Playstation as NASA never wanted to change anything that already worked bringing in a new risk although they would take laptops with them.

Hardrock69
08-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Cool!

Nitro Express
08-04-2011, 02:23 AM
I remember reading an article that NASA was shopping for old computer parts on Ebay to keep the shuttle systems working.

sadaist
08-04-2011, 03:23 AM
Actually I read that the shuttle has less computer power than a Playstation as NASA never wanted to change anything that already worked bringing in a new risk although they would take laptops with them.

Do you remember about 8-10 years ago reports of Saddam Hussein receiving huge shipments of Playstations or X-Boxes because the computers in them were far more powerful than anything else they could get their hands on? Might not have been Saddam, and I may be off on the exact timeline. But I do remember reports of something along those lines.

The Apollo capsule computer & guidance systems were less sophisticated than my cell phone. Bizarre when you think about it. They went to the fucking moon with less technology than my phone has, yet I can't make a call if I'm in a parking garage.