PDA

View Full Version : Just in case you were wondering what the Huckster was up to these days......

FORD
08-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Huckabee cartoon attempts woeful retelling of 9/11 attacks

By Stephen C. Webster
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011 -- 4:26 pm

In a new "history" cartoon aimed at children, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, now a Fox News personality, spins an animated, less-than-nuanced retelling of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on New York and Washington, D.C., with a distinctly pro-Bush, pro-torture spin.

In his "Learn Our History," the former Republican presidential candidate puts forward a version of 9/11 that depicts America "coming together" in the wake of the attacks and rallying behind their "leader"'s plan to "take down al Qaeda."

It closes with a montage showing alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed -- who was waterboarded 183 times in a single month -- an image of Osama bin Laden with the word "deceased" superimposed over his FBI profile, and former President George W. Bush telling U.S. first responders at the World Trade Center site that the terrorists would soon be punished.

Huckabee's "Learn Our History" series faced its first controversy after he blasted public schools for allegedly teaching children political bias in history class, only to release an episode which glamorized President Ronald Reagan and his anti-labor economic policies.

"In this important film, the time traveling teenagers learn about America’s heroic response to the tragic events of 9/11," Huckabee's website explains. "They strive to understand why Al-Qaeda attacked us and how the ongoing War on Terror protects Americans at home and American ideals abroad."

The video does not broach the actual motivations behind the 9/11 attacks, like bin Laden's stated reason: U.S. troops stationed in Saudi Arabia. Similarly, it does not discuss President Bush's order to withdraw U.S. troops from Saudi Arabia following the attacks.

But that's no matter: in Huckabee's cartoon world, the U.S still triumphed by taking down the terrorists and making the world safe for freedom once again.

This video is from Mike Huckabee's "Learn Our History" childrens' series.

Unchainme
08-04-2011, 02:54 PM
It feels like I'm watching something that would be shown during Mike Judge's "Idiocracy". It even gives propoganda a bad name.

you know, instead of showing kid's this inaccurate shitty cartoon, why not, when they ask you, tell them about what happened that very day? I could say exactly what I was doing and what had happened, and how it affected our country. You could even show them Youtube clips of the news that day, they're all over the place from every network imaginable from ABC to the BBC.

Unchainme
08-04-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYROOD7T1Vk&feature=related

this one blows my mind.

So, Reagan apparently made this country more moral just by him being elected?

He also apparently helped with the hostage crisis? (conveniently ignoring the fact that it was CARTER THAT NEGOTIATED WITH THE HOSTAGE TAKERS, even REAGAN HIMSELF said for him to get the credit).

Also, "Moral Majority" my ass. Those group of zealots are fucking assholes.

kwame k
08-04-2011, 11:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYROOD7T1Vk&feature=related

this one blows my mind.

So, Reagan apparently made this country more moral just by him being elected?

He also apparently helped with the hostage crisis? (conveniently ignoring the fact that it was CARTER THAT NEGOTIATED WITH THE HOSTAGE TAKERS, even REAGAN HIMSELF said for him to get the credit).

Also, "Moral Majority" my ass. Those group of zealots are fucking assholes.

....these fucking assholes are running our country into the ground and no one seems to care:pullinghair:

FORD
08-04-2011, 11:33 PM
God damn, that was cheesier than anything even Sam Hagar could write. :sick0020: