PDA

View Full Version : My random VH thoughts

VAiN
08-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Hey, i just watched the Large Center, Oct 12, 1982 show on DVD and I'm fucking pumped!! Don't get me wrong, I've seen this show a million times, but tonight just fucking got me goin!! It's amazing what a rock machine the Mighty VH was!!
I can't wait for the next album, I'm so thankful that these guys are around in my lifetime.. No matter what, this next tour will be huge, I can't wait!!

Terry
08-07-2011, 05:35 PM
I dunno, dude...

By the fall of 2006, I thought that even without Anthony onboard the band had nowhere to go but up considering the utter shite that had transpired during the previous ten years...

Suffice it to say the band might get a few token points for existing at all in any form these days, but the band hasn't really done anything stellar yet (or much of anything at all when you get right down to it) since Roth returned four years ago.

Am still hoping they can rekindle some of the old magic, but the odds aren't worth betting on and I'm not too sure I even care anymore; they dithered around too long and so far haven't been able to cut the mustard. Something even worse than 'Van Halen' simply packing it in and calling it a day has come to pass; they're yet another old band unable to put together a definitive reunion that produces worthwhile new music or essays of old tunes that come within a close distance of recalling old glories.

There are more than enough aging rock acts out there with this substandard game plan working the circuit these days; Van Halen isn't a group I wanted to see join this category.

Diamondjimi
08-07-2011, 06:33 PM
There are more than enough aging rock acts out there with this substandard game plan working the circuit these days; Van Halen isn't a group I wanted to see join this category.

So fucking true. And they'd better step up the stage act too. Old VH used to be in your fuckin face the entire show. Other than Dave there is virtually zero interaction with the band members and their fans.
Ed, having his pedalboard rig moved to virtually the center of the stage was pathetic. If he was persistently having monitor issues, why just use some fuckin "in-ear"monitors. And the kid had only been playing in
garage bands with his buddy's.(Never expected much in WVH dept. anyway...). Well, at least Al and Dave delivered the goods consistently...

Bottom line is, they gotta step it up or they will be looked at as a bunch of old farts...

Sensible Shoes
08-08-2011, 04:16 PM
never mind

rocking ron
08-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Hey, i just watched the Large Center, Oct 12, 1982 show on DVD and I'm fucking pumped!! Don't get me wrong, I've seen this show a million times, but tonight just fucking got me goin!! It's amazing what a rock machine the Mighty VH was!!
I can't wait for the next album, I'm so thankful that these guys are around in my lifetime.. No matter what, this next tour will be huge, I can't wait!!

I've had that same fxxxx feeling while I was watching Montreal 1984 a few days ago, goddamn what a kick-ass show, where's that fxxxx "time-machine" .....