PDA

View Full Version : New King Diamond interview (audio)

Diamondjimi
08-07-2011, 02:38 AM
LINK (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161654)

Danish heavy metal singer King Diamond (KING DIAMOND, MERCYFUL FATE) took part in a two-hour discussion via Skype on July 28, 2011 with a fan named James (a.k.a. Grace) from the Coven Worldwide forum. You can now listen to the entire conversation in ten parts below.

King Diamond (real name: Kim Bendix Petersen), 55, underwent open-heart triple-bypass surgery last November. He has since completed his cardiac rehabilitation program and has stopped smoking entirely, changed his diet and is getting regular exercise, according to his wife Livia Zita.

KING DIAMOND received a Grammy nomination in the "Best Metal Performance" category for the track "Never Ending Hill" off the group's latest album, "Give Me Your Soul … Please".

"Give Me Your Soul ... Please" entered the Swedish national chart at position No. 28. The CD also landed at No. 58 on the Danish chart (the second highest new entry on the chart behind VELVET REVOLVER).

"Give Me Your Soul ... Please" sold 4,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 174 on The Billboard 200 chart.