PDA

View Full Version : I fucking love SONIC cheeseburgers

Dr. Love
08-10-2011, 08:43 PM
But God Almighty, they give me the shits!

Little Texan
08-10-2011, 10:27 PM

Funny you should say that...I just had a SuperSonic Bacon Double Cheeseburger a couple of hours ago. I went next door and got a large Coke from McDonalds, as I don't like Sonic's 90% slushy ice and 10% soda fountain drinks.

Little Texan
08-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Have you eaten at one of the new In-N-Out locations in DFW, yet, Doc, and how do their burgers compare to all the other fast food burgers?

Blaze
08-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Jolly Joe! Don't you have a Twitter account to announce your bowel habits?

indeedido
08-10-2011, 10:56 PM
McDonald's has the best Coke. I actually worked for Sonic Corporate for the last eight years until recently.

Dr. Love
08-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Have you eaten at one of the new In-N-Out locations in DFW, yet, Doc, and how do their burgers compare to all the other fast food burgers?

Yeah, a few weeks after they opened. That place is pure madness. 8 drive thru lanes, 4 on site police-staff directing traffic. An ARMY of order-takers outside beaming orders inside over wifi. And still a 45 minute wait in the drive-thru line to get a burger.

After all the hype I was expecting more. Good burger for the price, but not worth the wait, and the fries are god-awful!

Little Texan
08-10-2011, 11:58 PM
McDonald's has the best Coke. I actually worked for Sonic Corporate for the last eight years until recently.

Does Sonic instruct their employees to fill the cups all the way to the top with ice in order to dispense less drink and thus maximize profits? I've always wondered about that because every one of them I've ever been to did that same thing. And yes, McDonalds has the best soft drinks of anyone.

Little Texan
08-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Yeah, a few weeks after they opened. That place is pure madness. 8 drive thru lanes, 4 on site police-staff directing traffic. An ARMY of order-takers outside beaming orders inside over wifi. And still a 45 minute wait in the drive-thru line to get a burger.

After all the hype I was expecting more. Good burger for the price, but not worth the wait, and the fries are god-awful!

They sound more than a bit overrated. I'm thinking since they have a new distribution center and regional hq in DFW that we might be seeing a few popping up here in East Texas before too long.

Nitro Express
08-11-2011, 12:07 AM
I was on the road for business today and stopped at a Sonic. I had a Chicago dog and it was better than I thought it was going to be. The onion rings were good too.

Little Texan
08-11-2011, 12:16 AM
I was on the road for business today and stopped at a Sonic. I had a Chicago dog and it was better than I thought it was going to be. The onion rings were good too.

Yeah, the Chicago dog is good, and so is the new Baja dog. Try that one next time you're at Sonic. The only one I haven't tried is the New York one, and that's because it has Sourcrap :barf: on it, and I hate hate HATE Sourcrap!

VAiN
08-11-2011, 12:18 AM
I have to say, the best 'fast food' burger I've ever had was at a Hardee's in southern Illinois. It was so good that it made me sad that there aren't any of them this far south. But with my fucking cholesterol being so goddamn high it's probably a life saver.

VAiN
08-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Jolly Joe! Don't you have a Twitter account to announce your bowel habits?

I believe that would be a 'Shitter' account. :biggrin:

Dr. Love
08-11-2011, 05:27 AM
As predicted, grunting one out in the middle of the night. :(

Sensible Shoes
08-11-2011, 08:25 AM
We didn't have Sonic in WNY and we don't have them in Massachusetts either. What am I missing besides cheeseburgers that give you the shits?

ThrillsNSpills
08-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Is Hardees the same as Sonic?

PETE'S BROTHER
08-11-2011, 10:20 AM
hardees and carls jr have ties, but not with sonic

indeedido
08-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Does Sonic instruct their employees to fill the cups all the way to the top with ice in order to dispense less drink and thus maximize profits? I've always wondered about that because every one of them I've ever been to did that same thing. And yes, McDonalds has the best soft drinks of anyone.

They have problem with operations, getting each operator to prepare things as instructed. If you look at the side of the cup, there is a mark that reads "ice fill line". It should only go to that line, but what happens is the 16 year old working there may not read that and do what he wants and doesn't get corrected. The other thing is that the franchise owner may want to maximize his profit and squeeze out every penny by adding too much ice and not using as much soft drink. They definitely don't have the system in place that say McD does. That place is an assembly line and every one you go to serves all the products exactly the same. You'd be hard pressed to find operational issues like this at a McD.

indeedido
08-11-2011, 11:17 AM
The Chicago Dog is bad ass. It is my favorite.

Little Texan
08-11-2011, 02:56 PM
As predicted, grunting one out in the middle of the night. :(

Did you make sure to tweet everyone what brand of toilet paper you used and how many times you wiped? :)

chefcraig
08-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I have to say, the best 'fast food' burger I've ever had was at a Hardee's in southern Illinois. It was so good that it made me sad that there aren't any of them this far south. But with my fucking cholesterol being so goddamn high it's probably a life saver.

VAiN, did you ever get a chance to try Backyard Burgers (http://backyardburgers.com/)? There were two locations, one was across from and east of the former Peaches building (now Hustler) on Sunrise, while the other was in Pompano somewhere along Military Trail. They were terrific burgers and a great value for the price, so naturally they went out of business here. Hell, they even served chili/cheese fries.

Jagermeister
08-11-2011, 03:40 PM

lol. I guess I should have read this sooner.

VAiN
08-11-2011, 04:10 PM
VAiN, did you ever get a chance to try Backyard Burgers (http://backyardburgers.com/)? There were two locations, one was across from and east of the former Peaches building (now Hustler) on Sunrise, while the other was in Pompano somewhere along Military Trail. They were terrific burgers and a great value for the price, so naturally they went out of business here. Hell, they even served chili/cheese fries.

Hmm, no, never tried them... I guess now I never will, damnit! I hear that BurgerFi down by Commercial & A1A is pretty good... and 5 guys makes a nice burger too. There's also a new one that popped up called California Burger, near the Galleria and on US1 north of Commercial, that's pretty damn good.. Unfortunately, burgers are off the menu for a while as I recently beat my high score at cholesterol. :umm: Once it's back down, I can't wait to destroy BBQ & burgers!

sadaist
08-13-2011, 11:27 AM

1990 a Backyard Burgers opened directly across the street from Moms old Hallmark Shop. Excellent burgers that were HUGE. I swear I had 4 burgers a week from there. But they didn't last long. Seems people would rather pay $3 for a crap burger than $4.50 for an awesome one. Silly creatures.

And yeah...WTF with McD's Coke? Always the perfect amount of sweet, fizzy, cold, never flat, always the very best. They always taste of the essence of Coke. Many times better than a bottle or can of the stuff.

ZahZoo
08-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Had Backyard burgers in Austin... must of been 10 years or so ago. Pretty decent.

Sonic... fairly decent.

Not fast food... but Chili's or Red Robin have about the best burgers around.

ThrillsNSpills
08-13-2011, 03:53 PM

I thought the cheese was supposed to cause the sandwich product to circumvent the digestion process, causing the meat to then lodge and putrefy in a section of the intestine, aiding propagation of parasites, candida, and assorted nasties.

Nitro Express
08-13-2011, 04:06 PM
There was this cafe in Eugene, Oregon called Nasty Norah's. She had what was called the brama bull burger on her menu. The fucker was as wide as a dinner plate, contained five pounds of beef and was six inches high. I only saw one person order one.

Little Texan
08-13-2011, 04:14 PM
There was this cafe in Eugene, Oregon called Nasty Norah's. She had what was called the brama bull burger on her menu. The fucker was as wide as a dinner plate, contained five pounds of beef and was six inches high. I only saw one person order one.

Nasty Norah's...hell of a name for a restaurant! Did she get much business with a name like that?

ThrillsNSpills
08-13-2011, 04:26 PM

5 pounds? Who finished one is what I wonder.
Like eating 20 quarter pounders (making the outrageous leap that that's actually meat)