PDA

View Full Version : Romney: "Corporations are people"

FORD
08-11-2011, 02:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYE9J-TiRUc

OK, Mittens...... so suppose you tell us exactly how the sprit children of Elohim turned into fucking CORPORATIONS??

Fucking dog abusing, magic panties wearing asshole.

Jagermeister
08-11-2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYE9J-TiRUc

OK, Mittens...... so suppose you tell us exactly how the sprit children of Elohim turned into fucking CORPORATIONS??

Fucking dog abusing, magic panties wearing asshole.

Ohh shit. I just spit water on my monitor. :lmao:

Guitar Shark
08-11-2011, 02:56 PM
I think Romney's right; the law treats corporations like people. He must have read the Citizens United case.

FORD
08-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Read it? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he (and a few other mega-predatory capitalists) wrote it. Because it obviously didn't have a whole hell of a lot to do with a right wing propaganda film about Hillary, which was the alleged original basis for the case.

Nitro Express
08-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Heck the LDS Church itself is nothing but a large conglomerate of corporations. They are one of the biggest owners of real estate in the United States and own and run vast amounts of agricultural assets. They also own buckoo water rights in the southwest. Las Vegas buys much of it's water from the Mormons.

To be an apostle nowadays you better have an MBA and some corporate experience because farmers and school teachers no longer have the experience needed to run God's kingdom on earth.

FORD
08-12-2011, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiggvxQgfLM

fifth element
08-13-2011, 01:40 AM
Corporations are people??

what a joke.

Nitro Express
08-13-2011, 01:45 AM
They need to make it so only registered voters can donate to campaigns and have a ceiling cap put on the amount each person can donate. Why corporations exist in the fist place is to eliminate personal liability. Mitt is such a modern Mormon. Mitt is a company man.

fifth element
08-13-2011, 02:01 AM
They need to make it so only registered voters can donate to campaigns and have a ceiling cap put on the amount each person can donate. Why corporations exist in the fist place is to eliminate personal liability. Mitt is such a modern Mormon. Mitt is a company man.
worth 200 mill +

makes for a self made campaign...lol

Nitro Express
08-13-2011, 02:11 AM
All I know is his vacation home is nice. My niece is an interior decorator and Mitt's vacation home was one of her projects last year.

Romeo Delight
08-13-2011, 10:05 PM
This is incredible. If I didn't see it for myself I wouldn't believe it.

FORD
08-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Obviously, it didn't help him much in the Iowa straw poll.

Go ahead Mittens..... keep saying dumb stupid shit. :biggrin:

jhale667
08-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Mittens = FAIL

Nitro Express
08-14-2011, 12:23 AM

Go ahead Mittens..... keep saying dumb stupid shit. :biggrin:

I don't care if you are a conservative or a liberal. Everyone is tired of all the corporate corruption. We all have watched great corporations turn to shit over the last 40 years. I worked at Hewlett-Packard when Dave Packard still owned a controlling interest in the company. I was in a meeting when word came in that Mr. Packard passed away. The head of our division was in the meeting and he worked in Palo Alto and knew Mr. Packard and he said the family would probably sell the shares of stock and Wall Street would ruin HP. That's exactly what happened. I watched what once was a great company go to shit. It's pretty sad. When I hired on with them they were great to work for and planned on being with them for a long time. When Mark Hurd came in everybody started to quit. He drove off a lot of great engineers.

FORD
08-15-2011, 10:18 AM
And just in case anybody was erroneously thinking that Ron Paul or his idiot son were any better than Willard.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT2FFHVUn8Q

Little Texan
08-15-2011, 04:48 PM
As stupid as it sounds and as much as I hate to admit it, technically, Romney is right. The law grants corporations the same rights as people, and it's been that way since the first part of the 19th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_personhood

Jagermeister
08-15-2011, 05:18 PM
As stupid as it sounds and as much as I hate to admit it, technically, Romney is right. The law grants corporations the same rights as people, and it's been that way since the first part of the 19th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_personhood

Oh shit. :biggrin:

A liberals nightmare.

Guitar Shark
08-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Yup. It was still a stupid comment for him to make, since most people (i.e., voters) won't understand the concept.

jhale667
08-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Yup. It was still a stupid comment for him to make, since most people (i.e., voters) won't understand the concept.

Nor are most people OK with corporations being able to funnel limitless million$ into a candidate's war chest.

kwame k
08-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Nor are most people OK with corporations being able to funnel limitless million$ into a candidate's war chest.

That was the disturbing part of the decision the Supreme Court made last year regarding Their First Amendment rights:pullinghair:

Seshmeister
08-15-2011, 06:53 PM
I think Romney's right; the law treats corporations like people.

Does that mean if you attempt a hostile takeover you can be arrested for kidnapping?

kwame k
08-15-2011, 07:14 PM
I like Palin's take on the whole fiasco......."The people pay the taxes. It’s not an entity — the corporation itself — that pays the taxes. It’s the people who pay the taxes. So Mitt Romney was right," she said.

The biggest/richest Corporations DON'T pay taxes, moron.....you are right though, the little worker bees for the big shareholders pay the taxes.

Is this the best the Repukes can do? Mitt, Sarah and bat shit insane Bachmann.....you guys don't stand a chance and I, for one, would be ashamed to be a Repuke right now.

Does anyone take what Bachmann says seriously? Please defend her......

How about what Palin says?

Mitt? How many times does this guy have to lose before he gets the hint and stops running for the Oval Office.

jhale667
08-15-2011, 09:06 PM
I like Palin's take on the whole fiasco......."The people pay the taxes. It’s not an entity — the corporation itself — that pays the taxes. It’s the people who pay the taxes. So Mitt Romney was right," she said.

The biggest/richest Corporations DON'T pay taxes, moron.....you are right though, the little worker bees for the big shareholders pay the taxes.

Is this the best the Repukes can do? Mitt, Sarah and bat shit insane Bachmann.....you guys don't stand a chance and I, for one, would be ashamed to be a Repuke right now.

Mitt? How many times does this guy have to lose before he gets the hint and stops running for the Oval Office.

To defend crazy is crazy. And Palin's disapproval ratings are so high, besides attention-whoring for a bit longer, she's not nor will she ever be a serious candidate. She'll be another loudmouth with a talk show soon. Thing is, she's just that, a political attention whore...Bachmann believes her bullshit, and that's scary.

Mittens is the closest thing to a "real" candidate they have, and he's already stuck his foot in his mouth with pretty much the entire middle class. It's still also a leap, IMO to think he'll get the southern evangelical vote - they're split between Batshit Bachmann and Ricksatan Perry. Of the two of them, if the media seriously focuses on either of their extreme positions on pretty much EVERYTHING, there's no way they get moderate or independent voters. T-Paw's out. Ron Paul? Not gonna happen. Cain? Please. Huntsman? Next. The GOP field is beyond weak.

Unless Congress succeeds in completely running the economy over the cliff, or Obama starts punching babies, he still wins by default.

SunisinuS
08-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Legal status to be organized. Anyone that argues a corporation is a person...needs to look in the mirror. And yes, we had students like Mitt in business class and that first paragraph is all they ever read. They then slept through the rest of their business degree.

If you want Mitt Romney as president, make sure you read up on Kolob, and ask him about his special underwear. You will be giving these brilliant people access to the Football and the Button. And you want to make out Chicago to be a political machine......Huntsmen and Romney ask "How High", when they talk to the Mormon Church Leadership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolob

Blaze
08-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Will we never learn from history?

Corporations are Sociopaths

Corporations are Sociopaths. No kidding. According to DSM-IV (Diagnostic Statistical Manual), sociopaths are those with this antisocial personality disorder who have a longstanding pattern of “disregard[ing] the rights of others.” The major component of this disorder is “the reduced ability to feel empathy for other people. This inability to see the hurts, concerns, and other feelings of people often results in a disregard for these aspects of human interaction…irresponsible behavior often accompanies this disorder as well as a lack of remorse for wrongdoings.” Treatment is rarely sought because sociopaths see the world as having problems and negative consequences are often blamed on society. This definition is certainly true for AIG and the Big Bailout Banks as well as Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, although it kind of holds true for conservative Republicans, too.

According to Jennifer Copley who penned the article, “Personality Traits of a Psychopath” at http://personalitydisorderssuite101.com , another aspect for sociopathic behavior is the knack they have for telling stories “that should be unbelievable…in a way that causes intelligent people to believe them.” In addition, “psychopaths are adept at encouraging others to give them money to support these plans.” Oh, oh, Republicans I’d start worrying if I were you. Hurry. Get help now before it’s too late and you have completely screwed up our country! The prognosis for this disorder is not good because sociopaths “are not afflicted with anxiety or anguish.” Copley writes, “They are fully aware of what they’re doing.”

If corporations are sociopaths and Republicans are pro-corporations/big business, it follows that Republicans are pro-sociopathic behavior. Just think about that for a little while...

Corporate personhood is dangerous. If we are going to anthropomorphize corporations then we have to go all the way with the concept. If it can be said that sociopaths are quintessential influence peddlers then the mirror reveals corporations with that same gift or curse depending on which side of Alice’s mirror you’re looking through. If corporations are legal persons then they are also sociopaths that need to be incarcerated like Hannibal Lecter.

http://open.salon.com/blog/drama_donna/2010/02/07/corporations_are_sociopaths

fifth element
08-16-2011, 04:16 AM

Go ahead Mittens..... keep saying dumb stupid shit. :biggrin:seriously, you HAVE to wonder wth he was thinking??
or perhaps..."Mitt, WERE you thinking?"
or perhaps...

"are you fucking CRAZY?"

fifth element
08-16-2011, 04:19 AM
Does that mean if you attempt a hostile takeover you can be arrested for kidnapping?

:hee:..only if it is a YOUNG corporation....
kid-napping...lol

fifth element
08-16-2011, 04:20 AM

Palin = :barf:

Seshmeister
08-16-2011, 08:34 AM
I think we have a problem whereby in an environment where only fucking idiotic pricks would want to get involved in politics, we end up with idiotic fucking prick politicians.

Best you can hope for now is a not too stupid person with a big ego in it for their own gratification, worst case and you get these new Palin/Perry/Bachman/Romney dangerous lunatics.

jhale667
08-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Legal status to be organized. Anyone that argues a corporation is a person...needs to look in the mirror. And yes, we had students like Mitt in business class and that first paragraph is all they ever read. They then slept through the rest of their business degree.

If you want Mitt Romney as president, make sure you read up on Kolob, and ask him about his special underwear. You will be giving these brilliant people access to the Football and the Button. And you want to make out Chicago to be a political machine......Huntsmen and Romney ask "How High", when they talk to the Mormon Church Leadership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolob

Totally agree, but let's also recall Perry especially and to a lesser extent Bachmann are dominionists. They think the people THEY say "how high" to are the next apostles of Jeebus (y'know, because they appointed themselves!) and that they have to "prepare for the second coming" by doing anything and everything they can to accelerated the "rapture". Dominionist's stated goal is to take over the government, arts & entertainment, the media, financial institutions, the "family" (meaning I guess they think THEY should be able to decide who gets to form one) and every other section of society, to turn the place into a theocracy. THEY are what the founding fathers were trying to safeguard against, it's fucking scary.

Seshmeister
08-16-2011, 02:52 PM
And if nothing else it's not rock n' roll.

FORD
08-18-2011, 10:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAN9EjT_UJ0

jhale667
08-18-2011, 11:28 AM
And if nothing else it's not rock n' roll.

It ain't jazz, either.... :umm:

Little Texan
08-18-2011, 08:04 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/denco428/romneycar.jpg