PDA

View Full Version : This Looks Cool: "Apollo 18", Opening September 2, 2011

chefcraig
08-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I love retro-looking films, and this one appears to be pretty cool and creepy. Supposedly, there was an Apollo mission after the seventeenth one, but it was kept quiet by the government due to what took place. This is the footage that has remained hidden for years, and explains why we never went back to the moon. Yeah, the premise is pretty much lifted lock, stock and barrel from The Blair Witch Project, but I'm one of the three people on the planet that liked that film.

Hopefully, this won't blow chunks all over the dashboard like every other film I've had high hopes for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RGhKzUUaME&NR=1

FORD
08-11-2011, 06:59 PM
If it opens on September 2, then why is there a date of 4-22-11 at the end of the trailer?

Wonder why it was delayed?

chefcraig
08-11-2011, 07:09 PM
If it opens on September 2, then why is there a date of 4-22-11 at the end of the trailer?

That's one of the things that bugs me as well, because it means it was slated for release and then delayed at least 4 times, which is never a great sign that the studio has confidence in a film.

Unchainme
08-11-2011, 08:16 PM
I interviewed (for a school project) who the guy was supposed to be the Commander for "Apollo 18". ;).

He was the one who one whom got bumped from 13 for not getting the measles, and was actually pretty complimentary to how Sinise played him (despite the movie's portrayal, he was in Texas and NOT in Florida to watch the launch). Said he instead took the position of Command Module Pilot for 16 because he was concerned about not being able to go on a mission during the Apollo years because he could tell that they were not going to have very many missions left.

I asked him how he felt about those claiming the moon landing was faked and he had a good laugh at that, sounded very sincere. Which is why I believe anyone who believes in that conspiracy is an asshole.

SunisinuS
08-11-2011, 08:39 PM
http://image.lyricspond.com/image/t/artist-they-might-be-giants/album-apollo-18/cd-cover.jpg

Sweet As.

ODShowtime
08-11-2011, 08:59 PM
This looked cool so I was poking around and saw that they're remaking The Thing! That will either kick serious ass or piss me off. It looks pretty cool except there are chicks this time. And CGI.

SunisinuS
08-11-2011, 09:38 PM
This looked cool so I was poking around and saw that they're remaking The Thing! That will either kick serious ass or piss me off. It looks pretty cool except there are chicks this time. And CGI.

Wow Really?

"You got to be Fucking Kidding Me!"

:umm:

Hardrock69
08-12-2011, 02:04 AM
A SECOND REMAKE OF THE THING? CHRIST THAT IS FUCKING STUPID!

The original was great. I actually thought the remake was better. Why fuck with it?

Oh...I forgot....they are unimaginative idiots who could not come up with an original concept to save their lives....:(

Apollo 18 looks like it will be pretty cool. The studio heads are claiming they did not shoot any film, that they just found the footage in some archives. Pretty cool for a marketing campaign.

Thing is......one of the astronauts is claiming there WAS another Apollo mission, and that they discovered a VERY old spaceship on the other side of the moon....like, MILLIONS of years old.

There is even video footage on Youtube about it.

I am sure it is possible. Of course no way the gummint would own up to something like that.

I want to see Apollo 18 though.

Anyone seen Cowboys and Aliens? Been thinking about checking into it. I have not been to a movie since....uh....last fall, I think?

Anonymous
08-12-2011, 03:38 PM
There was no remake of The Thing, people. Nor there will be. Ever.

HR, be aware that Cowboys & Aliens, whilst sounding an ultra fuckin' cool cuntcept that causes you to feel giddy like a retarded schoolgirl at the thought, has Steven Spielberg's name on it, so you KNOW it'll be a huge alien blowjob like every other fuckin' film he managed to ruin with his alien permahard-on.

That dude's got more issues than a news stand.

Cheers! :bottle:

Hardrock69
08-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Yeah, he is producing it or something. Probably won't bother going. It is going to be available forever once it is released anyway. So I will see it someday.