PDA

View Full Version : Scientology: The Truth

Seshmeister
08-15-2011, 04:04 PM
<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/sCpuSu82l4Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/sCpuSu82l4Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Diamondjimi
08-15-2011, 04:29 PM
:lol:

What a grate "religion". Hey, let's follow the word of a failed science fiction writer..... fools.:Loser:

kwame k
08-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Classic:beers8:

Va Beach VH Fan
08-15-2011, 06:18 PM
And we wonder why the planet is so fucked up....

Julius
08-15-2011, 06:27 PM
That's why I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4752/000001100ag7.jpg

kwame k
08-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Seriously......a cult started by an insane sci-fi writer who wanted to embezzle tax free money.

Now that's fucking crazy!

My religion was started by a dude who claimed to be the Son of God but was a man too, died was Resurrected and just because maybe two guys who were around at the time, could actually write a first hand account about Him, he's a great guy, trust me.
He'll come again.......prefaced by seven seals, strange ass creatures, plague and destruction......all because He loves us:)

Seshmeister
08-15-2011, 06:41 PM
The main difference I think between religions though is age and how specific they are.

Scientology and Mormonism seem silly to most people because they are young rather than lost in the mists of time.

Being vague is helpful to be more palatable. If you say Jesus will return one day, hundreds of millions of people seem ok with that. If you say Jesus will return next Tuesday at the Taco Bell in Tuna Fish Wyoming then everyone thinks you are mentally incapacitated.

PETE'S BROTHER
08-15-2011, 06:43 PM
The main difference I think between religions though is age and how specific they are.

Scientology and Mormonism seem silly to most people because they are young rather than lost in the mists of time.

Being vague is helpful to be more palatable. If you say Jesus will return one day, hundreds of millions of people seem ok with that. If you say Jesus will return next Tuesday at the Taco Bell in Tuna Fish Wyoming then everyone thinks you are mentally incapacitated.

it's a taco john's

kwame k
08-15-2011, 06:45 PM
it's a taco john's

I thought everyone knew that:headlights:

PETE'S BROTHER
08-15-2011, 06:49 PM
whiplash the cowboy monkey is jesus!! sesh made a new religion.

PETE'S BROTHER
08-15-2011, 06:55 PM

Julius
08-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Where is Alan the Panther?

sadaist
08-15-2011, 07:07 PM
South park was great when they ripped on Scientology. Spot on & genius.

ashstralia
08-15-2011, 07:32 PM
'i'm quitting to become a homeopath' fucking classic.:biggrin:

Nitro Express
08-16-2011, 03:28 AM

Scientology seems to use the threat of lawsuits and powerful lawyers to keep their organization going. Mormons don't do that. What Mormons do is breed their membership. The whole system is geared for that. They have quite a sophisticated, subtle system set up to get the end results that the church leadership want. The whole key is to get members to marry each other and to totally smother their children in the church so that the next generation marry another member of the church. So what they do is set up a system within a system to do this. Mormons use a temple system. What you have to do to get a temple recommend (a card that admits you to any Mormon temple in the world) is you have to dedicate your life to the church and do whatever the church tells you to do (including wearing that holy underwear) and pay the church a 10% minimum of your gross increase. To hold high callings like bishop you have to be a temple attender married to another temple attender. So the church sets up a status system within the church. Sure you can warm a bench but you won't be given any status in the church. You will feel like a real nobody in the organization. So the temple system ingeniously creates a brainwashed married couple that will create more brain washed members for the church. If you look at Mormons they are into family big time. Why? It's what makes the church work. It's the engine. Then once you have family you have to manipulate the family. This is done with endless busy work. The church will fill your free time up with so many assignments that you won't have any time to do non church things. Once you hit bishop level the church is pretty much another full time job. It sounds horrid but I once was in a meeting with a Mormon apostle and what was brought up was finding bishops. We thought it would be difficult to find people willing to put that much time into a non-paid, volunteer role. Not to mention all the wackos in your congregation love to call you at 3:00AM with their problems. The apostle said oh finding bishops is easy because so many people want the status of the calling. He said the hardest position in the church to fill is finding decent scoutmasters. So it's all about making people feel special and exploiting their egos. The Mormon church is an absolute master at this. You know the scene in Tom Sawyer where Tom gets all the other kids in town to not only paint the fence for him but pay for the privilege of doing so. The same con is done by religious organizations.

I don't think we are as sophisticated as we would like to think we are. People are actually quite predictable. We don't like change, we don't handle power well, we are scared of death, we want acceptance, we want to be special, We want to be part of something; especially, something unique and important. Religion only exploits our human desires and wants. A good way to spot a con is when they tell you how special you are and then get very angry when you don't see things the same way.

Frankly my dad stayed active in the Mormon church to his dying day because he made enough money that donating 10% had tax advantages for him. The church kept good records so if there ever was an audit no problems there. He also, made a lot of money being a contractor in church financed construction projects. He also loved the social aspect of the church and loved feeling needed. My dad was a workaholic that loved to be the problem solver. I think his happiest years was when he served as bishop. I wasn't wired that way. The church filled no need and was basically in my way. So I disappointed a lot of relatives including my in-laws by leaving. Oh yeah, whenever there is a family wedding, I don't get to go because I don't have that special admittance card to get into the temple. So if all your relatives and community are Mormon there is hell to pay. That's how the system works. Some people like my dad actually liked it because it fed their ego, their wallets, or it made them feel special. For me there was nothing there that I wanted and I knew that from when I was really little. The problem is most people don't have the balls to leave. They are too worried what others might think of them. Which brings in what the church is another master at exploiting and that is peer pressure.

So there are no accidents in the church and everything is carefully planned for effect. Most the people being manipulated are there because the church fills a need or they are just too concerned about a poor personal image to make the move on leaving.

What I came to find is the doctrine and dogma is just filler. It's actually not that important. We could base everything around the spaghetti noodle god or whatever. The key to make a multi-generational church work is social engineering. You have to get members to marry other members and fill up all their free time with church activities. Go sit by a group of Mormons at a restaurant an see how much their church activity fills the conversation. You have to make the church part of their lives and make the church leadership unquestioned authority figures. What is actually taught is not as important as getting everyone to church and getting them to do everything the church tells them to do.

Hardrock69
08-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Pretty discriminatory....you no belong our Church, you no get our business.....

Ah well.

Fuck Scientology. They sue people because the paranoid schizophrenic....er...I mean...their FOUNDER felt that the best defense was a good offense. So if you criticized them (buncha goddamnable fucking con artists motherfuckers) they would send the attack dogs after you.

Supposedly, their "green vols" (a set of encyclopedias listing all their rules and regulations....and by their own definition, you can tell what an organization is having problems with by the laws and rules they enact....in Scientology's case, they must have a helluva lot of problems to have such a huge list of rules and regulations) and their "red vols" (a set of encyclopedias listing all their processes for post-hypnotic regression, their Xenu mythology, how to leave your body and go flying into Valerie Bertinelli's snatch, and other crap) are proprietary info and anyone outside the church who possesses them will get sued.

At least that is what they tell everyone.....they have to threaten them.

What was strange then was when I walked into a used book store in L.A. in 1991 and saw complete sets of green and red vols for sale. Seems some peeps in dat church fell on hard times and had to sell their "holy books" to put food on the table. :biggrin:

Fucking idiots.

L. Ron Hoover (A hoover is a device that sucks all the money out of your bank account) was a deranged alcoholic wife-beater who got into trouble in the Navy. He claimed later in life to have been a decorated WWII veteran, but in reality he was a pathetic loser who was kicked out of the Navy after being forced to undergo psychiatric treatment.

Anyone who is stupid enough to follow those fuckheads deserves what they get: They will believe they are insanely happy, but will be absolutely broke.

Seshmeister
08-16-2011, 10:13 AM
The VIP members get a totally different service from the cult than the general members. If you are John Travolta or Juliet Lewis you basically get a 24 hour a day nanny service where a team of people look after every worry and concern you may have about anything in return the cult gets some 'respectability'.

I think in some ways the internet may have helped slow them down a little. Just about all religions tell you the whole mythology right at the start, you don't have to work up to it. Having all that crap now out there on the internet and having to tell cult members that they aren't allowed to look maybe weakens their position a little.

Hardrock69
08-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Note that the VIP members pay out some heavy cash for these "services". Back in the 1980s, the price range for advanced 'therapy' could go over $14,000 an hour.

I at one point, had some idiot on the phone with me from Los Angeles telling me he was sure that I was an advanced being, and then in the next sentence asking me if I had any relatives who would loan me huge sums of money........they musta paid off the IRS something huge to be able to stay a tax exempt 'religion'....as it is just an organized scam.

I could just as easily create a bunch of rubbish culled from random pop songs from the past 40 years, cut my hair, put on a suit and tie, and deliver lectures to people about this new religious insanity process I have developed.....it would be exactly what the Scienproctologists use to scam people......."give me your money and everybody wins!"....You think somehow that you are better for having listened to my crap, or if you needed it drilled into your thick, Cro-Magnon sub-conscious SKULL......you can always buy my complete line of books, magazines, pamphlets, videos, DVDs, CDs, Audio Books, blah, blah, etc......and if you order NOW, I will send you a free CD with 87 different lectures from the esteemed Elder Hardrock69....never mind that a CD can only hold 80 minutes of audio.....we got the very best and most meaningful bits and edited them together to make a comperehensive Gospel Of Nicea II.

Incredible insight into the Universe: "And so in the middle of space, suddenly there......."

Amazing philosophical discussions on the conceptual idealogical radical existentialistic pandering revealed in my latest book: Yin and The Self: Fucking YourSelf In Your Skull In The 21st-Century!

Incredible theories about God and how he does not give a fuck about your pathetic and inconsequential bunghole: "God can see you when you are with...."

And perhaps the most influential and startling discovery of the Human Race:

"As I was walking down the street one day......a pretty lady looked at me and said her diamond watch had stopped for days......
that day........
does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care? If so I can't imagine why......we all have time enough to fly....".

If you subscribe to our Premium Advanced VIP Important Platinum Diamond Black Club, we will send you incredible tips on how to become the super idiot you always aspired to be.

Learn the very latest psycho-sexual techniques to drive your pet Pterodactyl WILD and achieve lasting harmonious intimacy.......

Limited offer, hurry now, offer ends soon. IF you order before 9 years ago, we will give you an extra-instantaneous amazing complementary bonus gift! A free ass kicking every day for 23 months!

Void where prohibited. May not be available in all areas. Must be 18, or at the very least 11. Odds of wiining are estimated at: Grand Prize - One deluxe feast for 2 adult male lions, with your choice of weapons and/or Life Insurance: 1/12. First Prize: All expenses paid deluxe accomodations aboard our personal Slave Ship....for the rest of your short life: 1/3

©2011 AD - The Romans....

Hardrock69
08-16-2011, 10:57 PM
For some reason, I prefer the word 'CLUT' when describing such organizations. Shit I dunno why. Sounds more mysterious. Or stupid. :lmao:

Nitro Express
08-17-2011, 12:02 AM
The VIP members get a totally different service from the cult than the general members. If you are John Travolta or Juliet Lewis you basically get a 24 hour a day nanny service where a team of people look after every worry and concern you may have about anything in return the cult gets some 'respectability'.

I think in some ways the internet may have helped slow them down a little. Just about all religions tell you the whole mythology right at the start, you don't have to work up to it. Having all that crap now out there on the internet and having to tell cult members that they aren't allowed to look maybe weakens their position a little.

I think the internet has really damaged many of these organizations. If anything historical surfaced that proved Joseph Smith to be a fraud the Mormon church would buy it and hide it. But now a lot of the information they hid resurfaced on the internet . The key to make the con work is to control information and isolate the membership from outside influences. Very hard to do with an uncensored internet connection. Then the church got conned by one of it's own members who forged a bunch of historical looking documents that made Jospeh Smith look bad and the church would buy his forgeries. He did this several times to the church. When the dude's scheme started to unravel he murdered or tried to murder the people who could spill the beans.

So basically you had a greedy con artist conning a greedy fraud of an organization that conned people on a larger scale. Almost like karma in play.

Blaze
08-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Note that the VIP members pay out some heavy cash for these "services". Back in the 1980s, the price range for advanced 'therapy' could go over $14,000 an hour.

I at one point, had some idiot on the phone with me from Los Angeles telling me he was sure that I was an advanced being, and then in the next sentence asking me if I had any relatives who would loan me huge sums of money........they musta paid off the IRS something huge to be able to stay a tax exempt 'religion'....as it is just an organized scam.

I could just as easily create a bunch of rubbish culled from random pop songs from the past 40 years, cut my hair, put on a suit and tie, and deliver lectures to people about this new religious insanity process I have developed.....it would be exactly what the Scienproctologists use to scam people......."give me your money and everybody wins!"....You think somehow that you are better for having listened to my crap, or if you needed it drilled into your thick, Cro-Magnon sub-conscious SKULL......you can always buy my complete line of books, magazines, pamphlets, videos, DVDs, CDs, Audio Books, blah, blah, etc......and if you order NOW, I will send you a free CD with 87 different lectures from the esteemed Elder Hardrock69....never mind that a CD can only hold 80 minutes of audio.....we got the very best and most meaningful bits and edited them together to make a comperehensive Gospel Of Nicea II.

Incredible insight into the Universe: "And so in the middle of space, suddenly there......."

Amazing philosophical discussions on the conceptual idealogical radical existentialistic pandering revealed in my latest book: Yin and The Self: Fucking YourSelf In Your Skull In The 21st-Century!

Incredible theories about God and how he does not give a fuck about your pathetic and inconsequential bunghole: "God can see you when you are with...."

And perhaps the most influential and startling discovery of the Human Race:

"As I was walking down the street one day......a pretty lady looked at me and said her diamond watch had stopped for days......
that day........
does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care? If so I can't imagine why......we all have time enough to fly....".

If you subscribe to our Premium Advanced VIP Important Platinum Diamond Black Club, we will send you incredible tips on how to become the super idiot you always aspired to be.

Learn the very latest psycho-sexual techniques to drive your pet Pterodactyl WILD and achieve lasting harmonious intimacy.......

Limited offer, hurry now, offer ends soon. IF you order before 9 years ago, we will give you an extra-instantaneous amazing complementary bonus gift! A free ass kicking every day for 23 months!

Void where prohibited. May not be available in all areas. Must be 18, or at the very least 11. Odds of wiining are estimated at: Grand Prize - One deluxe feast for 2 adult male lions, with your choice of weapons and/or Life Insurance: 1/12. First Prize: All expenses paid deluxe accomodations aboard our personal Slave Ship....for the rest of your short life: 1/3

©2011 AD - The Romans....

You should call it: The Church of Alex and base it on =VH= :biggrin:

Hardrock69
08-17-2011, 12:55 AM
:lmao:

No shit! HA! :D