PDA

View Full Version : Original line-up of Black Sabbath have reformed

Pages : [1] 2

kissfan1976
08-16-2011, 09:26 AM
http://metaltalk.net/news/2010882.php

The original line-up of Black Sabbath have reformed and have begun rehearsing for a forthcoming tour and possible new album.

While the MetalTalk.net troops converged on Bloodstock Festival, the spies went further afield to find Bill Ward and Geezer Butler lurking around in another part of the Midlands and today, we bring you our best ever exclusive and can tell you first that the original Black Sabbath line-up have reunited.

A decision was made fourteen days ago and this morning (Monday 15th August), Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer ('it will never happen') Butler, and Bill Ward gathered in their secret rehearsal studio and began the process of putting the show back on the road.

Much, much more to follow on this story. For now, the original line-up of Black Sabbath have reformed and will be back in action very soon...

binnie
08-16-2011, 10:36 AM
From blabbermouth

_____________________________________-

It's Official: Reunited Original Lineup Of BLACK SABBATH Working On New Album - Aug. 16, 2011

BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi has confirmed to Birmingham Mail that the band's original lineup has reunited and is rehearsing for a tour and new studio album.

Iommi and singer Ozzy Osbourne wrote new material in June for a record that will be released next year.

"We're really looking forward to it and I think the stuff we've been writing is really good," said Iommi. "It's more back to the old original stuff."

He added that the reunion has been kept under wraps for some time.

"It's all been very hush-hush. Ozzy's been the worst at trying to hold it back. He's doing a lot of TV and he's being asked stuff about a reunion and he's going, 'Well, I never say never.' He told me, 'I don't know what to say."

Iommi told the Birmingham Mail that his only concern about a reunion of BLACK SABBATH's original lineup was the health of drummer Bill Ward who in 1998 suffered a heart attack.

"He hasn't been 100 percent. He had an operation a few months ago, so we'll see how he is."

Ozzy was asked by QMI Agency in a recent interview why the four members of SABBATH couldn't seem to agree on playing together again. Ozzy replied, "I haven't got a clue. If they want to call me, they can call me. I never say never. If it works, fine. If it don't, I'll move on. It ain't the end of the world. I ain't gonna get a box of Kleenex and cry my eyes out for the rest of my life."

Ozzy added, "I would love to do a great album with BLACK SABBATH. I would love to get the credit we so roundly deserve. At the same time, the pressure would be really intense. I could go tomorrow and make an album with them, but it wouldn't necessarily be something I would be proud of."

The original SABBATH lineup has not toured together since summer 2005, and last convened for their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in early 2006.

SABBATH did try to record a new album 12 years ago, their first since 1978, but abandoned the attempt after just a couple of songs.

Osbourne and Iommi last year amicably resolved their problems over the ownership of the BLACK SABBATH name and court proceedings in New York were discontinued.

Ozzy filed a lawsuit against Iommi in May 2009, claiming that Iommi illegally took sole ownership of the band's name in a filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Osbourne sued Iommi for a 50 percent interest in the "Black Sabbath" trademark, along with a portion of Iommi's profits from use of the name.

The Manhattan federal court suit also charged that Osbourne's "signature lead vocals" are largely responsible for the band's "extraordinary success," noting that its popularity plummeted during his absence from 1980 through 1996.

Lawyer Andrew DeVore argued that Osbourne signed away all his rights to the BLACK SABBATH trademark after he quit the band in 1979.

Osbourne's lawyer, Howard Shire, called that agreement a "red herring" that was "repudiated" when the singer rejoined in 1997 and took over "quality control" of the band's merchandise, tours and recordings.

binnie
08-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I think this will be underwhelming. As much as the latter work with Dio was surprisingly good, I just don't think the stuff with Ozzy will be able to meet expectations.

The songs they did in '97 were utter dogshit.

indeedido
08-16-2011, 10:59 AM
I take it a Wylde-less Ozzy hasn't done well and is seeking a monetary increase in Sabbath. Who cares really.

binnie
08-16-2011, 11:05 AM
I doubt it's about money: Ozzy could probably make more on his own tour because he'd be taking a majoirty %.

Plus, 'Scream' was very well received by the critics - it's not saying much, but it is easily his best record since 'No Rest For the Wicked' (i.e. better than most of Wylde-era work).

They're all multi-millionaires, so I guess at this stage its just a case of whether they can be bothered to deal with one another and a 'now or never' mentality.

kissfan1976
08-16-2011, 11:50 AM
2012 and The Return Of Black Sabbath, Hmmmmm.....,

FORD
08-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Not surprised at all if they do another tour, but I'll believe there's an album when I hear it. I just hope they can do something better than "Psycho Man" and "Selling My Soul".

Va Beach VH Fan
08-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Frankly, not concerned with the new stuff at all...

But I have to admit, I saw them in concert when they reunited in '99, and the atmosphere in that crowd was amazing... It was like, well, what WOULD have been if MA were back....

Mr Walker
08-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Listened to the first Sabbath album a few days ago... fucking amazing!

FORD
08-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Sabbath is another one of those cases where the first 6 albums are all you ever really need.

BruinJer
08-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Techincal Ecstasy was pretty bad!

indeedido
08-16-2011, 03:45 PM
I doubt it's about money: Ozzy could probably make more on his own tour because he'd be taking a majoirty %.

EVERYTHING with Sharon is about money. They probably would stand to somehow make more or she wouldn't do it. But I guess since he has no new album on his own to support, this would give them a chance to go back out and make some dough. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

kissfan1976
08-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Tony Iommi Denies Reunion Talk, calling it "absolute nonsense"
The net has been abuzz the last 24 hours with a ton of reunion talk of Mk I Black Sabbath. It's all mostly fueled on an article from the Birmingham Mail newspaper where Tony Iommi reported to have talked about a reunion, etc... There were no official statements on the matter.

Until now.

Tony Iommi just issued this statement on his site (which is overloaded at the moment, as has been mine). Check this:

Black Sabbath Re-Union Speculation 16th August 2011
Black Sabbath Re-Union

I'm saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Black Sabbath reunion.

At the time I was supporting the Home of Metal exhibition was merely speculating shooting the breeze on something all of us get asked constantly "Are you getting back together?"

Thanks to the internet it's now gone round the world as some sort of "official" statement on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he's enjoyed his moment of glory, he won't have another at my expense.

To my old pals, Ozzy, Geezer and Bill, sorry about this, I should have known better.

All the best,Tony

Jagermeister
08-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Tony Iommi Denies Reunion Talk, calling it "absolute nonsense"
The net has been abuzz the last 24 hours with a ton of reunion talk of Mk I Black Sabbath. It's all mostly fueled on an article from the Birmingham Mail newspaper where Tony Iommi reported to have talked about a reunion, etc... There were no official statements on the matter.

Until now.

Tony Iommi just issued this statement on his site (which is overloaded at the moment, as has been mine). Check this:

Black Sabbath Re-Union Speculation 16th August 2011
Black Sabbath Re-Union

I'm saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Black Sabbath reunion.

At the time I was supporting the Home of Metal exhibition was merely speculating shooting the breeze on something all of us get asked constantly "Are you getting back together?"

Thanks to the internet it's now gone round the world as some sort of "official" statement on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he's enjoyed his moment of glory, he won't have another at my expense.

To my old pals, Ozzy, Geezer and Bill, sorry about this, I should have known better.

All the best,Tony

Who do these guys think they are? Van Halen?

Hardrock69
08-16-2011, 09:09 PM
I know. Here is the new twist:

Van Halen used to have a rep for hiring sucky/lame bands to open for them back in the early 80s. Or at least it always seemed whoever opened for them would totally suck.

Twist it around, so it is like an even earlier tour: 1978!

So they could do a big reunion tour with two bands who toured together before. Recreate all the original stuff. Their original stage clothes. Their original gear.

Van Halen could open for Black Sabbath every night of the tour, and blow them off the stage much like they did in 1978, lol.

The ORIGINAL lineup with Mike. THE ONLY TRUE BASSPLAYER OF VAN HALEN! :mad:

Black Sabbath could play their standard set, while Ozzy would stumble over to the mic and yell "LET'S GO FUCKING CRAZY! at the 4,000 fans left in the arena....

And an entirely new generation of fans could tell their grandkids someday: "Goddammit! I saw Van Halen blow Black Sabbath away in 2012!!! What you kids listen to these days ain't shit!..."

Mr Badguy
08-18-2011, 07:35 AM
I have to be honest, paying a fortune to see a bunch of old guys who are well past their best doesn't interest me at all.

Yes, the are legends, but it's over.

As for a new album?

No thanks.

Vinnie Velvet
08-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Well, this "official news" got smacked pretty quickly, eh?

:biggrin:

The original Sabs best years are behind them. Time to move on.

Terry
08-20-2011, 06:36 PM
I have to be honest, paying a fortune to see a bunch of old guys who are well past their best doesn't interest me at all.

Yes, the are legends, but it's over.

As for a new album?

No thanks.

Frankly, Iommi and Butler put together such a great reunion with Dio (at least in terms of delivering excellent live performances) several years back that I seriously doubt anything Ozzy and Ward would bring to the table these days would mean much by way of comparison.

It's not like the original four would get together in some shitty, burnt-out factory in Birmingham, and create new tunes purely for the sake of making music.

Plus, these guys already reunited once already.

I mean, much of the stuff they did with Ozzy WAS pure brilliance. Fantastic work with Dio as well. Hell, even the one-off with Gillan had moments of greatness. Nothing will ever tarnish that output. However, the idea that if one only gets the members of the "best" or classic lineup of whatever band back together...that this in and of itself will reslut in rekindling the old magic...the track record for this actually happening is usually quite the opposite.

ODShowtime
08-21-2011, 09:47 AM
This is one of the only big bands I have yet to see. Please don't skip Florida like everyone else does these days....

Mr Walker
10-21-2011, 07:54 AM
TONY IOMMI Confirms Original BLACK SABBATH Lineup Rehearsed For First Time In Years - Oct. 21, 2011
Guitarist Tony Iommi has told U.K.'s Terrorizer magazine that the four original members of BLACK SABBATH recently got together in a rehearsal room for the first time in years, adding, "[We] played some of the old stuff and to be together again was great. We're all on good terms and we're at a stage where we can play together again. It would be good if we could and I suppose it's the closest it's been to be able to do that. It could happen!"

Singer Ozzy Osbourne told Billboard.com last week that a reunion of the original BLACK SABBATH lineup was a "very, very strong possibility." He added, "It's in the very early stages, so we haven't recorded anything yet. If it works out, it'll work out. If it doesn't, I'll keep doing my thing."

The Birmingham Mail reported in August that the original SABBATH lineup — Ozzy, Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward — had begun rehearsing and writing music in secret for a new album. The Mail based its story around remarks made by Iommi, who later said the comments were off the record and taken out of context. Iommi's manager, however, did not deny that a reunion was underway.

Speculation about a reunion was fueled later that month when Ozzy skipped the Hollywood premiere of the documentary about his life, "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne". Both his son Jack and daughter Kelly hinted at the time that their dad was "doing something that is very, very exciting."

chefcraig
10-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Enough, already! Two months ago, Iommi denied this was happening, calling it "absolute nonsense." Great. Shit or get off the pot, but most of all, shut the fuck up until then, Tony.

VAiN
10-21-2011, 09:38 AM
I hear VH is in the studio... just sayin...

Jagermeister
10-21-2011, 10:01 AM
TONY IOMMI Confirms Original BLACK SABBATH Lineup Rehearsed For First Time In Years - Oct. 21, 2011
Guitarist Tony Iommi has told U.K.'s Terrorizer magazine that the four original members of BLACK SABBATH recently got together in a rehearsal room for the first time in years, adding, "[We] played some of the old stuff and to be together again was great. We're all on good terms and we're at a stage where we can play together again. It would be good if we could and I suppose it's the closest it's been to be able to do that. It could happen!"

Singer Ozzy Osbourne told Billboard.com last week that a reunion of the original BLACK SABBATH lineup was a "very, very strong possibility." He added, "It's in the very early stages, so we haven't recorded anything yet. If it works out, it'll work out. If it doesn't, I'll keep doing my thing."

The Birmingham Mail reported in August that the original SABBATH lineup — Ozzy, Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward — had begun rehearsing and writing music in secret for a new album. The Mail based its story around remarks made by Iommi, who later said the comments were off the record and taken out of context. Iommi's manager, however, did not deny that a reunion was underway.

Speculation about a reunion was fueled later that month when Ozzy skipped the Hollywood premiere of the documentary about his life, "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne". Both his son Jack and daughter Kelly hinted at the time that their dad was "doing something that is very, very exciting."

I read something similar weeks ago. It would be great if it were treu and I see no reason to think it's not at this point.

Mr. Vengeance
10-22-2011, 12:00 PM
I have every Sabbath album. From Black Sabbath to Seventh Star to that abomination Forbidden, to Devil You Know. While I was stoked as hell for the Dio reunion and album (which delivered the goods) I really am done with the Ozzy-Sab. They did so much great stuff that it can never be touched. I think that the band still had work to do with RJD, and that's why the album was good. A reunited Sabbath album will likely be disappointing as hell. I'll buy it of course if it happens, and that's probably why it will happen. $$$$$$$

Satan
10-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Here's my final word are the subject: Either deliver a damned reunion, or buy back your souls, because right now they aren't doing shit for Hell's bottom line.

Mr Badguy
10-23-2011, 07:31 PM
As much as everyone thinks a Sabbath album wouldn't be good because of Ozzy, in reality it's down to Tony.

If he doesn't come up with the riffs, the thing will be sunk before Ozzy sings a note.

ThrillsNSpills
10-23-2011, 08:15 PM
If he doesn't come up with the riffs, the thing will be sunk before Ozzy sings a note.

Absolutely. It comes down to the quality of the tunes. My problem with Ozzy is that he can't hit stuff like Hole in the Sky which frankly makes me wonder why the Asbury Park concert wasn't released officially as it really delivered.

(the following isn't Asbury Park but there's video at least)

Mr Walker
10-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Rumour - BLACK SABBATH, JUDAS PRIEST, MOTÖRHEAD To Tour Together?
Hot Flashes
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 10:04:31 EST

While the original members of BLACK SABBATH - guitarist Tony Iommi, singer Ozzy Osbourne, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward - appear to be reuniting with one rehearsal already in the can, there's talk that a tour will happen in early 2012. According to rumours passed along to BraveWords.com, the godfathers of heavy metal will be teaming up with fellow UK metal gods JUDAS PRIEST and the legendary MOTÖRHEAD for a tour of North America in the spring, before Sabbath heads over to Europe for the summer festival season in June/July. More news as it develops. No other details are available at this time. Once again, these should be taken as rumours and have not been confirmed by band management.

Satan
10-25-2011, 02:21 PM
I thought Priest was calling it quits, after the scab guitarist tour is over?

chefcraig
10-25-2011, 02:24 PM

Yeah, and I thought both The Who and KISS were going away after their so-called "farewell" tours in 1982 and 2000.

Kristy
10-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Looks like Sharon needs a new wing built to her mansion - and she has the right tools to do it.

sadaist
10-25-2011, 03:07 PM

Might be like The Police where they tour for 2 years. Judas Priest still draws huge crowds on their own so as long as they can fill arenas & amphitheaters they should keep it going. Let everyone have a chance to see them one last time.

Mr Walker
10-26-2011, 08:05 AM

I think they've already backed off on the quitting thing... it turned into the 'no more world tours of this scale anymore farewell tour'. I think Tipton has even mentioned doing a new LP. I mean... what else are these guys gonna do? Open a golf course or something?

Nitro Express
10-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Yeah, and I thought both The Who and KISS were going away after their so-called "farewell" tours in 1982 and 2000.

I can remember Paul Stanley saying,"This is it. It's better to leave with people saying "why are you going?" than to have them say "why don't you go already?".

I think they just made so much money it was hard to hang it up. According to Gene they average a million dollars a show. I mean that's a lot of cow sperm or money bag hats.

Seshmeister
10-26-2011, 12:57 PM
I think they've already backed off on the quitting thing... it turned into the 'no more world tours of this scale anymore farewell tour'. I think Tipton has even mentioned doing a new LP.

A big enough 'roll eyes' smiley doesn't exist...

I wish Van Halen would do a farewell tour so that we would know that they were planing on working together for the next 10 years.

kissfan1976
11-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Black Sabbath To Hold Press Conference On 11/11/11

Black Sabbath are holding a press conference to make a “special announcement” on November 11, at 11:11 a.m., no less, in Los Angeles. It will be held at the Whisky A Go Go , where the band made its Los Angeles debut 41 years ago. All four original members—Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward—will be present and it will be hosted by Henry Rollins.

Vinnie Velvet
11-04-2011, 02:08 PM
//http://www.revolvermag.com/news/black-sabbath-post-teaser%e2%80%a6what-does-it-mean.html
Black Sabbath To Hold Press Conference On 11/11/11

Black Sabbath are holding a press conference to make a “special announcement” on November 11, at 11:11 a.m., no less, in Los Angeles. It will be held at the Whisky A Go Go , where the band made its Los Angeles debut 41 years ago. All four original members—Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward—will be present and it will be hosted by Henry Rollins.

Is this bullshit?

Where is this from?

chefcraig
11-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Is this bullshit?

Where is this from?

It is being reported at something called Noisecreep (http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/11/04/black-sabbath-reunion-announcement/).

kissfan1976
11-04-2011, 03:07 PM
REVOLVER MAG BLACK SABBATH NEWS BIT (http://www.revolvermag.com/news/black-sabbath-post-teaser%e2%80%a6what-does-it-mean.html)

kissfan1976
11-11-2011, 04:51 PM
http://www.black-sabbath.com/images/bandpics/sabbath2011_3.jpg

BLACK SABBATH
REUNITES TO RECORD FIRST NEW STUDIO ALBUM IN 33 YEARS
AND LAUNCH MASSIVE WORLD TOUR IN 2012

OZZY OSBOURNE, TONY IOMMI, GEEZER BUTLER AND BILL WARD
UNVEIL PLANS ON 11/11/11
AT A LOS ANGELES PRESS CONFERENCE
AT THE WHISKY A GO-GO,
WHERE THE BAND PERFORMED THEIR FIRST LOS ANGELES DATE EXACTLY 41 YEARS AGO

After much speculation, the original four members of BLACK SABBATH--OZZY OSBOURNE (vocals), TONY IOMMI (guitar), GEEZER BUTLER (bass) and BILL WARD (drums)--have reunited to record their first new studio album in 33 years with producer Rick Rubin (seven-time Grammy winner, two of those as Producer of the Year) and to embark on a massive world tour in 2012.

OSBOURNE, IOMMI, BUTLER and WARD as well as Rubin all gathered today on 11/11/11 to announce the news at a Los Angeles press conference at the legendary club, the Whisky A Go-Go, the site of the groundbreaking and influential band’s first L.A. concert exactly 41 years ago (Nov 11, 1970). The event was hosted by the revered musical and spoken word artist Henry Rollins who has said that “Any band worth their weight in napalm wishes they had written ‘War Pigs.’”

Selling over 70 million albums together, the Grammy-winning, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees have signed a new record deal worldwide with Vertigo and Vertigo/ Universal Republic in the U.S., the band’s original label. BLACK SABBATH is now in the studio recording the as-yet-untitled new album for release in the fall of 2012 (exact date TBA). It will mark their ninth studio album together and their first since 1978’s Never Say Die!

Next summer, BLACK SABBATH will headline the mammoth multi-day UK Download Festival in the U.K. on June 10. The new album will then be supported with a worldwide headline arena tour (dates TBA).

BLACK SABBATH also announced today the launch of www.blacksabbath.com, the first-ever official BLACK SABBATH website for all authorized BLACK SABBATH news. In addition, the band’s online presence will also be supported by social media via Facebook and Twitter--again, marking the band’s first-ever foray into the social media world.

BLACK SABBATH released their self-titled debut album in 1970. “Black Sabbath is credited with creating heavy metal,” according to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. “The success of their first two albums--Black Sabbath and Paranoid--marked a paradigm shift in the world of rock. Not until Black Sabbath upended the music scene did the term ‘heavy metal’ enter the popular vocabulary to describe the denser, more thunderous offshoot of rock over which they presided.” The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame also noted, “…they remain one of the most misunderstood bands in rock history,” adding: “The band’s musicality was generally overlooked, but they possessed an inventiveness and fluency that, in hindsight, makes them seem as much of a progressive-rock band as a heavy-metal one.”

In 1998, BLACK SABBATH released Reunion from their 1997 concerts in Birmingham, England, a two-CD live set that featured two new studio songs. The band has also sporadically reunited for shows in 1999, 2002 and 2004; in 2005, the four performed concerts together when they toured Europe and then headlined the 10th anniversary of Osbourne’s namesake festival OZZfest. Also in 2005, they were inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame by Brian May of Queen. This was followed by their induction in 2006 into the U.S. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an honor bestowed on them by Metallica’s James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich.

VHscraps
11-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Black Sabbath, the Men in Black ... in a black room. Say no more.

hambon4lif
11-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Now THAT'S what a legitimate 'reunion' is supposed to look like!!!

Geezer isn't replaced by Tony's kid or anything stupid like that......I'm fuckin' jealous.

I plan on catching every single show that comes my way.

Kickass!!

SunisinuS
11-11-2011, 06:07 PM

Geezer isn't replaced by Tony's kid or anything stupid like that......I'm fuckin' jealous.

Kickass!!

Yea you only wonder why VH cannot get rolling like back in the day.... Wonder if BS and VH will be taking another picture together on tour....although Dave is probably the only one that can still get down on a knee and stand back up under his own power these days.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/aia94/an_Halen.jpg

FORD
11-11-2011, 06:16 PM

Kickass!!

Yeah, but then Geezer was never the weakest link in Sabbath, Bill Ward was.

Great drummer, but how many times has his health taken him out of the mix? Let's hope he actually makes it to the tour, but my cynical side tells me they already have Vinny Appice on standby. Or (Satan help us all) Jack Osbourne.

binnie
11-11-2011, 06:18 PM
They're headlining Donnington one day next year; Metallica are headlining another day (and playing all of the Blaclk Album). That's something I need to see.

Does my life need another dissapointing 'reunion' album though? I think not.

FORD
11-11-2011, 06:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WU3SZjfbcpI

PETE'S BROTHER
11-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Yea you only wonder why VH cannot get rolling like back in the day.... Wonder if BS and VH will be taking another picture together on tour....although Dave is probably the only one that can still get down on a knee and stand back up under his own power these days.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/aia94/an_Halen.jpg

it has been discussed......

FORD
11-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Does my life need another dissapointing 'reunion' album though? I think not.

If it's humanly possible to get a decent record out of these guys, Rick Rubin is the man to do it. Frankly, I wish Van Halen had gone with him too.

Kristy
11-11-2011, 06:44 PM
If Sharon can keep her grubby paws out of it this might be worth seeing.

chefcraig
11-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Uh-oh. The album is to be produced by Rick Rubin. I'm not exactly impressed by his work with heavy bands, particularly the disasters he performed with AC/DC and Metallica.

Kristy
11-11-2011, 07:37 PM
...and ZZ Top.

chefcraig
11-11-2011, 07:56 PM
That remains to be seen, as the ZZ Top album hasn't been released yet. The only evidence is a track that was leaked to the internet a few months ago, and is neither complete nor is it credited to Rubin. Even so, it's not too bad, and the chorus is killer.

ZZ Top, ‘Flyin’ High’ – Song Review (http://ultimateclassicrock.com/zz-top-flyin-high-song-review/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z6_yZJ3g_0

sonrisa salvaje
11-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Hopefully, Ozzy doesn't screw this up. Let Iommi and Geezer write this thing and go in and do your lyrics and vocals. No bullshit allowed.

Kind of scary isn't it? Black Sabbath and Van Halen reunite and tour in 2012.

Black Sabbath + Van Halen = stadium tour?

Terry
11-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Hopefully, Ozzy doesn't screw this up. Let Iommi and Geezer write this thing and go in and do your lyrics and vocals. No bullshit allowed.

Kind of scary isn't it? Black Sabbath and Van Halen reunite and tour in 2012.

Black Sabbath + Van Halen = stadium tour?

Now THAT might be a stadium show worth going to...MIGHT be...

Van Halen really need to ditch Wolfie, though. The kid brings nada to the mix. Just get Biff Malibu back and shake it one more time for the fans.

Agreed it'll be interesting to see if Bill Ward actually stays in the band long enough this time to complete the album AND the tour.

hambon4lif
11-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Black Sabbath + Van Halen = stadium tour?I sure as hell hope not,
Maybe with Mikey back in his rightful spot, it would be a different story, but if you put the current version of VH alongside a band that clearly knows more about the concept of what a 'reunion' actually means, the result could be downright embarrassing.

As a true fan of the real Van Halen, the last thing I want to see is Sabbath getting their revenge for '78.

Terry
11-11-2011, 10:04 PM
I sure as hell hope not,
Maybe with Mikey back in his rightful spot, it would be a different story, but if you put the current version of VH alongside a band that clearly knows more about the concept of what a 'reunion' actually means, the result could be downright embarrassing.

As a true fan of the real Van Halen, the last thing I want to see is Sabbath getting their revenge for '78.

I've seen / heard footage of 1978 Sabbath, and they sounded pretty good. Like, if they were able to tour these days with that amount of energy, enthusiasm and precision, it'd be a good show.

Yeah, Van Wolfie would look a bit pale next to a full-on Sabbath reunion firing on all cylinders.

FORD
11-11-2011, 10:51 PM
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvFTL6qOvfg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvFTL6qOvfg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

hambon4lif
11-11-2011, 11:48 PM

Kristy
11-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Just get Biff Malibu back and shake it one more time for the fans.

Steve Baily.
http://www.sourceaudio.net/images/sized/images/artists/steve_bailey-425x531.jpg

Why? No reason other then he is one experienced session man who most likely can tolerate Eddie's shit while receiving a paycheck.

binnie
11-12-2011, 04:43 AM
Uh-oh. The album is to be produced by Rick Rubin. I'm not exactly impressed by his work with heavy bands, particularly the disasters he performed with AC/DC and Metallica.

I certainly wouldn't call 'Death Magnetic' a disaster. It's not a classic, but it's definitely a good record.

Seshmeister
11-12-2011, 05:59 AM
The Black Sabbath reunion actually made the national news here today.

Amazing how things change.

chefcraig
11-12-2011, 06:56 AM
I certainly wouldn't call 'Death Magnetic' a disaster. It's not a classic, but it's definitely a good record.

If a good amount of your fan based is opts to rip/download your latest album not from you, but from the soundtrack of a video game because it sounds better than your official release, then it's a disaster.

Mr. Vengeance
11-12-2011, 09:32 AM
A new album in the fall of 2012????? C'mon man......They're going to take a year to release this album?

Seshmeister
11-12-2011, 03:48 PM

And Wolvesbane, killed their careers.

Coyote
11-12-2011, 04:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z6_yZJ3g_0

ZZ Top with a lifesuckin', Nickelback-chorus. Lord, have mercy...

Kristy
11-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Yeah, that did suck.

ThrillsNSpills
11-13-2011, 11:08 AM
ZZ Top with a lifesuckin', Nickelback-chorus. Lord, have mercy...

LMAO. You nailed it.
(decent guitar tone at least)

Iommi was on a roll in the seventies though. A new album every year, never made the same one twice. Granted, not all of it was accessible at first listen since the guy at times just hacksawed parts together but it worked when you're used to it.

Kristy
11-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi, Thrills.

ThrillsNSpills
11-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi, Thrills.

Hey Kristy.
Good call on the Terry Jacks song. What a nightmare.
Music to slit the wrists to. I would have re-edited it so he dies in the middle of the first verse. I've got a machine gun sample from a Monty Python album.

Kristy
11-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Well you know Thrills us 1% elite Zeppelin haters have to stick together. :killer:

lesfunk
11-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Steve Baily.
http://www.sourceaudio.net/images/sized/images/artists/steve_bailey-425x531.jpg

Why? No reason other then he is one experienced session man who most likely can tolerate Eddie's shit while receiving a paycheck.

It's funny. I wonder if Steve would do it.... I remember him telling me a story once about when he was in school ( I can't remember if it was Miami or North Texas) he was offered to play bass for a new country band that was calling themselves "Alabama". He refused with the attitude that he was a Jazz player and didn't want to know from Commercial Country music.
He said he kicked himself in the ass for years as he would have been a Millionaire at a very young age.
I'm curious if he would say yes if VH asked.. He did say yes to Jethro Tull and did an album with them.

Vinnie Velvet
11-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Anyone notice that Geezer doesn't seem too thrilled about this reunion?

ThrillsNSpills
11-14-2011, 03:09 PM

I'm listening to Queen News of the World and there's a bonus track of remixed We Will Rock You and right on the case on the back cover it says (1991 Bonus remix ruined by Rick Rubin)

chefcraig
11-14-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm listening to Queen News of the World and there's a bonus track of remixed We Will Rock You and right on the case on the back cover it says (1991 Bonus remix ruined by Rick Rubin)

Yeah, I have that one as well. I think they were part of the rereleases done quite a while ago by some weird label called Hollywood Records. They put out one or two of these bizarre compilations featuring track listings that seemed to be chosen off of a dart board. They put out "remixed" albums of everything up to Hot Space, but still managed to screw up the Live Killers album by making it sound as bad as a bootleg and failing to include the complete show.

Satan
11-14-2011, 04:01 PM
The Hollywood Remasters were terrible. They managed to fuck up the beginning of "Too Late" entirely. Didn't buy any of the others after that. Went to the Crown Jewels box, which were remastered properly. Of course they didn't have any of the "Bonus Remixes" but most of them were crap anyway. The hip hop remix of "We Are The Champions" was just fucking awful. I've still got it in Hell's Torture Jukebox somewhere, but I would never intentionally listen to it again.

FORD
11-16-2011, 01:07 AM
I'll bet you have a copy of the Jeff Fenholt demos, don't you?

twonabomber
11-16-2011, 01:44 AM
some weird label called Hollywood Records

Hollywood Records = Disney.

Hardrock69
11-16-2011, 04:12 AM
I have just about all the demos available in bootleg form from the 1980s and some from the 90s. Jeff Fenholdt sessions, stuff with Ray Gillen, Dehumanizer demos. More than I can recall off the top of my head.

Terry
11-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Anyone notice that Geezer doesn't seem too thrilled about this reunion?

He seemed a bit understated at the press conference, but who knows? I mean, it felt like Heaven and Hell still had some juice left in them, then sadly RJD passed away...and honestly Ozzy these days doesn't have much to offer besides his reality show notoriety. This type of fame is useful in terms of making a media splash, but all those histrionics don't necessarily translate into creative energy in terms of actually writing songs.

Having said all that, it'll be interesting to hear what the band can come up with. Iommi, Geezer and Ward still have the potential to create something special that can transcend the rather lackluster musical results which have popped up on Ozzy's last several studio releases.

sonrisa salvaje
11-21-2011, 04:33 PM
I have just about all the demos available in bootleg form from the 1980s and some from the 90s. Jeff Fenholdt sessions, stuff with Ray Gillen, Dehumanizer demos. More than I can recall off the top of my head.

Me too. I've even got the live disc they did with Tony Martin, all the Iommi solo stuff, and all of the Geezer. I thought the Black Science record that Geezer did was killer by the way.

kissfan1976
02-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward has dropped a potential bombshell on the band’s recently announced original line-up reunion, stating that he will sit out of both the group’s recording sessions and tour plans unless he is offered a “signable” contract that financially reflects his contributions to the band’s history.
This is the second major new to threaten this much-hoped for reunion since the Nov. 11 announcement that Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Ward would be getting back together to record their first album since 1978′s ‘Never Say Die!’

About a month ago, Iommi revealed that he had been diagnosed with lymphoma, and although he’s hopeful for a strong recovery, reports are that at least some of the band’s 2012 tour plans have been cancelled.Ward addresses this matter sensitively and states that he’s willing to travel to the U.K. to record the album, and to go on the tour, provided he gets an agreement more to his liking.

His complete statement, as posted on his official site, is below. We’re perfectly willing to be the first to contribute to a Kickstarter account to bridge the money gap, if it means we get Sabbath back!

“Dear Sabbath Fans, Fellow Musicians and Interested Parties,
At this time, I would love nothing more than to be able to proceed with the Black Sabbath album and tour. However, I am unable to continue unless a “signable” contract is drawn up; a contract that reflects some dignity and respect toward me as an original member of the band.

Last year, I worked diligently in good faith with Tony, Ozzy and Geezer. And on 11/11/11, again in good faith, I participated in the L.A. press conference. Several days ago, after nearly a year of trying to negotiate, another “unsignable” contract was handed to me.

Let me say that although this has put me in some kind of holding pattern, I am packed and ready to leave the U.S. for England. More importantly, I definitely want to play on the album, and I definitely want to tour with Black Sabbath.

Since the news of Tony’s illness, and the understanding that the band would move production to the U.K., I’ve spent everyday getting to or living in a place of readiness to leave. That involves something of a task, and as I’ve tried to find out what’s going on with the U.K. sessions, I’ve realized that I’ve been getting “the cold shoulder” (and, I might add, not for the first time). Feeling somewhat ostracized, my guess is as of today, I will know nothing of what’s happening unless I sign “the unsignable contract.”

The place I’m in feels lousy and lonely because as much as I want to play and participate, I also have to stand for something and not sign on. If I sign as-is, I stand to lose my rights, dignity and respectability as a rock musician. I believe in freedom and freedom of speech. I grew up in a hard rock/metal band. We stood for something then, and we played from the heart with honesty and sincerity. I am in the spirit of integrity, far from the corporate malady, I am real and honest, fair and compassionate.

If I’m replaced, I have to face you, the beloved Sabbath fans. I hope you will not hold me responsible for the failure of an original Black Sabbath lineup as promoted. Without fault finding, I want to assure everyone that my loyalty to Sabbath is intact.
So here I am. I lay my truth down before you. I’m good to go IF I get a “signable” contract. I don’t want to let anyone down, especially Black Sabbath and all the Sabbath fans. You know I love you. It would be a sad day in Rock if this current situation fell to the desires of a few.

My position is not greed-driven. I’m not holding out for a “big piece” of the action (money) like some kind of blackmail deal. I’d like something that recognizes and is reflective of my contributions to the band, including the reunions that started fourteen years ago. After the last tour I vowed to never again sign on to an unreasonable contract. I want a contract that shows some respect to me and my family, a contract that will honor all that I’ve brought to Black Sabbath since its beginning.

That’s the story so far.
Stay safe and stay strong.
I love every single one of you.
–Bill Ward

So this is love
02-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward has dropped a potential bombshell on the band’s recently announced original line-up reunion, stating that he will sit out of both the group’s recording sessions and tour plans unless he is offered a “signable” contract that financially reflects his contributions to the band’s history.
This is the second major new to threaten this much-hoped for reunion since the Nov. 11 announcement that Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Ward would be getting back together to record their first album since 1978′s ‘Never Say Die!’

About a month ago, Iommi revealed that he had been diagnosed with lymphoma, and although he’s hopeful for a strong recovery, reports are that at least some of the band’s 2012 tour plans have been cancelled.Ward addresses this matter sensitively and states that he’s willing to travel to the U.K. to record the album, and to go on the tour, provided he gets an agreement more to his liking.

His complete statement, as posted on his official site, is below. We’re perfectly willing to be the first to contribute to a Kickstarter account to bridge the money gap, if it means we get Sabbath back!

“Dear Sabbath Fans, Fellow Musicians and Interested Parties,
At this time, I would love nothing more than to be able to proceed with the Black Sabbath album and tour. However, I am unable to continue unless a “signable” contract is drawn up; a contract that reflects some dignity and respect toward me as an original member of the band.

Last year, I worked diligently in good faith with Tony, Ozzy and Geezer. And on 11/11/11, again in good faith, I participated in the L.A. press conference. Several days ago, after nearly a year of trying to negotiate, another “unsignable” contract was handed to me.

Let me say that although this has put me in some kind of holding pattern, I am packed and ready to leave the U.S. for England. More importantly, I definitely want to play on the album, and I definitely want to tour with Black Sabbath.

Since the news of Tony’s illness, and the understanding that the band would move production to the U.K., I’ve spent everyday getting to or living in a place of readiness to leave. That involves something of a task, and as I’ve tried to find out what’s going on with the U.K. sessions, I’ve realized that I’ve been getting “the cold shoulder” (and, I might add, not for the first time). Feeling somewhat ostracized, my guess is as of today, I will know nothing of what’s happening unless I sign “the unsignable contract.”

The place I’m in feels lousy and lonely because as much as I want to play and participate, I also have to stand for something and not sign on. If I sign as-is, I stand to lose my rights, dignity and respectability as a rock musician. I believe in freedom and freedom of speech. I grew up in a hard rock/metal band. We stood for something then, and we played from the heart with honesty and sincerity. I am in the spirit of integrity, far from the corporate malady, I am real and honest, fair and compassionate.

If I’m replaced, I have to face you, the beloved Sabbath fans. I hope you will not hold me responsible for the failure of an original Black Sabbath lineup as promoted. Without fault finding, I want to assure everyone that my loyalty to Sabbath is intact.
So here I am. I lay my truth down before you. I’m good to go IF I get a “signable” contract. I don’t want to let anyone down, especially Black Sabbath and all the Sabbath fans. You know I love you. It would be a sad day in Rock if this current situation fell to the desires of a few.

My position is not greed-driven. I’m not holding out for a “big piece” of the action (money) like some kind of blackmail deal. I’d like something that recognizes and is reflective of my contributions to the band, including the reunions that started fourteen years ago. After the last tour I vowed to never again sign on to an unreasonable contract. I want a contract that shows some respect to me and my family, a contract that will honor all that I’ve brought to Black Sabbath since its beginning.

That’s the story so far.
Stay safe and stay strong.
I love every single one of you.
–Bill Ward

Sharon!!! leave some money for Ward for godsake...

FORD
02-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Geezus Bill......

I'm sure he probably has a valid point about getting ripped off, but he's got to realize that if (God or Satan forbid) that Tony drops dead before this record is finished, the fans are going to demand his fucking head on a pike.

Mr Walker
02-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Mike Bordin just got a boner

vandeleur
02-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Give van their download slot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kissfan1976
02-03-2012, 04:21 PM
via RollingStone.com

Black Sabbath have responded to drummer Bill Ward's open letter pledging to leave the band unless he is presented with a "signable contract." In a statement on Facebook, Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler indicated they they will carry on with their new album and reunion tour without him. "We were saddened to hear yesterday via Facebook that Bill declined publicly to participate in our current Black Sabbath plans," they wrote. "We have no choice but to continue recording without him although our door is always open...We are still in the UK with Tony. Writing and recording the new album and on a roll...See you at Download!!!"

Mr Walker
02-03-2012, 04:31 PM
via RollingStone.com

Black Sabbath have responded to drummer Bill Ward's open letter pledging to leave the band unless he is presented with a "signable contract." In a statement on Facebook, Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler indicated they they will carry on with their new album and reunion tour without him. "We were saddened to hear yesterday via Facebook that Bill declined publicly to participate in our current Black Sabbath plans," they wrote. "We have no choice but to continue recording without him although our door is always open...We are still in the UK with Tony. Writing and recording the new album and on a roll...See you at Download!!!"

Damn...

In other news... Good to see you Johnny!

Mr Walker
02-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Fuck... I'm really looking forward to Kill Devil Hill.
They better not pinch Vinnie from them.

lesfunk
02-03-2012, 05:42 PM
That sucks

binnie
02-03-2012, 07:15 PM
He should form a band with KK Downing.......

'The Whinny Bitches'.

Panamark
02-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Sharon has always had issues with Bill Ward's take.
I feel sorry for him, sounds like he is the Mike Anthony
of Sabbath.

When he realizes they will press on without him,
the "unsignable" will be signed.

relliot
02-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Sharon has always had issues with Bill Ward's take.
I feel sorry for him, sounds like he is the Mike Anthony
of Sabbath.

When he realizes they will press on without him,
the "unsignable" will be signed.

Don't feel sorry for him, be proud of his conviction! Bill Ward is a fucking legend and he has been disrespected.

Panamark
02-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Don't feel sorry for him, be proud of his conviction! Bill Ward is a fucking legend and he has been disrespected.

No arguements from me, I want him there.
us fans dont decide the managers these guys choose.

If it was me, Bill deserves everything he can get, I would not
buy a "reunion" album if he wasnt there.

Seems like he needs someone better to negotiate his terms....

twonabomber
02-07-2012, 06:35 PM
http://metaltalk.net/news2012/2012585.php

Breaking news:

MetalTalk.net have just been informed by a reliable source that Sharon Osbourne has fired Bill Ward. If this turns out to be true, as fully expected, then it won't go down well with the Metal community.

MetalTalk.net understands that Bill's replacement will be Tommy Clufetos from the Ozzy Osbourne band.

We'll find out more as soon as possible.

Stay posted for more information as we have it...

Unchainme
02-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Sharon's a fucking cunt.

gbranton
02-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Breaking news:

MetalTalk.net have just been informed by a reliable source that Sharon Osbourne has fired Bill Ward. If this turns out to be true, as fully expected, then it won't go down well with the Metal community.

MetalTalk.net understands that Bill's replacement will be Tommy Clufetos from the Ozzy Osbourne band.

Fuck Sharon Osbourne. I've been looking forward to this for months and this cunt is fucking it up because she doesn't want to pay the man what he deserves. This no-talent whore has ridden Ozzy like a fucking mule all these years. She acts like she owns his ass and by proxy, Black Sabbath as well. If it goes down like this I'm OUT.

SNIPER
02-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Pay the fucking guy as an equal! Holy fuck she is a stupid greedy bitch.

Seshmeister
02-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Twisted old boot.

SNIPER
02-07-2012, 06:54 PM
She is bloody nuts!!

neuralfraud
02-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Who do these guys think they are, Van Halen?

Hardrock69
02-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Saw the original lineup in 1978. Saw them on Both Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules tours. Glad I got to see the original lineup several more times from 1999 to 2004, and loved the Heaven & Hell reunion with Ronnie (R.I.P.).

But after 2005, and Sharon (the CUNT) Osborne's insulting behavior towards Iron Maiden AND THEIR FANS, I swore I would never give Ozzy another cent.

I was willing to give them a chance in order to hear another album with the original 4, and of course, would have loved to see them again live.

But now Sharon has "fired" Bill Ward from Black Sabbath (how can she do that? She is not a member of Black Sabbath), I have had enough.

Ozzy is obviously a fucking pussy loser cocksucker who does not have the balls to tell his wife to go fuck herself. And Geezer and Tony are unwilling or unable to tell Sharon to go die in a fucking fire. I will not tolerate this.

Hooray for Black Sabbath. I will NOT buy their album....I will NOT attend any live performances....unless Bill Ward is involved.

I have had enough of Cunt Osborne and her fucking idiocy. I have no respect for her...she is a worthless sack of shit. I won't apologize for my opinion of her. She can die in a fire and go to hell.
:mad:

Spinal Tap in real life. I want Black Sabbath to open for the Puppet Show on this tour.

Unchainme
02-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Saw the original lineup in 1978.

wow...holy shit.

That must have been the tour when Van Halen blew their asses off stage.

Hardrock69
02-07-2012, 08:32 PM
It sucks that this is happening while Tony is fighting for his life right now. :(

Hardrock69
02-07-2012, 09:35 PM
wow...holy shit.

That must have been the tour when Van Halen blew their asses off stage.

I have repeated that story-tale for years. 9/29/78 Seattle. YES, they did kick some ass that night.

The single best concert photo I ever took:

chefcraig
02-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Spinal Tap in real life. I want Black Sabbath to open for the Puppet Show on this tour.

"Oh, no...I told them a hundred times: put Spinal Tap first and puppet show last!"

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm243/JCBurke59/misc%20guitar/spinal_tap300x111.jpg

Hardrock69
02-07-2012, 09:39 PM
:lol:

So much I laff about in that film.....but the main thing that cracks me up is the name of Paul Schaffer's character, Artie Fufkin from "Polymer Records". :D

Unchainme
02-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Who do you guys think chickenshit going to be opening for now?

chefcraig
02-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Who do you guys think chickenshit going to be opening for now?

David Hasselhoff and Adam West dressed as Batman at various car shows, state fairs and livestock events.

ELVIS
02-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Tommy Clueless ??

Tommy Twolefttoes ??

That guy fucking sucks !!!

But that's not the point...

I don't care if it's Vinny, Tommy, Alex, Bonzo or Moon !!!

BILL WARD IS THE FUCKING BLACK SABBATH DRUMMER !!!!

Fuck Sharon!!!

:mad2:

ELVIS
02-07-2012, 11:50 PM
It sucks that this is happening while Tony is fighting for his life right now. :(

They should just call the whole fucking thing off...

FORD
02-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Tommy Clueless ??

Tommy Twolefttoes ??

That guy fucking sucks !!!

But that's not the point...

I don't care if it's Vinny, Tommy, Alex, Bonzo or Moon !!!

BILL WARD IS THE FUCKING BLACK SABBATH DRUMMER !!!!

Fuck Sharon!!!

Well... Bonzo or Moon would be pretty cool. At least then, you would know for a fact that Sabbath was really on Satan's team, if they managed to actually bring a drummer up from Hell for the tour. :drum:

gbranton
02-08-2012, 12:13 AM
They should just call the whole fucking thing off...

If they go on the road with Tommy Clitface on drums then it IS called off at my house.

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Bonzo maybe...

But this sucks dude...

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 12:14 AM
If they go on the road with Tommy Clitface on drums then it IS called off at my house.

Mine as well...

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Ozzy has been so high and probably would sign anything in his deluded states of reality, and sharon may have had him legally declared insane, or as a plea bagain for that attempted murder rap by him on her, she probably has "owned" Ozzy for a long long time. Literally figuratively and legaly.

Since the early 80's I have thought this; that Ozzy is a machine and Sharon is a kind of majician with his zombie like brain...I mean he sings and does things, but I believe he does very little more than a puppet with a great name and following. I doubt he even know or cares what she does.

Like Colonel Parker and Elvis.

So, I have never had any issue with any of the shit raised by people about what Sharon is doing to his legacy at any given time.

But how does she also "own" Black Sabbath the band this must be bullshit..that Sharon fired Ward.

We will release some doves at the meeting ozzy...
ok sharon what are doves ...
they are birds ozzy
ok sharon
sharon tells ozzy to release the dove
ozzy looks at the bird and forgets what to do because he wasn't told at that instance what to do with the dove
what is this thing it looks like something I should bite the head off

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Stop making shit up as you go through life and actually look stuff up...

Dreaming it up doesn't make it so...

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 12:30 AM
I believe it is possible that he is a brain dead automaton that has a off and on switch.

Just like in crazy land.

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 12:31 AM
And all that shit about not being a satanist that it was a gimmick to sell albums is bullshit also.

fourthcoming
02-08-2012, 12:32 AM
That's pretty lame if it's true, which I doubt it's true because it's too sensationalized. It's too easy to believe but it doesn't make sense. Sharon has absolutely no say over Black Sabbath. I take this news as a good sign....guarantee Bill Ward is back with the band in say....2 weeks. And if all this is true, it's a damn shame cuz Bill Ward was the only member of Sabbath that actually had any allegiance to Ozzy and after making heaven and Hell and halfway through that tour, refused to play in a band called Black Sabbath that wasn't fronted by Ozzy. If they were going to replace Ward which I truly hope they don't, why not Appice? The dude playing with Ozzy now sux balls....ask Rob Zombie....he'll be the first to tell you.

Panamark
02-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Im trying to recall an interview from years ago
with the Ozzy Puppet Master where she was talking
shit about Bill Ward and a Sabbath reunion.

It was to the effect of "If Bill doesnt play nice
we have a lot of shit on him, and will tell the world"

Anyone else know what Im talking about ?

They have been using him as a hired hand for years,
and he is as "Black Sabbath" as Geezer.

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 12:43 AM
I stopped being interested in Ozzy music after Diary.

I have enjoyed what he has produced and heaven and hell and the other incarnations of associated things even enjoyed his live shows seen many of them from '77 on. I especially enjoyed Ozzy with Zakk mainly for the old stuff and getting to see BLS open up. Live only.

No use for any studio stuff since Diary.

Who gives a fuck what I say anyway thank god there are different tastes and different perceptions of what is.

Panamark
02-08-2012, 12:44 AM
That's pretty lame if it's true, which I doubt it's true because it's too sensationalized. It's too easy to believe but it doesn't make sense. Sharon has absolutely no say over Black Sabbath. I take this news as a good sign....guarantee Bill Ward is back with the band in say....2 weeks. And if all this is true, it's a damn shame cuz Bill Ward was the only member of Sabbath that actually had any allegiance to Ozzy and after making heaven and Hell and halfway through that tour, refused to play in a band called Black Sabbath that wasn't fronted by Ozzy. If they were going to replace Ward which I truly hope they don't, why not Appice? The dude playing with Ozzy now sux balls....ask Rob Zombie....he'll be the first to tell you.

Hope your instincts are on the money...

fourthcoming
02-08-2012, 12:47 AM
ozzy was never a satanist......all you have to do is LISTEN to the lyrics to find out Ozzy was pro God and all that.....When the press said Van Halen caused so many dollars worth of damage to an arena in the early 80's cuz the stage fell apart and couldn't handle the weight of the stage set up, Dave was smart enough to not get in the way of a good rumor and ran with it. There is no such thing as bad publicity. Ozzy was never a satanist....even if he married the dark angel Lucifer....I mean Sharon.

Panamark
02-08-2012, 12:50 AM
I stopped being interested in Ozzy music after Diary.

I have enjoyed what he has produced and heaven and hell and the other incarnations of associated things even enjoyed his live shows seen many of them from '77 on. I especially enjoyed Ozzy with Zakk mainly for the old stuff and getting to see BLS open up. Live only.

No use for any studio stuff since Diary.Who gives a fuck what I say anyway thank god there are different tastes and different perceptions of what is.

Would be a boring world if individual perception didnt exist...

fourthcoming
02-08-2012, 12:52 AM
I hope my instincts are on the money too but what the hell do I know.....wishful thinking I guess.

FORD
02-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Ozzy was never a satanist....even if he married the dark angel Lucifer....I mean Sharon.

Now that's a terrible thing to say! It's horribly unfair.

....to Lucifer. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

Panamark
02-08-2012, 12:53 AM
ozzy was never a satanist......all you have to do is LISTEN to the lyrics to find out Ozzy was pro God and all that.....When the press said Van Halen caused so many dollars worth of damage to an arena in the early 80's cuz the stage fell apart and couldn't handle the weight of the stage set up, Dave was smart enough to not get in the way of a good rumor and ran with it. There is no such thing as bad publicity. Ozzy was never a satanist....even if he married the dark angel Lucifer....I mean Sharon.

To this day he believes an evil curse was bestowed
upon him, and surrounds himself with Crucifixes.

He just hasnt figured out its Sharon.

fourthcoming
02-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Haaa.....got me untill I scrolled all the way down.

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Whatever gets you thru the night it's alright, alright.

Sharon has made them all very rich and I am sure time has mellowed all of us, she is one sharp business woman.

fourthcoming
02-08-2012, 12:55 AM
It's a shame cuz he probably would have been dead a long time ago if not for Sharon, but she made a complete mockery out of his career after a certain point. I still think the guy makes good music but it's a friggin circus now.

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 12:58 AM
There are some people who actually go down to the crossroads.

If you don't know what I mean turn that car around next time you see a black cat.

I have'n't seen a thread here about Ozzy Sabbath Dio or any of that... that doesn't eventually turn into a Sharon thread.

It is exactly like Colonel Parker and Elvis ,, 'sept Parker cept his mouth shut and wasnt like Sharon who wants the world to know business/she runs the Ozzy empire not entertainment for people.

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 01:02 AM
You're out there...

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 01:12 AM
I have a few opinion and most of them are decent.

I am sure I am so saint myself.

This fireing of Ward isn't a media attention getting ploy if it is I hope it will backfire.

Teasing the market is one thing normal demographic advertising ..but busting up the band because of personal headbutting is just bad business.

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 01:13 AM
You're out there...

Been gone a long time.

gbranton
02-08-2012, 01:16 AM

This probably belongs in the unpopular musical opinions thread but I far, FAR prefer the Jake E. Lee stuff to the Zakk Wylde stuff any day. Shot In the Dark, Bark At the Moon, Secret Loser, Lightning Strikes, all killer stuff!

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Carrot,

Just because your drugs are prescribed by a doctor doesn't mean they're good for you...

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Carrot,

Just because your drugs are prescribed by a doctor doesn't mean they're good for you...

or the one's ya pick outta the poop pans? i heard they absorbed faster

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 01:23 AM
That makes no sense...

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 01:28 AM
This probably belongs in the unpopular musical opinions thread but I far, FAR prefer the Jake E. Lee stuff to the Zakk Wylde stuff any day. Shot In the Dark, Bark At the Moon, Secret Loser, Lightning Strikes, all killer stuff!

The Disco years !..?

j/k

I moved to other style during those years I was done with Heavy Metal.. got back into Punk . Club music on the other days, I was done.

The whole speed metal thing just looked stupid to me..

I don't want to make excuses, I just feel sometimes.. I wasn't, or, am not alone in that some musical styles just didn't matter to me anymore.

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 01:30 AM
or the one's ya pick outta the poop pans? i heard they absorbed faster

Ha Ha .. ! Crack me up.

Panamark
02-08-2012, 01:31 AM
Clara,

What drugs are you on ?
Thats not an attack, I think sometimes I would like to be
wherever they are taking you :biggrin:

Are you not Blaze ?

Guitar Shark
02-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Are you not Blaze ?

thome... ;)

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 01:32 AM
That makes no sense...

I only take those in halves.

gbranton
02-08-2012, 01:35 AM
I moved to other style during those years I was done with Heavy Metal.. got back into Punk . Club music on the other days, I was done.

The whole speed metal thing just looked stupid to me..

I don't want to make excuses, I just feel sometimes.. I wasn't, or, am not alone in that some musical styles just didn't matter to me anymore.

It's got to move YOU or it doesn't mean shit, regardless of how important someone else think it is.

No speed metal or punk for me, I LIVED for the music of that era.

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Most true word there Mr. Mobile, Alabama.. I saw some cool bands in Muscle Shoals.

And you can come back to it, ( in refference to) if it doesn't move you.

I really still like it all -The Best- stand up front and really make me listen, in any style of play ..Music is one of the great things .

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 01:47 AM
thome... ;)

Where is my doppleganger...?

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Clara,

What drugs are you on ?
Thats not an attack, I think sometimes I would like to be
wherever they are taking you :biggrin:

Are you not Blaze ?

I am more on a journey to relate to people like I haven't before.

Talk about music, personalities and discuss thing with others.

I have read a few of your post and thought, oh yeah he is, there...so we are cool.:yo:
:)

Panamark
02-08-2012, 02:57 AM
God Bless you Clara, and whatever impressions your travelling feet
impose on the surfaces you traverse ! :)

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 03:05 AM
and.. Peace to you and yours, my brother.

Please take my posts with a grain of salt, as they say.

Mr Walker
02-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Am I in the right thread? Hahaha...

Anyway, rumor has it that Tommy Clufetos will replace Ward in Sabbath.

Yuck!

binnie
02-08-2012, 08:15 AM

I think you'll find plenty of people here who agree.

The problem with Zakk Wylde is that he's recorded too much - he's made himself into a self parody.

I can see why people like 'No More Tears', but it feels a little contrived to me ('let's write some hits'). I'd say that 'No Rest For The Wicked' was a damn fine record for it's time, but being of it's time it hasn't aged well. Shitty production aside, 'Bark...' and 'Ultimate...' are more interesting and a little stronger.

Personally, I think that 'Scream' was a great record. Easily his best since 'Diary...'

Mr Walker
02-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Saw this posted in a Sabbath Forum...

Posted by Aron Ward (Bill Ward's son) before it was deleted :

"There’s one thing about Black Sabbath which should not be understated: If Black Sabbath is missing any one of its members it’s no longer Black Sabbath." - Henry Rollins. I'm with Henry the press is spinning this shit storm to read as if my dad has quit. This is not true. The guys know that. That's why they said the door is ALWAYS open.

My dad hasn't "declined" playing with black sabbath or "threatened" to pull out of this reunion. As he stated his bags are packed and he's ready to go. He say's it loud and clear, he definitely wants to play on the album and he definitely wants to tour.

I know he's been committed to this project from the beginning all the way to the point everyone else flew off to the uk.

When i saw him over the summer he had this little cd case with him that had all the rehearsals and song ideas. Each cd was sharpie scrawled with rough titles and ideas they had been working on.

About a month ago my dad called me to let me know that Tony had been diagnosed with cancer. He said they were all flying over in the next couple of weeks to continue recording the album in the uk and begin rehearsals for the summer tours. He'd been rehearsing more than i've ever known him to. up till about 3 weeks ago he was working extremely hard and close with the other 3 on this album/reunion tour. He was in very good spirits and sounded excited to be writing with Tony, Geezer and Ozzy again.

I know if they sort this shit out you guys won't be disappointed.

Ive always stayed out of my dad's business and would like nothing more than for everything to be worked out swiftly between the guys.

Unfortunately it's become personal with all these idiots slagging off my dad so this is for the fucking morons saying

"Get over it Bill" : My dad has "gotten over it" again and again. He's risen above this bullshit thing called showbiz for the last 30 years. He's respected because he's real and honest not just because he's a complete bad ass on the drums. He's been there for other musicians. In all kinds of circles - punk rock, hardcore, metal whatever. He was one of the first to get his head screwed back on after the 70's and get cleaned up. he's given so much support to so many people trying to pull themselves out of the hell called addiction. He tries so hard to stay in touch with the fans. He'll talk your ear off if you get a chance. He is humbled by your support and loves you.

"Can't believe he needs to make this public" or "it's not the first time" : You're an idiot and have no idea what the hell's really going on. Just shut the fuck up and keep the speculation and lies to yourself. what my dad posted was from his heart, on the level and as usual completely honest. He wants you to know what's really going on. That he has been given a contract that he can't sign. Nothing more to it. No hidden agenda. disappointingly someone else is trying to shroud everything in some kind of X Factor "yeah it's full steam ahead - We have no choice" bullshit. Of course they have a choice.

"Don't be so greedy" : He is by no means greedy man. If he was he would of settled with whatever contract given him. It's kind of obvious someone else is greedy. Wake up. He lives in a modest home in southern california. pays rent like the rest of uz. In case your still blind look at it this way - Sadly the current "Sabbath" statement reads as if someone would rather see the remaining members play in front of thousands of disappointed, confused and resentful fans then give my dad a dignified agreement. additionally the record sales will be severely affected because it isn't the promised original line up. All this because of someone's inability to respect him as the committed founding member he is. this has derailed the fan's hopes of seeing the original line up and strongly divided the fans. What a way to fuck up such a powerful, influential and inspirational legacy for the rest of time.

"Who cares, it's just a bunch pensioners" : I'm just as cynical about old rock legends getting back on the road "one more time" as anyone but this is BLACK SABBATH. they've never been a conventional band. Thing is i know these guys have been rehearsing loads. over the last couple months. When i've caught up with my dad he's been talking about how heavy the jams have been and how hard he's been playing. do you think people were looking at Miles Davis, Ornette Coleman or Max Roach going "man these guys are boring and old" No! It's the music that's important, played by the masters themselves. Thats what we want. They're here to teach us, inspire us and make us flip out. I saw the (Captain Beefhearts) Magic Band recently on tour and they were clearly the definite article. legends. Completely schooled any new hip shiny processed hyped out mush you've been exposed to in the last couple years. There's no doubt that there are loads of new heavy as fuck bands out there but to me Black Sabbath are still totally relevant. It's pointless to bitch about their age. They will kick serious fucking ass. Trust.

To Terry (my godfather) , Ozzy (my friend when i was little) and Tony (towering hero) i hope that you will listen to your fans. They want all of you together. As YOU are black sabbath so is my Dad. I hope you guys can work it out.

Aron Ward

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Personally, I think that 'Scream' was a great record. Easily his best since 'Diary...'

Exactly!

:elvis:

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks Mr Walker...

kissfan1976
02-08-2012, 12:08 PM
via Ultimate Classic Rock.Com

Black Sabbath sounds determined to keep recording its next album without drummer Bill Ward — in fact, they may have already lined up his replacement. But disappointed fans who had been looking forward to a full reunion of the band’s original lineup aren’t taking the news lying down.
As of this writing, more than 8,000 people have joined the Facebook group ‘1,000,000 Black Sabbath Fans Say Yes To Bill Ward,’ lending public support to the drummer following his ouster over complaints regarding his reunion contract. As one Facebook post put it, “Bill Ward is not able to be substituted for… It is like a Zep record without (John) Bonham.”

Of course, Ward has left the band on multiple occasions in the past — and Sabbath has a long tradition of replacing almost all of its members at various points, including Ozzy Osbourne. But now that they’ve effectively been denied the reunion they were promised, a number of fans are understandably frustrated.

That hasn’t stopped the remaining Sabbath members from moving on without Ward; in fact, they’ve reportedly found his replacement in Osbourne’s drummer, Tommy Clufetos. This is just a rumor for now — and as the band put it in their announcement following Ward’s ouster, “our door is always open” — but it doesn’t look like either side is willing to back down in this argument.

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Guess I'll be keeping my money...

chefcraig
02-08-2012, 01:16 PM
As of this moment (2/8/12, 1:16PM), 12,585 people "LIKE" 1,000,000 Black Sabbath Fans Say Yes To Bill Ward on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/1000000-Black-Sabbath-fans-say-yes-to-Bill-Ward/387229524625706).

Mr Walker
02-08-2012, 02:15 PM
As of this moment (2/8/12, 1:16PM), 12,585 people "LIKE" 1,000,000 Black Sabbath Fans Say Yes To Bill Ward on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/1000000-Black-Sabbath-fans-say-yes-to-Bill-Ward/387229524625706).

Now about an hour later it's up to 14,337... growing, but do you think they'll hit their mark?

Matt White
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
HA!!!

Check out the link to VH1...they have a poll... http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2012-02-08/do-you-think-black-sabbath-can-reform-without-bill-ward-fans-say-no-way-on-facebook/

Thank you for voting!

Absolutely not! The band wont be the same without the original lineup. 96.68%

Mr Walker
02-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I saw the original Sabbath line up with Ward at the Ozzfest 1999... maybe past their prime, but I lost my breath when they started War Pigs and I saw the four of them onstage together.

gbranton
02-08-2012, 02:39 PM
I just saved hundreds while keeping the same car insurance.

Matt White
02-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Same here.....

The tour with PANTERA & the DEFTONES.....

BLACK SABBATH KICKED ASS.............

Nobody plays the drums like Bill....they never get the groove right........

It's no fucking "reunion" without him...ansd shouldn't get to be called "BLACK SABBATH" without him....just like heaven and hell

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 03:10 PM
The should just call it Ozzy Osbourne Featuring Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler

twonabomber
02-08-2012, 03:14 PM
The should just call it Ozzy Osbourne Featuring Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler

don't give Sharon any ideas...

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Like she hasn't thought of that already...

lesfunk
02-08-2012, 03:55 PM
I am confident that it will work out. They aren't dumb enough to let this reunion get away; especially considering Iommis Cancer.

Insert Sharon's evil theory here.... Sounds like sharon is trying to get Bill to sign away his rights to Sabbath so when Tony passes (which is what I'm sure she's hoping for) she and Ozzy will own it all. Geezer's a mellow hippie. She figures she can buy him out cheap.

kissfan1976
02-08-2012, 04:03 PM
I saw the original Sabbath line up with Ward at the Ozzfest 1999... maybe past their prime, but I lost my breath when they started War Pigs and I saw the four of them onstage together.

I felt the same way!

clarathecarrot
02-08-2012, 05:14 PM
I am confident that it will work out. They aren't dumb enough to let this reunion get away; especially considering Iommis Cancer.

Insert Sharon's evil theory here.... Sounds like sharon is trying to get Bill to sign away his rights to Sabbath so when Tony passes (which is what I'm sure she's hoping for) she and Ozzy will own it all. Geezer's a mellow hippie. She figures she can buy him out cheap.

That would also steal the legacy of all thier work over these years from thier children, as in inheriting the residuals and such off the Sabbath name.

I bet Sharon would love that, she probably sits around more ozzy'ish that ozzy.. all hunched over in some demon carved lord of the castle chair wringing her hands like Mr. Burns from The Simpsons.

I realize I went a long way around to get that said but ..my keyboard has missed me today...that's write little keyboard.

Ozzy On Muthas!

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Drugs are bad m'kay...

Golden AWe
02-08-2012, 06:06 PM
The Yoko Ono of Black Sabbath is back

Mr Walker
02-08-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm reading that Geezer's wife is just as cunty as Sharon.

Chong Li
02-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Fuckity, fuck fuck. I have never seen Black Sabbath in any incarnation was really looking forward to this. Sharon, you fucking bitch!

Damn her to hell!! Dio is laughing from Heaven right now.

Chong Li
02-08-2012, 09:26 PM
They should bring Bobby Rondinelli back! He was good on Cross Purposes with Geezer and Tony...

Hardrock69
02-08-2012, 09:31 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/jjv7zd.jpg

lesfunk
02-08-2012, 09:31 PM
They should bring Bobby Rondinelli back! He was good on Cross Purposes with Geezer and Tony...

They should bring Bill Ward back for fucks sake!

chefcraig
02-08-2012, 09:36 PM

Rondinelli single-handedly improves every band he plays for. Aside from the late Cozy Powell, he was the best drummer Rainbow ever had, and his all-too-brief tenure with Blue Oyster Cult (along with the amazing Danny Miranda on bass) completely revitalized the group.

Even so, there is no substitute for Bill Ward, PERIOD!

Chong Li
02-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Thats what I am talking about ChefCraig. If Sharon is going to fuck this thing up, at least bring back a guy that was in Sabbath and was good. Instead, they are going to bring in a hired hand like Robert Cuntface from Ozzys band. WTF?!?!?

I prefer Bill Ward, but with Cozy dead, Bobby is next in line!

Mr Walker
02-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Sharon's recent facebook status...

"Sharon Osbourne
I am not in any position to hire or fire anyone in Black Sabbath. I don't manage the band, I manage my husband."

Panamark
02-09-2012, 06:21 AM
Management via Politics Sharon. We are onto you.

sadaist
02-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Sharon's recent facebook status...

"Sharon Osbourne
I am not in any position to hire or fire anyone in Black Sabbath. I don't manage the band, I manage my husband."

And somehow the fans manage to put up with it.

*see what I did there? Funny right? It's 4 am & been scouring every webpage possible for clips of this nights VH show. Eyes are burning. Seemed funny to me. Huh? I'm losing my....hang on....mind. What? I don't know. Van Halen! I try...sometimes too hard. But it made me giggle. Channeling my inner Thome. HA! Ramble on...........but tie up your Camel.

sonrisa salvaje
02-09-2012, 10:02 AM
"Sharon Osbourne

Yes Sharon. You also "manage" to turn everything you touch to stone like some kind of medusa bitch.

ELVIS
02-09-2012, 10:28 AM
At least the message is reaching them...

Even Hitlary is pissed...

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/cc4SZUvmccK575WMSqSpcw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD02MTI7cT04NTt3PTM5NA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/b40b073da20f5603060f6a706700a971.jpg

"Sharon!"

Panamark
02-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Is that really Mrs Cliton ? (yes spelling mistake intended)

Looks 20 years older than on TV...

Panamark
02-10-2012, 05:09 AM
If Sharon has fucked this up (which I suspect despite her denial)
The Crazy Train has finally reached the end of the line for this old fan...

She is the daughter of the original Sabbath manager isnt she ?
She met Ozzy through that channel. Of course she can manipulate
the situation just by fisting Ozzy, turning his head to the side
and mumbling "No"

philouze
02-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Sharon, Sharon, Sharon... Ah, when are you gonna stop fuckin with people ?? You're a lying bitch, you're 100% fake, you're no friend o' mine. You cunt..

FORD
02-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Is that really Mrs Cliton ? (yes spelling mistake intended)

Looks 20 years older than on TV...

Hillary has visibly aged a lot since 2008. But that's not surprising, being Secretary of State during the time when all this shit has been going on in the Middle East/Central Asia. That's not a photoshop. Probably also has a lot to do with why she's already on record as saying she has no intention of sticking around for a second term, should there be one.

Panamark
02-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Hillary has visibly aged a lot since 2008. But that's not surprising, being Secretary of State during the time when all this shit has been going on in the Middle East/Central Asia. That's not a photoshop. Probably also has a lot to do with why she's already on record as saying she has no intention of sticking around for a second term, should there be one.

Thats obviously not a very flaterring pic either, she looked younger watching your
special forces kill Bin Laden "Live in front of her steaming naked eyes"

Watching them all, watching that is one of the most surreal things I think
I have seen. Rare insight into what really goes down.

Satan
02-12-2012, 04:43 AM
Sabbath really needs to get their shit together. This is more than likely going to be their last record, even if Tony Iommi beats cancer. So get the fuck in there, and just do it right.

Need an example of HOW to do that? Call those guys who opened for you in 1978.

They have become an embarrassment to all that is unholy, mostly thanks to that fucking hag Sharon. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

ELVIS
02-17-2012, 03:20 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dNI2Ge0slbxP/x610.jpg

"I prefer Bill Ward."

Panamark
02-17-2012, 03:28 AM
Crikeys, she really has aged a lot.

Is she stepping in for Bill (Ward)
as opposed to stepping in for Bill (clinton) ??

Lets get CRAZY !!!! LET ME SEE THOSE HANDS !!!

ELVIS
02-17-2012, 03:57 AM
She's already locked in to a gig beating WAR DRUMS !!!

Fucking war mongering BITCH!!!

Dan
02-17-2012, 04:43 AM
Binnie Would Hit It.:D

binnie
02-17-2012, 05:45 AM
Damn right.

Seshmeister
02-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Crikeys, she really has aged a lot.

Remember that the first time we saw her we were probably in our early 20s though.

This is why you should never go to class reunions, full of old people...

Panamark
02-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Remember that the first time we saw her we were probably in our early 20s though.

This is why you should never go to class reunions, full of old people...

I missed my class reunion due to the fact I moved away from them all as far as I could,
but a good friend of mine did a lineup and video taped them all.
That was really fucked up. Everyone looked 50 and it was only a 10 year reunion.
Dudes were already bald, chicks looked ancient, these were kids I used to kick the football with.
Glad I wasnt there, the video was like a bad mushroom trip !

gbranton
02-17-2012, 06:10 PM
It's OVER. There is no Sabbath reunion. Headline should say "Sabbath Reunion Plans Scrapped, Replaced By Empty Cash Grab".

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/black-sabbath-reunion-plans-reworked-20120217

"Due to guitarist Tony Iommi's ongoing treatment for lymphoma, the remaining European shows will be billed as "Ozzy & Friends," featuring Sabbath's Geezer Butler and longtime Ozzy collaborator Zakk Wylde, as well as select special guests, including Slash."

ELVIS
02-18-2012, 01:23 AM
A Message From Bill

Feb.17, 2012

Dear Sabbath Fans,

I wanted to let you know where things are at, from my point of view, as of today, February 17, 2012.

As my statement of February 2, 2012 indicated, I have not declined to participate in the Sabbath album and tour. At the earliest opportunity, I am prepared to go to the U.K. and record, and later tour with the band.

Last week, we sent further communication to the attorney handling the negotiations to try to reach an agreement. At this time we are waiting to hear back. I remain hopeful for a “signable” contract and a positive outcome.

I want to thank everyone who has voiced and posted their opinions, thoughts, support and love through all media, including the newly constructed sites. I applaud your worldwide reaction in support of the original band. And speaking for myself, your intent and truth will always be respected.

While believing in your freedom for expression, keep in mind that Tony, Ozzy and Geezer are still my lifetime friends, and I cannot support comments with an objectifying or derogatory theme toward them or their various representatives.

Many thanks to all of you. You are truly phenomenal.

Stay safe, stay strong.

–Bill Ward

ELVIS
02-18-2012, 01:24 AM
http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/story/black-sabbath-reunion-plans-reworked-20120217/1000x600/main.jpg

SNIPER
02-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Ah man, not looking good for Tony is how I am taking it. Health needs to come first. Get well soon Tony!

Panamark
02-18-2012, 02:13 AM
Why the fuck does Ozzy still continue this tour ?

Yes Sharon, we know you are not Black Sabbath's manager, but you are Ozzy's.

Do they have no shame ?

Fuck this. Tony to get better, Bill Ward to get his fair share, then sit at
a press conference.....

DavidLeeNatra
02-18-2012, 07:02 AM
no offense...but sharon is still a cunt, isn't she?

Panamark
02-18-2012, 07:18 AM
no offense...but sharon is still a cunt, isn't she?

You choose when you can put your "Im a cunt" sign high in the air.
(She's out there waving madly)
Interesting that Zakk Wylde is back in the band....
Shitty that they are taking the dates Sabbath had....

Poor Ozzy relies on her for the part of his brain he nuked.
Anyone see the interview when they talk about Randy Rhoads
and how he fucked Sharon in the tour bus ?
Ozzy seems unfazed (not sure how I figured that out, its hard I know)
But come on ??

Her Vag must be like Epcott, fireworks and laser displays everynight.
Otherwise, I really dont get it...

Terry
02-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Well, bit of a shame Ward feels he can't participate.

However, presuming he was lowballed (or feels he was lowballed) on his proposed share of the proceeds, resigning himself to go ahead regardless apparently wasn't in his personal constitution. If Ward was gonna end up making little more than sideman/hired gun wages, well, why the hell SHOULD he accept that?

I'm sure Ozzy, Tony and Geezer can still go forward without him and have a successful reunion on commercial terms. However, without Ward it just isn't the original Black Sabbath lineup, and for me is now something that is of significantly less interest.

Not a big shock, though. When they held the press conference, my first thought was that it'd be 50/50 at best if Ward actually made it to the tour. Now, apparently he ain't even gonna play on the album.

This Black Sabbath reunion has seemed jinxed from the get-go.

ToraToraTora
02-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Black Sabbath cancel all dates bar 1.

From Ultimateclassicrock.com

Here is the full statement from Sabbath’s publicist explaining the news:

Black Sabbath — who late last year confirmed the recording of their first new album in more than 33 years and a worldwide headlining tour- — have had to put some plans on hold due to Tony Iommi’s battle with lymphoma. At this time, Black Sabbath will perform only one show of this summer’s previously scheduled European tour. It will take place Sunday, June 10 at the U.K.’s Download Festival.

So as not to let the promoters and fans down, Ozzy Osbourne will now perform the majority of the previously scheduled Black Sabbath dates (both festival performances and the headlining shows) billed as Ozzy & Friends. These “first ever” Ozzy & Friends shows will feature appearances by “special guest” musicians including Geezer Butler (who will join Ozzy for a special Black Sabbath set as a show of respect and support to their friend, Tony Iommi) and longtime former Ozzy band member Zakk Wylde. In addition, Ozzy will be accompanied by longtime collaborator and friend Slash at select shows, with other “special guests” set to join the tour at various stops along the way (full list of dates, appearances below).

Tony Iommi continues to make excellent progress and is looking forward to getting back out on the road. Meanwhile, Black Sabbath continue to write and record music in the U.K. for their upcoming album. More information about these dates and Black Sabbath’s recording and touring plans is forthcoming.

2012 Tour Dates:
Black Sabbath

6/10 – Donnington, UK – Download Festival
Ozzy & Friends

5/23 – Helsinki, Finland – Hartwall Arena
5/25 – Stockholm, Sweden – Stadium
5/27 – Jelling, Denmark – Jelling Festival
5/29 – Bergen, Norway – Bergen Calling Festival
5/31 – Oslo, Norway – Spektrum
6/2 – Malmo, Sweden – Malmo Stadium
6/4 – Dortmund, Germany – Westfalenhalle
6/6 – Prague, Czech Rep – O2 Arena
6/15 – Vitoria, Spain – Azkena Rock Festival
6/17 – Clisson, France – Hellfest
6/22 – Dessel, Belgium – Graspop Metal Meeting
6/24 – Milan, Italy – Gods of Metal Festival
6/26 – Vienna, Austria – Stadthalle
6/28 – Belgrade, Serbia – USCE Park
7/1 – Athens, Greece – Rockwave Festival – Terra

ELVIS
02-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Blah Sabbath

Terry
02-19-2012, 09:10 PM
"Ozzy and Friends"...with a "special guest appearance by Geezer Butler"

Wow.

Pretty far cry from what was promised (a full-on classic Sab reunion), but with Tony ill and Bill out...

Whatever. Bit of a shambles, and nothing all that special.

hambon4lif
02-19-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm sure there are things that sound just as fucking gay as "Ozzy & Friends", but right now I can't think of any.....

Hardrock69
02-20-2012, 12:58 AM
I am ignoring them. Bad enough Tony's health issues are what they are, but the situation with Bill Ward has just pissed me off. Fuck 'em.

crowhue
02-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Everyone is reforming over here in the U of K. There's s***loads of money to be had apparently.

twonabomber
02-20-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm sure there are things that sound just as fucking gay as "Ozzy & Friends", but right now I can't think of any.....

at least it's not "Half Sabbath."

hambon4lif
02-20-2012, 03:15 PM
This just pisses me off! This was the only other show I was looking forward to seeing, and now it's a bust.
And I will not go see something called "Ozzy & Friends"....WTF is that anyway?? It sounds like the name of a kids TV show.
Sharon's behind all of this, I just know it. She knew people were getting ready to throw down some money for the Sab reunion, and this is just another of her attempts to make her old man look like a fuckin' joke. And for a bigger cut of that money, she's fucking with Bill Ward. For the sake of a blessed buck, she's really managed to fuck this thing up.

"Get well, Tony" is all I have to say, but I'll be letting this one pass by.

BigBadBrian
02-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Get Well, Tony!!!

Mr Walker
02-29-2012, 08:18 AM
I'll try to find the article... but i remember reading over the weekend that Rick Rubin said that "Sabbath" will play one show in the states in August.

ELVIS
02-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Sharon said that as well...

Mr Walker
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
No surprise to anyone... but Sharon fucked up the reunion...

From Bill Ward's Facebook...
"Hello my fans. I am humbled by the outpouring of support you've shown me. On this third round of negotiations my lawyers have sent to Ozzy's attorneys, here is how the reunion stands. Keep in mind I have nothing but respect for my former bandmates, so I wish to not speak in derogatory terms of them.
However, the contract is still unsignable and I am breaking my silence to divulge the reasons why. It's unsignable because Sharon Osbourne only wanted to give Geezer and I five percent each, along with 10 percent for Tony. Mind you, I am not on the dole and I don't need a few quid that badly. I have my honor and as an original member of Black Sabbath I deserve to be shown respect.
Might I add that Sharon also included some mighty rich stipulations to that contract as well. She never forgave me for leaving Ozzfest in 1997 and departing the next year due to health reasons. Bloody nonsense! She made sure that on any of the tour riders I would not get a vegan platter, plus she wanted me to walk Ozzy's twelve dogs before each show.
To top it off, Sharon wanted us to do a version of "Changes" on the setlist that featured Kelly Osbourne dueting with Ozzy. I'm sorry mate, but that's where I draw the line. It was also in the contract that I would have to feature all these new commercial bands that Sharon manages on my monthly radio show on WPMD. What a load of horse bollocks. I can't handle that woman since she threw eggs at our mates in Iron Maiden years back, which upset me enough to leave that tour.
The most unacceptable thing, in my opinion, was how Sharon's management team insisted that the new album we would put out should contain commercial sounding metal that would make it easier for us to get airplay. The boys and I were thinking of calling the new album "Doomination," but she thought the title was too limiting. So, at this point, the contract is still unsignable. Mind you, I am ready at any moment to board a plane from California to Birmingham if a proper contract with no degrading stipulations exists, one in which I'd also get a proper twenty-five percent."

Jagermeister
04-04-2012, 09:13 AM

"Hello my fans. I am humbled by the outpouring of support you've shown me. On this third round of negotiations my lawyers have sent to Ozzy's attorneys, here is how the reunion stands. Keep in mind I have nothing but respect for my former bandmates, so I wish to not speak in derogatory terms of them.
However, the contract is still unsignable and I am breaking my silence to divulge the reasons why. It's unsignable because Sharon Osbourne only wanted to give Geezer and I five percent each, along with 10 percent for Tony. Mind you, I am not on the dole and I don't need a few quid that badly. I have my honor and as an original member of Black Sabbath I deserve to be shown respect.
Might I add that Sharon also included some mighty rich stipulations to that contract as well. She never forgave me for leaving Ozzfest in 1997 and departing the next year due to health reasons. Bloody nonsense! She made sure that on any of the tour riders I would not get a vegan platter, plus she wanted me to walk Ozzy's twelve dogs before each show.
To top it off, Sharon wanted us to do a version of "Changes" on the setlist that featured Kelly Osbourne dueting with Ozzy. I'm sorry mate, but that's where I draw the line. It was also in the contract that I would have to feature all these new commercial bands that Sharon manages on my monthly radio show on WPMD. What a load of horse bollocks. I can't handle that woman since she threw eggs at our mates in Iron Maiden years back, which upset me enough to leave that tour.
The most unacceptable thing, in my opinion, was how Sharon's management team insisted that the new album we would put out should contain commercial sounding metal that would make it easier for us to get airplay. The boys and I were thinking of calling the new album "Doomination," but she thought the title was too limiting. So, at this point, the contract is still unsignable. Mind you, I am ready at any moment to board a plane from California to Birmingham if a proper contract with no degrading stipulations exists, one in which I'd also get a proper twenty-five percent."

Un fucking real.

What's a horse bollock? :biggrin:

SNIPER
04-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Jeez. What a twat!

Mr Walker
04-04-2012, 09:19 AM
What is 'commercial sounding metal' that gets airplay?
Honestly, I'm at a loss.

"Doomination' is kinda cool, but also a bit corny.

All this shit makes me sad that Dio passed away... probably would have had a second H&H album by now.

chefcraig
04-04-2012, 10:03 AM

Oh, look: The album cover artwork for the 2012 re-release of Ozzy's long deleted live album has been leaked to the internet...

http://img1.imagehousing.com/6/220608939544a1a3a155d695f03d0d3f.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/992970)

(Hey, it's the best I can do with the tools and skills I have available. Anyone else that wishes to take a crack at it, be my guest. :thumb:)

Seshmeister
04-04-2012, 11:21 AM
You would think after the cancer she might have realised she can't take it with her.

There are only so many yappy fucking dogs and plastic surgery you can spend your money on.

They are now worth over $150 million which is more than the Led Zepplin people and approaching Bowie money.

http://www.therichest.org/entertainment/sunday-times-music-millionaires/

ELVIS
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
What is 'commercial sounding metal' that gets airplay?

Mama I'm Coming Home...

No More Tears...

Dreamer...

Bullshit like that...

ELVIS
04-04-2012, 11:48 AM
http://static.igossip.com/photos_2/august_2011/Uncategorized_osbourne_will_fuck_you_up_oPt.jpg

ELVIS
04-04-2012, 11:51 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zKkbPhSfrXE/Tf3dCPk_UgI/AAAAAAAAGE0/_sc50ySGOuw/s1600/Ozzy+and+Sharon+Osbourne+circa+1987.jpg

vandeleur
04-04-2012, 11:54 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zKkbPhSfrXE/Tf3dCPk_UgI/AAAAAAAAGE0/_sc50ySGOuw/s1600/Ozzy+and+Sharon+Osbourne+circa+1987.jpg

fuck me .. she is huge

tojoro
04-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Now, Ozzy's a full grown guy, 210-220, right? Look at the difference in height between their seat cushions!:smileyfart:

Aside from that, the folks over at the black-sabbath.com forums firmly believe this to be an April Fool's prank...

TJMKID
04-04-2012, 02:37 PM
You would think after the cancer she might have realised she can't take it with her.

There are only so many yappy fucking dogs and plastic surgery you can spend your money on.

They are now worth over $150 million which is more than the Led Zepplin people and approaching Bowie money.

http://www.therichest.org/entertainment/sunday-times-music-millionaires/

At this point ---- it seems to make sense for Sabbath fans to pool some money to hire a hitman to take this greedy cunt out ---- permanently.

Sharon has done enough damage on this Earth for one lifetime ---- time for her to go.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-04-2012, 08:11 PM

Trunk confirmed this is a fake....

But of course, MelodiCrock ran with it....

Terry
04-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Even though it was a hoax, outside of Ward walking Sharon's dogs I wouldn't have put any of the other "stipulations" past Sharon.

twonabomber
04-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Trunk confirmed this is a fake....

But of course, MelodiCrock ran with it....

i wonder if the record company will send Andrew an advance copy of the disc when (if?) it ever comes out...and, if they don't, will Andrew cry about it like he did when Interscope didn't send him ADKOT.

Mr Walker
04-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Sabbath confirmed as playing the Lolapolooza show in Chicago this summer, although the band's line up has not been confirmed.

ELVIS
04-11-2012, 08:06 AM
I won't be there without Ward...

Mr Walker
04-11-2012, 08:33 AM

You'd travel all the way to Chicago to see Sabbath?

kissfan1976
05-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Statement on Upcoming Black Sabbath Shows
Posted on May.15, 2012
Dear Sabbath Fans and Fellow Musicians,

I sincerely regret to inform you that after a final effort to participate in the upcoming Sabbath shows a failure to agree has continued. At this time I have to inform you that I won’t be playing with Black Sabbath at the Birmingham gig dated May 19th, 2012, nor will I be playing at Download on June 10th, 2012. Further, I will not be playing at Lollapalooza on August 3, 2012.

It is with a very sad heart that I bring you this news. I am sincerely passionate in my desire to play with the band, and I’m very, very sorry that it’s fallen to this. This statement is even more painstaking to write, as I was particularly excited to play alongside Tony Iommi after the recent treatments he underwent. I wanted that to become a reality.
To express my thoughts about you, the Sabbath fans, I’m going to speak to you all through an experience my brother James had recently. My brother Jimmy lives in the U.K. When speaking with him a couple of days ago, he told me that an acquaintance had stopped him on the street and confronted him, “is your brother playing Birmingham? What’s going on? I waited in line with my son and paid x amount for the concert tickets.”

The man’s son is a young drummer. He’s going to see Sabbath, and he wants to see Bill Ward play drums. Upon hearing this news, I felt horrible. I couldn’t help feeling some resentment towards the failure to reach an agreement, the failure to remember where we came from, the failure to be as brothers, as we once were. To be clear, I’m not blaming the other guys or finding any faults with them. I would think it can’t be easy for them either, but this situation is just really sad. It’s sad that it’s come to this. “This” will surely leave a mark and be unwelcome to the memory. Hopefully “this” will heal and pass in time.

My heart sank when Jimmy told me about this young boy. I know this boy is going to be disappointed, and I don’t know how to amend it, other than to put my arms around the boy and tell him I love him. Sabbath fans have a voice and a face, to me you’re human, you have families and despair. You have ferocity and emotions and graciousness, and at this moment as far as I’m concerned you are also that young boy in England. I don’t know how to amend my part in these failings other than to put my arms around you and say I love you and let you know I’m very, very sorry.

Throughout this process, which began over a year ago, I have had to stand up for myself time and time again. I have had to stand up for myself and in doing so realize my actions indirectly, although unintentionally, are upsetting and hurting a lot of you. I know in my heart I couldn’t have done these concerts by agreeing the terms suggested. I made a solemn vow after the last European and Ozzfest concerts that I would never again enter into what was, in my opinion, a totally unsatisfactory contract. I have to stand for something, and as painful as it is, I’m doing it.

Earlier in April 2012, I’d been asked to participate “minimally” in the Download festival. I believe I’d been offered no more than three songs to play while another drummer presumably played the rest of the show with Black Sabbath. I was not willing to participate in that offer. I was not prepared to watch another drummer play a Sabbath set, while I was to play only three songs.

I found out about the Birmingham gig on Monday, April 30 through the Internet ad. I was taken aback somewhat by the date, and the fact it was Birmingham. Knowing the “signable” contract negotiations were at best in shreds, I was upset by the idea that the band was going to play Birmingham and play it assumedly without me. I had no prior knowledge of the date and location, and I felt totally excluded. We contacted the representative for Black Sabbath to see if something could be worked out. In the meantime my drum crew and I, along with our US endorsers, finished all the necessary planning for a swift departure to the UK. There wasn’t a whole lot to complete; we’d all been on standby more or less since mid-January 2012. The remaining work in the UK was confirmed done by our European and UK endorsers and we were good to go by Friday, May 4 2012. There were two stress points: firstly, getting an agreement in place, and secondly, getting to England in a timely manner. Jetlag time was taken into account as well as drum practice, a drum practice room in the heart of Birmingham, accommodation, and travel arrangements were all in place to meet with any band rehearsals that may have transpired before the Birmingham show. So far everything that had been arranged was on my dime, but we didn’t move ahead without a realistic confirmation.

Communications between the representative and my lawyer continued through the weekend of May 5 finalizing on Wednesday, May 9. The offer we received on May 9 was, “come to the UK, play for free and see how the first show goes.” I was tempted. Playing for free would not have been a problem for me, but “seeing how the first show goes” left an element of risk which could have affected Download. My ideal thought was to play in full the Birmingham show, in full Download, and in full Lollapalooza.

I had notified the representative that May 10 was my cutoff day in order to have good lead-in time for England. On the night of May 9 I asked for a brief letter to be sent to the representative asking to find out if we were at an end. On the morning of Thursday, May 10, I received a reply in the affirmative. After consulting with my advisors and crew a decision was made to let go and stop.

I can’t prioritize the Sabbath fans making one show more important than the other. I can’t do that. All of you are important. It’s all the gigs or none at all. I can’t come to Birmingham and “see what happens” knowing there is a risk of not being able to play Download or Lollapalooza. Again, for me, it’s all or nothing. I had to say “no” to Birmingham on the principle of wanting to play all the shows. Saying no to Birmingham is very difficult for me. My family grew up in Birmingham. Black Sabbath grew up in Birmingham. It’s still my hometown and I resent having to arrive at such a difficult choice.

Although the statement was made that, “the door is always open” for me, as explained above, walking through that door is not always as easy as it sounds. There are many complicated issues and unseen and unspoken agendas on hand. I can assure you, my criteria for a “signable” contract is based in mindful principles, respectability, and acknowledgement of my history within the band.

I hold no malice or resentment towards the other band members. I love them; I’m tolerant of them; I’m frustrated with them, as they may be with me. My fight has never been with them. I’ll love them forever. In my opinion, nobody wins this time; the band doesn’t win; the fans for an original lineup don’t win. Nobody wins, nobody. Even the ones who thought they did.

I didn’t want to make this decision, but I have to be honest and transparent. This is the statement I didn’t want to write; it’s the last thing I wanted to do. But, I have written it, and now it can go into the universe.

Since Spring of 2011, I’ve waited patiently and hopefully for a signable contract, you know the rest. I stand for the boy in the U.K., for the coming drum student, for all the drummers, who write their parts out and get stiffed on the publishing, I stand with the Sabbath fans chanting “Bill Ward” and asking “why?” and I stand with Tony and Geezer and Ozzy.

On a final note, even though I’m at an end with the upcoming announced concerts, I will remain with an open mind and a position of willingness to negotiate “signable” terms with Sabbath’s representatives in the future.

Stay strong.
Stay safe.

With all my heart and strength, I love you,
Bill Ward

Rikk
05-15-2012, 05:24 PM

I live fifteen minutes from Grant Park, and we won't go to see Sabbath. I wish that bitch would be hit by a truck. She's ruined everything about Ozzy. The man is as embarrassing as Steven Tyler. Ozzy might as well become a judge on The Voice at this point. That's how much this bitch has destroyed his integrity.

Diamondjimi
05-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Well said Rikk.

$haron the cunt can't make anything fair. Tony might die from cancer, Bill is healthy enough to do this, but this cunt clearly doesn't
give a fuck about credibility or what the fans deserve...
I don't wish her death. If she died, it would only be a matter of time before Ozzy went off the deep end again with
substances and blows his head off. I wish her a debilitating stroke that render's her a vegetable. This way Oz would get new mgmt....

sadaist
05-15-2012, 05:50 PM
http://static.igossip.com/photos_2/august_2011/Uncategorized_osbourne_will_fuck_you_up_oPt.jpg

Devil horns yes. But shouldn't her eye pupils be dollar $ign$?

Hardrock69
05-15-2012, 09:03 PM
WHOEVER is reponsible for this fucking shit, Sharon or lawyers or whoever else, they can go DIE IN A FUCKING FIRE!

I hope the drummer who replaces bill gets booed. Not so much because people dislike him personally, but a) for taking the gig and disprespecting Bill, and b) to show the rest of the band that the fans are pissed off about it.

I expect the Brummie fans will be quite irate about this......too bad for Tony that he is going to have to deal with this crap for his last few shows....

binnie
05-16-2012, 02:32 AM
Well, this will put a bit of a taint on Donnington this year.

Given that Vinni Appice has said he's not playing drums, I wonder who will?

The more worrying thing is the album, however - it won't be write if Bill's not there to form the songs from the beginning.

binnie
05-16-2012, 02:32 AM
'Write'? 'Right'.

D'oh.

kissfan1976
05-17-2012, 06:41 PM
BOO! BOO!

We have decided not to make any detailed comment on Bill's latest statement. There are two sides to every story. We have been working hard at rehearsals making excellent progress after Tony's treatments and we have engaged a substitute drummer for the forthcoming shows. See you at Download.

–Black Sabbath, 5/17/12

lesfunk
05-17-2012, 06:51 PM
It's probably whomever is Ozzy's drummer

kissfan1976
05-18-2012, 03:51 PM
WTF!!!!

BILL WARD Removed From Photos On BLACK SABBATH's Official Web Site - May 18, 2012

Drummer Bill Ward has been removed from all the photos on the homepage and gallery section of BLACK SABBATH's official web site after he announced that he was unable to to reach a contractual agreement with his bandmates about participating in their upcoming reunion shows.

In response to the move, Tony Conley of the Facebook page 1,000,000 Black Sabbath Fans Say Yes To Bill Ward wrote, "That is simply one of the most dastardly, chickenshit things I have ever seen done in my 40-some years of watching rock and roll. Definitely the maneuver with the least class, and disrespect.

"Bill's statements have been filled with love and respect. BLACK SABBATH's responses have been shallow and cold.

"Two sides to every story? Then tell yours, BLACK SABBATH, and stop hiding. If Bill can't hack it — say so. If he wants more than his share financially — say so. If there is a reasonable explanation for this shameful display, please help us to understand what it is. Currently, you look shameful and sad. That is not how we wish to feel about you.

"Your fans deserve better, Bill deserves better, and you deserve better."

BLACK SABBATH will play a hometown concert in Birmingham, England tomorrow night (Saturday, May 19) as a warm-up show for the band's appearance at the Download festival at Donington next month. SABBATH has hired a replacement drummer for the upcoming gigs but has yet to reveal the musician's identiry.

A furor erupted online in 2007 after photos of Michael Anthony at the official VAN HALEN web site were either removed or replaced by an image of guitarist Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang, who played bass on the group's recent album and tour. The photos were restored less than two days later.

bueno bob
05-18-2012, 11:04 PM
I, for one, won't miss Bill Ward at all.

Let's actually do the math here:

1980 - Bill Ward quits right into the Heaven and Hell tour; leaves Tony, Geezer and Ronnie in a lurch.
1984 - Bill returns to record Born Again - quits immediately afterwards, leaving Ian, Tony and Geezer in a lurch.
1985 - Bill returns, hangs around to fart off in the studio, quits and leaves Tony in a lurch, as David Donato and Geezer were out too.
1992/1993 - Bill returns, quits after Ozzy decides he doesn't want to do the Black Sabbath reunion.
1994 - Bill returns, tours briefly, and quits, leaving Tony and Geezer in a lurch.
1997 - The band wants Bill, but he can't tour due to the fact that his skills are in the toilet.
2004(ish) - Ozzy doesn't want to do a new Sabbath album - Bill quits.
2007 - Bill agrees to do Heaven & Hell; several weeks later, he quits.
2012 - Bill agrees to so the Black Sabbath reunion, appears in public - and quits over money, leaving Ozzy, Tony and Geezer in a lurch.

So...let me get this straight - you expect me to have some sympathy for this fuckin' guy?

Yeah, NOPE.

Since 1980, Bill has quit Black Sabbath NINE FUCKING TIMES.

That's right, folks. Nine times. Many of which had the effect of leaving Black Sabbath (and by Black Sabbath, let's be honest, I mean TONY IOMMI) in a mad dash to have to find an emergency replacement. And EVERY SINGLE TIME, he's been welcomed back with open arms and no hard feelings. EVERY TIME.

The bottom line is this - Bill does NOT deserve "better". Frankly, with his track pattern, he deserves whatever he gets. If the "money wasn't right" for Bill (and even if he was looking at 10%, we're still talking at least $10-14,000,000.00 at a SAFE estimate), and if contracts weren't signed, maybe Bill should have had the fucking decency to say "Hey guys, let's not run the risk of not getting this right and pissing the fans off, let's take our time, straighten shit out, make sure all our ducks are in a row and THEN go from there."

Sabbath would have honored that - they would have had to. But no, Bill was all fired up and ready to go, so he showed up in public, said he was involved, and then, a short time later, pulls out bitching about money and people have the fucking AUDACITY to DEFEND him?

Oh no no no...fuck all the things about that. Every single bit. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, Bill's fucking LUCKY he was even ASKED. For all four of the original lineup, he is WITHOUT ANY SINGLE DOUBT the biggest liability and the weakest link. If he thinks he's worth that much, well, I'm sorry, but he's not. This whole "25% for everybody!" idea is pure, unadulterated bullshit and so far outside of reality it's scary. Bill's spent more time out of Sabbath since 1980 then in by a VERY large margin. He's done virtually NOTHING to keep the name Black Sabbath alive over the years, unlike Ozzy, Geezer and especially TONY.

Frankly, he's not entitled to 25% and 10% is being MORE than generous. He's lucky he was offered more than just a flat rate, to be quite honest.

Seeing all these rants about how it's "Not Sabbath without Bill!" is fucking irritating as all hell, especially when you stop to think for a moment and realize that it's actually BILL who's responsible for all this shit.

He did the appearance on 11/11/11. If he wasn't right, then he shouldn't have shown. He did, and then he backed out, AGAIN leaving Sabbath in a lurch - and using public forums for a blatant case of passive-aggressive blackmail.

I feel really bad for Ozzy, Tony and Geezer here...even a CASUAL glance at Bill Ward's history with Black Sabbath and it becomes readily apparent who the villain is, and Bill's essentially being a vindictive bitch and making them look like assholes by using public forums to rant and whine (very politely) about how he's (cough) "being screwed out of money" and how "sorry" he is for the fans.

Trust me, Bill Ward doesn't give a FUCK about the fans. He gives a fuck about his wallet and that's about the end of it and that much is PLAINLY evident to me. If he gave a shit at all, he'd have his ass on stage, thankful to be there, and happy to play for the fans KNOWING full well that they want to see it more than anything else.

Worse yet, I feel bad for Sharon. FUCKING WEIRD AS THAT IS TO SAY, I feel bad for Sharon because it's very easy for Sabbath fans to point the finger at her as the problem when in truth Tony owns everything related to Black Sabbath...and, for once, she's getting shit she actually DOESN'T deserve.

I could give a shit less if Bill ever comes back. I guess no money must be better for him then the so-called "insult", hunh? And fuck the fans then, too. Well, he's welcome to it. And I'm glad that Sabbath removed all photos of him from the website, it's the LEAST that piece of shit deserves.

That said, as soon as he gets his shit together, well...I'm sure they'll welcome him back into the fold with open arms.

More's the fucking pity.

Terry
05-18-2012, 11:14 PM
You know what, bueno? That's all a lot of relevant info I was aware of but hadn't considered...

With each instance of Ward leaving, as you laid them out in your post, I had to agree and remember that Ward does have a frequent history of quitting the group.

When thought of in that context, perhaps this latest instance isn't so surprising.

bueno bob
05-18-2012, 11:16 PM
You know what, bueno? That's all a lot of relevant info I was aware of but hadn't considered...

With each instance of Ward leaving, as you laid them out in your post, I had to agree and remember that Ward does have a frequent history of quitting the group.

When thought of in that context, perhaps this latest instance isn't so surprising.

That's all I'm saying.

Bottom line...Bill Ward is, put simply, a liability and he always kinda has been.

Myself, you know, I waded through 32 years of Sabbath lineup changes and a new drummer is a new drummer, it's NOTHING NEW...Tony could plug in with me, you and my kid and it's STILL Black Sabbath.

I think the sympathy vote for Bill is quaint, but there's no sense "boycotting" Sabbath over his absence, since he's been out about 95% of the time since 1980 anyway...Bill's a great cat, and yeah, I'd LOVE to see him there, but I'm not going to pee myself and cry that he's not because this is what he does.

That's it.

Rikk
05-19-2012, 02:48 AM
I, for one, won't miss Bill Ward at all.

Let's actually do the math here:

1980 - Bill Ward quits right into the Heaven and Hell tour; leaves Tony, Geezer and Ronnie in a lurch.
1984 - Bill returns to record Born Again - quits immediately afterwards, leaving Ian, Tony and Geezer in a lurch.
1985 - Bill returns, hangs around to fart off in the studio, quits and leaves Tony in a lurch, as David Donato and Geezer were out too.
1992/1993 - Bill returns, quits after Ozzy decides he doesn't want to do the Black Sabbath reunion.
1994 - Bill returns, tours briefly, and quits, leaving Tony and Geezer in a lurch.
1997 - The band wants Bill, but he can't tour due to the fact that his skills are in the toilet.
2004(ish) - Ozzy doesn't want to do a new Sabbath album - Bill quits.
2007 - Bill agrees to do Heaven & Hell; several weeks later, he quits.
2012 - Bill agrees to so the Black Sabbath reunion, appears in public - and quits over money, leaving Ozzy, Tony and Geezer in a lurch.

So...let me get this straight - you expect me to have some sympathy for this fuckin' guy?

Yeah, NOPE.

Since 1980, Bill has quit Black Sabbath NINE FUCKING TIMES.

That's right, folks. Nine times. Many of which had the effect of leaving Black Sabbath (and by Black Sabbath, let's be honest, I mean TONY IOMMI) in a mad dash to have to find an emergency replacement. And EVERY SINGLE TIME, he's been welcomed back with open arms and no hard feelings. EVERY TIME.

The bottom line is this - Bill does NOT deserve "better". Frankly, with his track pattern, he deserves whatever he gets. If the "money wasn't right" for Bill (and even if he was looking at 10%, we're still talking at least $10-14,000,000.00 at a SAFE estimate), and if contracts weren't signed, maybe Bill should have had the fucking decency to say "Hey guys, let's not run the risk of not getting this right and pissing the fans off, let's take our time, straighten shit out, make sure all our ducks are in a row and THEN go from there."

Sabbath would have honored that - they would have had to. But no, Bill was all fired up and ready to go, so he showed up in public, said he was involved, and then, a short time later, pulls out bitching about money and people have the fucking AUDACITY to DEFEND him?

Oh no no no...fuck all the things about that. Every single bit. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, Bill's fucking LUCKY he was even ASKED. For all four of the original lineup, he is WITHOUT ANY SINGLE DOUBT the biggest liability and the weakest link. If he thinks he's worth that much, well, I'm sorry, but he's not. This whole "25% for everybody!" idea is pure, unadulterated bullshit and so far outside of reality it's scary. Bill's spent more time out of Sabbath since 1980 then in by a VERY large margin. He's done virtually NOTHING to keep the name Black Sabbath alive over the years, unlike Ozzy, Geezer and especially TONY.

Frankly, he's not entitled to 25% and 10% is being MORE than generous. He's lucky he was offered more than just a flat rate, to be quite honest.

Seeing all these rants about how it's "Not Sabbath without Bill!" is fucking irritating as all hell, especially when you stop to think for a moment and realize that it's actually BILL who's responsible for all this shit.

He did the appearance on 11/11/11. If he wasn't right, then he shouldn't have shown. He did, and then he backed out, AGAIN leaving Sabbath in a lurch - and using public forums for a blatant case of passive-aggressive blackmail.

I feel really bad for Ozzy, Tony and Geezer here...even a CASUAL glance at Bill Ward's history with Black Sabbath and it becomes readily apparent who the villain is, and Bill's essentially being a vindictive bitch and making them look like assholes by using public forums to rant and whine (very politely) about how he's (cough) "being screwed out of money" and how "sorry" he is for the fans.

Trust me, Bill Ward doesn't give a FUCK about the fans. He gives a fuck about his wallet and that's about the end of it and that much is PLAINLY evident to me. If he gave a shit at all, he'd have his ass on stage, thankful to be there, and happy to play for the fans KNOWING full well that they want to see it more than anything else.

Worse yet, I feel bad for Sharon. FUCKING WEIRD AS THAT IS TO SAY, I feel bad for Sharon because it's very easy for Sabbath fans to point the finger at her as the problem when in truth Tony owns everything related to Black Sabbath...and, for once, she's getting shit she actually DOESN'T deserve.

I could give a shit less if Bill ever comes back. I guess no money must be better for him then the so-called "insult", hunh? And fuck the fans then, too. Well, he's welcome to it. And I'm glad that Sabbath removed all photos of him from the website, it's the LEAST that piece of shit deserves.

That said, as soon as he gets his shit together, well...I'm sure they'll welcome him back into the fold with open arms.

More's the fucking pity.

Shit, BOB...there's a lot there I didn't think about. I guess reading your post almost made me do a complete 180. There's a bunch of great Sabbath without Bill throughout history. And I never stopped to realize how many times that pinhead has quit Sabbath. Nine fucking times? And you're right...why did he do the press conference?

I can't say I exactly missed Bill during the amazing run HEAVEN & HELL (I still call 'em BLACK SABBATH) had in the few years before Dio's death. That was an amazing run. Great concerts, two amazing DVD/Blu-Ray releases, three solid new songs for a Greatest Hits album...and a very good reunion album. In fact, aside from the fact that I miss Dio a lot anyway, I would rather that line-up were still going than a reunion of the Ozzy line-up. And I didn't miss Bill then. Vinny is a solid drummer.

Wife and I won't be going to Lollapalooza anyway, even if it's 15 minutes away from us. Fact is, with a new baby, it's just too tough a proposition right now. But I'd probably figure it out if they were playing an arena or somewhere more enjoyable. I had a good time in second row for the Soundgarden reunion in 2010 (one of my favorite bands ever, and a great show)...but I don't want to brave that festival shit again.

All aside...I wish Cozy Powell were still alive. He is, in my opinion, the second-greatest rock drummer in history...behind Bonham.

Hardrock69
05-19-2012, 04:08 AM
?????

I was unaware he was even considered for the Heaven & Hell band.

Why the fuck would he be involved anyway?

I mean, sure, he quit soon after the H & H tour began in 1980....by the time I saw them on that tour there was this muscular young guy who was beating the living shit out of his drums.....but then, Mob Rules had Vinnie Appice as well.

THEN.....Cozy Powell was supposedly going to do the Dehumanizer tour....but had to back out due to a car crash if I recall right....so what to they do? Bring in Vinnie Appice.....

Actually this fucking pisses me off....the only time Vinnie Appice was considered FIRST for an album and tour was the fucking Mob Rules tour!

He was a replacement in 1980, second choice in 1992, and again in 2007. And, strangely enough, HE is known to the public as THE drummer for the classic MK II Black Sabbath lineup with Ronnie.

So, for whatever reason, the cards always fell into place, and when Ronnie was playing with Tony & Geezer, Vinnie was there as well!

Thanks for the heads up, Bob. Changed my opinion entirely.

FORD
05-19-2012, 04:29 AM
I remember hearing that Bill was supposed to have been the drummer when it was first reported that Dio was working with them again in 2004/05, on what was originally supposed to be just 3 songs for a greatest hits compilation (or actually a box set that got scaled back to a greatest hits compilation) I thought it was weird at the time, because after Bill bailed out of the 1980 tour and then reappeared to record Born Again, I just assumed he and Dio didn't get along. So when Vinny Appice became their drummer once again when they changed their name to Heaven & Hell, it seemed to make sense.

What doesn't make sense is how Bill was saying for years that there should not be a band called Black Sabbath unless it's the original 4 members, and now he's the one who is preventing that from happening on what will more than likely be their last album (let's face it, even if Tony beats cancer - and goddamn it, somebody has to once in a while - how much longer does Ozzy have? He's looked and sounded half dead for years)

Yeah, Sharon's a miserable back stabbing cunt. We all know that. But Bill should hire his own agent/manager/lawyer/hit man and negotiate this shit back to reality. I really want to see Sabbath go out on a great note, and that ain't possible with a scab drummer.

bueno bob
05-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Well, according to Geezer's statement, they're working with Ozzy's solo drummer Tommy Clufetos. I don't really know anything about him per se, other than what I've heard on the last few solo Ozzy albums, but...this, in my mind, isn't really all that different that what happened when Tony, Ozzy, and Geezer got back together with Mike Bordin in 1996/1997. Bill wasn't up to speed then, but of course, back then we had whatever the metal magazines told us (which was slim), we didn't have this ongoing soap opera over the internet about it.

Personally, I'm with HR69...I'd have much rather seen Vinny Appice in place of Tommy, he's easily drummer #2 in Sabbath history, but...he's also been vocal about wanting to do his own band and not be somebody elses property. At this stage, I can respect that out of him.

Bill's a really convincing guy, he's very friendly and very polite and he makes a great point about wanting to do the right thing, and in my heart of hearts, I believe he probably does. Probably. But the bottom line is that, at least for me, it's really infuriating to see such a Ozzy/Tony/Geezer/Sharon hate fest over at sites like Blabbermouth when people are just reading Bill's side of things and basing their own judgments on that, rather than taking a few minutes to stop and consider the fact that Bill's been in and out of Sabbath more times than I'd be in and out of Milla Jovovich, for Pete's sake.

Every time, Black Sabbath, Tony, or whoever it's been from minute to minute, have welcomed him back with no hard feelings. They really do love him, even with as problematic as he is. And even Geezer came out today and said that the amount of money he was asking for was just insane, to the point where they actually thought it was a joke.

Here's his statement:

"I feel sad to see the SABBATH reunion becoming a bit of a soap opera on the Internet.

"It has been a very tough year for us as a band, having announced our reunion plans, only for Tony [Iommi, guitar] to be diagnosed with lymphoma, leaving us no choice but to postpone the proposed SABBATH tour, and then for Bill [Ward, drums] to go public on his site about an unsignable contract.

"None of us knew how Tony was going to respond to his intensive chemotherapy, and radiotherapy. Ozzy [Osbourne, vocals] and myself flew to England to be with Tony, and on his 'good' days, we'd meet at his home studio and put ideas together for the upcoming album, all sitting down together, no drummer involved, just three of us quietly putting together ideas. We thought that when we had enough songs together for a full band rehearsal, we'd move back to L.A and put the whole thing together with Bill. Unfortunately, to our surprise, Bill issued a statement on his site saying he'd been offered an unsignable contract. He hadn't told any one of us he was having contractual problems, and frankly, those things are worked out between our representatives, and never between the four of us, let alone in public.

"We had the idea of keeping just one show in this year, hoping that Tony would be well enough for that show, and that things with Bill would be sorted.

"As you may expect, a one-off show at Donnington festival (Download) costs an absolute fortune to stage, involving over 50 people, transport, airfares, hotels, meals, agents, promoters, accountants, lawyers etc, so none of us, expected to make much money from it — it was a one-off SABBATH show for the fans, before we go into recording the new album. Apparently, this wasn't acceptable to Bill's representatives; they wanted an amount that was so unrealistic that it seemed to have been a joke. So we resigned ourselves to doing Download without Bill, hoping he'd change his mind and at least make a guest appearance.

"We started rehearsals a few weeks ago with Tommy Cluefetos, the drummer who will be on the 'Ozzy And Friends' tour. Brilliant drummer and good bloke. It was decided we'd better do a warm-up show, to break the ice since we haven't played together live. The O2 Academy was available in Birmingham, where we were rehearsing, so we decided on that, and to make a donation to Help For Heroes charity, since we'd be ironing out any glitches we may have. Then Bill put out a further statement saying he'd been ready to play the Birmingham show , but he was expected to have to do it 'for free.' Well, I think that's basically how you raise money from gigs for charity — you play them 'for free.'

"All I am saying is that there are two sides to everything.

"I do hope to play with Bill again some day. For whatever reason, it wasn't meant to be this time. Bill's made his decision, and I have to respect that. Hopefully this painful year will be worth the wait for the new SABBATH album and end in joy and happiness for all."

He doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Frankly, I just hope that nobody boos the band today...Tony's dealing with a LOT, and he doesn't need that shit.

PERIOD.

fourthcoming
05-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Not a big Tommy Clufetos fan......Rob Zombie didn't seem to miss him at all.....not that I'm John Bonham, but Clufetos doesn't do much for me. I saw Ozzy and Zombie together at Mohecan Sun a few years ago.....Clufetos is ok, just not my favorite style of drummer....and Mike Bordin was so friggin slow and powerless that Zakk Wylde looked like he was going to strangle him.