PDA

View Full Version : TV Tricks of the trade

Seshmeister
08-19-2011, 09:28 AM
<object width="640" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/TH_9QcMCkvg?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/TH_9QcMCkvg?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

ThrillsNSpills
08-19-2011, 11:01 AM
With the advent of digital, these cuts are accomplished in a couple minutes. This technique is why there are so many documentaries people produce that are skewed and misleading. and it seems like they "prove" their point, which is I'm guessing what drew Sesh to research it. That, or it had science in the title.

They'd never run a show like this in the US. They want you dumb as a stump here. That's a fact. It worked. snooki's number one.

Don't I always say TV is manipulation?

Nitro Express
08-20-2011, 03:19 AM
It's easier and cheaper to edit video and sound than ever. All during a time when people are starting to question the ethics of institutions that in the recent past were considered iron clad and trustworthy. It's not just the financial system that is suffering from massive distrust but just about anything where power is concerned. One common saying I hear now is,"I don't trust anyone".

I don't think there is any real neutral news following the associated press guidelines.

WACF
08-25-2011, 01:12 PM
An example of what the CBC got caught doing....an older clip...but a great example of directing the story where the reporter wants to it go.

Made me realize how biased news can be...luckily people out there catch this stuff and post it...the CBC was forced to adimit it's mispresentation...but they still do it.
News networks are like car brands...some people stay loyal to one brand regardless of how medicore and overpriced it may have become.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-27-2011, 03:24 PM
You should search for two UK shows that broadcast on digital station BBC 4 in the UK...both Charlie Brooker shows "Screenwipe" and "Newswipe", both about either the inner-workings of TV or the inner-workings of TV News. Very informative, very interesting and very funny in a droll kind of way