PDA

View Full Version : Well it was a great birthday until...................

BITEYOASS
08-21-2011, 10:56 AM
...........my supervisor told me I have four weeks to find a new job because I was "not productive enough" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :pullinghair::anger::mad0233::mad::mad0222:

Seshmeister
08-21-2011, 11:00 AM
And sperm donor jobs don't grow on trees.

Seshmeister
08-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Seriously that's shit, hope you find something ok.

BITEYOASS
08-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks! They basically fired me right before my probationary period ended. It's common practices for non-business is america and especially down south to dangle a carrot of benefits if you work for a certain amount of time. Then right before your period ends, they fire your ass.

Seshmeister
08-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Scumbags.

Someone should set up a website outing these companies so at least people know it's likely to happen to them.

Hey look I just gave you a self start business idea... :)

Seshmeister
08-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Actually it's not that bad, you could sell advertising on it to recruitment agencies and take bribes off of companies to keep them off the site. :D

Little Texan
08-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Wow, fired on your birthday. That's as low as it gets! Hope you find something else soon, dude.

Anonymous
08-21-2011, 01:59 PM
I dunno, while it is a serious setback for BiteyoAss to be fired, what does being his birthday has to do with it?

I don't get the emphasis & unreal expectations people set on their birthday.

Should the world stop just because you were happened to be born on that particular day? Well, so did a fuckin' shitload of others. In fact, I'm willing to be RITE NOW that everyday is someone's birthday.

And everyday, I don't give a fuck.

I do hope you find a job, B. Having been unemployed for six months, I wouldn't wish it on anyone*. But get yer head out yer arse, fer fuck's sake.

Cheers! :bottle:

*Well, there's actually a few people I'd wish it on, but I don't really like them.

Seshmeister
08-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Useless factoid but it is strange quirk of math.

Did you know that if you have 30 people in a room there is a 70% chance that 2 of them will have the same birthday?

Grant
08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Sorry to hear that, man. (I recently just got back into the workforce after being unemployed for 12 months due to a whole range of other shit, so yeah I know what that feeling is like)

But seriously, from my own recent experience things will work out - and you'll find an even better job and then look back on your old one with nothing but laughter...

"While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us." - Benjamin Franklin

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, whilst an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill

SunisinuS
08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Bite you rock. You will find that life does not depend upon them.

BITEYOASS
08-21-2011, 05:03 PM
correction: I meant to say "non-union business" not "non-business"

BITEYOASS
08-21-2011, 05:13 PM
It was a mixed blessing getting fired from that place. I kept hearing rumors about them being sued by a certain power company which I cannot name over some meter box work we were contracted to do. Plus the office was more like a dog kennel, they literally had two dogs running all over the damn place. Not to mention the rat shit that was in the warehouse (also literally). The only thing I'll miss is the money.

I'll try to get back my part-time job at UPS and hopefully start a band sometime soon. The band name will be "Hot Bangin' Action" and my new name will be Donovan McSleeze. :biggrin:

Hardrock69
08-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Lol....you go dude. You know what they say....one door closes, another door opens. :D

sadaist
08-22-2011, 01:30 AM
So you are gone in 4 weeks? Van Halen will be touring not long after that. Every think of being a roadie crew member? Not a long lasting job, but you would get to see EVERY Van Halen show on the upcoming tour and score a lot of phat loot.

In all seriousness, the job market sucks. Don't be ashamed to take a crappy job flipping burgers or spinning a furniture store sign on a street corner. No shame in actually earning money on your own...no matter what the job. Something better will turn up though. Good luck man.

Sensible Shoes
08-22-2011, 02:17 AM
The job market sucks. There is NO way around it.

binnie
08-22-2011, 04:17 AM
Sorry to hear that, BYA.

I hope you will leave them with something suitably malicious: like taking a dump in the kitchen.

fifth element
08-22-2011, 04:42 AM
Actually it's not that bad, you could sell advertising on it to recruitment agencies and take bribes off of companies to keep them off the site. :D

lol...Sesh...you've almost sold ME on that idea!

fifth element
08-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Lol....you go dude. You know what they say....one door closes, another door opens. :D

hmmmmm....always hated that saying....:umm:

seriously, though, gl at finding a new job. they are out there, but it isn't easy..

ThrillsNSpills
08-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Could be a blessing in disguise BYA.

May be hard to see in the moment but the next thing you get could be HUGE.

BITEYOASS
08-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Gonna see if I can get back with UPS. I'll find out tomorrow. I can't wait to get the fuck out of this non-union hell hole.