PDA

View Full Version : BIG trouble!!!!!

ashstralia
06-13-2004, 09:09 AM
okay, i've had a busy weekend,
long weekend here in oz (queens b'day holiday monday)
so i gets home, my ears are trashed from the volume
my band plays at.
so, i crack out eat 'em and smile (as you do)
and immediately cue up track 8 (as you do)
i reckon i've heard this song oh, i don't know, maybe
ten thousand times?
fuck.
i'm sittin here with a beer,
this song is floppin the absolute shit.
everything about it kills me,
the intro, the subject matter, the steve solo,
it's completely killer.

TMR
06-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Dude, BIG TROUBLE makes me want a EEAS REUNION!

Down by the 7-11, ,,,,,,,,, someone said he died but I know JOE didn't go to heavan......

:D

Big Troubles
06-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Nah, Big Trouble makes me want a Van Halen reunion. A real one.

TMR
06-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Nah, Big Trouble makes me want a Van Halen reunion. A real one.

No thanks! Eddie sucks!

Full Bug
06-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Big Trouble is my favourite track off of Eat'Em And Smile, killer....

ashstralia
10-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Necro bump from hell!!

Hallelujah search button. The bit from 2:05 to 2:50 is far and away vai's best work.

Fucking astonishing.

fourthcoming
10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Just spit ballin' here......Eat Em' was a killer album.....absolutely no doubt about that. I have heard many boots from the EEAS tour and Skyscraper....granted no Billy Sheehan on Skyscraper tour. Is it just me or did that band not sound all that great live? Every boot I have they sound like they are playing way too fast, have horrible back up vocals, and the drumming is nothing to write home about. The keyboards kill it for me too.....maybe I'm comparing how the classic VH songs sound too much to CVH but I have never heard a boot from that time period that really blew me away.

Yount
10-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Yeah I've got a Milan 88 show on audio, it's uptempo and full of keys and it rocks hard with heaps of cream. I'm not saying Dave was reaching heights of perfection but I've always liked pretty much any direction he's taken it. Billy Sheehan and Steve Vai have never sounded as good.

Yount
10-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Sorry, thoughts were jumping. I love the Milan '88 show, but also in regards to EEAS those 3 have hardly sounded better. That music with the big bass and 80's sound still blows me away. You just know Dave cares about a song - as much as he will fob it off with cheesburger, coke & joint stories. All these tracks lay right into ya

*at least that motherfucker can lean back during "playback" and ask himself, is this shit hot or is it not? And take it like a man, not like a rockstar. Eddie Van Halen (for some time) was a rockstar. That's why Van Hagar released misguided shite. Christ I still have the scars!
Dave must have canned a million turds, he'll never tell ya. :hitch:

ashstralia
10-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Just spit ballin' here......Eat Em' was a killer album.....absolutely no doubt about that. I have heard many boots from the EEAS tour and Skyscraper....granted no Billy Sheehan on Skyscraper tour. Is it just me or did that band not sound all that great live? Every boot I have they sound like they are playing way too fast...

Yeah, hearing ya 4th. Saw them live front row '88, I did get the impression it was all sped up; but geez it was good and loud. Missed billy a bit, granted.