PDA

View Full Version : New To Roth Army - MY SITE is LOADED with DLR Van Halen Rare, Unreleased, Live Songs

DLRVanHalen
09-06-2011, 04:37 PM
'Glad to join the Roth Army and attain the quality user name DLRVanHalen !!

I put out a lot of great song videos (110-120 or so) that are from the whole catalog of Van Halen that come from various video sites, collectively displayed at http://chrisgossett.com/VAN_HALEN.htm . Primarily I focus on the rare, unreleased songs, live Van Halen songs not released on disc, original unreleased song demos, side projects and more from 1974 to 2008. Most of the stuff is David Lee Roth Van Halen.

Most are picture videos but the neat thing is I do have the written permission of the great Van Halen photographer Neil Zlozower to use some of his work from over the years in the videos. Very few are actual video - but the photos blow you away. Some you've never seen. Some you've seen stolen!

For one video with actual video, "Jump," I did cannibalize about 7 fan videos at YouTube from 7 different different angles, from the same performance that I was at, on 10-10-2007 in Cleveland, and I set them to the soundboard recording of "Jump" from that show. It was really neat to make. Occasionally I use my Macintosh to re-equalize the audio and sometimes add effects. It effectively enhances certain recordings such as "Jump 07" to make them sound better. I don't have a lot of time to do these but I get in these "spurts" where I'll put up a slew.

Right now I search "Van Halen" in my iTunes and I get 1,322 items, 4 days:12 hours: 37 minutes: 48 seconds. I shit you not. All the released stuff plus the most recent, Sacred Sin songs, and "Joy to The World." (2006 I think?) Most of it is live though; 484 live from Roth's years, 239 live from Hagar years, 48 are original unreleased songs primarily from Dave's years, of which there are multiple versions of some and 82 original, unreleased song VERSIONs in total, 104 songs of Van Halen backing tracks of all variety - some with guitar, some without, some with all instruments and no vocal, 56 demos of songs they released, 92 covers of other bands, 36 tracks of interviews, 21 songs that are "side projects" Edward recorded with others. I do have some 50 or so backing tracks that are not VH as well. 19 karaoke (not vh) It's insane; my 25 year obsession basically! Bootlegging has changed over the years now with downloads. I thought I had the mother load before the internet but now I can say that, thanks to 10 years of scouring the internet. It's fair to say I'm Van Halen crazy.

'And glad to be here.

Sarge's Little Helper
09-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi DLRVanHalen and welcome to The Diamond David Lee Roth Army! We are a website created by fans of David Lee Roth for fans of David Lee Roth. IT’S THAT DAMN SIMPLE. The next beer is on us!

Jagermeister
09-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Chef is going to love this.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Chris, you're welcome to join our community, but if your posts turn out to be one website pimp after another, we're gonna have a problem....

Fairwrning
09-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Welcome, site sounds interesting but, in all honesty, you just found the best CVH site.

Cato
09-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Hummm......

Diamondjimi
09-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Welcome, site sounds interesting but, in all honesty, you just found the best CVH site.

Exactly...

Welcome to the Army!

:fuhagar3:

DLRVanHalen
09-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Not my m.o.

ThrillsNSpills
09-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Great page Chris.

GennyVH
09-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Welcome!!!! Nice your site!!!