PDA

View Full Version : I always heard old diesel trucks could sit a long time and start but this is amazing.

Nitro Express
09-08-2011, 06:44 AM

VAiN
09-08-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm not a diesel engine expert, but wouldn't it need spark to fire up? I have to assume they put a fresh battery in there?

Nitro Express
09-08-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm not a diesel engine expert, but wouldn't it need spark to fire up? I have to assume they put a fresh battery in there?

Yeah, you have to get the glow plugs hot. I'm sure they dropped a good battery in but clearly that truck hadn't had much more than that done to it. Give it a lube job and drive it as a ratt. LOL! I can see the police officer already. "What is this piece of shit? Do you feel safe driving this vehicle?"

Seshmeister
09-08-2011, 12:07 PM
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YfZDtC9kjVk?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YfZDtC9kjVk?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

VAiN
09-08-2011, 12:09 PM
I can see the police officer already. "What is this piece of shit? Do you feel safe driving this vehicle?"

Hell yeah I would, it's a goddamn tank!

Nitro Express
09-08-2011, 04:25 PM
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YfZDtC9kjVk?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YfZDtC9kjVk?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I actually had that particular model of Toyota truck in the the 1980's. Mine had the gasoline engine. I never had one problem with it. Nothing. I have always been very good at keeping my vehicles on a maintenance schedual but with most cars you always have the defects that show up here and there. Those Toyota pickups were great.

Nitro Express
09-08-2011, 04:38 PM
They are doing a US version of Top Gear now and frankly it sucks. I watch the British Top Gear for two main reasons. First the hosts of the show are entertaining. Second, they cover some cool cars we don't have here. I like to learn about how the gas suspension on a Citroen DS works. I like to watch Reliant Robins roll over. Minis are cool but that Reliant Robin is some strange shit. I guess you avoided some big fees and taxes having three wheels. We don't have that kind of weirdness here. Top Gear covers all those quirky things and makes fun of them. I love their hate of caravans. LOL!

Seshmeister
09-08-2011, 07:15 PM
I think the British one will always have the advantage of not being reliant on adverts or sponsorship.

Any commercial based one is always going to be under pressure from manufacturers not to say a product is shit.

twonabomber
09-08-2011, 07:27 PM
TGA is getting better but i don't know if they'll catch up to the original.

but then, go back and watch the first couple seasons of the British version and you'll see how weak they were at the beginning.

Seshmeister
09-08-2011, 08:30 PM
I think the British one is now maybe on a downward spiral and starting to get a little tired.

It's hard for them to keep pushing the envelope without looking like they are faking it especially on the challenges.

Nitro Express
09-08-2011, 08:57 PM
I think the British one will always have the advantage of not being reliant on adverts or sponsorship.

Any commercial based one is always going to be under pressure from manufacturers not to say a product is shit.

True. I also think Jeremy Clarkson would be hard to buy off actually. He probably would tell the sponsor to get fucked. Especially if it was a caravan manufacturer. LOL!

ashstralia
09-08-2011, 09:56 PM
anyone remember that old 'planes trains and autos' doco that robbie coltrane did where they started up an old hemi v8 that had been used to power an air raid siren? ps. aussie top gear=shit sandwich with no bread.:)

Dan
09-09-2011, 01:41 AM
anyone remember that old 'planes trains and autos' doco that robbie coltrane did where they started up an old hemi v8 that had been used to power an air raid siren? ps. aussie top gear=shit sandwich with no bread.:)

How Rude.:D