PDA

View Full Version : Young Turks to join Current TV

FORD
09-20-2011, 08:58 PM
The Young Turks used to be a radio show, was part of the Air America network for a while, and then aired on Sirius, and then became an internet video show. Cenk Uygur was more recently the host of the 6PM Eastern/3PM Pacific hour on MSNBC, until he was fired for not kissing enough establishment ass. Now, like fellow MSNBC alumnus Keith Olbermann, his show will air on former President Gore's Current TV, bringing that network another step closer to being a true news channel.....

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/neL3_U5hb4M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/neL3_U5hb4M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

I suspect some more shows will follow in the near future. Elliot Spitzer will probably be the next one to sign up, once his contractural obligation to CNN is out of the way.

kwame k
09-20-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm a casual fan of the Turks' internet show......glad to see some more independent news programs popping up. Now if they'd get rid of BecKKK, Rush and Faux News, the idiot sect might learn something.

FORD
09-20-2011, 10:08 PM
FAUX actually did get rid of BecKKK. How bad do you have to be when even Rupert Murdoch is embarrassed to be associated with you?

Nitro Express
09-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Beck is clearly an unstable person with unresolved issues. I really do think he needs professional help. I think he was pulling some good ratings for awhile but he went too over the top. He pretty much went John Hagee and got a hard on for the religious Israel crusade. When I lived in Jerusalem we would see bus loads of these kind of fucks roll into town and go on their delusional trips. We just shook our heads. The locals loved it because these people bought lots of rugs, olive wood carvings, T-Shirts, ect... Tourism was a huge part of the economy and nutcase crusade money was still good at the bank. The holy land. It's more of $$$$$$$$ than you think.

sadaist
09-21-2011, 01:30 AM
I watch FOX News and I am sooooo glad Glen Beck is gone. I like the new show The 5, Red Eye, and Shep Smith. Megan Kelly is pretty decent as well. Can't stand Hannity or O'Reilly or that horrible crew on the morning show Fox & Friends.

As for the Turks, I don't care for them. I've seen some of their youtube videos and was not impressed. Looked like college or high school kids trying to play news show. Some people just aren't cut out to be on camera.

Nitro Express
09-21-2011, 01:40 AM
I can't stand Hannity's show. He's basically a paid Republican windbag. He was really quite rude to Ron Paul when he was on his show. When he was on the Rachel Maddow show she actually said she admired Ron Paul for sticking to his values and beliefs. Hannity was so rude to the guy but then the Republican establishment are scared to death of him. On our Republican propaganda radio station here the local hosts aways say a vote for Ron Paul is a wasted vote but yet Ron is right up there with Romney and Perry in the polls. Ron Paul won't give the corporations any special treatment and if you think Romney or Perry will really slim down the government, audit the Fed, or even reform or repeal Obamacare think again. More of the same with them.

Anyways, I know someone who worked on Sean Hannity's production crew and they said Hannity was one of the best people he ever worked for. I guess Sean is more than generous to his employees and is a real decent guy that way.

I thought the Young Turks were just a internet news show they were doing as a hobby. I can't believe they are professionals because they just aren't that good. I will tell you right now why Air America failed. It wasn't the content. It was that they had poor radio personalities. Love him or hate him Rush Limbaugh is a very talented radio personality. That guy could be on the liberal side of things and still be very successful. It's not so much what side you are on but the dynamic of your show. Rush is dynamic, flamboyant, and crazy. People tune in for that. Even people who hate him. It's showbiz folks and Air America just had weak personalities and no entertainment value. The best personality the liberal side ever had was Keith Olberman. But once Bush was out he no longer could do hallarious rants about the president and the congress. Once it was all Democrat he had nothing to bash and that sunk him.

hambon4lif
09-21-2011, 10:01 AM

FORD
09-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Now I'd take Alyona over the right wing bimbos on FAUX anytime. :sex:

Nitro Express
09-22-2011, 12:45 AM
For some reason I want to boink that Russia Today chick. It would be fun having her and a bottle of Stolichnaya in my hot tub.

BITEYOASS
09-22-2011, 09:26 AM
I want a threesome with the RT chick and Ana Kasparian from TYT.

Nitro Express
09-25-2011, 02:46 AM
I would like to do some turkish oil wrestling with both of them.

FORD
09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Anybody think it's ironic that an Armenian chick is on a show called "The Young Turks"?

Nitro Express
09-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Anybody think it's ironic that an Armenian chick is on a show called "The Young Turks"?

I bet she loves armenian cucumbers in yogurt sauce.

FORD
11-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Press Contacts:
Kelli Stich Mills
FerenComm
kellis@ferencomm.com

For “The Young Turks” – RLM Public Relations
Peter Axtman - 212.741.5106 x 213
Nancy Hite-Norde – 212.741.5106 x 211
tyt@rlmpr.com

NEW YORK, November 10, 2011 – As the creator of the Web's most popular and longest running politically themed news show, Cenk Uygur makes no bones about his irrepressible desire to be a conversation-starter when it comes to discussing the world as we know it. Beginning Monday, December 5th, the award winning host will have a new vehicle to express his passionate and sometimes rebellious sentiment on Current TV's new nightly series, “The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur.”

Airing nightly at 7 p.m. ET (will encore 10 p.m. ET, Monday-Friday) from Current TV's Los Angeles studios, the wildly popular and outspoken pundit will use this new hour-long platform, a lead in to "Countdown With Keith Olbermann," as a unique and no-holds-barred gathering place for progressives to meet and address the issues of the day. In addition, Uygur will offer his audience the opportunity to influence the show's content, with comments, questions and challenges drawn from social media and current.com/theyoungturks addressed directly during the show each night.

“What we love about Cenk is that he has no fear,” noted Current TV President, David Bohrman. "He truly understands the power of media and has no qualms about expressing his sentiment, exactly as he sees it. His passion for the issues combined with his commitment to the truth makes The Young Turks an incredible addition to our lineup and another game-changer for Current TV."

A unique broadcast companion to Uygur’s “The Young Turks” web series about politics and pop culture (an Internet phenomenon which has generated in excess of half a billion video views), the former MSNBC host will be joined by many of the original contributors to the Young Turks webcasts including, Ana Kasparian, Jayar Jackson, Jesus Godoy, Wes Clark, Jr., Michael Shure and Brian Unger. A destination for context and insight into the news and issues that most impact viewers’ lives, “The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur” will also invite those with dissenting opinions onto his program in an effort to engage in a serious and productive discourse – discourse which most definitely has generated a passionate following for Uygur, with 30 million views per month on YouTube and viewership gains of 912% since July 2008.

Uygur, who recently anchored “MSNBC Live” at 6 p.m. ET, helped deliver that program’s strongest viewership among the 25-54 demographic and in total viewers since the show’s launch. Uygur has built a massive audience, that tunes in for and expects his independent, courageous and often-controversial point of view each weeknight.

Cenk Uygur Biography

Cenk Uygur is host of “The Young Turks,” the first live, daily web television political and pop culture commentary show.

Uygur is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania – Wharton School of Business and Columbia University Law School. He worked as a lawyer, television writer and television host before starting “The Young Turks.” Uygur also contributes to “The Huffington Post” and the “Daily Kos.”

About Current Media: Current Media, the Peabody-and Emmy Award-winning television and online network founded in 2005 by Al Gore and Joel Hyatt, features the very best in commentary and information programming. Home to the newly launched “Countdown with Keith Olbermann,” as well as the celebrated documentary series “Vanguard,” Current is dedicated to providing insightful analysis of important issues – and digging deep into real stories to uncover how they affect real people. Current shines a light where other networks won’t dare and boldly explores provocative subjects – opening minds, sparking conversations and forming deep connections with its viewers. Current creates the commentary and delivers the independent, unexpected point-of-view our viewers want and need to hear. Current is media that matters.

Current is now available via cable and satellite TV in 71 million households worldwide – 60 million in the US – through distribution partners Comcast (Channel 107); Time Warner Cable; DirecTV (Channel 358 nationwide); Dish Network (Channel 215 nationwide); Verizon FiOS (Channel 192) and AT&TU-verse (Channel 189).In the UK and Ireland, Current is available on BSkyB (Channel 183) and Virgin Media (Channel 155). Viewers can also find Current online at www.current.com. For more information on about "The Young Turks With Cenk Uygur" go to current.com/theyoungturks, follow the show on Twitter at @TYTonCurrent, or track the conversation using the hashtag #TYTonTV

Kristy
11-11-2011, 06:37 PM
This guy must be hung like a horse

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2011/9/7/1315418682121/Cenk-Uygur-of-the-Young-T-007.jpg

Satan
11-14-2011, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsbYx6hevoQ

Satan
11-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Really now, we all know better than that, don't we Moses?

Oh sure, it might not be in the official transcripts of Deuteronomy, but we both know all those profanities were flying when old Ramses was looking the other way.

Satan
11-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah, that whole "Red Sea" schtick was hilarious. I remember laughing my pointy tailed ass off the whole time. I didn't really think the Egyptians were going to be dumb enough to fall for that trap.

It was really a paperwork hassle down in Hell that night, but it was worth it. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Satan
11-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Nah, Ramses himself was OK, and he was totally under contract with me, but he had a lot of idiots working for him. Kinda like the Republicans today, actually.