PDA

View Full Version : The Stones and the Dead waiting for the helicopter to Altimont

Nitro Express
09-26-2011, 10:44 PM

Sensible Shoes
09-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Look how young Jagger looks.....

FORD
09-27-2011, 03:26 PM
"Charlie, go kiss that girl's forehead"

"NO"

Look at any fucking video the Stones ever made, and it's always Charlie's facial expressions that crack me up. He obviously HATES being on camera.

Mr. Vengeance
09-29-2011, 10:41 PM
The best part of this to me, is that Jerry Garcia is just going with the delay (drugs help I guess). He's happy as fuck!

VHscraps
09-30-2011, 05:03 AM
Cool clip. I don't remember that scene in the film Gimme Shelter, but it reminded me of another favourtie scene feature Jerry Garcia and a helicopter.

One of the inadvertantly funny bits of the Gimme Shelter movie is when Garcia has just arrived at Altamont and is seen talking with Michael Shrieve, the Santana drummer. Shrieve looks a bit freaked out, and is trying to tell Garcia that the Angels had been beating up people ion the audience - and even had a go at Marty Balin as the Jefferson Airplane played their set. Jerry Garcia is probably stoned out of his nut, and he sorta just stands there looking gormless with his cape on and says 'bummer, man'.

Of course, that's before the Stones went on and things got worse.

Anyone else like the Flying Burrito Brothers clip in that movie? Too damn short, that's the only problem.

This post is a good reminder that I need to go and listen to some late 60s Stones. Now.