PDA

View Full Version : Teabagging wackjob goes postal in Seal Beach CA, murders 8 people.

FORD
10-12-2011, 10:33 PM
8 killed in Seal Beach hair salon shooting
Suspect picked up by police near scene of massacre.
From staff and wire reports
Long Beach Press Telegram
Posted:10/12/2011 02:40:18 PM PDT

SEAL BEACH — Eight people were killed and one injured Wednesday in a shooting at a Seal Beach hair salon, and a suspect was taken into custody.

The shooting occurred at about 1:21 p.m. at Salon Meritage in the 500 block of Pacific Coast Highway, according to Sgt. Steve Bowles of the Seal Beach Police Department.

Six people were found dead throughout the salon, Seal Beach police Sgt. Steve Bowles said. Three other victims — two men and a 73-year-old woman — were taken to Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, where two of them subsequently died, he said.

Bowles said a suspect was arrested shortly after the shooting "without incident" about a half-mile from the salon.

"The officers identified the (suspect's) vehicle as it was leaving the location," Bowles told the station. "They followed it and made a traffic stop and took the driver into custody."

One of the officers who responded to the shots-fired call spotted the suspect leaving the parking lot, Bowles said. Within minutes, the unidentified man was arrested without incident about a half-mile from the salon, the sergeant said, describing the man as cooperative.

"We feel very confident we have the single and only suspect in custody," Bowles said.

A witness said that when the man was arrested he appeared to be wearing body armor.

Bowles said investigators were working to determine a motive, and were unsure if the suspect had any connection to the salon.

But a former salon employee, Lidia Sosa, told reporters that the suspect, whom she identified as "Scott," shot and killed his ex-wife. The two were embroiled in a custody battle, according to Sosa, who went to the crime scene when she heard the news.

The salon owner was among those killed in the attack, Sosa said. "The only thing I can tell you is (he) is in heaven tonight," she said.

Other witnesses identified the owner as Randy Fannin.

“He was just one of the nicest guys, the salt of the earth, a great guy,” said Leanne Crawford, who has been a client at the salon.

Her daughter, Harmony Crawford, 10, had also had her hair cut by Fannin.

“He was more like a best friend than a stylist,” she said.

Lorainne Bruielle, a salon employee who was not working Wednesday, identified the gunman as the husband or ex-husband of another employee.

Bruielle, who talked to the husband of one of the employees involved, said that one employee locked herself in the salon's facial room and was unharmed; another man locked himself in a bathroom but was wounded.

Another bystander, who declined to be identified, said, "He's crazy."

Police could not immediately confirm the bystanders' information.

"To preserve the integrity of this investigation we will not share any information about the shooter at this point," Bowles said late this afternoon.

Bowles said victims were found "throughout the entire salon," and "there are survivors from inside the salon that escaped without harm."

"It appears that the salon was busy at the time and it appears almost every hair station, if you will, was occupied," he said.

Jesse Barton of Long Beach said that his girlfriend, who works at another business in the shopping center, spoke with the owner of a pet grooming business who was the first to enter the salon next door following the shooting.

“She described it like a scene in a horror movie. There were bodies and blood everywhere,” Barton said.

One of the critically wounded survivors was found outside the salon in the parking lot, Bowles said, while the rest of the victims were located inside the business.

A weapon was recovered when the suspect was arrested, Bowles said, adding that the suspect apparently told the officers he had other weapons in his pickup truck.

Anyone concerned that a loved one was shot was encouraged to call Seal Beach police at 562-799-4100, Bowles said.

Family and friends of the victims had gathered across the street from the salon at the Marina Wedding Chapel at the Seal Beach Center for Spiritual Living, 500 Marina Dr. Many were hugging each other and crying.

One man who declined to give his name was clearly distraught.

"I don't have much to say," the man said. "My dad's dead."

Among those waiting to hear news of the victims was Jeannie Nagle, 46, who went to high school with one of the hair stylists and feared her friend had been killed.

“This just doesn't happen in Seal Beach,” Nagle said.

Multiple law enforcement jurisdictions responded to the scene, including Long Beach Police Department, Cypress Police Department, Los Alamitos Police Department, Orange County Sheriff's Department, Orange County Fire Department and Huntington Beach Fire Department.

Staff writers Tracy Manzer, Greg Mellen and Phillip Zonkel contributed to this report, along with City News Service.

FORD
10-12-2011, 10:40 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site204/2011/1012/20111012__PN13-SHOOTBODYARMOR_500.JPG
Body armor believed worn by the suspect in a shooting that killed eight people and wounded one other is held by police in an alley near Central Ave. between 11th and 12th streets in Seal Beach, Calif. on October 12, 2011. (Jeff Gritchen / Staff Photographer)

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site204/2011/1012/20111012__PN13-SHOOT_TRUCK_200.jpg
This vehicle, possibly belonging to a suspect in the shooting was parked about 1/2 mile from the scene. (Jeff Gritchen / Staff Photographer)

You can take a closer look at that suspect's vehicle here (http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site204/2011/1012/20111012__PN13-SHOOT_TRUCK.jpg). Be sure to note the license plate frame.....

FORD
10-12-2011, 10:42 PM
This, apparently, is the teabagger in question....

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site204/2011/1012/20111012__PN13-SEALSHOOTER_300.jpg

Seshmeister
10-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I've dated girls with smaller tits.

lesfunk
10-13-2011, 01:19 AM
How the fuck do you know this murdering asshole is a teabagger? Why is it always politics with you FORD? Jesus!

lesfunk
10-13-2011, 01:21 AM
I've dated girls with smaller tits.

and bigger guts?

Nitro Express
10-13-2011, 01:38 AM
This, apparently, is the teabagger in question....

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site204/2011/1012/20111012__PN13-SEALSHOOTER_300.jpg

Probably shot his gay lover who he caught teabagging someone else.

FORD
10-13-2011, 02:30 AM
How the fuck do you know this murdering asshole is a teabagger? Why is it always politics with you FORD? Jesus!

As I said, check out the license plate frame on his car. I'll even make it easy for you.........

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr38/dennisdonovan/shooter.jpg

FORD
10-13-2011, 02:31 AM
Probably shot his gay lover who he caught teabagging someone else.

Well, that would explain why he shot a hairdresser, I suppose.

Nitro Express
10-13-2011, 02:41 AM
Well, that would explain why he shot a hairdresser, I suppose.

Maybe he got a shitty haircut. Who knows. I have no idea what sets people off like that.

Nitro Express
10-13-2011, 02:44 AM
As I said, check out the license plate frame on his car. I'll even make it easy for you.........

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr38/dennisdonovan/shooter.jpg

Maybe he capped a teabagger and stole his car?:biggrin:

Nitro Express
10-13-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm licensed to carry a gun but I rarely do. Like Seal Beach we rarely have problems that necessitate responding with deadly force. Knowing my luck I will probably be in some restaurant when some asshole comes in with guns a blazing wishing I had my gun with me. A restaurant in Salt Lake City had a gun man come in a few days after I ate there and luckily there was an off duty police officer eating dinner with his wife. The officer dropped the fuck with a shot from his concealed pistol. The gunman had a 12 guage shotgun and a whole backpack full of shells. If nobody was armed he would have made quite the carnage scene. Crazy world.

Seshmeister
10-13-2011, 05:49 AM
If they gave you a license who do they refuse one to? :)

Nitro Express
10-13-2011, 10:53 AM
If they gave you a license who do they refuse one to? :)

felons and people with a history of mental illness.

jhale667
10-13-2011, 11:11 AM

Pretty sure apart from the license plate photo FORD posted, it'd been alluded to in some of the local the news reports I saw too...

Besides, who else but a teabagger not only OWNS a bulletproof vest, but would even feel the need to wear one to go assassinate his (presumably unarmed) WIFE at her job - in a HAIR SALON???

Nitro Express
10-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Pretty sure apart from the license plate photo FORD posted, it'd been alluded to in some of the local the news reports I saw too...

Besides, who else but a teabagger not only OWNS a bulletproof vest, but would even feel the need to wear one to go assassinate his (presumably unarmed) WIFE at her job - in a HAIR SALON???

Usually a person that is planning on holding the Alamo and shooting it out with the cops. Many of these people are borderline suicidal and angry at the world. Only that type of person mass kills. A more normal person would just kill their wife. Usually if they are wearing body armor it's a game of thinking they can get away with it or it allows them to kill more people in a blaze of glory. It's probably an ego thing more than anything else. What's weird is the guy didn't put up much resistance when the police got him. Very strange.

Such a person is usually narcissistic. You have to remember narcissists have no feelings regarding others and only care about themselves. They have no normal human conscience. They love attention even if it's bad. Sometimes they love to get arrested; especially, if it's being covered on the news. I bet when they break this guy down they will find that exact personality trait. These people live in a universe a normal thinking person just can't understand because they don't want to hurt people. A narcissist could care less as long as their twisted fantasies become fulfilled.

lesfunk
10-13-2011, 01:57 PM

I guess the point I was trying to make (I couldn't see the license plate holder in the tiny pic FORD posted first) was do you really think this was some kind of politically motivated killer?
I tend to believe that guy would have snapped and shot up the salon no matter what his party affiliation. If you really believe that teabaggers are all blood thirsty maniacs (which is pretty much what this thread suggests) You're fucked up.
To politicize the deaths of these innocent people is a shitty thing to do. I don't care who you (or they) vote for.

FORD
10-13-2011, 02:13 PM
If you want to know why teabaggers are insane and violent, just listen to BecKKK, Savage Weiner, Neil Boortz, or convicted felon G. Gordon Liddy for 5 minutes. Odds are you will either hear them tell their listeners to kill somebody, or that somebody is trying to kill them.

Now imagine what would happen to your mind if you listen to that shit every day.

ThrillsNSpills
10-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Maybe he got a shitty haircut. Who knows. I have no idea what sets people off like that.

Probably couldn't find his bra.

Nitro Express
10-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Probably couldn't find his bra.

Maybe they had a day spa where the colonic and liposuction failed to get the advertised results. Too bad they just didn't put him in an electric tanning bed and locked him in it until he turned into a big piece of beef jerky. That would have taken the pounds off.

Nitro Express
10-13-2011, 03:46 PM
If you want to know why teabaggers are insane and violent, just listen to BecKKK, Savage Weiner, Neil Boortz, or convicted felon G. Gordon Liddy for 5 minutes. Odds are you will either hear them tell their listeners to kill somebody, or that somebody is trying to kill them.

Now imagine what would happen to your mind if you listen to that shit every day.

Where are those dudes? Half I never even heard of. All that is on the radio here is Hannity and Rush. Beck is gone. I didn't even know G.Gordon Liddy was still alive.

Nitro Express
10-13-2011, 03:57 PM
I guess the point I was trying to make (I couldn't see the license plate holder in the tiny pic FORD posted first) was do you really think this was some kind of politically motivated killer?
I tend to believe that guy would have snapped and shot up the salon no matter what his party affiliation. If you really believe that teabaggers are all blood thirsty maniacs (which is pretty much what this thread suggests) You're fucked up.
To politicize the deaths of these innocent people is a shitty thing to do. I don't care who you (or they) vote for.

What happened had zero to do with politics. I get pretty tired of both sides demonizing the other side without offering any real solutions. What I want to hear is what plan you have to fix things and how you are going to do it. Just running Obama for another term is no solution. So I guess being fixated and focused on anything you can blame on the conservatives makes people feel better about their own teams failures including selling out to the banks and corporations. From what I understand that traditionally was a right wing problem only because the politicians on the left cared too much about the people to do such a thing. As far as I'm concerned there is no Democrat or Republican party anymore. Just a bunch of citizens who got screwed. Now if you want to blame some disturbed individual on one or the other go ahead if it makes you feel any better but it won't solve a thing. To be honest the Democrat Party died with Kennedy. That was the last of it. To be honest it was the party that would have eliminated the Federal Reserve, put a leash on the CIA, and probably would have avoided the Vietnam War. I can see why people still dream about those ideals. The party sold out or caved in in the 1960's.

FORD
10-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Where are those dudes? Half I never even heard of. All that is on the radio here is Hannity and Rush. Beck is gone. I didn't even know G.Gordon Liddy was still alive.

BecKKK's latest insane statements are at about 30 seconds into this clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRizCtIgg6o

Little Texan
10-13-2011, 08:28 PM
What I want to know is why these assholes can't just kill the person they are angry with, and why they have to take out a bunch of other innocent people? It seems like this sort of thing happens on a daily basis...you'll have a coward that kills his wife and kids, then shoots himself, or goes on a rampage shooting innocent people because he's pissed off at the world for some reason and then offs himself, only this one didn't kill himself afterward. What the fuck makes people do shit like this?

ashstralia
10-13-2011, 08:33 PM
your gun laws need a serious overhaul. yeah, i know, second amendment and i'm an aussie and what would i know.

Seshmeister
10-14-2011, 05:27 AM
http://www.piecomic.com/strips/2011-10-11-882.jpg

BigBadBrian
10-14-2011, 06:24 AM
FORD, you need a girlfriend.

:gulp:

FORD
10-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Sure I do, but how the Hell is that relevant to this thread?