PDA

View Full Version : A little reality check regarding the Tea Party and Wall Street protests.

Nitro Express
10-16-2011, 02:33 AM
A pretty good rant for an old fart.

Seshmeister
10-16-2011, 05:45 AM
You're younger than I imagined... :)

BigBadBrian
10-16-2011, 06:59 AM
http://www.webspam.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/no-spam-2x1-300x300.gif

BigBadBrian
10-16-2011, 07:00 AM
You're younger than I imagined... :)

No, that's Nitro's offspring.

FORD
10-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Let me guess.... you call it "spam" because you can't refute anything the guy says? :biggrin:

Nitro Express
10-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Let me guess.... you call it "spam" because you can't refute anything the guy says? :biggrin:

I liked how he made the point the Tea Party in it's infancy was a revolt against corporate bailouts and then got hijacked by the same corporations they were protesting. They will try and do it with these Wall Street protests as well. People need to question everything and don't buy into things too easy. Use your brain and don't let emotions get in the way of sound judgment. We are going to be sold all sorts of stuff that does not have our best interest. Like Rahm Immanuel said, they never let a crisis go to waste.

FORD
10-17-2011, 02:35 AM
That actually was the one thing the guy said that I did NOT agree with, because if there were ever a "grass roots" tea party, I never saw it.

That shit was bankrolled by KKKoch Brothers front groups (such as the DICK Arm(e)y) and hyped by FAUX Noize and that fucking Wall $treet whore lunatic Rick Santelli on CNBC from the beginning.

Unchainme
10-17-2011, 07:38 PM
That actually was the one thing the guy said that I did NOT agree with, because if there were ever a "grass roots" tea party, I never saw it.

That shit was bankrolled by KKKoch Brothers front groups (such as the DICK Arm(e)y) and hyped by FAUX Noize and that fucking Wall $treet whore lunatic Rick Santelli on CNBC from the beginning.

Fuck if I can find the audio.

I swear in '08 there was a guy who was a Ron Paul supporter calling into a conservative talk show (I think limbaugh or hannity), begging them to come to a Tea Party rally that was quickly laughed off by the host.

It was a Ron Paul thing that morphed into a little conservative call for fiscal gov't.

sadaist
10-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Not watching Edgar Winter rant for 10 minutes. But if OWS is to be taken seriously they need to coalesce with some common goals. They have to be a little more specific. They must try to get out the few troublemakers & lawbreakers just as the Tea Party must try to get out the few radical racists. A fucked few make the whole group look bad.

They need to be more than just a bunch of kids that are pissed & broke and don't truly understand why other than mean evil Wall Street executives. They need to have a message & actually know what it is. So many of these people have no idea what they really want to see happen and just know they want something to happen. Again, coalesce.

And before they are screaming & holding signs that they represent the 99%, they need to take some actual polls. I would fit into the 99% and am not a supporter of OWS. many like me. I suppose "We are the 12.4%" might not have the same sting to it.