PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd - Another Sign Of The End Times

Kristy
10-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Been quite some time since I found myself in a record store (simply because many don't exist anymore) when, before my eyes, there appears to be the entire Pink Floyd "Remasters." And it's pretty much their entire boring, redundant, sloppy proggy rock sleepy time music catalog - including a another issues of 'Dark Side' only with a live version recording of this dismal crap for aging stoners for reminiscing purposes would be my best guess.

Anyway, great. Isn't it? Oh, and let's not forget these have been reissued in the digipak format which anyone can guess is how these corporate rock stars (Pink Floyd is owned by EMI now owned by Terra Firma the greedy assholes who threatened Spotify) can rob you with a conscious that what they are doing is somehow environmentally friendly.

So...it's the same old shit - 70 to late 70's recording technology - rehashed, repacked, refucked ready your eager dollar. Nothing like listening to 'Comfortably Numb' with some minor tweakage, reverb modifications and some "bottom end" for your toking pleasure(s). Enjoy, gullible consumer, Davey and Roger need new Jags.

Fuckers.

Satan
10-25-2011, 02:18 PM
So are they selling this a big huge box set? And if so, that means you're forced to pay for those crappy Gilmour solo albums that he sold under the Pink Floyd name??

Satan
10-25-2011, 02:19 PM
If they actually included the live "Dark Side" concert, I suppose that's a good thing, but I've had that on bootleg for years, and it sounds most unholy as it is.

Shaun Ponsonby
10-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Been quite some time since I found myself in a record store (simply because many don't exist anymore) when, before my eyes, there appears to be the entire Pink Floyd "Remasters." And it's pretty much their entire boring, redundant, sloppy proggy rock sleepy time music catalog - including a another issues of 'Dark Side' only with a live version recording of this dismal crap for aging stoners for reminiscing purposes would be my best guess.

Anyway, great. Isn't it? Oh, and let's not forget these have been reissued in the digipak format which anyone can guess is how these corporate rock stars (Pink Floyd is owned by EMI now owned by Terra Firma the greedy assholes who threatened Spotify) can rob you with a conscious that what they are doing is somehow environmentally friendly.

So...it's the same old shit - 70 to late 70's recording technology - rehashed, repacked, refucked ready your eager dollar. Nothing like listening to 'Comfortably Numb' with some minor tweakage, reverb modifications and some "bottom end" for your toking pleasure(s). Enjoy, gullible consumer, Davey and Roger need new Jags.

Fuckers.

Nice, balanced arguments there.

Kristy
10-25-2011, 02:23 PM
So are they selling this a big huge box set? And if so, that means you're forced to pay for those crappy Gilmour solo albums that he sold under the Pink Floyd name??

Yes. It's called (wait for it) "Discovery" and for just under $200 you can discover that you've been had.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41wp9Li7BuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Satan
10-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Discovery looks like a big ripoff, since it's just the same old albums you heard 30 years ago. The individual "Immersion" remasters look a little more interesting - though it would obviously cost a lot more in the long run, if they actually put one out for every album. At least there's extra material there (the live Dark Side gig is actually in the Immersion box and not in the Discovery set)

http://www.musicbyday.com/new-pink-floyd-remastered-box-sets-discovery-immersion/929/

Like I said before, I already have this live show, and the Immersion edition of "The Wall" looks like a bunch of stuff I already have as well, but some of the other albums like "Wish You Were Here" look interesting.

Maybe I'll just ask Rick Wright where the masters are and make my own custom copies? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Nitro Express
10-25-2011, 05:08 PM

Fuckers.

I take it you didn't buy it and smashed all the Led Zepplelin CD's justifying it as cleaning up the environment and CD's are obsolete anyways.

Kristy
10-25-2011, 05:15 PM
I don't see the point. Even with 21st Century technology being used for what was recorded in the 70's should remain in the 70's. Zeppy plagiarist Jimmy Boy repackaged himself back in the 90's when he FINALLY realized the whole Coverdale/Page parody was going nowhere. These fucking rock stars, man. When will they learn?

Diamondjimi
10-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Don't like it? Don't fucking buy it. Simple as that.

And for your next thread, Fishfolds. Why not make one about the whoring of the Queen catalogue?

Mr. Vengeance
10-25-2011, 07:42 PM
I have never understood the love for this band. They bore me. They also depress me. I can't imagine drinking while listening to their albums because I'd kill myself.

Diamondjimi
10-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Smoke weed....

Diamondjimi
10-25-2011, 07:45 PM

Fuckers.

Why don't you log out and go back to finger bangin yerself to your scratchy Cure records....

Kristy
10-25-2011, 08:03 PM
I have never understood the love for this band. They bore me. They also depress me. I can't imagine drinking while listening to their albums because I'd kill myself.

Good thing you're not an alcoholic. I'm sure this band is responsible for more suicides than what any shitty Cure record could ever do.

Diamondjimi
10-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Whatever.... :rolleyes:

Diamondjimi
10-25-2011, 08:34 PM

Diamondjimi
10-25-2011, 08:35 PM

Diamondjimi
10-25-2011, 08:36 PM

Diamondjimi
10-25-2011, 08:36 PM

Diamondjimi
10-25-2011, 08:37 PM

lesfunk
10-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Pink Floyd is far from the first group to pull this kind of shit. Some people will always re-buy the same music when it comes in a different box with a little booklet.
I purchased the latest reissue of Diary of a Madman CD, not because I need another copy of that record, but because it came with that Live CD with Randy Rhoads really burning.
A $200.00 Floyd box set? nah not for me.

Satan
10-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Don't like it? Don't fucking buy it. Simple as that.

And for your next thread, Fishfolds. Why not make one about the whoring of the Queen catalogue?

No argument needed there. Just buy "The Crown Jewels" box and that's all the Queen you ever need

http://i19.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0407/e6/b4e19e7945c0e92c943b9c71c5c366e6.jpg

chefcraig
10-25-2011, 10:19 PM
What gets me is that although they repackage these albums every few years, they never get around to re-releasing Relics in it's original form. The one time the album was reissued on CD, it sounded horrendous and they replaced the damned cover. Of course you could get The Early Singles compilation, but only if you purchased the crummy, overpriced and incomplete box set it came in the last time these guys reissued their albums.

Mr. Vengeance
10-25-2011, 11:09 PM
It is true that bands keep re-releasing the same albums over and over as "remastered"....it's such a fucking scam! In all honesty, did you derive any more pleaseure from hearing The Stones "Sticky Fingers" remastered for the 3rd time, than you did hearing it on vinyl????

Of course you didn't. In fact, you got less pleasure out of it, because you paid to hear the same music again!!!

wolfsbane
10-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Fuck all y'all

Diamondjimi
10-26-2011, 12:56 AM
And you are?

Mr Walker
10-26-2011, 08:08 AM
I have it (didn't buy it)... they did a nice job remastering the material IMO.

Shaun Ponsonby
10-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Before becoming engaged in the remastering debate, I'd just like to point out that no-one who likes Pink Floyd cares that you don't...so, the Floyd-bashing is rather pointless (although, interestingly, you cared enough to start a thread on them).

Anyhoo...

For the most part, remasters are kinda pointless, I agree. Unless there is a great improvement in the sound, the album in question has been hard to come by for a significant length of time or there's some really worthwhile extras in there. Last year's remastering of Springsteen's "Darkness on the Edge of Town" was a an example on how to do it...3 CDs and 3 DVDs full of bonus tracks, live footage and documentaries...I can't even fathom the amount of time it took to put it together (I know someone's gonna come out with "yeah, but Bruce sucks"...but you should at least concede that, as a product, it was a worthy product for his fans). There are some albums I would like to see remastered (Prince's back catalogue could do with an overhaul, for example) and recently there's been more albums remastered on 180 gram vinyl, which sounds far superior. But on the whole there is too much of it right now.

On the other hand...perhaps an objective of this kind of remastering prohect is to introduce the artist's music to the next generation? There was a helluva lot of publicity surrounding the Floyd remasters...if it made younger folk sit up and say "what's that all about?", then it's a good thing.

Coyote
10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Umm... I already have all the Pink Floyd CD's I want: "Dark Side..." and "The Wall".

Kristy
10-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Before becoming engaged in the remastering debate, I'd just like to point out that no-one who likes Pink Floyd cares that you don't...so, the Floyd-bashing is rather pointless (although, interestingly, you cared enough to start a thread on them).

For one, I'm not bashing them. Okay, so I am. And while I think Pink Floyd are one of the most boring, downright sophomoric bands to ever be signed to a major record label why is there a need to put out ANOTHER "Remastered" series? Certainly Roger and his blow job buddy Dave don't need the money (unless there is a new Bentley, airplane or Manhattan apartment they want to buy) and even if I was a Pink Floyd fan I wold be somewhat offended by this move in that I'm being milked for their greed. Plus, this whole "new remastered" format seems to be tweaked for the Mp3/ACC format listening in that no one really buys CD's anymore and this process is most likely geared for downloaded listening. And, and most likely, seeing what EMI did with The Beatles in downloading royalties wanting a lager percentage of profit over other downloads would it be a safe bet that Pinky is doing the same with this series? So why support it?

wolfsbane
10-26-2011, 09:43 PM
So, let me explain myself.

First, I like Pink Floyd. Glimour is amazing. I have all the albums that I want. Will I buy the remasters? No.

Do I buy remasters? Yes.

I buy all the Who remasters. Every one. I mostly buy them for the extra tracks, but the sound is different most of the time, and it is refreshing to hear the different mixes.

I'd like to think that there are mostly open minded people here. I don't like hearing that some band or artist sucks. If someone wants to start a thread by saying someone sucks, it is annoying. I can choose to ignore it, just like you can ignore bands you don't like.

So, as far as this thread is concerned, fuck all y'all.

Satan
10-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Well, some of the Who remasters were justified, because pretty much ANY thing issued on CD by MCA in the late 80's sounded like shit. I swear they used the cassette to master some of those things. But Pink Floyd has already done this to death. And any Pink Floyd box should stop at "The Final Cut". If you like the Gilmour solo albums, then by all means listen to them. Just don't tell me I have to do it, just to get a decent copy of "Meddle".

Matt White
10-26-2011, 10:04 PM
LOVE the Floyd......incredible...in their time...which is why the ORB cut that cd with Dave....

"remasters"??? Not a chance.....

Read the Peter Grant Bio....and how he called CDS the greatest scam ever...selling people music they already owned....a 3rd time! (LPs, cassettes, and then CDS)

They've got enough of my money....put anything made before 1990 on AM radio......lets move on

twonabomber
10-26-2011, 10:37 PM
are we sure we should be blaming the band for the remasters, and not the record company?

sonrisa salvaje
10-26-2011, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't buy this but i'll tell you what i would: remasters of the Roger Waters solo albums with bonus material.

Kristy
10-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Well, some of the Who remasters were justified, because pretty much ANY thing issued on CD by MCA in the late 80's sounded like shit. I swear they used the cassette to master some of those things. But Pink Floyd has already done this to death. And any Pink Floyd box should stop at "The Final Cut". If you like the Gilmour solo albums, then by all means listen to them. Just don't tell me I have to do it, just to get a decent copy of "Meddle".

Some of those Who remasters "bonus tracks" were actually better then the original CD itself. I didn't mind the live bootlegs on Face Dances but (and they is always one to be found here) the BBC Sessions should have never seen the light of day. If you like Pink Floyd, great. I just never got into that whole mind-numbing proggy-rock shit. Maybe it's before my time, a 70's limey art rock stint. And it's not just limited to Floyd: Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, ELP were just as dull.

See this? Never will understated it, I'm afraid

http://www.weedfarm.com/images/otherimages/CV10295.jpg

"Have you walked on the stones of years? When you speak, is it you that hears? Are your ears full? You can't hear anything at all."

Well thank fuck for that.

Nitro Express
10-27-2011, 02:26 AM
I don't own one Pink Floyd album. I remember seeing The Wall in the theater and going what the fuck? What a journey into madness that was. A mixture of depressing British culture with drugs basically.

sonrisa salvaje
10-27-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't own one Pink Floyd album. I remember seeing The Wall in the theater and going what the fuck? What a journey into madness that was. A mixture of depressing British culture with drugs basically.

We salute you Major Buzzkill.

Shaun Ponsonby
10-28-2011, 03:16 PM
For one, I'm not bashing them. Okay, so I am. And while I think Pink Floyd are one of the most boring, downright sophomoric bands to ever be signed to a major record label why is there a need to put out ANOTHER "Remastered" series? Certainly Roger and his blow job buddy Dave don't need the money (unless there is a new Bentley, airplane or Manhattan apartment they want to buy) and even if I was a Pink Floyd fan I wold be somewhat offended by this move in that I'm being milked for their greed. Plus, this whole "new remastered" format seems to be tweaked for the Mp3/ACC format listening in that no one really buys CD's anymore and this process is most likely geared for downloaded listening. And, and most likely, seeing what EMI did with The Beatles in downloading royalties wanting a lager percentage of profit over other downloads would it be a safe bet that Pinky is doing the same with this series? So why support it?

If this is the sore spot for you that it appears to be (by which I mean being given the choice whether or not buy remastered editions of albums you say you find boring, which means it is unlikely that you'll ever even entertain the idea), then I definitely envy your life.

Actually...does downloading outsell physical sales yet? Last time i checked they were about neck and neck (though, I haven't seen anything in a while). Either way, there will always be a market for physical sales. The 40% increase in vinyl sales proves that.

Kristy
10-28-2011, 10:53 PM
If this is the sore spot for you that it appears to be (by which I mean being given the choice whether or not buy remastered editions of albums you say you find boring, which means it is unlikely that you'll ever even entertain the idea), then I definitely envy your life.

Could care less. This whole remastering bullshit is akin to Lucus and his Star Wars tinkering. Fuck with it here, fuck with it there until what's left is so far removed for the original that you end up fucking with that too just to get it back. And Pink Floyd ARE boring. Boring as shit. Okay, give Gilmour some credit but Waters is a pseudo-political/intellectual asshole Blah blah blah, no one knows what it's like to be a multi-millionaire rockstar like me, blah, blah, blah, my dead father, blah, blah, blah, Thatcher, blah, blah, blah and you buy into this sophomoric bullshit and believe it has meaning.

ThatArtGuy
10-28-2011, 11:01 PM
I wonder if my reviews of the Van Halen remasters are still on here somewhere. They're brilliant when played on an HDCD player.

Nitro Express
10-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Lucus and his Star Wars tinkering.

What a fucking disaster that was.

Kristy
10-28-2011, 11:05 PM
And Waters is such hypocritical prick. Fuck him and his anti-war stance when he sucked the dick of EMI - who are a known missile weapons manufacturer - for years.

Nitro Express
10-28-2011, 11:08 PM
And Waters is such hypocritical prick. Fuck him and his anti-war stance when he sucked the dick of EMI - who are a known missile weapons manufacturer - for years.

...and land mines. Don't forget the land mines. How many little children have had their legs blown off because of EMI landmines? It's all a big burrito of hypocritical shit. Trying to find a real institution or person is about as difficult as finding a virgin who wants to give all her money to charity at the Playboy mansion.

Kristy
10-28-2011, 11:12 PM
...and land mines. Don't forget the land mines. How many little children have had their legs blown off because of EMI landmines? It's all a big burrito of hypocritical shit. Trying to find a real institution or person is about as difficult as finding a virgin who wants to give all her money to charity at the Playboy mansion.

That's right. And every fucked-in-the-head conspirator nutjob knows Princes Diana was killed by EMI for taking a stand against them.

FORD
10-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Read the Peter Grant Bio....and how he called CDS the greatest scam ever...selling people music they already owned....a 3rd time! (LPs, cassettes, and then CDS)

An ironic statement, given the number of times the Zeppelin catalog has been released, remastered, and repackaged over the last 25 years.

Not that Grant had anything to do with that- he was already dead before their first round of CD's came out. But obviously Jimmy Page didn't take his old manager's word on the subject very seriously.

Oops.... did I just make it easier for Kristy to bash Zeppelin and Floyd in the same thread? :peep:

FORD
10-28-2011, 11:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnkDITDZT-M

Kristy
10-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Oops.... did I just make it easier for Kristy to bash Zeppelin and Floyd in the same thread? :peep:

Nope. I'm pretty much done with Zeppelin. Unless that plagiarist limey bastard sticks his head out and goes through another mid-life type of crisis like he did when he joined the Black Crowes. What gets me if that Plant is now this self-professed Americana singer trying to hump the likes of Allison Krauss and Patti Griffith like he was 25.

Nitro Express
10-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Paggie must have figured in Britain you could rip off all those American musicians and nobody would notice.

FORD
10-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Well, you can't really blame the guy for that........

http://www.himho.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/alison-krauss-and-robert-plant.jpg

Kristy
10-29-2011, 12:26 AM
Have you listened to that "Band Of Joy" nonsense he's doing? It's awful. And that makes me sad because I happen to like Patti Griffin

Nitro Express
10-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Well, you can't really blame the guy for that........

http://www.himho.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/alison-krauss-and-robert-plant.jpg

He looks like Sammy fucking Hagar in that photo. All he needs to do now is bang on the window and try and sell us a bottle of tequila.

ashstralia
10-29-2011, 05:11 AM
breathe; breathe in the air. don't be afraid to care.

FORD
10-29-2011, 05:45 AM
Have you listened to that "Band Of Joy" nonsense he's doing? It's awful. And that makes me sad because I happen to like Patti Griffin

Band of Joy? Wasn't that the group he and Bonzo were in BEFORE Zeppelin? Like when Plant was fucking 16 years old??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJsAUczoaM0

VAiN
10-29-2011, 12:35 PM

I also don't own a Pink Floyd album and pretty much feel the same way you do. I just don't get it..

binnie
10-29-2011, 01:09 PM
I respect Plant for realizing that a Led Zep reunion would inevitably disappoint and just doing whatever he wants.

Yeah, he's old. But the songs on those Americana records are good.

Kristy
10-29-2011, 01:42 PM
I suppose in his age and with the amount of money he has (more than God by last estimates) Plant can do anything he wants including rehashing Zep songs - without Zeppelin.

It still sucks though

Satan
10-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Probably as good of a time as any to throw in Pink Floyd's first performance in 25 years (which unfortunately also turned out to be their last).....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGOFDy7T_aM

Heater
10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Now, is Dave's desperation country shit any better than plant's post-Zep rehashes? Fuck nope! Plant never had to grovel, sell out or embarrass his legacy. But our Davey? It's a shame that "Jump" is VH's "Stairway". But then Cowboy Dave and his blinding ego make it that much worse. it reminds me of how Pete's Brother paraphrased one of FORD's pompous,inaccurate journalistic manifestos and made both look that much more.......

Kristy
10-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Dave still has the voice. About it, really.

jpage78
10-29-2011, 03:53 PM
An ironic statement, given the number of times the Zeppelin catalog has been released, remastered, and repackaged over the last 25 years.

Not that Grant had anything to do with that- he was already dead before their first round of CD's came out. But obviously Jimmy Page didn't take his old manager's word on the subject very seriously.

Jimmy Page is a victim of his own unwillingness to step outside himself...therefore he has resorted to whoring out his own legacy in various digital formats. Sad really. Last "good" thing Page did was Coverdale Page and that was nearly 20 years ago (despite what people think of David Coverdale, he did at least extract some inspire solos and songs from Page). Since then? A brief stint as Robert Plant's solo band guitar player (Page & Plant), a brief couple of tours with the Black Crowes, and the Zep reunion four years ago. Whoop de shit.

Catalog whoring is old had, and quite honestly Van Halen hasn't participated in NEARLY as much as their 70's contemporaries. I fear that the only reason this hasn't happened yet is because Ed and Al are too lazy to do it, not because they have anything against it. There's loads of live recordings and demo recordings that need a clean up and release. That would be a goldmine.

VAiN
10-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Dave still has the voice. About it, really.

No! Dave has 'Dave'.. It will never go away and becomes a more finly tuned instrument as we move along..

Kristy
10-29-2011, 04:19 PM
I was talking about Dave Gilmour. Floyd still blows.

sonrisa salvaje
10-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Floyd still blows.

How about you?

wolfsbane
10-31-2011, 11:28 PM
Loved it when Plant opened for the Who in New york and Townshend said, " It's what's left of Robert Plant opening for what's left of the Who."

Shaun Ponsonby
11-01-2011, 05:43 PM

Everybody is a hypocrite. even more so when they're a contractionally obliged hypocrite.

Satan
11-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Loved it when Plant opened for the Who in New york and Townshend said, " It's what's left of Robert Plant opening for what's left of the Who."

Well, Plant can't hit all those Zeppelin high notes anymore (he couldn't hit some of them in 1973, for Hell's sake) but he still sounds better than Daltrey on that last tour or that godawful super bowl performance.

wolfsbane
11-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Don't want to get into a pissing contest or a flame war. The point of the statement was that both are not even close to the talents they once were.

To be fair, Daltey's voice was bad on endless wire, the 2006 tour and at superbowl. He had surgery on the pipes since then and is much better now.

Sorry, couldn't help but try to piss farther than you.

Shaun Ponsonby
11-01-2011, 09:04 PM
To be fair, Daltey's voice was bad on endless wire, the 2006 tour and at superbowl. He had surgery on the pipes since then and is much better now.

True, actually. Although, I think the Superbowl was literally just a few weeks after his surgery, so he was still a bit shaky. But I saw him over the summer and I was surprised at how much his voice had improved. He said from the stage that since his surgery he realised how much he loves singing because it was nearly taken away from him. So, he appears to be taking better care of it. Having said that, he did play a nearly 3-hour set too (including, I must say, a nice little surprise for me at the end when he played Blue, Red & Grey alone on a ukelele to finish off...great stuff).

But, then, I've always thought The Who were a bazillion times better than Led Zep could ever wish to be anyway...so I'm bound to make excuses.

Nitro Express
11-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Well, Plant can't hit all those Zeppelin high notes anymore (he couldn't hit some of them in 1973, for Hell's sake) but he still sounds better than Daltrey on that last tour or that godawful super bowl performance.

The only two people who ever pulled off a good Super Bowl performance were Prince who even had to play in the rain and Michael Jackson. All the rest seem to get hit by kyptonite or something. The talent seems to fade as suckyness rolls in.

I have no idea how a football game morphed into such a goon fest of so called entertainment and it has to be the only thing going that people watch the commercials for entertainment. The Super Bowl is just weird.

Satan
11-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Not true. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers were great. (Of course they always do a solid live show, so no surprise there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haCk5XFj1lw

Satan
11-01-2011, 09:39 PM
The Boss was great too, even though it was easily the shortest set he ever played in his life....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hah53AF-uQU

chefcraig
11-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Say what you will about Bono and his posturing at times, but the show U2 played post 9/11 was one of the most inspired and moving spectacles ever aired on television.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og0V1UtjPt4

Terry
11-01-2011, 10:16 PM
It is true that bands keep re-releasing the same albums over and over as "remastered"....it's such a fucking scam! In all honesty, did you derive any more pleaseure from hearing The Stones "Sticky Fingers" remastered for the 3rd time, than you did hearing it on vinyl????

Of course you didn't. In fact, you got less pleasure out of it, because you paid to hear the same music again!!!

Even beyond the money, older albums that were released back when vinyl was the primary format just don't sound right to my ears when updated and cleaned up for a cd release.

Hardrock69
11-02-2011, 06:12 AM
That's right. And every fucked-in-the-head conspirator nutjob knows Princes Diana was killed by EMI for taking a stand against them.

Kristy, EMI is now out to kill you for criticizing them, lol.

Hardrock69
11-02-2011, 06:20 AM
1. I don't care for all of the PF stuff. I like Animals, DSOTM and Wish You Were Here. I saw The Wall when it had it's theatrical release. Went to see it at a midnight showing while tripping on acid. Big mistake. One of the most depressing films I have ever seen. That very night I swore I would NEVER see that film again. And I have not. I have no desire to. Nor have I listened to the album, with the exceptions of what I have heard on the radio, or seen cover bands play.

2. Robert Plant's most recent album is with a group of Nashville musicians, and he named the band "The Band Of Joy". He and Patty Griffin are a couple now. He is apparently in Nashville right now. Dunno how permanent his presence here is, but he has lived here on and off for the past decade.

3. Led Zep's first round of CDs came out long before Peter Grant died. He kicked the bucket in 1995. I owned Led Zep CDs years before then.

4. I am all for remastering if it actually improves the mix and the sound quality. If it is just a cash grab, I don't give a fuck. Thing is, this new series of remasters supposedly is just the beginning. Nick Mason made some comment about how they were going to be releasing all kinds of rare stuff that has never seen the light of day. From what I have read somewhere, we will be seeing film, outtakes, alternate takes, alternate mixes, unreleased tunes, etc. in the future.

5. Was in a friend of mine's record shop a few days ago. Happened to find an original vinyl copy of Robin Trower Live, recorded in Stockholm in 1975. I took the album out of the sleeve......it was like new. As if it had never been played. So my friend let me borrow it so I could record it. A pristine copy of the album. Woot!

Got it home, ran it into an early 70s MacIntosh hi-fi power amp, then out into my PC. Used some plugins to remove clicks, pops, and general noise. Sounds like gold.

6. I was surprised at the sound of the original mix on Ozzy's first two solo albums when I downloaded pristine UK release vinyl rips not too long ago. Sounded sort of muddy to me. But, those were the original mixes. And no fucking way was I going to give any more of my cash to that cunt Sharon.

Seshmeister
11-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Kristy, EMI is now out to kill you for criticizing them, lol.

I could be wrong but I strongly suspect at some point a fuckwit conspiracist on the internet has seen the term EMI landmine and got confused. EMI in this case stands for Electromagnetic induction not the record company.

Smoke em if you got em...

Seshmeister
11-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Say what you will about Bono and his posturing at times, but the show U2 played post 9/11 was one of the most inspired and moving spectacles ever aired on television.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og0V1UtjPt4

There is no one else in the history of human culture who is better than Bono at turning other peoples tragedy into theatre and success.

I now carry a donor card that says 'In the event of me dying in tragic circumstances I forbid Bono from making money from it'.

Seshmeister
11-02-2011, 08:09 AM

It must be terrible for Plant and Page when they look at their old groupies from the 1970s now and see them in their 40s...

wolfsbane
11-02-2011, 09:54 AM
I think I agree with most of the recent posts.

Haven't listened to Plant since Now and Zen. Haven't listened to Page since the Firm. What happened to all that talent from Zep? Where did it go?

chefcraig
11-02-2011, 10:01 AM
What happened to all that talent from Zep? Where did it go?

It all went with John Paul Jones. The man has quietly put out more interesting music in the past decade or so than all of the Plant/Page collaborations and solo works combined.

Nitro Express
11-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Eddie Kramer was doing a recording workshop and during the question and answer thing one person in the audience asked why Page and Plant never included John Paul Jones in any of their post Zeppelin projects. Eddie flat out said John Paul Jones was an excellent musician and Pagie and Plant probably on purpose didn't want him involved due to the fear of being upstaged. Kramer also said Page is a complete control freak and nothing happens by accident with that guy. Everything is planned and calculated.

Shaun Ponsonby
11-02-2011, 05:07 PM
The only two people who ever pulled off a good Super Bowl performance were Prince who even had to play in the rain and Michael Jackson.

I thought Michael Jackson's was shite, lazy, lip-synched nonesense (and I'm a fan). He even forgot to use his fake high-pitched voice when he spoke.

I've watched them with interest, though. I noted that The Who's just seemed weird rather than bad. Something was odd about it. Stones and McCartney were a bit "meh".

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers were good, though they don't really suit all the fireworks, big stage set ups etc, do they? And also 3 out of the 4 songs were Petty solo songs. Prince and Springsteen nailed it, though.

Seeing as Prince's hasn't been posted yet...

Shaun Ponsonby
11-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Oh...and I forgot to mention Janet Jackson's tits. Possibly the most avant garde Superbowl performance piece.

Hardrock69
11-02-2011, 06:03 PM
The next step is for George Michael to perform with a reunited WHAM! and for him to have a wardrobe malfunction and show his coch to the world.

That will give us all something more to laugh at him about, and also will give those of us with some sense something else to laugh at when the Conservative Right-Wing Fascists in our country go ballistic. :lol:

As for Led Zep, I have to agree. While Page, Plant and Bonham were exceptional at what they do, the real foundation and incredibly talented core of the band was Jonesy.

I have posted several times over the years of how I saw him in 2003? opening for King Crimson, he brought a ukelele and played this little riff (to much ridicule), but by the end of the tune we were all standing there with our jaws on the floor. From a FUCKING UKELELE.

Gave me a fucking lesson in where the real power lay with Led Zep.

Satan
11-02-2011, 06:22 PM
I thought I was the real power with Zeppelin. The lyrics even said so.

Well, the backwards lyrics anyway........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwBdpESvSKM

the tool shed, incidentally, was a little shed on the Aleister Crowley estate (now owned by Jimmy Page) where I inspired them to write that song.

Kristy
11-02-2011, 06:50 PM
As for Led Zep, I have to agree. While Page, Plant and Bonham were exceptional at what they do, the real foundation and incredibly talented core of the band was Jonesy.

I do not agree. If there was any true talent in Zep is was Bonham. He truly revolutionized rock drumming and ever sine his death Page must have known he wasn't shit without him. To me, Page's endless riffs rip offs worked around Bonham heavy-handed snare, hi-hat, bass work.

As for Jones, while not the best bass player in rock he was by far the most methodical. By that I mean, unlike Page and his soul-sucking bullshit, Jones was a trained musician who took his craft a bit more seriously; in a way like Entwhistle, he learned to work his notes around Bonham knowing when to improvise and when to stick to script. Just listen to any shitty recorded Zep tune and focus solely on the bass playing. Jones is like a predatory hawk knowing when to come in and when to back off with the right notes constantly reinventing on how to play louder or softer giving them more interpretation to the song regardless what fuckstick plagiarist Page is doing with those highly annoying solos and sloppy chord work.

This is why Zeppy always sucked mega-balls: Page never knew how to work with the amazing musicians he had opting instead to riff-bash is pathetic small cock ego. Now look at him. I've heard some of Jones' solo work and it's quite good while the irksome crap Page festers out is complete unlistenable garbage. Fuck Page. I hope the plagiarizing asswipe gets cancer.

Kristy
11-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Don't want to get into a pissing contest or a flame war. The point of the statement was that both are not even close to the talents they once were.

Truth is, all these old fuddy-duddies voices are shot: Dylan, John Hiatt, Daltry, Plant...if Freddie Mercury was alive this is not way he would be singing like he did. There is only so much abuse the vocal chords can take and time naturally wears them down.

By the way, rumor has it that Townshend is about 94% deaf. Good for him - retarded foolish cocksucker.

ashstralia
11-02-2011, 07:32 PM
this just in... people age. every musician mentioned in this thread has achieved far far more than any of us keyboard warriors ever will.

Kristy
11-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Not more than me.

ashstralia
11-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Not more than me.

pfffffttt.

Kristy
11-02-2011, 07:49 PM
I made lasagna today. Has Zeppy plagiarist boy ever done that!? I mean, if he can't write or play anything original how is he expected to cook for himself?

sonrisa salvaje
11-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Now what does your bad cooking have to do with good music?

Diamondjimi
11-02-2011, 09:04 PM
I do not agree. If there was any true talent in Zep is was Bonham. He truly revolutionized rock drumming and ever sine his death Page must have known he wasn't shit without him. To me, Page's endless riffs rip offs worked around Bonham heavy-handed snare, hi-hat, bass work.

As for Jones, while not the best bass player in rock he was by far the most methodical. By that I mean, unlike Page and his soul-sucking bullshit, Jones was a trained musician who took his craft a bit more seriously; in a way like Entwhistle, he learned to work his notes around Bonham knowing when to improvise and when to stick to script. Just listen to any shitty recorded Zep tune and focus solely on the bass playing. Jones is like a predatory hawk knowing when to come in and when to back off with the right notes constantly reinventing on how to play louder or softer giving them more interpretation to the song regardless what fuckstick plagiarist Page is doing with those highly annoying solos and sloppy chord work.

This is why Zeppy always sucked mega-balls: Page never knew how to work with the amazing musicians he had opting instead to riff-bash is pathetic small cock ego. Now look at him. I've heard some of Jones' solo work and it's quite good while the irksome crap Page festers out is complete unlistenable garbage. Fuck Page. I hope the plagiarizing asswipe gets cancer.

Truth is, all these old fuddy-duddies voices are shot: Dylan, John Hiatt, Daltry, Plant...if Freddie Mercury was alive this is not way he would be singing like he did. There is only so much abuse the vocal chords can take and time naturally wears them down.

By the way, rumor has it that Townshend is about 94% deaf. Good for him - retarded foolish cocksucker.

Are you even a musician?
Judging by your highly critical statements, you must possess a number of degree's in various types of music theory and musicology....

Here's an idea. why not list the artists you appreciate, and explain their brilliance in great detail with as much exuberance as you express your hate....
Somehow I doubt you are capable of this....

sonrisa salvaje
11-02-2011, 09:06 PM
By the way, rumor has it that Townshend is about 94% deaf.

Judging from what you downgrade, you may want to get your hearing checked as well.

Kristy
11-02-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry, I did not know I was treading on your sacred Jimmy Page homoerotic ground.

sonrisa salvaje
11-02-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm sorry, I did not know I was treading on your sacred Jimmy Page homoerotic ground.

It's not that. It's just that if i was a bad painter i wouldn't go into a museum and tell them that their art sucked. Thus, just because you have a bad ear you shouldn't take it out on us and these fine legends you speak of.

Kristy
11-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Haha! "fine legends" good one.

sonrisa salvaje
11-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Haha! "fine legends" good one.

That was pretty good wasn't it? Ha.ha. I tried my best to get you fired up but you weren't having any of it.

Blaze
11-02-2011, 10:06 PM
The age thing is manufactured lies from the from the corporate hitlers.
The corrupt medias push the young because that is who they can exploit.

Willy DeVille - A dollar and a Grammy will buy you a cup of coffee.

Blaze
11-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Indeed, I miss Willy's music.
I miss them both. :(

Shaun Ponsonby
11-02-2011, 10:16 PM
^^^
The Johnny Cash clip alone absolutely disproves any theory that you lose your "powers" as you grow older. Quite possibly in the Top 5 most moving performances I've seen.

I made lasagna today. Has Zeppy plagiarist boy ever done that!? I mean, if he can't write or play anything original how is he expected to cook for himself?

Dunno. Does he like lasagna? Ask him and find out. Although, I don't quite get how your logic is working. Firstly, I don't think he's ever claimed to have invented lasagna (to my knowledge...I may be mistaken), so the analogy kind of breaks down immediately. Secondly, cooking and musical ability are two very different things. Inability to play guitar would be one of the few things I WOULDN'T judge Gordon Ramsay for, for instance.

You really haven't thought this through. Maybe you should come up with a better metaphor and re-post.

*For the record, I'm not a Led Zep fan either, far from it...but I at least respect what they did. In terms of the plagarism...as much as Page only stole from, say, old blues guys, it was only in the way the old blues guys stole from each other. And that goes for any style of music...nobody has a go at Dion for nicking Runaround Sue from Gary US Bond's Quarter To Three, despite the fact that it's near identical. So I don't see why this should be such a big deal.

Kristy
11-02-2011, 10:30 PM
^^^

You really haven't thought this through. Maybe you should come up with a better metaphor and re-post.

It was bland sarcasm, asshole. Try not to take everything so seriously

Satan
11-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Johnny Cash was making better records when he was literally at death's door, than most people do in the prime of their lives.

Kristy
11-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Would have loved to have seen this guy

@2:56 - made my brain hurt.

Satan
11-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Geez... that douchebag can't even get my super secret evil lyrics right. Give a Devil some credit, asshole! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

Kristy
11-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Forwards or backwards, Zep is shit.

Seshmeister
11-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Would have loved to have seen this guy

@2:56 - made my brain hurt.

He shouldn't be allowed out on his own, he needs medical help as his brain is malfunctioning.

chefcraig
11-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Forwards or backwards, Zep is shit.

Hmmm. And this is well thought-out opinion is based upon what, exactly? Oh, yeah...

I would not know any of this - the godawful 80's were before my time.

Which would also seem to suggest that the God-awful seventies were before your time as well, wouldn't it? Strangely enough, you continue to speak as an authority on the subject. Then there is this:

Interesting commentary to make, considering one of your final posts before flaming out and disappearing the last time. A plagiarist? It would seem that you are quite qualified to speak of such things, being one yourself.

The Shifting Coalition (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?62523-The-Shifting-Coalition&p=1545239&highlight=#post1545239)

Please note post # 37: http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?62523-The-Shifting-Coalition&p=1545380&viewfull=1#post1545380 (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?62523-The-Shifting-Coalition&p=1545380&viewfull=1#post1545380)

Look, I am the last guy to defend Jimmy Page (and to an extent, Robert Plant) for his songwriting that is pretty much based upon deceit and outright theft. Morally, much of the man's past is abhorrent to me. By the same token, I choose not to go about blasting people when I have neither the openly acknowledged expertise to speak about them, nor the proven moral high ground to do so.

Of course, your mileage may vary, and you are free to act upon it. Yet the next time you open your "know-it-all" mouth, perhaps you might consider your own credibility before doing so. One more thing...

Do you see this?
http://www.bignamelawncare.com/sites/default/files/images/stihl_chainsaw2_web.jpg

Go fuck yourself with it.
Knock it off, as you really have no ground to go about advising anyone about much of anything.

Diamondjimi
11-03-2011, 10:47 AM
http://insaneent.net/pix/internet/pwned-37722.jpg

Diamondjimi
11-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Are you even a musician?
Judging by your highly critical statements, you must possess a number of degree's in various types of music theory and musicology....

Here's an idea. why not list the artists you appreciate, and explain their brilliance in great detail with as much exuberance as you express your hate....
Somehow I doubt you are capable of this....

Pathetic comeback. Typical of one who simply can't answer the question. :rolleyes:
Nice copy and paste (in Chefs link) hypocrite. :lie:

Time for you to log out and fuck off..... AGAIN! :Loser:

Shaun Ponsonby
11-03-2011, 12:22 PM
It was bland sarcasm, asshole. Try not to take everything so seriously

It was hyerbolic sarcasm, arsehole. Try not to take everything so seriously.

Maybe we should trade. I'll take your blandness, you take my hyperbole.

Kristy
11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Hmmm. And this is well thought-out opinion is based upon what, exactly? Oh, yeah...

For someone who stalks another person and the friends of that person on the internet shouldn't speak so freely. Even since Panamark left and you took over as "supermodertor" you've been a downright asshole chastising those who don't quite agree with your point of view. I never claimed my "opinion" was "well thought out" nor do I need to as seeing many on here are not. And please don't tell me to knock it off when you're pulling the same tactics, asshole.

Kristy
11-03-2011, 01:46 PM
It was hyerbolic sarcasm, arsehole. Try not to take everything so seriously.

I never do.

chefcraig
11-03-2011, 02:09 PM
For someone who stalks another person and the friends of that person on the internet shouldn't speak so freely. Even since Panamark left and you took over as "supermodertor" you've been a downright asshole chastising those who don't quite agree with your point of view. I never claimed my "opinion" was "well thought out" nor do I need to as seeing many on here are not. And please don't tell me to knock it off when you're pulling the same tactics, asshole.

Interesting. Not only am I a stalker, but an asshole as well. At least I can occasionally come up with some concrete facts to support my ideas, rather than basing my opinions entirely on ignorance or stealing them outright. But then again, you admittedly are too young to have established anything like depth or life experience, so everyone gets the benefit of your insight-free pissiness whether they wish to hear about it or not. You are like an adolescent that screams "Listen to me, I have something to say!" yet given the opportunity, fails miserably to deliver. Repeatedly.

Why not go back beneath whatever rock you'd slithered under? It's not like your absence was remotely acknowledged, let alone recognized.

Kristy
11-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Actually, it's not interesting at all that you're a stalker and an asshole. Your argument is old and noted but it doesn't change what you are. And really, try not to play the age card. It makes you look older and more ridiculous than you already are.

chefcraig
11-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Actually, it's not interesting at all that you're a stalker and an asshole. Your argument is old and noted but it doesn't change what you are. And really, try not to play the age card. It makes you look older and more ridiculous than you already are.

You have no idea of how ancient (and therefor ridiculous) I actually am. Trust me, I fart dust.

Nitro Express
11-03-2011, 02:21 PM
The advantage of not existing in the 70's is not being around to be sexually molested with a mud shark by Jimmy Page.

Nitro Express
11-03-2011, 02:25 PM
You have no idea of how ancient (and therefor ridiculous) I actually am. Trust me, I fart dust.

We already know that. :biggrin:

chefcraig
11-03-2011, 02:31 PM
We already know that. :biggrin:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/Vegaswench/Fark/grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud_001-1.jpg

Diamondjimi
11-03-2011, 04:45 PM
The bag of bones from Denver avoids answering my questions because she knows I'm right. Why is she even here?

I have my doubts that she even likes Van Halen, let alone Dave...

Nitro Express
11-03-2011, 05:09 PM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/Vegaswench/Fark/grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud_001-1.jpg

At least I can still ride a skateboard instead of being crotchety and yelling at the kids for riding them.

Hardrock69
11-03-2011, 06:06 PM

Uh....so you can't have it both ways. I said Jonesy was the real talent in the band, you said you disagreed but then went on to praise him to the skies. Figure out what your opinion is on Jonesy and repost. Either (according to you) he sucks, or he does not.

And tell us all, please, how many songs did Bonzo write. What were his talents as a lyric writer. How many guitar or bass riffs did he come up with? Bonzo was a great drummer to be sure, but the band was called "Led Zeppelin", NOT The John Bonham Band.

:lmao:

It is precisely BECAUSE Page knew how to work with the musicians he had that Led Zep recorded such great albums. After all, he produced ALL of them.

Nice of you to voice your opinion, but you give weak arguments to musicians in this forum with far more talent than you will ever have, with nothing solid to back your arguments up.

It is like trying to argue with Winton Marsalis that Jazz is music for idiots who cannot understand music. :lol:

Try again, Kristy. If nothing else, your rantings are highly comedic entertainment. :yo:

Hardrock69
11-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Actually, it's not interesting at all that you're a stalker and an asshole.

And what do you base that statement on? Anything to back it up? Or are you just angry because he does not agree with your opinions?

You know Kristy, your argument is old and noted but it doesn't change what you are.

And really, try not to play the age card. It makes you look older and more ridiculous than you already are.

Funny, in this case, the fact that he is older than you and has more maturity (apparently) actually serves to make you look more ridiculous with each post you make.

Best cut your losses and stop trying to fight a losing battle here, Kristy. Next time I come to Denver we can go out to dinner and discuss how Led Zep sucks so bad over a nice steak, some good wine, and some good reefer. :yo:

Diamondjimi
11-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Next time I come to Denver we can go out to dinner and discuss how Led Zep sucks so bad over a nice steak, some good wine, and some good reefer. :yo:

And don't forget to give her a good throat gagging. Careful not to cut yourself on those boney hips.. :biggrin:

Hardrock69
11-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Nah. I don't fool around with chicks unless I am having a serious relationship with them.
She is not my type.

Sorry Kristy. I know you had hopes, but alas, it just is not meant to be....

Kristy
11-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Uh....so you can't have it both ways. I said Jonesy was the real talent in the band, you said you disagreed but then went on to praise him to the skies. Figure out what your opinion is on Jonesy and repost. Either (according to you) he sucks, or he does not.

And tell us all, please, how many songs did Bonzo write. What were his talents as a lyric writer. How many guitar or bass riffs did he come up with? Bonzo was a great drummer to be sure, but the band was called "Led Zeppelin", NOT The John Bonham Band.

It is precisely BECAUSE Page knew how to work with the musicians he had that Led Zep recorded such great albums. After all, he produced ALL of them.

1. Page produced horseshit. Listen to those fuck-awful Zep albums. They were recorded horribly even with technology of those times. Hissy, bad mixes (e.g., Carouselambra) even crappier overdubs and vocal arrangements. The guy was (and still is) a sloppy chord-banging moron with less interesting solos. Even disco was recorded better than any unlistenable Zep album.

2. Page by the end of Zeppelin's demise was a junkie and a complete fuckwit, He was out of ideas to steal even after being sued or having out of court cases settlements against his blatant plagiarism. Oh yeah, he wrote some great riffs, didn't he? Fucker. In fact, they were all alcoholics or some type of addicted batshit crazy assholes when they called it quits early 1980. Better they broke up rather than continue on the crash and burn path they were on.

3. Page never managed to top his success in Zeppelin. Two words: The Firm. One word: shit. Even his Coverdale/Page stint was a bad parody of himself. And what's sad is he knew it. For fuck's sake even his time with the Black Crowes was an insult to his former band. And don't get me started on how mediocre those Plant solo albums were in the 80's

Let's see what else were you bitching about? Oh yeah, John Paul Jones. Sorry, asshole, I forgot to mention I was speaking of him post-Zep. His solo efforts are quite good and not Zeppy wishy-washy sounding at all. He was the most methodical musician of that fucking band. His solo efforts clearly demonstrate that.

As for Bonham his drumming alone earned them the moniker "Hammer of The Gods" It certainly wasn't Page's pop-sloppy guitar work or Plant's freshly cut off testicles singing, was it!?

Either fuck off or come up with an argument that isn't based upon how bad you want to suck his dick.

Diamondjimi
11-03-2011, 07:55 PM
You clearly have no clue about the art of making music....

Diamondjimi
11-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Krusty has pointed out Zep's faults ( some valid, some clearly not valid)

Anyone care to explain this scarecrow the brilliance of Zep? I don't have time.

I'm off to the studio... :fu:

Satan
11-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Jimmy Page, first rock star to be elected Vice President of the United States......

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll180/Iantheman_photos/jimmy-page-colour84.jpg

Nitro Express
11-03-2011, 08:09 PM
"Jimmy Page is an excellent producer. Led Zeppelin 1 and Led Zeppelin 2 are classics.
As a player, he's very good in the studio. I never saw him play well live. He's very sloppy.
He plays like he's got a broken hand and he's two years old. But if you put out a good album and play like a two-year-old live. What's the purpose?"
-- Eddie Van Halen,

I agree with Ed.

Nitro Express
11-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Led Zeppelin's 1977 U.S. tour, which came to a halt with seven dates remaining when lead singer Robert Plant flew home to England following the death of his 6-year-old son Karac, was one of the most riotous in rock history, with rumours of hotels and restaurants being trashed and stadiums and ticket outlets being trashed by their fans. Some of the worst violence occurred at Oakland Stadium, just three days before the tour's abrupt halt.

Charges of battery have been filed against Zeppelin manager Peter Grant, drummer John Bonham and two of their employees. A civil suit asking $2 million in punitive damages is also in the works. Members of the Led Zeppelin entourage refused to comment to avoid pre-trial publicity. But promoter Bill Graham gave his version of the events.

The first incident, according to Graham's employees, occurred when one of the stage crew, Jim Downey, said something to Grant and Grant took offence. Grant's assistant then struck Downey who ended up having `his head bashed against concrete.'

The second incident reportedly stemmed from a little boy asking a Graham security man, Jim Matzorkis, for a wooden plaque. Matzorkis says he denied the request. The boy turned out to be Peter Grant's son. Matzorkis was then approached by Grant, Bonham and two others who asked him to apologize. John Bonham then kicked him in the groin.

Matzorkis went into hiding for his health. Graham brought Grant to see Matzorkis, hoping their meeting would settle the problem. However, according to Graham, "Peter blasted Jim in the face. I tried to stand between them, but Grant forced me out of the trailer and locked the door. My man said, Bill, Bill, help me!" Matzorkis worked his way to the door while they were hitting him, and he was able to get away. His face was a bloody mess.

"I could never in good conscience book them again," said Graham. "For these people to assume that might makes me right takes me back to Germany - and I've blocked out pretty much of my childhood (some of Graham's relatives died in concentration camps) - but that's where they come from. I cannot help but wonder how much of this did, in fact, go on in the past with these people." Zeppelin lawyers say that Bonham, Grant and the others will plead innocent.

The whole Led Zeppelin organization were a bunch of thugs who thought they could do whatever they wanted. Their manager especially. Read Bill Graham Presents to learn how the band's advance went directly to armed drug dealers to support the band's huge drug habit.

Hardrock69
11-03-2011, 10:36 PM
1. Page produced horseshit. Listen to those fuck-awful Zep albums. They were recorded horribly even with technology of those times. Hissy, bad mixes (e.g., Carouselambra) even crappier overdubs and vocal arrangements. The guy was (and still is) a sloppy chord-banging moron with less interesting solos. Even disco was recorded better than any unlistenable Zep album.

2. Page by the end of Zeppelin's demise was a junkie and a complete fuckwit, He was out of ideas to steal even after being sued or having out of court cases settlements against his blatant plagiarism. Oh yeah, he wrote some great riffs, didn't he? Fucker. In fact, they were all alcoholics or some type of addicted batshit crazy assholes when they called it quits early 1980. Better they broke up rather than continue on the crash and burn path they were on.

3. Page never managed to top his success in Zeppelin. Two words: The Firm. One word: shit. Even his Coverdale/Page stint was a bad parody of himself. And what's sad is he knew it. For fuck's sake even his time with the Black Crowes was an insult to his former band. And don't get me started on how mediocre those Plant solo albums were in the 80's

Let's see what else were you bitching about? Oh yeah, John Paul Jones. Sorry, asshole, I forgot to mention I was speaking of him post-Zep. His solo efforts are quite good and not Zeppy wishy-washy sounding at all. He was the most methodical musician of that fucking band. His solo efforts clearly demonstrate that.

As for Bonham his drumming alone earned them the moniker "Hammer of The Gods" It certainly wasn't Page's pop-sloppy guitar work or Plant's freshly cut off testicles singing, was it!?

Either fuck off or come up with an argument that isn't based upon how bad you want to suck his dick.

Are you sure it is YOU who are so pissed off because you cannot suck his dick? :lol:

Please tell us how it is Page's production is so bad, from your own extensive experience.

Your reasoning behind this ranting is beyond many of us, but there is no real logic to base any of it on. Simply put a lot of your opinions are just that, with no reflection in reality.

I do agree Page & Plant were musical thieves, but then again so are half the musicians on the planet. Certainly amongst blues-musicians.

And Page is sloppy some of the time. To see one of his worst performances, look at either the Seattle 1977 bootleg, or the ARMS benefit where he totally blew.....but he is not EVEN sloppy all the time. In fact, when I saw him in 1998 on the Page/Plant tour, he was anything BUT sloppy. He pretty much kicked everyone's ass in the venue that evening.

But the faults that Led Zep had individually and collectively cannot overwhelm the positive aspects of what they did, or the overall impact they had on music in the 20th-century....an impact, I might add, that is permanent.

Sorry you hate them so much. But then, I have bands I hate as well. The difference is, I hate bands who suck shit. And Led Zep is not one of them.

Carry on with your delusions dear. If you wish hard enough, maybe some day you can actually be in the same city as Jimmy Page and can rub one out thinking about blowing him. :yo:

FORD
11-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Page occasionally even did alright when he was smacked up. He did OK here, guest starring on this Stones song. You can actually hear more of Jimmy in this early version than the final mix that was on the album. Hell, who knows? Maybe Keith gave him lessons on how to play properly when on heroin??

Of course Jimmy didn't produce that album, Steve Lillywhite did. But not even he could fix what the Stones had done to themselves by that point in the 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttjEM_5OsiM

sonrisa salvaje
11-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Krusty has pointed out Zep's faults ( some valid, some clearly not valid)

Anyone care to explain this scarecrow the brilliance of Zep? I don't have time.

I'm off to the studio... :fu:

No way. We are talking about someone who thinks chord progressions have something to do with upgrading her vacuum cleaner.

Hardrock69
11-03-2011, 11:47 PM
:lol:

Kristy
11-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Please tell us how it is Page's production is so bad, from your own extensive experience.

Christ, just listen to it! Bad mixes, horrible overdubbing. The only man that saved Jimmy's bloated ass was Andy Johns who technically was the real producer behind many of Zeppy's disastrous recordings. Even Abba who recorded much of their albums in the studio Jimmy recored his last (thank fuck) were clearly miles better in terms of production. For the last time Jimmy Page was a smack-pappy-slap-crappy-monkey-on-the-back-junkie daddy. The guy is the living asshole of things rock 'n' roll - except for the time he played on that Jerry Lee Lewis record.

Your reasoning behind this ranting is beyond many of us, but there is no real logic to base any of it on. Simply put a lot of your opinions are just that, with no reflection in reality.

I do agree Page & Plant were musical thieves, but then again so are half the musicians on the planet. Certainly amongst blues-musicians.

Bullshit! Genuine AMERICAN traditional blues musicians were murders like Ledbelly or true mythological worshipers of Satan like Robert Johnson or beyond all recognition fucked up on opium gutter trash like Edgar Allen Poe. Okay, so Poe wasn't a musician but I believe the dude knew a thing or two about the blues. Way more than Page ever did.

No reflection in reality? Seriously? Go on, hum me a Howlin Wolf tune. Well, go on. Ha! You can't, can you? This is because Jimmy Page came in you cranium and brainwashed you. It obviously shows.

And Page is sloppy some of the time. To see one of his worst performances, look at either the Seattle 1977 bootleg, or the ARMS benefit where he totally blew.....but he is not EVEN sloppy all the time. In fact, when I saw him in 1998 on the Page/Plant tour, he was anything BUT sloppy. He pretty much kicked everyone's ass in the venue that evening.

No he's sloppy ALL the time - like a blind man trying to cum with no hands sloppy. His phrasing is unoriginal and pathetic. Low-rent chord progressions and dysfunctional riffs spawning further embarrassments to Plant's homosexual endeavors. For example, Since I've Been Loving You is obviously homo it not pansexual to Zep's largely male fanbase.

But the faults that Led Zep had individually and collectively cannot overwhelm the positive aspects of what they did, or the overall impact they had on music in the 20th-century....an impact, I might add, that is permanent.

Zeppy had more faults than the entire Pacific rim. Exactly what did they "impact"? Oh I know, every shit late 80's hair band that wanted to be just like them - a soul-sucking, riff-bashing gaggle of clones who also lacked originality and substance.

Sorry you hate them so much. But then, I have bands I hate as well. The difference is, I hate bands who suck shit. And Led Zep is not one of them.

Carry on with your delusions dear. If you wish hard enough, maybe some day you can actually be in the same city as Jimmy Page and can rub one out thinking about blowing him. :yo:

Why be sorry? So you masturbate to Jimmy Page before going to bed each night. I'm cool with that. Researchers say a little masturbation every now and then is healthy. You feel offended by what I say no matter how ridiculous or absurd about your precious little limey suburbanite rock act who ripped off everything they could find. I don't know what to say - try turning off your computer and go out for a walk or something, meet people, see the world as it truly is: cold and brutal with no gods wielding hammers.

And no, I didn't post this but it's part of the Zeppy 1% I would say.

Hardrock69
11-04-2011, 01:12 AM
I love you Kristy. I may not agree with you, baby, but you can sure rant with the best of them. Even if how you feel seems irrational to musicians. :D

Your descriptive terminology is very good. You certainly have a place here, just from your abilities to trash stuff, even if it is something you know little about. :lol:

Kristy
11-04-2011, 01:52 AM
More on the abomination that is Jimmy Page can be found here:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jimmy_Page

Nitro Express
11-04-2011, 02:11 AM

Nitro Express
11-04-2011, 02:14 AM
allariouse

I love you Kristy. I may not agree with you, baby, but you can sure rant with the best of them. Even if how you feel seems irrational to musicians. :D

Your descriptive terminology is very good. You certainly have a place here, just from your abilities to trash stuff, even if it is something you know little about. :lol:

Kristy shoots the room up quite well. She could write a hilarious critic column.

Etienne
11-04-2011, 09:40 AM
When you listen closely to Led Zeppelin, it's a matter of fact, that you can't delink Bonham's drum grooves, Page's riffs and Jones' bass lines. They are one, the composition - wall of sound. Page is not the man for solo lines but when it comes to riffage, he is capable to deliver a great part of the whole orchestration.

Kristy
11-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Page is not the man for solo lines but when it comes to riffage, he is capable to deliver a great part of the whole orchestration.

More brainwashing.

Etienne
11-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Kristy, what is your favourite rock band? Really, I want to know.

Kristy
11-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Fraggle Rock

http://blog.justroughinit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/fraggle_rock.jpg

Because these guys rock or something.

Terry
11-04-2011, 10:48 AM
When Page was at his best (circa 1970-1975), he was able to come up with a lot of great riffs and compositions. Delving into the musicology and Zeppelin's / Page's influences, it is also clear that he...er...um..."appropriated" quite a bit from others (seldom in rock does inspiration germinate from a seed devoid of any influences), more than a few times so closely that charges of outright theft may well be justified.
I mean, it is fair to say Page owes Sherwood Schwartz if not royalties than at least a writer's credit on Stairway To Heaven, seeing as the basic structure of the tune was clearly nicked from the Gilligan's Island theme song.
Right around 1978, for me it seems clear Page just ran out of inspiration and ideas. Probably letting too many powders get the better of him. If I take the bulk of his work post-Zeppelin as a whole, from the Death Wish 2 soundtrack through The Firm, onto Outrider, Coverdale/Page followed by Walking Into Clarksdale...just on a level of imagination and creativity, Page was content to coast. The fact that he was capable of brilliance at times in Zeppelin (am not one of those who thought every single thing Zeppelin did was some divine bit of rock godliness) doesn't give him a shield from mundane efforts being called what they were just because he wrote Kashmir.
The odd thing for me after watching the 02 performance a few years back was reading how so many people were wishing the remnants of Zeppelin would take that out on the road. Out of all the post-John Bonham Zep "reunions" the 02 biz was clearly the most well-rehearsed, but like countless other aging bands Zep had to tune down a half step to accomodate the effects of aging on the vocals...I mean, virtually any legendary classic rock act you can name, whenever they reunite or perform decades after their prime, concessions are made...it's just never the same. I'd sooner just listen to a Zeppelin album or a bootleg from back in the day and be content with that. It was a similar sensation I felt when seeing Van Halen Mach 4 a few years ago; yes, Roth was back, but it wasn't quite what I associate when I think of Van Halen. Eddie was a bit debilitated to the point where even if Anthony was there it still wouldn't have made it up to the CVH standard. Now, one might say this is to be expected with age, but if a band is gonna go out and play oldies, if they can't match their own high water mark of excellence, it seems almost pointless to expect anything beyond an endeavor which is a bit substandard. The logical inference from that being why should one accept that, much less pay premium prices to see and hear it?

Kristy
11-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Right around 1978, for me it seems clear Page just ran out of inspiration and ideas. Probably letting too many powders get the better of him.

Naw, it was the lawsuits.

Nitro Express
11-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Naw, it was the lawsuits.

I love how Zeppelin's scumbag manager sold the whole Zep catalog to Atlantic right before the shit started to rise. He got the money and Atlantic got all the legal problems. That guy was a piece of work. Led Zeppelin were a bunch of thieves and thugs. They should have been deported out of this country and banned or even thrown in jail. I think they just laid low once their scam got discovered and they had made plenty of enemies.

Nitro Express
11-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Ok. I can play a couple Led Zeppelin songs. To get it to sound like Page you have to purposely play sloppy or it will sound too in time and polished. You actually have to fuck it up a bit to get the Page vibe.

Terry
11-04-2011, 11:14 AM
I love how Zeppelin's scumbag manager sold the whole Zep catalog to Atlantic right before the shit started to rise. He got the money and Atlantic got all the legal problems. That guy was a piece of work. Led Zeppelin were a bunch of thieves and thugs. They should have been deported out of this country and banned or even thrown in jail. I think they just laid low once their scam got discovered and they had made plenty of enemies.

Reading accounts of what Grant, Cole, Bindon and Bonham would do on the road, it's strange to me how these characters are lauded by some. The behavior at times was just really atrocious. Seems to illustrate the idea that many within the entertainment industry aren't fully developed as human beings, and the success they achieve and the money they earn acts as an enabler toward all types of childish whims and indulgences. Some might say how great it would have been to party with Zeppelin. For me, watching a bunch of goons sexually abuse women with mudsharks, get wasted on smack and administer Clockwork Orange-style beatings ain't my idea of a good time. I don't think I'm particularly conservative in my tastes: I like a good fuck and a bit of booze as much as anyone else, but sadistic barbarism just isn't that appealing to me.

Terry
11-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Ok. I can play a couple Led Zeppelin songs. To get it to sound like Page you have to purposely play sloppy or it will sound too in time and polished. You actually have to fuck it up a bit to get the Page vibe.

Page was a good studio player, but after 1971 uneven live.

Etienne
11-04-2011, 11:20 AM

The same on drums if you want to groove like Bonham. Like I said it before you can't delink Bonham, Page and Jones.

Nitro Express
11-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Reading accounts of what Grant, Cole, Bindon and Bonham would do on the road, it's strange to me how these characters are lauded by some. The behavior at times was just really atrocious. Seems to illustrate the idea that many within the entertainment industry aren't fully developed as human beings, and the success they achieve and the money they earn acts as an enabler toward all types of childish whims and indulgences. Some might say how great it would have been to party with Zeppelin. For me, watching a bunch of goons sexually abuse women with mudsharks, get wasted on smack and administer Clockwork Orange-style beatings ain't my idea of a good time. I don't think I'm particularly conservative in my tastes: I like a good fuck and a bit of booze as much as anyone else, but sadistic barbarism just isn't that appealing to me.

I went to Jorma Kukkonen's fur peace ranch for some guitar and bass seminars and both him and Jack Casady knew Bill Graham very well. They said Bill Graham could be tough but they said his experiences in Germany during the Nazi times made him compassionate of people who really didn't fit into society. They said in many ways he was an older straight guy but he always had compassion for the younger kids and people left of center because of the lack of passion he saw in Nazi Germany.

For Graham to compare Led Zeppelin to the Nazi thugs in Germany is one hell of a statement. Graham said the thuggery he saw with them brought back the memories he had erased from his childhood in Germany. That's saying something. Can you imagine being bottled up on Led Zeppelin's plane when someone decided to go off? I don't think any decent person would want to be around that too long or be managed by such scum.

Nitro Express
11-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Face it. Classic rock is nothing more than recooked blues. Everyone knows it. Zeppelin would have lost nothing just by being honest and saying they redid the songs but you don't get any publishing money for it. They were about the money. A scam.

Kristy
11-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Nevermind

chefcraig
11-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Seems not much was ever written on the subject except for a few rumor mill accounts that Bonham before joining Zeppelin and Grant knew each growing up and that both were basically Birmingham street thugs. Grant had a reputation of being somewhat of a bully loanshark and his ruthless tactics was the main reason Page hired him to be their manager making sure the band was well paid. Grant was also known to be just as brutal when dealing with Bad Company groupies as well.

Check this out, as quite frankly, I find it to be mind-boggling astonishing: Page was the last "new" guy to join the Yardbirds, OK? Jeff Beck quits/gets fired (depending upon whose story you believe), then Page recruits Grant out of seemingly nowhere to manage the band. When the whole thing went into the shitter a few months later, not only does Page end up with a substantial amount of the group's publishing (for songs he never played on, let alone wrote) but also just happened to walk away owning the band's NAME. Now how in hell did that happen? Simple: Grant was unquestionably a thug. The fact that he knowingly parodied this on film in the tasteless ode to excess The Song Remains The Same is even more disgusting, and highly indicative of the "We can get away with anything" mindset of the band, which ultimately destroyed them.

Karma is a bitch, ya know?

Kristy
11-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Actually, I was just reading about Grant: the guy was a failed actor (though he was in a few movies) and a wrestler. His thuggery reputation came from his days of being a bouncer. As for Bindon who Grant used a scapegoat for the Oakland incident he later ended up going to jail on murder charges. What a lovely bunch of guys. Zeppelin, it seemed in their 70's heyday was nothing more than a traveling criminal circus roadshow.

lesfunk
11-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Travelling Mayhem..... Now That's Entertainment!

Diamondjimi
11-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Kristy, what is your favourite rock band? Really, I want to know.

THIS is her god.... http://www.independent.co.uk/migration_catalog/article5128509.ece/ALTERNATES/w380/cure.jpeg

Kristy
11-04-2011, 09:00 PM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll180/Iantheman_photos/jimmy-page-colour84.jpg = http://witchesbrewpress.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/douchebag1.jpg

binnie
11-05-2011, 04:41 AM
Whether you think Zep were good or bad, denying their influence on music subsequently is obtuse.

If you're going to spend you're time hating stuff , why not pick a band which really, really sucks. Like Bon Jovi.

Little Texan
11-05-2011, 05:23 AM
Whether you think Zep were good or bad, denying their influence on music subsequently is obtuse.

If you're going to spend you're time hating stuff , why not pick a band which really, really sucks. Like Bon Jovi.

Or Chickenshit.

VHscraps
11-05-2011, 05:54 AM
THIS is her god.... http://www.independent.co.uk/migration_catalog/article5128509.ece/ALTERNATES/w380/cure.jpeg

WTF ... Paul Stanley is looking mighty fine these days. He's smudged his lipstick a bit, but the old melted face thing seems to be settling into something close to human-looking ...

ashstralia
11-05-2011, 07:20 AM
you've got to be crazy; got to have a real need...

Kristy
11-05-2011, 11:48 AM

Unlike Jimmy and his entourage of criminal miscreants Bon Jovi were the 80's hair band prototype. In others words, they may have sucked but at least they did something original.

clarathecarrot
11-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I want to kill the juke box at any time in any bar if someone plays Floyd..I usually yell, no floyd!

It is a sitting around music not a drinkie time play.

Diamondjimi
11-05-2011, 12:44 PM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/customavatars/avatar7609_31.gif = http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQU2PczIiy8kmif5-ujvizF6ahFOkmVJ1RAanpvq4gmfGMwQwrQAg

That's better....

binnie
11-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Unlike Jimmy and his entourage of criminal miscreants Bon Jovi were the 80's hair band prototype. In others words, they may have sucked but at least they did something original.

So Bon Jovi are a more important band to the history of rock 'n' roll than Zeppelin or Floyd?

That's certainly an origina take.....

Kristy
11-05-2011, 07:48 PM
No Binnie, not more important, more original.

I mean, come on, how can you deny the advent of the hair band?

http://www.dymaxionweb.com/kulturedrome/Hair%20Metal.jpg

Seshmeister
11-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Jimmy Page, first rock star to be elected Vice President of the United States......

http://www.freewebs.com/funwithtoons/180px-Granny_Looney_Tunes.png

Kristy
11-05-2011, 09:02 PM
That's racist and ageist, Sesh.

SunisinuS
11-05-2011, 09:25 PM
At least I can still ride a skateboard instead of being crotchety and yelling at the kids for riding them.

Man I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcZcDHRGyOs&feature=related

Seshmeister
11-05-2011, 09:42 PM
That's racist and ageist, Sesh.

That's just typical.

I hate it the way that noone is allowed to criticise anyone from Led Zeppelin in any way like they are minor deities.

Kristy
11-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Yeah *sigh* I hear ya, Sesh.

Nitro Express
11-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Looks like we have been ripping Led Zeppelin pretty good in here and getting away with it.

ashstralia
11-06-2011, 12:00 AM
for kristy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po8NVV9FLNU

Little Texan
11-06-2011, 12:05 AM
I never have cared for Led Zeppelin, either, and never could figure out why they are held in such high regard. I do like The Floyd, however.

Kristy
11-06-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm not into goth or have any sort of fixation on Fat Bob of The Cure. DiamondBoy is obviously a closet homosexual

Kristy
11-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Looks like we have been ripping Led Zeppelin pretty good in here and getting away with it.

Who is this "we"?

Diamondjimi
11-06-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm not into goth or have any sort of fixation on Fat Bob of The Cure. DiamondBoy is obviously a closet homosexual

Krusty, you ignorant slut!.....

Hardrock69
11-06-2011, 01:27 AM

Original? Bon Jovi?

:lol:

Good joke Kristy. That was partly what made them suck so hard. They were unoriginal to the extreme.

Kristy
11-06-2011, 01:34 AM
Their hair was original...was it not?

Hardrock69
11-06-2011, 01:46 AM

Well, if you define "original" by saying it was their real hair, then yes.

But of course, hair bands existed long before they did. :D

Nitro Express
11-06-2011, 02:21 AM

Nitro Express
11-06-2011, 02:25 AM

Fucking looks like Gene Simmons where he didn't get all that dark eye makeup off.

Kristy
04-16-2016, 10:01 PM
Christ, just listen to it! Bad mixes, horrible overdubbing. The only man that saved Jimmy's bloated ass was Andy Johns who technically was the real producer behind many of Zeppy's disastrous recordings. Even Abba who recorded much of their albums in the studio Jimmy recored his last (thank fuck) were clearly miles better in terms of production. For the last time Jimmy Page was a smack-pappy-slap-crappy-monkey-on-the-back-junkie daddy. The guy is the living asshole of things rock 'n' roll - except for the time he played on that Jerry Lee Lewis record.

Bullshit! Genuine AMERICAN traditional blues musicians were murders like Ledbelly or true mythological worshipers of Satan like Robert Johnson or beyond all recognition fucked up on opium gutter trash like Edgar Allen Poe. Okay, so Poe wasn't a musician but I believe the dude knew a thing or two about the blues. Way more than Page ever did.

No reflection in reality? Seriously? Go on, hum me a Howlin Wolf tune. Well, go on. Ha! You can't, can you? This is because Jimmy Page came in you cranium and brainwashed you. It obviously shows.

No he's sloppy ALL the time - like a blind man trying to cum with no hands sloppy. His phrasing is unoriginal and pathetic. Low-rent chord progressions and dysfunctional riffs spawning further embarrassments to Plant's homosexual endeavors. For example, Since I've Been Loving You is obviously homo it not pansexual to Zep's largely male fanbase.

Zeppy had more faults than the entire Pacific rim. Exactly what did they "impact"? Oh I know, every shit late 80's hair band that wanted to be just like them - a soul-sucking, riff-bashing gaggle of clones who also lacked originality and substance.

Why be sorry? So you masturbate to Jimmy Page before going to bed each night. I'm cool with that. Researchers say a little masturbation every now and then is healthy. You feel offended by what I say no matter how ridiculous or absurd about your precious little limey suburbanite rock act who ripped off everything they could find. I don't know what to say - try turning off your computer and go out for a walk or something, meet people, see the world as it truly is: cold and brutal with no gods wielding hammers.

And no, I didn't post this but it's part of the Zeppy 1% I would say.

That was my best post of all time.

Hooray for me.