PDA

View Full Version : What if I prove scientifically that 147 corporations run the world?

FORD
10-26-2011, 01:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40ijxYVn810

Kristy
10-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I would say this isn't news - and that 147 seems too high of a number.

Nitro Express
10-26-2011, 02:17 PM
They don't run the world but they run the EU, the US, and Canada. They are losing their grip over the rest of the world. It's interesting to note the world economy outside of the G5 nations rose 7% last year. You get outside of Europe and North America and the economy is doing quite well. Partly due to these corporations outsourcing our industry out of the G5. So Europe and North America got fucked by the same central bank collusion. The central banks and boards of these corporations are all in collusion. What happened is stock ownership went from individuals to funds. The financial institutions became the proxy voters and they determine the board of directors. Basically as soon as mutual funds grew so did CEO pay and golden parachutes. The corporations rob the stockholders with high pay, perks to top management and also wasting company money on campaign contributions. The money they give the politicians could be paid in dividends to the stock holder or kept in retained earnings. This shit wouldn't fly if stocks were owned by real people with proxy votes. Yes, Romney at one time corporations were people but now they are just funds.

I started seeing the problems with the corporations when I was in high school. I knew there was collusion going on but I couldn't figure out how it could be organized across so many different companies and industries. Now I can see how they did it. Through the investment banks, financial institutions, and central banks. Mutual funds eliminated the dilution of individual investors and condensed the ownership into funds owned by financial institutions.

standin
10-26-2011, 06:37 PM
They don't run the world but they run the EU, the US, and Canada. They are losing their grip over the rest of the world. It's interesting to note the world economy outside of the G5 nations rose 7% last year. You get outside of Europe and North America and the economy is doing quite well. Partly due to these corporations outsourcing our industry out of the G5. So Europe and North America got fucked by the same central bank collusion. The central banks and boards of these corporations are all in collusion. What happened is stock ownership went from individuals to funds. The financial institutions became the proxy voters and they determine the board of directors. Basically as soon as mutual funds grew so did CEO pay and golden parachutes. The corporations rob the stockholders with high pay, perks to top management and also wasting company money on campaign contributions. The money they give the politicians could be paid in dividends to the stock holder or kept in retained earnings. This shit wouldn't fly if stocks were owned by real people with proxy votes. Yes, Romney at one time corporations were people but now they are just funds.

I started seeing the problems with the corporations when I was in high school. I knew there was collusion going on but I couldn't figure out how it could be organized across so many different companies and industries. Now I can see how they did it. Through the investment banks, financial institutions, and central banks. Mutual funds eliminated the dilution of individual investors and condensed the ownership into funds owned by financial institutions.

That was insightful, thanks. Your statement called to mind a game I played online... oh.. around 2005. I was not sure if I was going to be able to recall it, but I knew it was with an ORG. I did find it. The page I landed on I noticed this quote. I was a bit shocked at the hateful sounding quote from what should be a USAmerican diplomat about USAmericans on world organization website.

"If ignorance paid dividends, most Americans could make a fortune out of what they don't know about economics."
—Luther H. Hodges, US Secretary of Commerce
http://64.19.142.11/www.imf.org/external/np/exr/center/images/center_banner.gif

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
===========================

http://64.19.142.10/www.imf.org/external/np/exr/center/students/trade/images/maintop.jpg

International trade touches us all. We drink soda from cans made of aluminum mined in Australia, wear shoes made in Europe, eat fruit from South America, build machinery from steel milled in Asia, wear clothes made from African cotton, and live in homes built from North American wood. We take it for granted, yet before we can enjoy these products and materials, traders must negotiate prices and deliver the goods through a network of relationships that literally spans the globe.

Play this game to experience the challenges and excitement of international trade. See if you can get the best price for the goods you sell and the biggest bargains for the goods you buy. Watch how the global economy is doing: the prices you'll be able to get and the deals you can make depend on how healthy the global economy is.

Before you start, think about what you want to accomplish as a trader:

Do you want to build up as much wealth as you can by selling as much of your commodities as you can?
Do you want to buy the widest range of goods to satisfy diverse consumer tastes at home?
Or do you want to focus on buying the raw materials for a particular industry?
The only limit is your imagination, your negotiating skills, and your bank account!

http://www.imf.org/external/np/exr/center/students/trade/index.htm

standin
10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
That was totally the wrong one, I did find it and it is still a fun and interesting game

http://www.nobelprize.org/educational/economics/trade/game/ruler.html

Seshmeister
10-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Until I clicked on this I thought this thread was going to be 'What if I prove scientifically that 147 is the highest break you can get in snooker.'

I was about to dispute that because if you get a free ball off the break it's actually possible to get 155.

This can occur when an opponent fouls but leaves the player snookered on all 15 reds. The player can nominate one of the other colours as a red, known as a "free ball", which carries the same value as a red for just that shot. By potting the free ball followed by a colour, then all the reds with colours, and then the colours up to the pink or black, the player can compile a break of more than 147. If the free ball is followed by a black, and the player goes on to clear the table taking all reds with blacks and then all six colours, the total score for the break is 155.

That said I don't think it's ever been done in professional competition.