PDA

View Full Version : Clueless, Overweight Dolt Blabs About VH Backing Tapes In 2007, Wants To Manage GNR

Jagermeister
10-27-2011, 09:58 AM
http://www.hennemusic.com/2011/10/sammy-hagar-says-van-halen-used-michael.html

There’s no love lost between Sammy Hagar and the Van Halen brothers, which is evident pretty much every time the Red Rocker speaks.

Hagar’s latest rant about his former bandmates may be as much about them as it is Sammy standing up for his pal, ex-VH and now Chickenfoot bassist Michael Anthony.

By all appearances, and by the words of both Anthony and Hagar in recent years, Michael was kicked out of VH for being friends with Sammy at a time when the brothers weren’t working and he was, eventually inviting the bassist to join him on the road, earning the ire of both Eddie and Alex.

That move led to a serious pay cut for Anthony on the 2004 VH reunion tour with Hagar, who wouldn’t do the trip if Michael wasn’t involved (Eddie reportedly didn’t want him along). Further, Anthony says he was forced by the VH brothers to sign over his rights to future earnings from the band as…what…retribution for wanting to play live music with someone they deemed as the ‘enemy’?

Anthony was replaced by Eddie’s son, Wolfgang, who toured with VH in 2007/08 on the band’s reunion trek with David Lee Roth…and is reportedly on the forthcoming VH album.

Now, in a new interview with Attention Deficit Delirium, Hagar accuses VH of using Anthony’s talents on the road, even after they unceremoniously dismissed him and his contributions to the group and its legacy.

“Those vocal harmonies on the last tour were Mike on tape,” asserted Hagar. “Mike should’ve reamed them for it. Wolfie don’t sing like that, and Ed sure as hell don’t. Go on the Internet and listen to Ed’s voice live from the reunion with me. Hear him sing on ‘When It’s Love’ and some of those songs. Ed can’t sing, and his voice is shot if he can, from cigarettes and booze anyway.”

Sammy didn’t stop there.

“I just don’t see Van Halen getting together again,” said the Red Rocker. “I don’t know what would have to happen for it to happen. I don’t think they’re ever going to get together with Dave. They’ve been working on that record for a year and a half or whatever, and they keep postponing and postponing it. I just know that Wolfie, Dave and Ed are not the Van Halen that the world wants to see. To do it with David without Mike was a horrible decision, but those guys haven’t made a good decision since I left the band. I don’t think so. It’s not about me, I just think that they really burned Mikey and burned the fans by throwing him out before Dave came back finally.”

Still no word from the VH camp on when the new album will be released.

mh5150
10-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Spammy needs to STFU !!!!!!!!!

patt5150
10-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Hell has no fury like a woman scorned (lol). Sammy just can't seem to move on and continues to embarrass himself over and over ... its pathetic and very sad. VIVA VAN HALEN!!!

sonrisa salvaje
10-27-2011, 10:37 AM
http://www.hennemusic.com/2011/10/sammy-hagar-says-van-halen-used-michael.html

It’s not about me, I just think that they really burned Mikey and burned the fans by throwing him out before Dave came back finally.”

Really Sam? It's ALWAYS been about you and that has ALWAYS been the problem.

Heater
10-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Awesome! Piped in vocals and bass? Or maybe there was extra help offstage so it sounded more live. What is funny is how willing some are to settle for way less. It is no longer VH. Nobody wants to admit it so they delude themselves into thinking the last tour was the shit, it wasn't. Or they say that it is all good as long as Dave and Ed are together, that the bass, drums and back up vocals are secondary, wrong. Waiting for this alleged album and tour to happen, already believing it I'll be the best thing this one time supergroup has ever done. OK. It's over, if you missed it the first time around, you missed it. The train you're waiting for isn't coming. Sorry.

Etienne
10-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Hagar just wants to say over and over again that MA belongs to him. Ed and Alex had to see this comîng and shouldn't treat MA like an enemy.

flappo
10-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Sammy Who ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjC_7DaTIGY

Seshmeister
10-27-2011, 11:02 AM
There were piped in backing vocals but they weren't Michael Anthony's. I wish they were.

Hagar is an idiot hole.

Seshmeister
10-27-2011, 11:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjC_7DaTIGY

Only thing is as I remember I don't think that ends well... :)

Jagermeister
10-27-2011, 11:15 AM
He may be upset becasue none of us wished him a happy birth day.

patt5150
10-27-2011, 11:18 AM
The train you're waiting for isn't coming. Sorry.

Oh I beg to differ, the train may be running late, but its coming with a vengeance ... ALL ABOARD!!!

Nitro Express
10-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Sam is a pretty smart businessman. His main motivation is to make money and he has done pretty well there. I don't think Sam likes the Van Halens at all and I think he saw them as a bunch of drunks when he first signed on with that band. The thing is, Sam knew the potential to make a lot of money was there and if it worked he could get his huge ego stroked as well.

Sam is smart enough to know Van Halen is over. He gets information from people around the band he still knows or mutual friends. He always left his options open to get back in and make more money. He knew Eddie was a mess before he agreed to go on tour but hey, that shitty tour made Sam money.

Now since the gravy train is over, Sam is going to fire his mouth and vent. He's pent it up all these years and now he's going to finally vent his true feelings as a form of therapy. He might even pen a juicy tell all book to make more money off his anger.

Oh. They did use taped in vocals and bass for Wolfie. I play bass and let me tell you, what that kid was playing was not what was coming out of the PA. Wolf might have done an intro or a fill but the rythum was taped. I would love to hear what was in Al's monitors. Probably Michael Anthony's taped bass. Sam is probably right there.

Mike was stupid to give up his Van Halen royalites. He had a sweet deal. Van Halen split everything four ways including publishing royalties and that is where the money is. Also, it's the old songs that are worth the money because that is what someone is going to find in the future and use in an advertisement or movie. Grace Slick told me she still gets the occasional big check because someone used a song like White Rabbit for something and she has the publishing rights to some of those songs. The Van Halens raped Mike but he bent over for them. Unbelievable. Those royalites were worth enough to quit the band over. The band was going nowhere.

ThrillsNSpills
10-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey it could be worse.

We could all be on the Paper Lace site.

ThrillsNSpills
10-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Trust me if you don't get that I envy you.

hambon4lif
10-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Awesome! Piped in vocals and bass? Or maybe there was extra help offstage so it sounded more live. What is funny is how willing some are to settle for way less. It is no longer VH. Nobody wants to admit it so they delude themselves into thinking the last tour was the shit, it wasn't. Or they say that it is all good as long as Dave and Ed are together, that the bass, drums and back up vocals are secondary, wrong. Waiting for this alleged album and tour to happen, already believing it I'll be the best thing this one time supergroup has ever done. OK. It's over, if you missed it the first time around, you missed it. The train you're waiting for isn't coming. Sorry.You should get a yeast infection so you'll have an annoying cunt instead of just being one....

chefcraig
10-27-2011, 11:35 AM
NO HAGAR CRAP IN MAIN! http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

:fuhagar2:

It is rather odd that he insists that he is over Van Halen and has moved on, but can not resist name dropping them in every new interview. What a pudsucker.

Jagermeister
10-27-2011, 11:40 AM
NO HAGAR CRAP IN MAIN! http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

:fuhagar2:

It is rather odd that he insists that he is over Van Halen and has moved on, but can not resist name dropping them in every new interview. What a pudsucker.

:lmao:

Nitro Express
10-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Wofie needs to get a sex change like Chaz Bono and start singing. It ain't over until the fat woman sings and it's over. The Van Halen's are too fucked up and delusional to do anything good without proper management. Ed got a taste of being a leader and he isn't going to give that up. I view him as a gifted nutjob who's gifts faded a while back.

Nitro Express
10-27-2011, 11:51 AM
The Van Halens got Roth back and they even fucked that opportunity up.

standin
10-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Hmmm.... Whom has the credibility? Sammy may be a piping crow at this moment, however, consistently he uses the VH name as a draw. If VH was not a source he would not use it as one. If or when VH desires to start churning out instead of hording that is one of his biggest concerns; a concern large enough that he is conducting a propaganda campaign in an attempt to limit and/or remain viably tethered to the VH legacy. Hagar is [retracted] as dysfunctional dogs often do. [retracted] as good as any of Michael Vic's dogs.

DLR Bridge
10-27-2011, 12:37 PM
As far as the last tour goes, I think there were some piped in vocals along with actual backing vocals to flesh things out a bit. I have a recording of Romeo Delight in '08 where by the second "baby please. Can't take it anymore" sounds like the next step up harmony of Wolf's young, flair lacking voice. All things considered, I take that for what it is and say fuck it. As far as bass goes, I'm calling bullshit on that one. His Romeo Delight and So This Is Love embellishments were going from his hands to his speakers. Observed with me own pretty damn good eyes. How much harder are any of the remaining parts to play, that he would even need a safety net tape? No way, uh uh. He can play.

As for the band and it's wonderous means of self managing (or not managing) one tour in one country and no new music yet in every bit of 5 years is just plain tragic and upsetting to their legion of fans. Dave rejoined in his early 50's. Dave is now in his late 50's. So much more could and should be happening with these people (obviously). I truly hope they are puttin' the ribbon on atleast a single for a GD Christmas present.

chefcraig
10-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Awesome! Piped in vocals and bass? Or maybe there was extra help offstage so it sounded more live. What is funny is how willing some are to settle for way less. It is no longer VH. Nobody wants to admit it so they delude themselves into thinking the last tour was the shit, it wasn't. Or they say that it is all good as long as Dave and Ed are together, that the bass, drums and back up vocals are secondary, wrong. Waiting for this alleged album and tour to happen, already believing it I'll be the best thing this one time supergroup has ever done. OK. It's over, if you missed it the first time around, you missed it. The train you're waiting for isn't coming. Sorry.

If people were willing to be honest about how the situation stood in 2007/2008, they'd have to agree. The truth is, anyone that went to these shows, whether they saw the original band in the past or not, was enjoying a nostalgia show. Hell, Edward Van Halen himself couldn't be bothered to sober up for the first part of the tour.

But that isn't to say that the folks that paid to see these shows (many of whom had never the opportunity to witness EVH and Dave together on a stage before) did not enjoy themselves or get their money's worth. And it certainly isn't a matter for me to judge, mainly because I saw the original several times and refused to fork over hard earned cash for what (in my opinion) was an ersatz representation of the "concept" of Van Halen. In other words, this was an approximation of VH, and not to be mistaken for the real thing. If people could accept it for that, fine, yet I highly doubt anyone who went to these shows would be willing to say they saw the genuine article.

As for the matter of the new album/tour, again, I doubt people are exactly expecting the second coming of Fair Warning. At this point (and with little if anything pointing toward inspired creativity from Edward Van Halen in more than 20 years), most if not all would be happy with an effort like Diver Down.

Nitro Express
10-27-2011, 12:53 PM
David Lee Roth=Rock and Roll legend and one of the best front men in rock and roll history.

Sammy Hagar=Runs a taco stand in Cabo.

Nitro Express
10-27-2011, 12:55 PM
The Roth VH reunion Tour.

Roth=Did an excellent job.
Alex= Did an excellent job.
Eddie=Hit and miss.
Wolfie=Sucked.

Nitro Express
10-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Ahhh we got to see Roth take a girl's cell phone drop it down his pants mix it up in his sweaty junk and toss if back to her. The tour was worth it just to see that. He didn't toss the Jack all over the audience because Eddie would smell the booze and dive after it.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-27-2011, 12:58 PM
I think, under the circumstances, Wolfie did an admirable job...

Was he Mike? Of course not. But I think "sucked" is a tad bit harsh.....

Etienne
10-27-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't believe that there were any MA backing vocals 2007/8. Maybe piped in but don't MA's.

Vinnie Velvet
10-27-2011, 01:46 PM

In a recent interview with Attention Deficit Delirium, former Van Halen vocalist Sammy Hagar shared his opinion on the idea of a Guns N' Roses reunion as well as his thoughts on whether or not Van Halen would ever get back together.

Hagar acknowledged that there would be a ton of money in it for the original members of Guns N’ Roses if they reunited and even said that he would manage them himself if the opportunity arose.

"They’ve proved it again and again and again that it ain’t [about] the money," Hagar stated. "They just don’t get along because Axl goes out for a lot less money with his version of Guns N’ Roses, and Slash goes out for a lot less money with Velvet Revolver or by himself. The amount of money they could make if they got it all back together, made a great record and toured the world would probably be as much as The Rolling Stones [get], and for them not to do it, it obviously ain’t about the money."

"I would manage them," Hagar continued. "I’d be their manager and make sure they got the right deal from all the promoters. They could be the biggest band in the world if they wanted to."

But while the vocalist sees profit for Guns N’ Roses if they get back together, he thinks that it’s unlikely that Van Halen will return.

"I just don’t see Van Halen getting together again," the Red Rocker said. "I don’t know what would have to happen for it to happen. I don’t think they’re ever going to get together with Dave. They’ve been working on that record for a year and a half or whatever, and they keep postponing and postponing it."

"I just know that Wolfie, Dave and Ed are not the Van Halen that the world wants to see. To do it with David without Mike was a horrible decision, but those guys haven’t made a good decision since I left the band. I don’t think so. It’s not about me, I just think that they really burned Mikey and burned the fans by throwing him out before Dave came back finally."

Not only does Hagar think that Van Halen treated former bassist Michael Anthony poorly, he also adamantly believes that the band used recordings of Anthony’s backing vocals on their most recent tour.

"Those vocal harmonies on the last tour were Mike on tape," Hagar claimed. "Mike should’ve reamed them for it. Wolfie don’t sing like that, and Ed sure as hell don’t. Go on the Internet and listen to Ed’s voice live from the reunion with me. Hear him sing on 'When It's Love' and some of those songs. Ed can’t sing, and his voice is shot if he can, from cigarettes and booze anyway."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/sammy_hagar_interested_in_managing_guns_n_roses.ht ml

ThrillsNSpills
10-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Sambo wants to manage a Guns N Roses Reunion, LOL

Wouldn't you know it I saw this line and thought thank God the guy's getting a new schtick and a couple sentences later it's back to the same old schpiel about the brothers. That's called bait and switch...... (calculated businessman.)

Kristy
10-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Is Sammy just desperate for work? Attention? Is his shit Cabo Flablo franchise failing (*crosses fingers*)? As for Chickendick, when a major corporate retail chain like SwindleBuy sells your crap for only $4.99 new what would be the message of making another record? Oh Sammy baby, you really need to learn from history even if you can't live in the present. Did the latest effort by those one-trick pony miscreant Red Hot Chili Peppers sell? Did the latest trash by Axel sell? Why would your garbage be any different - except of course in comparasion, those acts have some degree of talent. And now you want to manage Slash? Why? Money to be made? Fans to exploit? Fuck you, Sammy.

hambon4lif
10-27-2011, 07:36 PM
I find it fucking hilarious that even in the event of a full-scale G'N'R reunion, Axl and Slash would turn to each other and actually say, with a straight face "You know who would be a good manager for us?....Sammy Hagar!" :lmao:

Satan
10-27-2011, 07:48 PM
If it would keep Sammy Hagar from ever releasing a record again AND reunite the real Guns N Roses, then I'm all for the idea.

Especially since my investment in their souls definitely has NOT paid off since about 1993 or so...... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

Kristy
10-27-2011, 07:50 PM
1993 ..? Oh, right. Kurt Cobain.

Satan
10-27-2011, 07:56 PM
1993 is when GnR started really falling apart. Technically you could say it began when they kicked Adler out, but Matt Sorum was a competent replacement. But when Izzy left the band, it was all downhill from there.

And Izzy's own efforts - Stones & Faces retro though they were - are far better than anything the AxHole Rose show produced after that.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKBgbbFaF2U&ob=av3e

Seshmeister
10-27-2011, 08:00 PM
I think, under the circumstances, Wolfie did an admirable job...

Was he Mike? Of course not. But I think "sucked" is a tad bit harsh.....

If he was not Eddie's son would it have been admirable job?

If Sinatra had given his kid a job playing bass in the orchestra pit that would have been fine but in a 4 piece legendary rock band where backing vocals from the bass player are key...

Of course it's entirely Ed's fault not his son's.

Hardrock69
10-28-2011, 05:47 AM
Oh god....stop it.....stop it...:lmao: :lol:

:lol:

Man......I mean it is bad enough that every time he opens his yap it is to sound like a cranky old battle-axe in mid-menopause....:lol:

But then he really comes out with some whacked out sci-fi shit......really? It really thinks it can manage a GNR reunion? Look, he needs to just go out to his country home in Humboldt County, and disappear. Nobody will miss him. And we won't have to listen to his vaporous ramblings.....

Well, but then, he does give us something to laugh at, so it is not as though he has ZERO entertainment value, lol.....

Terry
10-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Yeah, well, Hagar is correct that the version of Van Halen people wanted to see didn't include Wolfgang.

He's also partially correct in that Van Halen haven't made many good decisions since Hagar left in 1996. Getting Roth back, twice, were about the only calls made that I agree with.

As to if the backing vocals were piped in in 2007-2008, from the show I saw the background vocals sounded a bit TOO perfect at times.

Van Halen as a contemporary unit just waste too much time for my liking. Their whole pace these days is the antithesis of what they represented back when they actually mattered. Basically, looks like they got nothing left to offer. Hey, whatever. 6 legendary albums is about 5 more than most bands could even hope for anyway.

BITEYOASS
10-31-2011, 02:05 PM
Oh I beg to differ, the train may be running late, but its coming with a vengeance ... ALL ABOARD!!!

Always another train pulling into that station.
And I'll be smilin' again.
Can't help it, its the kind of guy I am, awe reap. :hitch:

sonrisa salvaje
10-31-2011, 04:49 PM
I don't see this as any different from Sam's other fantastic claims. This kind of pales in comparison to hanging out with aliens and turning down Aerosmith and Motley Crue for vocalist. You might say that Sam is "the most interesting man in the world." Stay tacky my friend.

chefcraig
11-01-2011, 03:04 PM
You might say that Sam is "the most interesting man in the world." Stay tacky my friend.

"His words carry weight that would break a less-interesting man's jaw..."

sonrisa salvaje
11-01-2011, 08:00 PM
"His words carry weight that would break a less-interesting man's jaw..."

And sharks have a week dedicated to him.

VHscraps
11-01-2011, 08:07 PM
What happened to that Random Hagar Insult Generator?

Sometimes it just needs to be there to let us vent. Anybody who writes lyrics like 'green ain't mean compared to red' should be insulted daily, or even hourly. Was there an animated gif where you could punch him, and it made these great whacking sounds ...?

chefcraig
11-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Was there an animated gif where you could punch him, and it made these great whacking sounds ...?

There was that game I made using an online creator from a few years ago. I checked, and surprisingly enough, it still works. Here's the link:
"Hammer The Hagars" Shooting Game (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?53895-quot-Hammer-The-Hagars-quot-Shooting-Game&highlight=Hammer) http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/battle/gunfight14.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)