PDA

View Full Version : Colorado band fights over loading gear, guitarist ends up dead.

Diamondjimi
10-28-2011, 01:42 AM
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado Springs rock musician has died after he was punched and knocked to the ground in a fight involving other members of his band.

Police say Terry Span died Thursday, 12 days after the fight outside a club where the band had played. The 48-year-old Aleister Wild guitarist had been in a coma.

The coroner says the cause of death was a closed head injury.

Thirty-nine-year-old Michael Sorden was arrested on assault charges after the Oct. 8 fight. Police say prosecutors will decide whether to file other charges.

Sorden is a bass player in the band.

Another Aleister Wild member, vocalist Ernie Munoz, told The Gazette of Colorado Springs that Span was trying to calm Sorden after a dispute over loading the band members' equipment.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2579&Itemid=42 (http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2579&Itemid=42)

ashstralia
10-28-2011, 04:48 AM
'are we playing stonehenge tonight?'
'no we are not playing fucking stonehenge tonight!!!!!'

Little Texan
10-28-2011, 05:00 AM
It's always over something really stupid, isn't it?

stringfelowhawk
10-30-2011, 01:27 PM
That's a shame. They flew out to the U.S.S. Roosevelt on my first Med deployment and I liked them. They played their asses off at that show. Even did a spot on cover of "Stairway". I bought one of their cd's back then. I still have it though I don't know where it is right now. Hearing this I may dig it up and give it a listen cause its been a while. I remember at the time they were very close to having their own sound and were good enough to make it big. Hell, I kept expecting to hear they signed with a major label but it never happened. It wasn't until recently that I realized why. At least IMHO why. They had such a revolving door of members so they never had that stable core of members it takes to create it.

RIP