PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth gets into the Halloween spirit...

Diamondjimi
11-01-2011, 10:53 PM

Mr. Vengeance
11-03-2011, 06:17 PM
I picked up TH1RTE3N today....I think I'm going to need a few listens before I can really dismiss it, but after the first listen this may be the least heavy album since Risk. Some good songs, like Public Enemy No. 1, but a lot of more melodic stuff. The latter part of the album is heavier. Good songs for the most part, but I think this album will not satisfy some of those who've complained about Dave being too soft and commercial in the past.

sadaist
11-03-2011, 06:36 PM
HAHA!

That is so fucking cool of them. Just awesome. Megadeth has always been my favorite heavy metal band (I bought So Far, So Good, So What...the day it was released). Although I miss my fav lineup with Marty Friedman & Nick Menza. I couldn't even think of them as Megadeth when Ellefson was out. Dave & Dave it must be. But this video is excellent. Glad to see they are still having fun with their success and don't take everything so damn seriously like tea toting tennis turd Lars & his gang of fart sniffing multi-millionaires.

sadaist
11-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I picked up TH1RTE3N today....I think I'm going to need a few listens before I can really dismiss it, but after the first listen this may be the least heavy album since Risk. Some good songs, like Public Enemy No. 1, but a lot of more melodic stuff. The latter part of the album is heavier. Good songs for the most part, but I think this album will not satisfy some of those who've complained about Dave being too soft and commercial in the past.

What I have learned of myself over the many years of buying new albums...

Anything I like on the very first listen wears out after a while. Like a hit song going stale or getting dated. I just won't like it forever.

Anything I don't like the first listen will usually later become one of my favorites. Every Megadeth album I've had has taken 5+ solid listens before I start picking out songs I like best. As I wear those out other songs on the album will eventually step up & take the top spot. Weird. But that's the way it works for me.

binnie
11-04-2011, 08:35 PM
It reminds me of 'Countdown.....'

It's kind of odd to see Mustaine enjoying himself, but that was cool nonetheless.

sadaist
11-05-2011, 01:03 AM
It's kind of odd to see Mustaine enjoying himself.

Exactly. But dude has given me so much enjoyment over the decades that it makes me really happy to see him in a very good spot in life. Brother has been through so much. If the music suffers a little I am ok with it (but I don't think it will). Just good to see him in a good place....finally.

binnie
11-05-2011, 04:24 AM
I don't think that the music suffers at all. 'United Abominations', 'Endgame' and 'Thirteen' are all very, very good records.

Mr. Vengeance
11-05-2011, 08:53 AM
I've given Thirteen a few listens now. Like I said, some good songs, no really bad ones, I'd have liked the first half of the album to be as heavy as the second part. The title track is awesome to end the album.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-10-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm not a big fan of the new album, but this was really awesome :) Thanks for posting

binnie
11-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Why don't you like the new record?

binnie
04-25-2013, 01:14 PM
The title track of Megadeth's new record 'Super Collider' can be heard here:

http://loudwire.com/megadeth-title-track-super-collider/

Dave's Bitch
04-26-2013, 06:53 PM
The title track of Megadeth's new record 'Super Collider' can be heard here:

http://loudwire.com/megadeth-title-track-super-collider/

A little different from what i was expecting, Not in a bad way though.It has an anthemy feel about it.It's a pretty good song and i like Dave's vocals but i hope there are some Head Crusher,Sudden Death type songs to come.

binnie
04-27-2013, 05:27 AM
Me too. It feels like the mid-90s Megadeth, which is not necessarily a bad thing. It's just that I prefer the heavier stuff....

binnie
05-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Another, much heavier, new tune:

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/new-megadeth-song-kingmaker-unveiled/

Dave's Bitch
05-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Another, much heavier, new tune:

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/new-megadeth-song-kingmaker-unveiled/

Now that is more like what i was expecting :)

binnie
05-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Have you got a sore neck too? :D