PDA

View Full Version : Russia issues stark warning against attack on Iran

FORD
11-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Russia issues stark warning against attack on Iran
IAEA expected to say that Iran is nearing nuclear capability, according to report

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 2 hours 12 minutes ago

Russia and Iran warned the West against a military strike on the Islamic Republic Monday, saying an attack targeting its nuclear program would lead to civilian casualties and create new threats to global security.

The separate remarks by foreign ministers Sergei Lavrov of Russia and Ali Akbar Salehi of Iran coincided with speculation about a potential Israeli strike on Iranian nuclear sites ahead of the release of a U.N. watchdog report expected to cast more light on suspected military aspects to Iran's nuclear activity.

"This would be a very serious mistake fraught with unpredictable consequences," Lavrov told a news conference in Moscow when asked about reports that Israel was preparing for a possible pre-emptive military strike.

In St. Petersburg, Russia, Salehi said Iran "condemns any threat of military attack on independent states."

Salehi spoke alongside Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin and other ministers from nations in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), a regional grouping dominated by Russia and China in which Iran has observer status.

Germany's Foreign Ministry also rejected military action against Iran, suggesting that the dispute should be resolved through diplomatic pressure instead. "This continues to be the key way to move forward in dealing with this threat to regional and international security," a spokesman said.

Foreign assistance
New disclosures in the IAEA report provide details on an apparent secret research program that was more ambitious, more organized and more successful than commonly suspected, The Washington Post said.

The paper said the report's findings provide new details on the role played by a former Soviet weapons scientist who allegedly tutored Iranians on high-precision detonators of the kind used to trigger a nuclear chain reaction.

Technology linked to Pakistani and North Korean experts also helped Iran advance its capabilities, the officials and experts told the paper.

The report says the intelligence also supports concerns that Iran continued to conduct weapons-related nuclear research after 2003, when U.S. intelligence agencies believed Iran halted the research in response to international pressure.

"The program never really stopped," David Albright, a former IAEA official who reviewed the agency's findings, told the paper.

"After 2003, money was made available for research in areas that sure look like nuclear weapons work but were hidden within civilian institutions," Albright told the paper.

Western powers believe Iran is trying to develop nuclear weapons under the cover of a civilian nuclear energy program.

Tehran denies wanting atom bombs, saying it is enriching uranium only to power reactors for electricity generation.

The United States, the European Union and their allies have imposed economic sanctions on Tehran for refusing to halt its uranium enrichment program.

The United States and Israel have repeatedly hinted at the possible use of force against Iranian nuclear sites, eliciting threats of fierce retaliation from the Islamic Republic.

Based on the intelligence the U.N. agency has concluded that Iran "has sufficient information to design and produce a workable implosion nuclear device" using highly enriched uranium as its fissile core, Albright said.

Albright described some of the highlights at a private conference of intelligence professionals last week, the newspaper said, adding that it had obtained slides from the presentation and a summary of Albright's notes.

Russia and China grudgingly supported four previous rounds of sanctions against Iran over its nuclear program. But the two veto-wielding U.N. Security Council members have made clear any new sanctions would be an extremely tough sell.

Moscow is calling for a step-by-step process under which the existing sanctions would be eased in return for actions by Iran to dispel concerns over its nuclear program, which Tehran says is purely peaceful.

Russia, which has built Iran's first nuclear power station, has vociferously opposed any military action.

"There is no military solution to the Iranian nuclear problem as there is no military solution to any other problem in the modern world," said Lavrov.

"This is confirmed to us every day when we see how the problems of the conflicts around Iran are being resolved -- whether Iraq or Afghanistan or what is happening in other countries in the region. Military intervention only leads to many times more deaths and human suffering."

Reflecting regional fear of blowback from any attack on Iran, a government official in Kuwait said the Gulf state would not let its territory be used to launch attacks on any of its neighbors. Kuwait was a launchpad for the 2003 U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and lies a short distance from Iran across the Gulf.

Salehi echoed Lavrov's words hours later.

"Past experience has shown that willful, unilateral military actions by certain countries have led to instability, to the murder of innocent people and to the emergence of new threats to the world," he said at the SCO meeting.

Israeli media have been rife with talk that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is working to secure cabinet consensus for an attack on Iranian nuclear installations.

In Washington, Pentagon spokesman George Little said the United States remained focused on using diplomatic and economic levers to pressure Iran.

Asked whether he believed Israel would give the United States advance notice in the event of military action against Iran, Little said: "It would always of course be preferable on a matter as grave as this to work closely with the Israelis."

A military strike would likely provoke Tehran into hugely disruptive retaliatory measures in the Gulf that would sever shipping routes and disrupt the flow of oil and gas to export markets, political analysts believe.

It would sour ties between the West and Russia, where Putin is expected to return to the presidency in 2012.

Senior Russian security officials accept that the West has legitimate concerns about Iran's nuclear program. But Putin has said several times in the past that there was no clear evidence that Iran is trying to develop a nuclear bomb

Reuters contributed to this report.

FORD
11-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Ezekiel 38
A Message for Gog
1 This is another message that came to me from the Lord: 2 “Son of man, turn and face Gog of the land of Magog, the prince who rules over the nations of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him. 3 Give him this message from the Sovereign Lord: Gog, I am your enemy! 4 I will turn you around and put hooks in your jaws to lead you out with your whole army—your horses and charioteers in full armor and a great horde armed with shields and swords. 5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya will join you, too, with all their weapons. 6 Gomer and all its armies will also join you, along with the armies of Beth-togarmah from the distant north, and many others.

7 “Get ready; be prepared! Keep all the armies around you mobilized, and take command of them. 8 A long time from now you will be called into action. In the distant future you will swoop down on the land of Israel, which will be enjoying peace after recovering from war and after its people have returned from many lands to the mountains of Israel. 9 You and all your allies—a vast and awesome army—will roll down on them like a storm and cover the land like a cloud.

10 “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: At that time evil thoughts will come to your mind, and you will devise a wicked scheme. 11 You will say, ‘Israel is an unprotected land filled with unwalled villages! I will march against her and destroy these people who live in such confidence! 12 I will go to those formerly desolate cities that are now filled with people who have returned from exile in many nations. I will capture vast amounts of plunder, for the people are rich with livestock and other possessions now. They think the whole world revolves around them!’ 13 But Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish will ask, ‘Do you really think the armies you have gathered can rob them of silver and gold? Do you think you can drive away their livestock and seize their goods and carry off plunder?’

14 “Therefore, son of man, prophesy against Gog. Give him this message from the Sovereign Lord: When my people are living in peace in their land, then you will rouse yourself.[b] 15 You will come from your homeland in the distant north with your vast cavalry and your mighty army, 16 and you will attack my people Israel, covering their land like a cloud. At that time in the distant future, I will bring you against my land as everyone watches, and my holiness will be displayed by what happens to you, Gog. Then all the nations will know that I am the Lord.

17 “This is what the Sovereign Lord asks: Are you the one I was talking about long ago, when I announced through Israel’s prophets that in the future I would bring you against my people? 18 But this is what the Sovereign Lord says: When Gog invades the land of Israel, my fury will boil over! 19 In my jealousy and blazing anger, I promise a mighty shaking in the land of Israel on that day. 20 All living things—the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, the animals of the field, the small animals that scurry along the ground, and all the people on earth—will quake in terror at my presence. Mountains will be thrown down; cliffs will crumble; walls will fall to the earth. 21 I will summon the sword against you on all the hills of Israel, says the Sovereign Lord. Your men will turn their swords against each other. 22 I will punish you and your armies with disease and bloodshed; I will send torrential rain, hailstones, fire, and burning sulfur! 23 In this way, I will show my greatness and holiness, and I will make myself known to all the nations of the world. Then they will know that I am the Lord.

Meschech = Moscow
Persia = Iran
Ethiopia = The Biblical version was a much larger region of Africa than the current nation. Think Somalia, Sudan, etc.
Gomer= Germany
Togarmah= Turkey

Or in other words, the arrogance of Israel's Likud warmongers, and specifically the obsessive paranoia of one Benjamin NuttyYahoo is about to begin World War III and fulfill a really old prophecy all at the same time.

Nice going, asshole. :mad:

PETE'S BROTHER
11-07-2011, 04:53 PM
and i feeel fiiine

Candy Girl
11-07-2011, 07:11 PM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/51500/Kiss-Your-Ass-Goodbye--51770.jpg

Kristy
11-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Wow, I haven't beens to a Bible study in years.

Blaze
11-07-2011, 08:39 PM
and i feeel fiiine

<PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F56bbec85-54dd-4972-aeac-560a2317a60e&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate"><PARAM NAME="quality" VALUE="high"><PARAM NAME="bgcolor" VALUE="#FFFFFF"><PARAM NAME="allowscriptaccess" VALUE="always"><embed src="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F56bbec85-54dd-4972-aeac-560a2317a60e&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate" id="Player_56bbec85-54dd-4972-aeac-560a2317a60e" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" name="Player_56bbec85-54dd-4972-aeac-560a2317a60e" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="250px" width="250px"></embed></OBJECT> <NOSCRIPT><A HREF="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F56bbec85-54dd-4972-aeac-560a2317a60e&Operation=NoScript">Amazon.com Widgets</A></NOSCRIPT>

Nitro Express
11-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Israel attacks Israel is toast. To bomb Iran is the same as bombing China or Russia. It's been clear for some time someone wants to set a war off.

FORD
11-07-2011, 10:19 PM
But Israel expects God to step in and save their ass, as the Ezekiel prophecy says He will.

Whether God actually does that or not is another matter. Can't imagine He would take NuttyYahoo's side.

Blaze
11-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Not all of Israel expects that Ford. There are Jews in Israel that feel hostage to their government's odd behavior.

but the Armageddon campaigners are myopic in moving a time line they have envisioned.
I call them annihilation extremist. They look for the destruction of the world, such as Armageddon.

Blaze
11-07-2011, 11:01 PM
The likely hood that humans will destroy the Earth is unlikely. Humans may perhaps make it very uncomfortable or even inhospitable for humans and/or various mammals.

Kristy
11-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Fuck R.E.M. (millionaire pussies) When it comes to the countdown to the Apocalypse. There is one song and one song only. Must I teach you miscreants EVERYTHING!?

knuckleboner
11-08-2011, 01:58 AM
russia will NOT attack israel if israel makes a limited strike on iran. no chance. there is no way they'd risk a bigger fight with at least 1 nuclear advesary over iran.

putin's flexing nuts. that's all.

Nickdfresh
11-08-2011, 02:05 AM
LOL Russia can't 'project power' beyond Georgia...really? They're going to attack Israel? Good luck with that Red Army conscripts...

Nitro Express
11-08-2011, 11:20 AM
But Israel expects God to step in and save their ass, as the Ezekiel prophecy says He will.

Whether God actually does that or not is another matter. Can't imagine He would take NuttyYahoo's side.

Having lived in Israel I was amazed at how much of the population there really didn't care about religion. If anything to many Jews, Christians, and Muslims it was a big money making opportunity. Religious tourism is a huge industry. Israel has the same problem as we do. The citizens overall are pretty decent people but the government is absolutely power hungry and nuts.

You can't leave Israel without getting a hand carved from olive wood nativity set from Bethlehem. Of course all of those are made by Muslim Palistinians. Muslims cashing in big on Jesus. They love it.

Nitro Express
11-08-2011, 11:48 AM
russia will NOT attack israel if israel makes a limited strike on iran. no chance. there is no way they'd risk a bigger fight with at least 1 nuclear advesary over iran.

putin's flexing nuts. that's all.

It's not so much Putin. It's China. The west is basically fighting an oil war with China. Why we stay in Afghanistan is we want to hold control over the Kyber Pass and destabilize Pakistan. Why? So China cannot build an oil pipeline to Iran. The west is using military might to try and control all of the world's key oil spots. Putin kicked the western oil companies out of Russia. They don't control Iran. Kaddafi was starting an African alliance, and then you have Venezuela. The west wants to control all these countries to try and take it's economic power back from China. Since the worlds trade currency has always been based on oil, oil is the real wealth and that is what all the fuss is over. The west wants to control Iran's flow of oil.

It's all about destabilization and they are taking advantage of that. NuttyYahoo might be a religious nutcase or he might just be a puppet following orders. I mean without US money, Israel would not last long.

The reality is the west is broke and loses more of it's military capability as time goes on. It's nothing more than a bunch of stupid oligarchs who underestimated China and helped build the same monster with short-term greed that they now can't control. I think they figured they could always slap China back into line with military force but they can't do it now. It's only a matter of time before the Chinese navy controls the South China Sea.

BITEYOASS
11-08-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm surprised an Occupy Israel hasn't started yet, or a coup to oust Netanyahu. Oh yeah, I just had to play this song for the occasion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJAlIHsXcLY

Seshmeister
11-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Meschech = The Moon
Persia = Delaware
Ethiopia = A small hedgehog called Brian
Gomer= Disneyland
Togarmah= A Toga Party

Yeah well back on planet Earth...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15640952

Sarkozy exposed by gaffe over Israel's Netanyahu

By Christian Fraser
BBC News, Paris
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/56583000/jpg/_56583244_newpairafp.jpg
President Sarkozy's true thoughts slipped out - and not for the first time

The first rule of politics: "Don't ever speak in front of a live microphone, if you don't want to be overheard."

The comments that have heaped embarrassment on French President Nicolas Sarkozy and US President Barack Obama were made in a backroom meeting, ahead of a bilateral press conference. Private - but now out in the open.

The journalists had been told not to plug headphones into the translation boxes they had been given. It was too good an invitation. Those who did were treated to a rare insight into the importance of personal relationships in international politics.

"I can't stand him any more," said Mr Sarkozy of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. "He's a liar."

Mr Obama replied: "You're sick of him. I have to deal with him every day!"

The comments were made on Thursday, yet the French reporters who were waiting in the conference hall gathered in a huddle and agreed not to publish what they had heard.

Was it the honour of the press pack - or the overbearing deference (even fear) with which French journalists approach the political class? You can't help feeling if similar comments had been overheard by British journalists, the tabloids would have had a field day.

Inevitably the quotes found their way into the Israeli newspapers and the damage was done.

Brusque with journalists

President Sarkozy has often displayed his impatience with questions from the floor.

Last week at the G20, the BBC's Paul Mason was treated to a "Sarko smackdown" for the temerity of asking whether French and German pressure was forcing political change in Greece and Italy. Mr Sarkozy did not hide his disdain.

The Israeli PM opposes the Palestinians' current drive for statehood
So who will dare to ask the French president for his reaction to this story?

Regardless of any response that might follow (and so far there has been none), what it shows is that some world leaders do have a "difficult" relationship with the Israeli prime minister. Perhaps it is his intransigence on the building of settlements in Palestinian territories.

And while some will smile at the diplomatic tap dance that will no doubt follow, there is a serious side.

Peace negotiations, delicate as they are, depend on trust. And this quote reveals there is very little trust between the French president and the Israeli prime minister.

But then, Mr Sarkozy does seem to have a difficult relationship with several world leaders.

Particularly revealing is an article that appears today in Le Monde.

"European Disunion" is the headline. It features an image of President Sarkozy surrounded by other European leaders - and between them, the insults and sideswipes that over the years each has directed at the other.

Blunt language

Mr Sarkozy appears to have an opinion on all of them.

Of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, "she says she's on a diet then she helps herself to a second helping of cheese," he said. Of Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero: "perhaps he's not very intelligent."

When asked about Silvio Berlusconi's ability to deliver reform in Italy he was at least stuck for words - though the roll of his eyes spoke volumes.

Le Monde columnist Arnaud Leparmentier, quoting a member of the EU's European Council, said when fellow leaders pick up the phone to talk to one another, they will often joke, "do you want me to tell you what he (Sarkozy) said about you - or do you want to start by telling me what he said about me!"

All in all, not the image President Sarkozy would have hoped to portray at the G20 summit six months from an election. This was one of the last opportunities to show on the biggest stage that he is a leader of international stature, respected and liked.

The agenda of the G20 summit was hijacked by the Greeks - now it has been sidelined by his own indiscretion.

Seshmeister
11-08-2011, 11:03 PM
You can't leave Israel without getting a hand carved from olive wood nativity set from Bethlehem. Of course all of those are made by Muslim Palistinians. Muslims cashing in big on Jesus. They love it.

Well I bet that blacks in South Africa during apartheid would sell stuff to tourists to try and feed their families too.

FORD
11-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Batshit Bachmann is apparently now demanding that Obama apologize to NuttyYahoo for what Sarkozy said.

As far as an "Occupy Israel" movement, I actually remember hearing about something like that taking place a few weeks ago. Of course you would never hear about that in the whore media, since they are all fans of NuttyYahoo, and love to project the blatant falsehood that every Jew on the planet - whether in the US, Israel, or otherwise - loves that demented son of a warmongering bitch, and supports everything he does.

BITEYOASS
11-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Another thing, WTF is up with all of these televangelist assholes getting all giddy about Israel going to war against Iran. Especially this fat fuck named Pastor Hagee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhJjl4bHQco

FORD
11-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Hagee literally believes that the "final" borders of Israel must include ALL of the land that God promised to Abraham in the book of Genesis, and that this is necessary before JC can return. He and other evangelicals also believe that the Ezekiel 38 scenario - Russia and a Muslim coalition invading Israel and getting their asses kicked by God Himself - is the "opening kickoff" to the whole Rapture/Tribulation/End of the World thing.

So in other words, Hagee literally believes he's doing God's work by encouraging Israel to start this war. But then, this is the same guy who also thought HITLER was doing God's work by hunting down the Jews and killing 6 million of them, which resulted in the UN creating modern-day Israel, which Hagee believes to be the fulfilling of Ezekiel 37.....

Ezekiel 37
The Valley of Dry Bones
1 The hand of the LORD was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I said, “Sovereign LORD, you alone know.”

4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath[a] enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.’”

7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.

9 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’” 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.

11 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. 13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. 14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.’”
One Nation Under One King
15 The word of the LORD came to me: 16 “Son of man, take a stick of wood and write on it, ‘Belonging to Judah and the Israelites associated with him.’ Then take another stick of wood, and write on it, ‘Belonging to Joseph (that is, to Ephraim) and all the Israelites associated with him.’ 17 Join them together into one stick so that they will become one in your hand.

18 “When your people ask you, ‘Won’t you tell us what you mean by this?’ 19 say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am going to take the stick of Joseph—which is in Ephraim’s hand—and of the Israelite tribes associated with him, and join it to Judah’s stick. I will make them into a single stick of wood, and they will become one in my hand.’ 20 Hold before their eyes the sticks you have written on 21 and say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. 22 I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms. 23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding,[b] and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God.

24 “‘My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees. 25 They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your ancestors lived. They and their children and their children’s children will live there forever, and David my servant will be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever. 27 My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I the LORD make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever.’”

Admittedly, this picture could be described as a "valley of dry bones"......

http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/genocide/mass-grave.jpg

....but it's obviously a ridiculous statement to say that Adolf was working for God. Also just as ridiculous to claim that God promised the entire middle east to just ONE branch of Abraham's family right after He told Abe that he (a 100 year old childless man at the time) would be "the father of MANY nations".

Seshmeister
11-09-2011, 11:23 AM
People sometimes say 'Why do you care what other people believe if you are an atheist? Why do you have to point out why they are wrong? They have their beliefs and faith and you have yours.'

This kind of thing is why.

SunisinuS
11-10-2011, 02:22 AM
London, England (CNN) -- They don't call it being "sent to Siberia" for nothing.

We learned this on the first day of our trip to Novokuznetsk, in the western part of this 5.1 million square-mile region of Russia, while filming a documentary about how and why the youth of this economically depressed city were in the death grip of a heroin epidemic.

It's a story squarely at odds with the rebranding of Russian youth as prosperous super humans living in a world of money, success and freedom.

In reality, Russia now consumes 21 percent of the world's heroin. And with a southern border more than 4,000 miles long, an area greater than the distance from New York to London, it's little wonder that Moscow's attempts at interdiction have largely failed.

A sense of Soviet-era poverty pervades in Novokuznetsk: the moldering grey housing blocks, the wake-up call of barking wild dogs, the 6 a.m. hotel breakfasts of Spam and hard-fried eggs speckled with dill. But we weren't here for fun. No one has much fun here.

Before we set off on our trip, we heard whispers of a new drug called krokodil -- a synthetic opiate made by mixing petrol, codeine pills, and eye drops -- that earned its reptilian nickname by turning users' skin scaly, eating them from the inside, and rotting the brain and limbs, before precipitating a painful death.

When researching the krokodil story, we heard grim tales of zombified addicts building DIY coffins to bury their friends, disfigured and brain-damaged ex-users, and religious cults disguised as rehab clinics. During a weeklong trip to Novokuznetsk, we found all of this -- and more.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/04/world/asia/vice-siberia-krokodil-tears/index.html?iref=obinsite#

Blaze
11-10-2011, 03:58 AM
London, England (CNN) -- They don't call it being "sent to Siberia" for nothing.

We learned this on the first day of our trip to Novokuznetsk, in the western part of this 5.1 million square-mile region of Russia, while filming a documentary about how and why the youth of this economically depressed city were in the death grip of a heroin epidemic.

It's a story squarely at odds with the rebranding of Russian youth as prosperous super humans living in a world of money, success and freedom.

In reality, Russia now consumes 21 percent of the world's heroin. And with a southern border more than 4,000 miles long, an area greater than the distance from New York to London, it's little wonder that Moscow's attempts at interdiction have largely failed.

A sense of Soviet-era poverty pervades in Novokuznetsk: the moldering grey housing blocks, the wake-up call of barking wild dogs, the 6 a.m. hotel breakfasts of Spam and hard-fried eggs speckled with dill. But we weren't here for fun. No one has much fun here.

Before we set off on our trip, we heard whispers of a new drug called krokodil -- a synthetic opiate made by mixing petrol, codeine pills, and eye drops -- that earned its reptilian nickname by turning users' skin scaly, eating them from the inside, and rotting the brain and limbs, before precipitating a painful death.

When researching the krokodil story, we heard grim tales of zombified addicts building DIY coffins to bury their friends, disfigured and brain-damaged ex-users, and religious cults disguised as rehab clinics. During a weeklong trip to Novokuznetsk, we found all of this -- and more.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/04/world/asia/vice-siberia-krokodil-tears/index.html?iref=obinsite#

My Brother calls that the Dawin effect. It's a shame really, but it is not the corruption of the government or a least not the above-ground government. That is the corruption of the underground government.

I viewed a show from Sweden, it was about a couple (young) that was killing themselves with smack. The Sweads showed mercy, but let nature take it's course. Those two died together during the documentary.
But again it is the lack of leadership from the underground, that leads those youths in your article to such chemistry experiments. It's a shame.

FORD
11-14-2011, 02:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRG6ahCs_t0