PDA

View Full Version : New Three Stooges Movie

High Life Man
11-07-2011, 08:02 PM
WHY?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU3C9IshZzo

ThatArtGuy
11-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Because there's money to be made no matter how bad it is.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-07-2011, 08:46 PM
because hollywood has nothin' new to produce. they could make a series of movies of the life and times of our own nitro express, limitless possibilities. :hee:

Hardrock69
11-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I recall reading about plans for this a couple of years ago. I predict it to be a bomb.

Why would anyone in their right minds pay to see a film where 3 guys try to imitate 3 other guys who were larger than life?

Fucking moron is going to try to BE "Curly". He will not be able to succeed no matter how good he is, BECAUSE HE IS NOT CURLY!

It would be the same as someone pretending to be Jimi Hendrix in a movie. Or John Belushi. EPIC FAIL.

Matt White
11-07-2011, 10:33 PM
I can see the appeal............

Yet the STOOGES are on ALL the time........and their stuff is timeless...especialy the early stuff............

MOE to Curly: "Mingle...or I'll MANGLE!"

CLASSIC ICONIC STUFF

Hardrock69
11-07-2011, 11:05 PM
"Hey! What's the big idea??!?!?!?!?

*BAM!* Hit's Curly in the head with a hammer.

Kristy
11-07-2011, 11:44 PM
No, it's ghey.

FORD
11-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Here's the promo pic of the New Stooges......

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/MJU1983/3stooges_GOP_7.jpg

High Life Man
11-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Fucking moron is going to try to BE "Curly". He will not be able to succeed no matter how good he is, BECAUSE HE IS NOT CURLY!

Or John Belushi. EPIC FAIL.

Odd you should say that. Michael Chiklis has played both - Belushi in 'Wired' and Curly in that made for tv movie about the Stooges.

High Life Man
11-08-2011, 12:14 AM
They are also putting Chaplin films through the 3D wringer. Ridiculous.

Hardrock69
11-08-2011, 04:04 AM
You have got to be kidding.....that is idiotic....

Seshmeister
11-08-2011, 07:36 AM
I hope they lose a lot of money.

ZahZoo
11-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Geez talk about the creative well going dry... they should leave the classics alone.

High Life Man
11-08-2011, 10:26 PM
http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/2011/11/06/afm_news_worst_idea_ever_charlie_chaplin_in_3-d/#

Hardrock69
11-09-2011, 01:46 AM
I have to marvel at the stupidity of these production companies.

"HEY BOSS! I got a great idea! Let's do a movie about the 3 Stooges in modern times! It will be a smash!"

"Sounds like a great idea. What kind of numbers are we talking about?"

"Oh, we can get it done for under 20 million"

"Ok. Do it."

1. The head honcho can use it as a tax write off if it bombs. In fact, that might be the sole purpose of making the fucking thing. A tax dodge in the guise of a movie.

2. The director or executive producer, or whoever the idiot was that came up with the idea figures if the bossman will go along with the idea, he can draw a fat salary, regardless of whether or not it succeeds. And he can hire a bunch of cronies to work on the film at a good salary. Who cares if it bombs.....they will get theirs no matter what.

3. The actors care about it bombing because it may hurt their careers. But, being otherwise unemployed, they will try for the part anyway. If it is a hit, they can ask for even more cash next time around. If it bombs, they made their money, and they can try to regain momentum in their next picture. At the very least they will have a job for a little while.

Hollywood is sorta like the US Treasury. If the US is going broke, the Treasury can always print up more dollars for just the cost of some paper, ink, labor, and electricity bills.

The studios can make a movie, can even insure it will succeed....it may suck but if they throw enough dollars at it, they can likely break even at the very least. They can make something out of nothing, just like the Treasury Department.

The audience be damned.

It is really fucking stupid.Then you have really original or kickass films that have to fight to get the green light.....it is a miracle if some of them get made, and even more of a miracle if they can get made without any fucking studio interference....

Some films it is so obvious it is going to bomb. I knew that John Revolting film "Battlefield Earth" was going to suck, even though the book itself was a decent sci-fi novel.

You can usually recognize when some studio is full of people with no common sense.

ZahZoo
11-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Thankfully we got folks like Clint Eastwood and Robert Redford out directing/producing some excellent films still...

chefcraig
11-09-2011, 10:11 AM
You can usually recognize when some studio is full of people with no common sense.

You can pretty much do the same with anyone involved in the entertainment industry. Just look at the ownership of the Miami Dolphins, the Florida Marlins, the New York Knicks, or for that matter, the brain-trust in charge of the Van Halen legacy/marketing machine.

Seshmeister
11-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Well the Van Halen marketing strategy over the last few years definitely makes it look like Ed didn't marry for brains...

Seshmeister
11-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Thankfully we got folks like Clint Eastwood and Robert Redford out directing/producing some excellent films still...

Did you see the viral pic going around about the problem at Clint's 81st birthday celebrations this week?

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/310999_171588989599248_100002444446056_346971_9933 87660_n.jpg

Looks like a myth since his birthday is in May but who am I to get in the way of a joke...

FORD
11-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Well, considering Clint is doing a promotional tour for his new J.Edna Hoover film, and is doing the New York-based talk shows this week, I doubt he was in Hollywood for any birthday parties.

Seshmeister
11-09-2011, 11:57 AM
It's all over the place, I nearly emailed Snopes to debunk it.

Did you see the story that HW Bush nearly asked Eastwood to be his running mate rather than Dan 'Big Brain' Quayle?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/clint-eastwood-as-george-h-w-bushs-running-mate-no-supporting-role-actor-says/

ZahZoo
11-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Did you see the viral pic going around about the problem at Clint's 81st birthday celebrations this week?

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/310999_171588989599248_100002444446056_346971_9933 87660_n.jpg

Looks like a myth since his birthday is in May but who am I to get in the way of a joke...

You sure that wasn't for Lindsay Lohan..?

ThrillsNSpills
11-10-2011, 08:41 PM
I recall reading about plans for this a couple of years ago. I predict it to be a bomb.

Why would anyone in their right minds pay to see a film where 3 guys try to imitate 3 other guys who were larger than life?

That and the fact that nobody can duplicate the Larry expression after he gets smacked.
Whoever they get will be better than Joe Besser, who couldn't take a punch.
Actually, there are a couple of Curly options even though it's a lost cause .
1. Chris Farley
2. Matt Pinfield
3. Sammy Hagar (especially after any interview)

Rikk
11-11-2011, 03:35 AM
This should not be surprising to anyone.

If anyone wants proof that Hollywood is dead and buried, just take one look at the trailer to Adam Sandler's JACK AND JILL monstrosity. I wish someone would kill Sandler with a crowbar.