PDA

View Full Version : so, our new insurance was offered today

PETE'S BROTHER
11-23-2011, 07:00 PM
cigna epo. $190/week for me and the bride, or $80/week for yo solo. jayzuz h! between insurance and the mortgage, two weeks per month are ggggggggggone.

VAiN
11-23-2011, 07:13 PM
No shit man... things are so fucking expensive! When we got our new insurance it came with an insane deductible - something like 3500, so we got gap insurance to cover that... so now I'm paying 2 goddamn insurance companies!

clarathecarrot
11-23-2011, 07:14 PM
So, ahh what are you saying..? there is like the story of this guy and his wife go to buy a new car and the salesman has the wife and husband at the table for final negotiations on the extras provided and the salesman says, -the car comes with a drivers side airbag, the passenger side air bag is extra- ,,,,the husband leans into the table and looks across at the salesman and whispers ...-how much extra-....lol.

It was a five windowed cartoon in Playboy many years back..lol.

PB, I was paying 150.00 a month back in 88 for single full coverage med and dental that was my cost to continue inbetween jobs...so your price is probably allright..??

I don't really know much about company ins policies as of late..?

Blaze
11-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Really sorry to hear that Pete's. :( That is horrible. Having medical care should be a basic utility.
I know I would not wish my path on anyone, and I'll never have an insurance company touch me, but I know I'll always have medical care, now.

Nitro Express
11-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Really sorry to hear that Pete's. :( That is horrible. Having medical care should be a basic utility.
I know I would not wish my path on anyone, and I'll never have an insurance company touch me, but I know I'll always have medical care, now.

You know the insurance companies were the ones who wrote the health care bill don't you? Why do you think healthcare has just gotten even more expensive since it passed? Also, if you are a private payer some services now drop you.

We probably will have an Occupy Healthcare movement in a little bit. It will only get more expensive and what you get for your money will be less. The government didn't fix a damn thing. They made a bad situation worse.

clarathecarrot
11-23-2011, 08:11 PM
If you are employed with a company I suppose things are more affordable . I am no expert.

I do know that you can form a group with friends and get a discount rate with some companies like your own select group of medical and dental.

I also know you can set asside within the bank you use several different style accounts catastofic,sp.. dental, ( like a money market that has no penalty for periodic withdrawl) interest bearing accounts for use in the time of need.

There are options available.

Nitro Express
11-23-2011, 08:17 PM
If your company gets an exemption. Like McDonald's got. Some companies will get a free ride and others won't. Small businesses will be ran out of business. The politicians are already using the healthcare plan as a way to reward their corporate friends and hurt their enemies. Then they will start rationing care because frankly, when they were so busy ramming the thing into law, they really didn't think about how they were going to finance the monstrosity. Canada is cutting back on their care.

Little Texan
11-23-2011, 08:20 PM
cigna epo. $190/week for me and the bride, or $80/week for yo solo. jayzuz h! between insurance and the mortgage, two weeks per month are ggggggggggone.

That is absolutely fucking ridiculous, and with this new "Affordable" Health Care Act going into effect, people are going to be forced to buy this outrageously priced insurance.

They call it the "Affordable" Health Care Act, but my question is what are they calling affordable? Affordable has a bit different of a meaning to millionaires than it does your common, everyday folks that work for a living and are living paycheck to paycheck. Fuck it, they'll just have to haul my ass to the gulag cause my poor cracker ass can't afford that shit, if it's priced anywhere near what Bro is paying for his insurance.

Nitro Express
11-24-2011, 01:21 AM
That is absolutely fucking ridiculous, and with this new "Affordable" Health Care Act going into effect, people are going to be forced to buy this outrageously priced insurance.

They call it the "Affordable" Health Care Act, but my question is what are they calling affordable? Affordable has a bit different of a meaning to millionaires than it does your common, everyday folks that work for a living and are living paycheck to paycheck. Fuck it, they'll just have to haul my ass to the gulag cause my poor cracker ass can't afford that shit, if it's priced anywhere near what Bro is paying for his insurance.

I don't think anyone is going to be buying any. Soon enough people will wake up and realize they got snookered and they will be mad as hell. It's just another tax administered by the IRS.

Blaze
11-24-2011, 02:31 AM
I don't think anyone is going to be buying any. Soon enough people will wake up and realize they got snookered and they will be mad as hell. It's just another tax administered by the IRS.

No, in the reasonable world the prices will be adjustable to fit. Health care is needed to keep workers healthy enough to work.

BigBadBrian
11-24-2011, 04:32 AM

You're naive. :gulp:

DONNIEP
11-24-2011, 08:24 AM
I work in health insurance administration and my company vehemently opposed Obama's "healthcare reform" law before it was rammed down the country's throat. God only knows how much money my company spent lobbying against the damn thing.

But I have to agree with all of you that health insurance costs too much. I pay a fortune to cover me and my daughter, and I work for MY health insurance company! We have a high deductible and everything except for an office visit is subject to the deductible. And we have a high out-of-pocket. So what that means is I pay a ton for coverage and then I STILL wind up paying for nearly all of our medical care myself. Of course, there is the safety net that my major medical policy provides - that we'd be covered if there was a catastrophic illness or injury. But for the most part I pay for everything out of my pocket. And Obama's "healthcare reform" did absolutely jack shit to either lower my insurance premium cost OR reduce my out-of-pocket.

DONNIEP
11-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Just one more thing - a real world example of the high cost of healthcare. Two days ago I got my EOB from where my 11 year old daughter had her yearly physical last month. For my 11 year old to have a "check-up" the total cost was $1040.18!!!!!!!!!! Over a thousand bucks!!! She had an office visit which lasted about 30 minutes, two immunizations, a finger prick for blood and a urinalysis. Keep in mind that the labs, which were performed in the office, were what are called 100% automated labs - the sample goes in the machine and the machine spits out the results. Period. You don't have to pay someone to interpret the results like you do an xray because the machine automatically gives you the results. A thousand bucks. :mad2:

neuralfraud
11-24-2011, 10:03 AM
There's nothing affordable about affordable health care; insurance is bullshit.

You MIGHT be better off paying out of pocket for a plan through a site like eHealthinsurance.com - which is what I did after my (former, scam-for-profit charity) company told us the rates would end up costing $700/month for full family coverage and a $12,500 ded while the CEO/COO simply billed the company for all of their expenses. I've currently got fully family thorugh cigna ppo for $398/month

The only time insurance ever came in handy was for my wife's pregnancy. At the time she had an aetna plan and it covered everything through delivery. She paid $500 after all was said and done. If you plan on having a baby, make sure you have full coverage for that shit, otherwise you'll be paying thousands on top of the insurance costs!