PDA

View Full Version : New Company Policy: We Are Not Hiring Until Obama Is Gone

BigBadBrian
11-24-2011, 04:23 AM
LINK (http://www.11alive.com/news/article/214228/3/Company-Policy-We-are-not-hiring-until-Obama-is-gone)
WACO, Ga. -- A west Georgia business owner is stirring up controversy with signs he posted on his company's trucks, for all to see as the trucks roll up and down roads, highways and interstates:

"New Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone."

"Can't afford it," explained the employer, Bill Looman, Tuesday evening. "I've got people that I want to hire now, but I just can't afford it. And I don't foresee that I'll be able to afford it unless some things change in D.C."

Looman's company is U.S. Cranes, LLC. He said he put up the signs, and first posted pictures of the signs on his personal Facebook page, six months ago, and he said he received mostly positive reaction from people, "about 20-to-one positive."

But for some reason, one of the photos went viral on the Internet on Monday.

And the reaction has been so intense, pro and con, he's had to have his phones disconnected because of the non-stop calls, and he's had to temporarily shut down his company's website because of all the traffic crashing the system.

Looman made it clear, talking with 11Alive's Jon Shirek, that he is not refusing to hire to make some political point; it's that he doesn't believe he can hire anyone, because of the economy. And he blames the Obama administration.

"The way the economy's running, and the way my business has been hampered by the economy, and the policies of the people in power, I felt that it was necessary to voice my opinion, and predict that I wouldn't be able to do any hiring," he said.

Looman did receive some unexpected attention not long after he put up his signs and Facebook photos. He said someone, and he thinks he knows who it was, reported him to the FBI as a threat to national security. He said the accusation filtered its way through the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and finally the Secret Service. Agents interviewed him.

"The Secret Service left here, they were in a good mood and laughing," Looman said. "I got the feeling they thought it was kind of ridiculous, and a waste of their time."

So Bill Looman is keeping the signs up, and the photos up -- stirring up a lot of debate.

"I just spent 10 years in the Marine Corps protecting the rights of people... the First Amendment, and the Second Amendment and the [rest of the] Bill of Rights," he said. "Lord knows they're calling me at 2 in the morning, all night long, and voicing their opinion. And I respect their right to do that. I'm getting a reaction, a lot of it's negative, now. But a lot of people are waking up."

FORD
11-24-2011, 10:40 AM
If he "just spent 10 years in the Marine Corps" then I assume he must have been out of the country, and nobody told him who actually fucked up the economy?

Va Beach VH Fan
11-24-2011, 10:58 AM
I agree it's ridiculous to have the FBI and Secret Service investigate him, although I don't think you can be too careful nowadays, especially with a loon firing a shot at the White House last week....

But Billy Joe Bob needs to go back to Redneck High School and take a civics class if he thinks the President can create jobs by himself, let alone with an obstructionist Congress.....

Kristy
11-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Looman made it clear, talking with 11Alive's Jon Shirek, that he is not refusing to hire to make some political point; it's that he doesn't believe he can hire anyone, because of the economy. And he blames the Obama administration.

Rethuglican intellect never fails to amaze me.

BigBadBrian
11-24-2011, 04:54 PM
I agree it's ridiculous to have the FBI and Secret Service investigate him, although I don't think you can be too careful nowadays, especially with a loon firing a shot at the White House last week....

But Billy Joe Bob needs to go back to Redneck High School and take a civics class if he thinks the President can create jobs by himself, let alone with an obstructionist Congress.....

VB, I would have expected an insult like this out of morons like KKKristy or Little Texan, but not you. When you can't refute them, insult them, huh? A veteran no less.

Anyway, define "obstructionist Congress." Are you talking about a Congress that votes against a President's irresponsible policies? You must be.

Obama has offered nothing but Stimulus II. Stimulus I put very little people to work, was a bust, and added almost $1 Trillion to the deficit. Stimulus II is more of the same.

He's not trying to put people to work, he's trying to secure a job for the next 4 years.

SunisinuS
11-24-2011, 05:30 PM
VB, I would have expected an insult like this out of morons like KKKristy or Little Texan, but not you. When you can't refute them, insult them, huh? A veteran no less.

Anyway, define "obstructionist Congress." Are you talking about a Congress that votes against a President's irresponsible policies? You must be.

Obama has offered nothing but Stimulus II. Stimulus I put very little people to work, was a bust, and added almost $1 Trillion to the deficit. Stimulus II is more of the same.

He's not trying to put people to work, he's trying to secure a job for the next 4 years.

And you know....pack your Gerbils up your Ass......"What if he Did?"

Lol the world apparently will end for BBB when Obama next takes office.

Got those black sneakers ready? As I think your Hero Rush Limbaugh said She would leave the country if "Obamacare" passed....now....why is she still here?

Damn...another Republican Promise tossed to the dust bin of histrionics....

Read My Lips.

I am kissing you goodbye.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Are you talking about a Congress that votes against a President's irresponsible policies?

No sir, I'm talking about a Congress that doesn't HAVE to vote because of the lame-ass filibuster rules....

That's why it takes not a majority, like 51, but 60 votes to pass a bill in the Senate nowadays....

And it's been the Republican's mission to deny those next 4 years for his entire term, rather than, you know, help the country....

FORD
11-25-2011, 12:39 AM
I guess Brian missed it when Mitch the Turtle said his one job in the Senate was to make sure Obama was a one term president.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc

Did you get that, Brian?

Not create jobs. Not end the wars. Not doing anything reasonable to lower the debt, by taxing the rich.

All they want is to get that ni**er out of the White House. That's all they live for .

Nitro Express
11-25-2011, 01:23 AM
I laughed when some Republican cheer leading bozo said any of the Republican candidates besides Ron Paul would be better than Obama. The reality is those candidates are all bought and paid for by the same people that finance Obama. I doubt anything would change that much and the same Bush/Obama agenda will chug forward as the administration is filled with corporate cronies. Most these candidates are just a license to steal. I doubt most of them even understand what they are involved in beyond that those organizations or people give me money. That's probably the extent of the sophistication.

Nitro Express
11-25-2011, 01:29 AM
I guess Brian missed it when Mitch the Turtle said his one job in the Senate was to make sure Obama was a one term president.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc

Did you get that, Brian?

Not create jobs. Not end the wars. Not doing anything reasonable to lower the debt, by taxing the rich.

All they want is to get that ni**er out of the White House. That's all they live for .

Oh our brown nosing local DJ on the station that carries Rush and Hannity just got back from Washington DC where he went to a conference sponsored by the Heritage Foundation and told us any of the Republican candidates besides Ron Paul would be better than Obama. You are right, they aren't talking policy. They aren't talking about restoring justice and ending banking and corporate abuse and fraud. They are talking about making Obama a one term president so the next Republican asshole can steal even more money and take even more rights away. I guess some people prefer to be fucked over by a white cock. Of course it's a crazy world and Herman Cain could win and then we will be fucked with a big black, crazy cock with 999 tattooed on it.

Nickdfresh
11-25-2011, 01:13 PM
"New Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone."

So he's not hiring anyone 'til 2016?

Nickdfresh
11-26-2011, 01:52 AM
And what if the economy suddenly gets a lot better? Will this guy be singing his praises and hiring someone new every week?

Nitro Express
11-26-2011, 02:00 AM
It's not going to get better. Burnanke shot his wad. He's out of bullets. If he dropped rates any lower we would be into negative interest rates and if he raised them he stalls what's left of the economy. The government is in such a shambles no business can even make a five year plan because they have no idea what their taxes are going to be. The only city in the US that has any kind of housing industry left is the greater Washington DC area because the government is growing and hiring people. That is unsustainable. Plus, we have $14 trillion of debt and that is growing over $1 trillion a year. Trust me. The economy isn't going to recover for a very long time. Japan bailed their too big to fails out and their stock market never recovered in twenty years. Why would we be any different? If we would have just let the banks fail things would have been very bad for three or four years and then the reputable banks would have taken over the assets of the failed banks and we would have been pulling out of the slump by now. I don't care what the professors in the universities say, Keynesian economics never works long-term.

This decade in the US will be a lost decade and we will see if the next one will be as well. It's all about incompetent people trying to hang onto their jobs more than it is about anyone fixing anything. Bernanke is pulling a clever trick of printing money and giving it to the big banks and they trade the money amongst themselves and drive the stock market up; meanwhile they don't loan outside of that system. It makes them money and it avoids hyperinflation but it's all contrived. There is no real free market economy right now. I mean you can make inflation even profitable if you get your money first convert it and come in later and buy things cheap. I think this is what they are setting up to do or have tried to do. Looking at the Baltic Dry Index shipping is way down meaning Asian exports are way down meaning they aren't accepting US dollars for finished goods like they were. The fed might have lost it's key foreign financing and might just be using gimmicks to prop itself up. There will be no recovery as long as the Fed continues it's current monetary policy.

sadaist
11-26-2011, 02:27 AM
if he thinks the President can create jobs by himself, let alone with an obstructionist Congress.....

No doubt. If only the President could have had his party in full control of both houses of congress so he cou................oh, nevermind.

Nitro Express
11-26-2011, 02:43 AM
No doubt. If only the President could have had his party in full control of both houses of congress so he cou................oh, nevermind.

The president can create lots of jobs. I have a Russian rifle and all over it are all these funny little inspection stamps. I mean it's a crude soviet era military weapon that is pretty rough but it has more quality inspection stamps than what you would see on a real high quality item. Then it dawned on me, having someone look at something and place a stamp created a job. Believe me, there is no end to the jobs a politician can create by just making more regulations and paperwork. It's not productive but it creates jobs and then you just print up some funny money to pay the people with. An old Russian saying goes,"We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us." I mean it's all been done before. There isn't much new when it comes to controlling people and herding them certain ways.

I mean the people who aren't money motivated you don't have to worry about and the people who are money motivated you have to worry about somewhat. It's the people who lust for power you really have to watch. These are the dangerous people. I mean some people if they have a lot of money just buy a private island and lay out on their own private beach. They stay out of your way. It's the person who doesn't care about that and gets their jollies off of manipulating populations of people and real estate that are super dangerous. I mean Hitler could have been a good leader and lived a good life but a comfortable life was not what got him off. Power was his lust and motivation.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-26-2011, 09:53 AM

That doesn't matter bro, not with the filibuster rules....

BigBadBrian
11-26-2011, 10:00 AM
That doesn't matter bro, not with the filibuster rules....

The filibuster was set up and intended so a party in control of the House, Senate, and White House couldn't run roughshod and dominate the government. See? Our system truly DOES have a system of checks and balances.

If Obama wants to get something thru Congress, he'll have to make it palatable to both houses of Congress, just like Bush and Clinton had to do. Either that, or he can cheat the system like he did with the Obamacare vote.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-26-2011, 10:08 AM
The filibuster was set up and intended so a party in control of the House, Senate, and White House couldn't run roughshod and dominate the government.

That may be the intended definition, but it's not how the current Republican congressional membership is using it....

FORD
11-26-2011, 02:33 PM
And when the Senate Majority leader is a spineless coward like Daschle or Reid, that doesn't help matters either. :(

Nickdfresh
11-27-2011, 05:34 AM
It's not going to get better. Burnanke shot his wad. He's out of bullets. If he dropped rates any lower we would be into negative interest rates and if he raised them he stalls what's left of the economy. The government is in such a shambles no business can even make a five year plan because they have no idea what their taxes are going to be. The only city in the US that has any kind of housing industry left is the greater Washington DC area because the government is growing and hiring people. That is unsustainable. Plus, we have $14 trillion of debt and that is growing over $1 trillion a year. Trust me. The economy isn't going to recover for a very long time. Japan bailed their too big to fails out and their stock market never recovered in twenty years. Why would we be any different? If we would have just let the banks fail things would have been very bad for three or four years and then the reputable banks would have taken over the assets of the failed banks and we would have been pulling out of the slump by now. I don't care what the professors in the universities say, Keynesian economics never works long-term.

This decade in the US will be a lost decade and we will see if the next one will be as well. It's all about incompetent people trying to hang onto their jobs more than it is about anyone fixing anything. Bernanke is pulling a clever trick of printing money and giving it to the big banks and they trade the money amongst themselves and drive the stock market up; meanwhile they don't loan outside of that system. It makes them money and it avoids hyperinflation but it's all contrived. There is no real free market economy right now. I mean you can make inflation even profitable if you get your money first convert it and come in later and buy things cheap. I think this is what they are setting up to do or have tried to do. Looking at the Baltic Dry Index shipping is way down meaning Asian exports are way down meaning they aren't accepting US dollars for finished goods like they were. The fed might have lost it's key foreign financing and might just be using gimmicks to prop itself up. There will be no recovery as long as the Fed continues it's current monetary policy.

Don't you remember when you were a middle-aged man during the Great Depression? Things got better then, right?

Nitro Express
11-28-2011, 01:46 AM
Oh it will get better after a very long-time. This one will take longer to pull out of than the Great Depression because it is a far worse situation than the Great Depression was. We are going to have to write off a lot of debt worldwide and doing that is going to get interesting. Right now the people who caused all that debt are in power and want to stick us with it for generations. Right now they are stealing left and right to keep their ponzi schemes going and even trying to flank constitutional law by just clamping down with force.

Europe and the US have been hijacked by some very scummy technocrats that want to stay in power and will do anything to keep it. There won't even be the begining of a recovery until those people are out of power. We are still sinking.

Nitro Express
11-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Either that, or he can cheat the system like he did with the Obamacare vote.

It's harder to do now. Obamacare was passed before the country was pissed off. We are pissed now and the members of congress are feeling the heat. They are going to want to stay in office and when the public isn't happy and threatens to vote them out, they are less likely to rubber stamp a yes vote on legislation they never bothered to read. The country was still asleep then, it's awake now.