PDA

View Full Version : A guest mouse for Thanksgiving

Sensible Shoes
11-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Yep he may either be a guest or another dish since the little bastard sounds like he's in the oven and objecting to the heat! There is no way to find him so I think he's toast. Or roast. Take your pick.

ZahZoo
11-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Funny you mention a mouse guest.

Yesterday my 10 yr old daughter comes up from the laundry room with an old school mouse trap I'd set a couple of days ago with a good sized catch in it. She asked how to get it out of the trap and if she could flush it... we practice burials at sea here. Told her to grab a table knife from the silverware drawer and just lift the metal arm enough to let the dead mouse fall out.

So she heads down the hall to the bathroom... a minute later she's singing the Star Spangled Banner at the top of her lungs... Christina Aguilera style from Burlesque... About 3/4ths thru I just yelled "oh geez, Olivia just flush the damn thing already!!" Of course I get the "Dad!!! he deserves a proper song before it's surf's up time" I grummble... whatever. Then it's For the land of the free and home of the brave... Flush!!

Sensible Shoes
11-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Still in there squeaking. This is creepy - kinda ruining my appetite.

Matt White
11-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Just turn the heat up!!! :D

SunisinuS
11-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Still in there squeaking. This is creepy - kinda ruining my appetite.

“You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!”

Personally I think it is a Whistling potatoe.

Sensible Shoes
11-24-2011, 05:28 PM
We still can't find it.

SunisinuS
11-24-2011, 05:35 PM
We still can't find it.

Call the local Gas company?

If you have a sound you cannot figure out....check your other senses.

ZahZoo
11-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Gas oven? Could have just been a valve acting up...

Nitro Express
11-25-2011, 12:51 PM
My grandmother had a bunch of bags of wheat under her stairs and of course mice got into them. It was my job to get rid of them. Before I set the traps I had some fun shooting them with marbles out of a wrist rocket sling shot. When one would come up over a bag of wheat I would let him have it with a cats eye marble. I was wickedly accurate with a sling shot in those days.

Sensible Shoes
11-25-2011, 03:25 PM
This was an electric oven. The male relatives were all over it when they got here and could find nothing. But they insisted it was something bigger than a mouse, and were trying to convince my housemate it was a bat or a rat. I think some severe teasing was going on personally. But something was in there, and once the oven was turned off, the squeaking stopped. No question it was SOMETHING alive.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-25-2011, 03:57 PM
http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?ID=4410813

Calls included:

- Woodpecker Wail- Shrill and piercing repetitive
- Raccoon Pups- Young coon cries of distress
- Kitten Distress- Helpless feline call of vulnerability
- Gray Fox Pup- Call of an immature fox
- Rodent Squeal- Series of squeaks and drawn out squeals

ThrillsNSpills
11-25-2011, 03:57 PM
This was an electric oven. The male relatives were all over it when they got here and could find nothing. But they insisted it was something bigger than a mouse, and were trying to convince my housemate it was a bat or a rat. I think some severe teasing was going on personally. But something was in there, and once the oven was turned off, the squeaking stopped. No question it was SOMETHING alive.

Well it shouldn't have stopped you from serving the mashed potatoes with a tail sticking out of it.

Sensible Shoes
11-25-2011, 04:30 PM
It didn't.

FORD
11-25-2011, 08:02 PM
If you have a rodent that survived being cooked in an oven all day along with the turkey, then you might as well give him a name and get used to him, because if that didn't kill him, he's probably not going anywhere.

Unless you have a cat who still has at least 8 lives to spare, in the course of hunting down this mutant supermouse. :biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
11-26-2011, 09:12 AM

Sensible Shoes
11-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Be vewwwy vewwwwy quiet.......