PDA

View Full Version : War on Christmas 2011: "Gay Apparel" edition

FORD
12-06-2011, 03:56 PM
'Gay apparel' back in song for Michigan students

Associated Press

4:05 AM CST, December 6, 2011

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich.

A Michigan elementary school principal says students are back to singing "gay apparel" in a well-known Christmas carol after a music teacher had them sing "bright apparel" instead.

Cherry Knoll Elementary School Principal Chris Parker told television station WPBN on Monday that he was disappointed with the decision to make the change to "Deck the Halls" after children kept giggling.

One line in the popular version of the song is "Don we now our gay apparel," referring to festive holiday clothing.

Parker says it's a teachable moment for the educator and students at the school in the Traverse City Area Public Schools district.

The students have a concert this month where they'll perform Christmas songs.

FORD
12-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Michigan Students to Don “Gay Apparel” After All

The line caused some concern, but principal Chris Parker says grade-schoolers in Traverse City, Mich., will once again be singing about donning “gay apparel.”
By Trudy Ring

After a bit of controversy, students in an elementary school in Traverse City, Mich., will once again be singing about donning “gay apparel.”

Chris Parker, principal of Cherry Knoll Elementary School, says the line in “Deck the Halls” has been restored, the Associated Press reports. The school’s music teacher had changed “gay apparel” to “bright apparel” because students giggled at the use of “gay.”

Parker had told local TV station WPBN Monday that he was disappointed with the teacher’s move, and he subsequently announced the restoration of the original lyric as the students prepare for a holiday concert later this month. He said the matter constituted a teachable moment for students and staff.

Several people who commented online on the station’s story called the teacher’s decision ridiculous. One wrote, “Can one word in a 150-year-old classic Christmas carol really offend someone?”

Some wondered how the students — first- and second-graders — would know that “gay” meant homosexual, while others pointed out that the children were probably giggling simply because they perceived it as a taboo word. Only a few comments were overtly homophobic; one said the use of “gay” to mean homosexual was a way to “distroy” the English language.

Sensible Shoes
12-06-2011, 04:03 PM
I hate every bit of PC bullshit surrounding Christmas.

I was surprised that they aired Charlie Brown last night because Linus quotes from Scripture. I don't even think Sesh would mind that.

FORD
12-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Posted: 11/28/11 02:45 PM ET

Were you aware that we recently won a major battle in the "War On Christmas?" Because over at Fox Nation, it seems that we are "winning the war on Christmas," due to a decision that was recently made by Walgreens, a retailer that specializes in -- wait...were you not aware there was even a "war on Christmas?" Sorry, let me back up.

Yes, if you are a traditional adherent of Christianity, you are probably hearing the words "war on Christmas" and wondering if you happened to miss some big news story. I can understand your confusion. For most mainstream Christians, the Yuletide season is one in which enormous accommodations are made to those who practice the Christian faith. You get time off from work, and schools get out so your kids can visit family, and on every block, there is an illuminated reminder that Christmas has arrived. You've probably noticed that this began about mid-October.

No holiday is as well accommodated in America as Christmas. It is perhaps one of the best celebrated religious holidays in the history of mankind. You have to go back to antiquity to find more lavish celebrations -- like, say, the inaugural games of the Roman Colosseum, which lasted 100 days because the Romans wanted to pull out all the stops to appease the gods they literally believed wanted to kill them all with plagues and volcanoes.

In fact, many Christians -- myself included -- register a basic level of annoyance at the way the Christmas season now stretches back into October, because we don't really need a basic reminder of how to properly celebrate the birth of Christ or His divinity on account of the fact that there is this basic concept called "faith" that we keep in our hearts, and which suffers no impediment from the way the nice people at the grocery store thank us for our custom. But there are another group of Christians who are incapable of holding onto their faith unless it is repetitively validated in the utterances of people who work at major American retailers. And it is on this front that the "war on Christmas" has historically been fought.

And yet, there's a "war"? Yes, apparently, there is, and my recitation of the explanation of the "war on Christmas" is, for long-time readers, becoming as heralded a tradition as the yearly airing of Linus Van Pelt's recitation of the Gospel of Luke on national network television!

Why the "war?" Well, as near as I can tell, being the top-dog, religion-wise, just isn't good enough for some people. There apparently exist adherents who are so feckless and inconstant in their faith, that nothing short of constant validation will do. So when one of these lesser lights walks into Walgreens and hears "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas And Praise Be To You Who Were Smart Enough To Practice The Best Religion Ever!" something inside these adherents' psyches snaps, breaks, and they come to develop an insane persecution complex.

It's pretty ironic that many years ago I selected "Walgreens" at random as my stand-in for a typical, American retailer, because per the Houston Chronicle, here's this year's major victory:

Walgreens is the latest store to return to explicit references to Christmas, switching its position a day after some Christian groups threatened to boycott over its generic holiday wording.

The American Family Association and the Liberty Counsel--Christian groups that maintain lists of "naughty" and "nice" retailers based on which stores reference Christmas--applauded Walgreens' switch, along with several other big stores who are coming off the naughty list for the first time in years.

For the American Family Association, which is best known for issuing a fatwa against the Gap for not using the term "Christmas" when it actually was, it's a hard-won concession. For the rest of us, we won't even notice this, because all Walgreens has decided to do is "use the word 'Christmas' to describe items [they] are selling for Christmas decorations and gifts." So, expect things like "Christmas tree ornaments" to be labeled "Christmas tree ornaments" at Walgreens, thus ending the confusion that must have been keenly felt by zero people.

Meanwhile, the continuing use of the term "war on Christmas" to describe the reaction of people who do not receive full validation of their religious beliefs from cashiers 100 percent of the time is still a grievous insult to people around the world who are legitimately persecuted for expressing their religious faith, and who look to the way religious freedom is accommodated in America with envy.

Link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/28/war-on-christmas-walgreens_n_1116921.html)

VHscraps
12-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Reminds me of that scene from Almost Famous, when budding rock critic William and his wacko Mom (who prefers to celebrate Christmas in September) pass a store where some dude is painting 'Merry Xmas' on the window:

Mom to poor guy painting the sign: "Excuse me! - I'm a teacher. 'Xmas' is not a word in the English language. It's either 'Merry Christmas' or 'Happy Holidays'."

Scared dude to scary Mom: "Thank you."

http://www.movie-censorship.com/pics/SBs/100/758916/lf3.jpg

http://www.movie-censorship.com/pics/SBs/100/758916/lf4.jpg

http://www.movie-censorship.com/pics/SBs/100/758916/lf7.jpg

I often get that movie mixed up with Laurel Canyon, in which that actress - Frances McDormand - plays a louche record producer in Hollywood with an uptight son, whose hot wife (Kate Beckinsale) she beds.

Hardrock69
12-06-2011, 08:44 PM
The holiday is Christmas.

But Jebus has nothing to do with "Christmas".

Christmas is about Santa Clause.

Since Jebus was born in September (in many expert's opinion [including historians]), and since there are numerous other "prophets" who were born on Dec. 25th, of an adulterous mommy who fucked gods, went on to heal the sick, raise the dead, die and come back to life as a zombie in a white bedsheet, thousands of years before Jesus was even a twinkle in Yahweh's eye, if anything Christmas should be associated with one of the early "prophets", as Jebus is just a "Prophet-come-lately" "also-ran" who decided to hop on the "propheteering" bandwagon because he did not want to grow up beating nails with a hammer like dear old dad.

Funny how Christians are getting a persecution complex over a holiday that has nothing to do with Christianity. I mean, it's not as if they are being forced into the arena at spear-point to play with oversized housecats or something. :hee:

Hardrock69
12-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Oh, and don't fuck with the lyrics to Christmas carols. If kids wanna giggle about gay apparel, so what?

Even gay people think it hilarious.

And I would surely love to bed Kate Beckinsale! :yo:

Nickdfresh
12-06-2011, 09:07 PM
http://ubereye.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/happy-festivus.png

Seshmeister
12-06-2011, 11:24 PM

I was surprised that they aired Charlie Brown last night because Linus quotes from Scripture. I don't even think Sesh would mind that.

The more scripture quoted the better. There is no greater proof of the ridiculousness of the bible than watching the simple writers trying to crowbar a Jewish messiah fable into the middle of an Egyptian religion in the middle of a pagan holiday. :)

It's a good time to teach your kids critical thinking and a bit of history. It can be a proud moment when they ask a teacher why is there no record of this census at that time and even if there were why would everyone have to go back to their ancient ancestors city? The oldest is getting interested in astronomy so at the weekend I was going to show her how the night sky appears to rotate around polaris and make it more interesting by showing how the three wise men would of course have been walking in circles if they followed the 'star'.

I do all that and then let them think that a magical man on a flying sledge delivers to a billion houses in one night because I'm being PC. Politically Correct means not being unneccesarily rude or upsetting to people and so I go with Santa because to not would cause upset amongst their peers.

I have misgivings about that but who wants to rain on the parade and apart from being significantly more plausible, Santa doesn't have a history of starting wars, killing people, taking their money, fucking their children, spreading AIDS or discriminating against people.

Seshmeister
12-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Merry Xmas... :)

Seshmeister
12-06-2011, 11:29 PM
the "propheteering" bandwagon

Notes for future stealing... :clap:

Hardrock69
12-07-2011, 12:12 AM
The more scripture quoted the better. There is no greater proof of the ridiculousness of the bible than watching the simple writers trying to crowbar a Jewish messiah fable into the middle of an Egyptian religion in the middle of a pagan holiday. :)

:lmao:

Hardrock69
12-07-2011, 12:24 AM
I have no doubt Sesh that you are a fine Dad, and your kids love you lots. At the very least you are sensible, and not trying to cram a Bible up their arse. :hee:

Seshmeister
12-07-2011, 12:42 AM
I've honestly been really surprised.

10% of people go to church here, our kids go to what you would call 'public school' in the US and they are getting hit with a ton of religion.

It's weird. Probably most of the parents and the teachers aren't religious but the kids get pumped full of this shit and the main reason seems to be that it's traditional. They then tie themselves in knots by teaching non Christian religions too but they don't do it in a scientific way. So you then have the situation where your kid is standing up saying 'I am good at this and less good at that because I was born in the Chinese year of the fucking idiot dog or something.

It's fucking ludicrous, I've been really close to just pulling them out of the whole situation. My kids are getting told they will burn in hell by other kids at a funded state school for not believing in god(s) by kids in their classes when most of the parents and teachers don't attend church and probably half are atheists.

Fucking insane but the other part of me is thinking that I don't want to impose beliefs on them or make them rebel and end up born again invisible friend or something.

Seshmeister
12-07-2011, 12:51 AM
I've only been trying to push them gently towards thinking critically but the line that seems to have made them go all atheist is asking them who made God then? In a way it could all be great, I remember going through grade school being the only kid who liked rock music like Rush or whatever and it didn't do me me any harm.

I guess all parents go through this, you absolutely want your kids to be independent thinking individuals and you also want them to be popular happy members of the crowd. You want them to be exceptional but invisible, interesting but conformists.

No wonder we're all so fucked up. :)

Seshmeister
12-07-2011, 12:56 AM
I have no doubt Sesh that you are a fine Dad, and your kids love you lots. At the very least you are sensible, and not trying to cram a Bible up their arse. :hee:

I found myself recently saying 'NO NO you have to read it, how can you dismiss it without knowing what it says?'

You can't understand half of the history of Europe without studying these stories, the problem is that kids obviously get confused by the absolutes of our goat herder superstitious ancestors.

Nitro Express
12-07-2011, 01:04 AM
In San Francisco the snotty yuppie types get pissed if you wish them a Merry Christmas. They prefer happy holidays. Then I go back to the hotel which had complimentary dinner and there is all this wonderful Mexican food. Wonderful tamales and the Mexican cook comes out and says Feliz Navidad! I made a Mexican Christmas dinner tonight and those are Christmas tamales. I was in Peru before Christmas one year and they made Christmas tamales and they were full of lard. Nasty! I prefer the Mexican version. So hell yeah, fuck it! Merry Christmas! and fuck the self-absorbed yuppies!

Hardrock69
12-07-2011, 02:16 AM
I agree 100%. Even though I am aware of the "history" of Christmas, that is what it is fucking called, and that is what I will always call it.

Nitro Express
12-07-2011, 02:56 AM
I agree 100%. Even though I am aware of the "history" of Christmas, that is what it is fucking called, and that is what I will always call it.

Yup. We all know it was the fucking Roman solstice holiday and then Constantine changed it to Christ's birthday celebration because he wanted to politically exploit Christianity for his own gain. Christmas has evolved into so many things. Hey let's face it, many special days are the products of retailers. Father's Day and Mother's Day were the result of a card company wanting to sell more cards. The modern Christmas is very much the product of retail. The santa as we know it first made his appearance in a Coca Cola ad. I can remember when times were good and employers would throw huge parties to celebrate a good year and give Christmas bonuses. It always amazed me how much personality some of the dullest people at the office got after they got some alcohol in them.

It can be what you want to make it. Some go a more religious route. Some see it as an opportunity to do some charity. Some see it as a family holiday. Some love the lights, decorations and songs. Some like the food and booze. Some like to shop. Some love to get out of school. Some like to get presents.

It is what it is after many years of evolution. I'm fine with it and have fun with it. I always liked Christmas. Who didn't like it when they were a kid? So excuse me while I decorate my pagan Germanic tree to celebrate for the sake of celebrating in the name of Christ (to make it sound more respectable) and try to put up more lights than the neighbors so I win the subdivision decorating award. Also, I will be sure to send nice gifts to those I want special favors from over the next year.

The real bitch is there is no Santa Clause. Nothing like paying for it all and staying up all night assembling some doll house and when you finally get to bed, the kids wake you up and drag your ass out to show you what you stayed up all night putting together and some imaginary fat fuck gets all the credit for it.

Merry Christmas!

Nitro Express
12-07-2011, 10:49 AM

I just ignore it and do my thing. Most people are tired of the PC bullshit. It has ruined holidays, entertainment, radio, television, even rock and roll.

The only people who are politically correct now are the fringe. People who never fit in society in the first place. Why we cater to them is beyond me. I think we are seeing the pendulum swing the other way. I think PC will be dead and gone in 20 years.

clarathecarrot
12-07-2011, 12:06 PM
When everyone on this planet is smoteth upon the field of woe.. and corruption fills thier eyes there will not be one, even the strongest that will not scream, oh Jesus God Save ME!!

Christmas is a celebration of giving, for children, to see the goodness that is possible, in yourself and the ideal of hope, all you adults need to shut the fuck up and get over your own personal hell, for just one day.

Most of these so-called liberal thinkers use the phrase ..-If you don't like it change the channel- perhaps they could take some of thier own advice instead of forcing others thru brutal tactics to tune into thier, oppression.

Christmas developed naturaly and has spread to a world wide day of unity, anyone or anything trying to deter that day, or it's message, or reason, would more than likely also find a commonality with a suppremist organization .

Peace and Joy to you all and may the spirit of the season heal your soul.

thus ends my 2011 quota in, The Front.

FORD
12-07-2011, 12:41 PM
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:403717" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-december-6-2011/tree-fighting-ceremony">The Daily Show with Jon Stewart</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

FORD
12-07-2011, 12:41 PM
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:403718" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-december-6-2011/tree-fighting-ceremony---war-on-christmas">The Daily Show with Jon Stewart</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

hambon4lif
12-07-2011, 12:49 PM
I've only been trying to push them gently towards thinking critically but the line that seems to have made them go all atheist is asking them who made God then?
I guess all parents go through this, you absolutely want your kids to be independent thinking individuals and you also want them to be popular happy members of the crowd. You want them to be exceptional but invisible, interesting but conformists.

No wonder we're all so fucked up. :)I remember in my 3rd grade class, the teacher held up a Snickers bar and said "This is going to the first one who can tell me who was the creator of man". I quickly raised my hand and said "Jesus Christ". She says "Very good, that is the correct answer".
After class, I walked up to her and said "Listen up, bitch! I know it was Moses, and you know it was Moses, but business is business. Gimme my fuckin' candy bar!"

Merry fuckin' Christmas motherfuckers!!

Sensible Shoes
12-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Merry Fucking Christmas!

Unchainme
12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
I just ignore it and do my thing. Most people are tired of the PC bullshit. It has ruined holidays, entertainment, radio, television, even rock and roll.

The only people who are politically correct now are the fringe. People who never fit in society in the first place. Why we cater to them is beyond me. I think we are seeing the pendulum swing the other way. I think PC will be dead and gone in 20 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXD8yOxIPB0

Non-PC always kind of reminded me of this clip. I don't really view it as out right racist, it seems to be like the two are trading barbs and goofing off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiRPcB3F9Xs

also, old school dennis miller nails it.

Nitro Express
12-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino is basically the spitting image of my father in-law.

Nitro Express
12-07-2011, 01:28 PM
When everyone on this planet is smoteth upon the field of woe.. and corruption fills thier eyes there will not be one, even the strongest that will not scream, oh Jesus God Save ME!!

Christmas is a celebration of giving, for children, to see the goodness that is possible, in yourself and the ideal of hope, all you adults need to shut the fuck up and get over your own personal hell, for just one day.

Most of these so-called liberal thinkers use the phrase ..-If you don't like it change the channel- perhaps they could take some of thier own advice instead of forcing others thru brutal tactics to tune into thier, oppression.

Christmas developed naturaly and has spread to a world wide day of unity, anyone or anything trying to deter that day, or it's message, or reason, would more than likely also find a commonality with a suppremist organization .

Peace and Joy to you all and may the spirit of the season heal your soul.

thus ends my 2011 quota in, The Front.

Pretty much. Nothing wrong with Christ like charity and love. Christmas should be a time out from bullshit. A time to enjoy your family, friends, do some good for someone who needs it. Just ignore the Scrooges which there seem to be more and more of.

FORD
12-07-2011, 07:34 PM
pRick Perry joins the "war on Christmas" (and gays)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzWb-jyf8TY

Hardrock69
12-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino is basically the spitting image of my father in-law.

Damn man. Feel sorry for ya. I mean, I can admire someone who won't take no shit off anybody, but when they overdo it and are just a mean old fucking asshole, it is a bit much.

Nitro Express
12-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Damn man. Feel sorry for ya. I mean, I can admire someone who won't take no shit off anybody, but when they overdo it and are just a mean old fucking asshole, it is a bit much.

He always wonders why I don't come down and see him. He's softened up in his old age but frankly, his own kids don't want to visit him. Our kids can't stand him because he has so many rules that it's no fun. He served in Korea. Has a M1 Garand. Has a immaculate garage full of well organized tools. He's an excellent mechanic. The only thing missing is the Gran Torino.

Nitro Express
12-08-2011, 12:58 AM
We are going to have a real old fashioned Christmas this year. I'm putting cigarettes in all the kids stockings.

Unchainme
12-08-2011, 01:29 AM

Yes cause it's the gays that are clearly the problem with america right now.

Not the fact that we have the government and big business giving each other handjobs, while fucking over the average joe.

jesus christ..the gop sucks right now.

Nitro Express
12-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Obama attacked religion? Perry sounds like Obama has wasted tax money on a coliseum and is throwing baptists to the lions.

Seshmeister
12-08-2011, 03:53 AM

What a twat!

jhale667
12-08-2011, 11:42 AM
"My name is (P)Rick Perry, I'm a scumbag - and I approved this message."

Not to wish ill on anyone, but I'm beginning to think the entire GOP field needs to die in a fire...

Nickdfresh
12-08-2011, 11:44 AM
I wonder if Rick Perry is going to break out the special Christmas Coke™ and do it off a hooker's ass? A female hooker, of course. Because all good "christian" hypocrites like Dick Perry, whose campaigns are swirling the drain, believe that their whores should be named Eve, and not Steve when doing drugs that make them act erratically stupid during debates!
http://www.laughforcealpha.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/cocaine-pushing-scotsman-xmas-final.jpg

Nickdfresh
12-08-2011, 11:53 AM
So when did Rick Perry hire the Saturday Night Live producers to write his campaign ads for him anyway?

jhale667
12-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I like the "godless heathen" response...

Nitro Express
12-08-2011, 12:08 PM
I love these conservative politicians that go for the rugged outdoors look when in reality they probably don't really wear that shit. Perry probably goes around in a pair of cheap cotton sweat pants and a T-shirt.

Reagan's son said his dad never wore cowboy hats and rode english style. Ronnie only wore cowboy garb when it was part of his job as an actor or politician portraying an image that generates more votes.

Of course the most blatant flag waiving and god loving homophobes tend to be riding up broke back mountain themselves.

Seshmeister
12-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Whatever happens in the presidential race, it's easy to forget that this cunt has been elected 3 times by a population of 25 million in Texas.

That's depressing.

FORD
12-08-2011, 03:20 PM
That's true, but what is also true is that the Governor of Texas is mostly a ceremonial position. Of course they never mention this in the corporate whore media. If they had, there's no way Chimpy would have ever been accepted as a viable candidate, let alone get enough votes to get away with stealing two elections.

So reality is that morons like Chimp and Perry really don't do that much, yet the whore media helps them create the fiction that they have the "experience" relevant to be President.

http://texaspolitics.laits.utexas.edu/1_1_0.html

Nickdfresh
12-10-2011, 10:23 AM
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:403958" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/403958/december-08-2011/rick-perry-s-pro-christmas-ad">The Colbert Report</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/'>Colbert Report Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.colbertnation.com/video'>Video Archive</a></p></div></div>

Colbert is brilliant, as usual...

LOL "Unlike being gay, loving Christmas is not a choice!"

Little Texan
12-10-2011, 02:46 PM
I like the "godless heathen" response...

If that guy had a Scottish accent, I would have sworn it was Sesh.

Little Texan
12-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Whatever happens in the presidential race, it's easy to forget that this cunt has been elected 3 times by a population of 25 million in Texas.

That's depressing.

I wasn't one of them...never voted for that idiot, and never could figure out how he got reelected so many times.

FORD
12-10-2011, 06:28 PM
What does GOD have to say about "the War on Christmas"?

The answer might surprise you.........

Jeremiah 10

1 Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Oh shit! It's been a heathen satanic plot all along!! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/xmas/b018.gif

ZahZoo
12-11-2011, 12:05 PM

That's depressing.

There's 3 factions that cuntributed to this in Perry's favor...

Mexicans/Hispanics... he's weak on border security and allows Texas social services to be over run with hispanics. When he was first elected he was considered moderate compared to Bush on this subject.

Outside of the major metro areas... Texas is a huge bible belt of it's own. His fundamental religious right leaning play heavy there.

Last but not least... the Bubba element. His huntin and fishin persona, pro gun, combined with a simpleton communication style with a dash of good ole religion... floats a lot of boats.

FORD
12-11-2011, 02:50 PM
So as I said, he's Chimpy 2.0.

Seshmeister
12-12-2011, 11:13 PM
I think he's actually worse in some ways than W although in effect maybe not since Perry doesn't have a Cheney equivalent, at least not yet.

Nitro Express
12-12-2011, 11:31 PM
I think Perry is history. It will be a showdown between Newt, Mitt, and Ron. Maybe someone else will throw their hat in as a surprise. Too much dirty is rising on Sarah Palin so I don't think we are going to see a ta da on her.

ZahZoo
12-13-2011, 10:29 AM
I'd say Perry was way worse than W... When he was 1st elected Gov of Tx everything with Perry seemed way too scripted, scrubbed and polished. Once in he flip-flopped like a fish on issues and the Texas legislative branches ran the show. At least with W... there was clear direction and leadership. I can't pin it down with Perry... but he always comes off as a puppet and it seems there's someone far more scarey than Cheney with his hand up Perry's ass pulling the strings...

Seshmeister
12-13-2011, 11:01 AM
I can't pin it down with Perry... but he always comes off as a puppet and it seems there's someone far more scarey than Cheney with his hand up Perry's ass pulling the strings...

Baby Jesus? :)

BITEYOASS
12-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Of course Rick Perry probably killed half of his voting base that lives near the environmentally hazardous areas that he allowed to be built near their houses.

Jagermeister
12-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Glad to see nothing has changed around here. This thread is completely boring and misguided. As usual.

jhale667
12-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Glad to see nothing has changed around here. In case anyone was wondering - I'm still a douche. As usual.

Thank you, Captain Obvious'tard!

Jagermeister
12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Thank you, Captain Obvious'tard!

Still lame as usual.