PDA

View Full Version : Right wing media whores tell us what TV shows "Liberals" and "Conservatives" like

FORD
12-08-2011, 04:40 PM
From AOHellTimeWarner's Entertainment Weekly........

Republicans vs. Democrats TV survey results: Lefties want comedy, right wingers like work

CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN LEAST FAVORITES:
– Weeds (Showtime): Female-centered drama, lots of drug use and a morally murky antihero help make this show the lowest-ranked series among righties.
– The Daily Show With Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report (Comedy Central): But not disliked equally. Republicans prefer Colbert between the two (maybe some pretend he’s being serious).
– South Park (Comedy Central): Aww, South Park is an equal opportunity offender! But, again, media-darling sarcastic comedies tend to be a turn-off.
– TMZ (syndication)
– General Hospital (ABC)
– Family Guy (Fox)
– Dexter (Showtime): Again, that antihero thing…
– Jersey Shore (MTV)
– The Walking Dead (AMC): Really? But it’s about the Apocalypse!

Also: Divorce Court (syndi), The Big C (Showtime), Let’s Make a Deal (CBS), Bridezillas (WE), My Fair Wedding With David Tutera (WE), Don’t Forget the Lyrics (VH1).

LIBERAL DEMOCRAT LEAST FAVORITES:
– Swamp Loggers (Discovery): What are they doing on this show, feeding Nancy Pelosi to alligators?
– Dog the Bounty Hunter (A&E) and COPS (syndication): “Question authority.”
– The Ultimate Fighter (Spike TV): Conservatives can make their own “cut and run” jokes…
– The Price Is Right (CBS): Annnnd a budget-crisis joke.
– CSI: Miami (CBS)
– Kitchen Nightmares (Fox): Odd. Who doesn’t like a clean kitchen?
– Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family): Not popular among stalwart Republicans either.
– Ghost Hunters (Syfy), Ghost Adventures (Travel Channel) and The Haunted (Animal Planet): Libs don’t believe in an afterlife? Or just don’t believe in shaky night-vision reality shows that claim to prove an afterlife?

Also: Operation Repo (TruTV), Swamp People (History), Hardcore Pawn (TruTV), River Monsters (Animal Planet), Deadliest Catch (Discovery), Only in America With Larry the Cable Guy (History), Storm Chasers (Discovery), Billy the Exterminator (A&E), Deal or No Deal (GSN), Forensic Files (TruTV), Dirty Jobs (Discovery).

OK, is there any truth to this at all?

Well here's my perspective.......

Of the shows that a Liberal like me supposedly hates, the only ones I've actually SEEN would be The Price Is Right and Dog The Bounty Hunter. Haven't really seen the Price Is Right since Bob Barker retired, and even then I only watched it if I was home sick and bored shitless. Can't say I hate it. It's a goddamned game show. What's to hate or love? Meh.

Dog the bounty hunter? I think the guy's a fucking religious hypocrite, and I hate "reality" shows in general, but aside from that, it's not any worse than a lot of other crap on TV.

As for the shows right wingers hate, and therefore implied that us Libruls should like......

Haven't seen Jersey Shore, apart from snippets on the new Beavis & Butthead episodes. Don't have any interest in watching it either. Haven't seen Weeds or the Walking Dead either, but they're both on my list of shows to "catch up" on next summer when everything on TV is either reruns or reality crap. Don't see a lot of General Hospital but if I'm home sick, it's entertaining for the most part. TMZ?? I've seen it. Funny enough, but not a regular viewer.

The others on the "Repuke hate list" are definitely on my normal watch list, so they must be doing something right.

Hope some right wingers and left wingers weigh in here.......

LoungeMachine
12-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Sure, I'll weigh in........

TV SUCKS*

*except for Sons of Anarchy, The Daily Show, and Anthony Bourdain........

Which is why my DVD collection of The West Wing, Seinfeld, and The Rockford Files comes in handy so often.

:gulp:

FORD
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Haven't seen Sons of Anarchy yet either. Add that to the "summer list". I don't have cable TV at the moment, so I don't get the food channel (or whatever channel Bourdain is on) but I have seen a few episodes of his show, and it was some interesting stuff.

The Daily Show, of course, I watch religiously. :jesuslol:

jhale667
12-08-2011, 04:53 PM
The first thing that stuck out to me is, ...why am I supposed to hate "CSI: Miami" more than the other ones?? :umm:

LoungeMachine
12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
The first thing that stuck out to me is, ...why am I supposed to hate "CSI: Miami" more than the other ones?? :umm:

Florida.

We all should hate it....

chefcraig
12-08-2011, 05:19 PM

Because of these bozos...

http://img1.imagehousing.com/91/3107069989d1c1fad272fdcbf124c780.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/917886)

Of course, Eva La Rue is insanely do-able, and is the only compelling reason to watch.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6338/evalarue.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/evalarue.jpg/)

Other than that, the show took a turn toward the inexplicably absurd last season (a criminal tunneled out of the Miami jail to commit a crime, then tunneled back into it to provide himself an alibi. WHAT? And not a single guard seemed to notice that the tunnel started in the showers or where all the dirt supposedly went to) and hasn't recovered. The original show on the other hand, is currently in the midst of a rebirth with the addition of Ted Danson, and is having one of it's finest seasons ever.

And Walking Dead is awesome.

LoungeMachine
12-08-2011, 06:56 PM
The only 2 things I ever saw Caruso in were An Officer and a Gentleman and Living Proof.

He was a douche in the first, and a riot in the second.

I still hate Florida for the 2000 Non-Election