PDA

View Full Version : Trump throws a debate and nobody comes.

Nitro Express
12-14-2011, 03:28 AM
The only reason Newt was going to show was he is a member of Trump's Washington DC golf club. Probably paid his dues with his Fanny Mae bailout money. Of course Trump probably offered a full refund, free golf, and the best whores on the house if he would show up at the debate. Why explaining why he canceled the debate Trump managed to plug his television show The Apprentice and his new book. Much like last years Ballyhoo, he's hinting he may run for president but can't because he's doing the Apprentice. So tune in folks and go to Amazon and buy the new book. Hint. Hint.

We can only hope the next time some fool throws the next war, nobody will show up for that either.

Nitro Express
12-14-2011, 07:16 AM

Seshmeister
12-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Best president you'll never have...

FORD
12-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Not only that, but the corporatists are trying to gerrymander him out of Congress too. Every election they tried to run a corporatist false Democrat against him in the primary and always failed. Now with the redistricting scam, he's forced to run against Marcy Kaptur, another incumbent actual Democrat in Congress. Hopefully Dennis will win, but either way the people of Ohio (and the US overall) will lose.

I think he should run against Boner, actually.

Nitro Express
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM
I think he's more popular than ever. Things never change and people never wake up until things affect them personally. Now people are feeling the pain and seeing who's behind it. It won't be business as usual beyond this point it's just that people never avoid the pain because they are too busy having a good time on the bubble.

chefcraig
12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
I read in today's paper that Trump has decided to pull out of his own debate in order to run as an Independent.

Donald Trump Backs Out of Debate, Floating Independent Bid

By Matt Negrin ABCNEWS (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/donald-trump-backs-out-of-debate-floating-independent-bid/)

Donald Trump has backed out of moderating a Republican debate because, he says, he’s still considering running for president as an independent candidate.

In a statement on Tuesday, Trump said that GOP candidates are “very concerned” that he will announce an independent candidacy after “The Apprentice” ends, and that they won’t agree to a debate with him unless he rules that out. Which he won’t do.

“It is very important to me that the right Republican candidate be chosen to defeat the failed and very destructive Obama Administration, but if that Republican, in my opinion, is not the right candidate, I am not willing to give up my right to run as an Independent candidate,” Trump said in his statement. “Therefore, so that there is no conflict of interest within the Republican Party, I have decided not to be the moderator of the Newsmax debate.”

Trump was scheduled to moderate the Dec. 27 debate in Iowa, though only two Republican candidates had agreed to be there — Newt Gingrich, the technical front-runner, and Rick Santorum, who has trailed in polls.

The Donald had flirted with running for president early in the year, but he said he was abandoning that decision in May, after President Obama made public his full birth certificate, which Trump had demanded be released. At the time, Trump insisted in a statement that “if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election.”

Here’s Trump’s full statement on why he won’t moderate the Newsmax forum:

“The Republican Party candidates are very concerned that sometime after the final episode of The Apprentice, on May 20th, when the equal time provisions are no longer applicable to me, I will announce my candidacy for President of the United States as an Independent and that, unless I conclusively agree not to run as an Independent, they will not agree to attend or be a part of the Newsmax debate scheduled for December 27, 2011. It is very important to me that the right Republican candidate be chosen to defeat the failed and very destructive Obama Administration, but if that Republican, in my opinion, is not the right candidate, I am not willing to give up my right to run as an Independent candidate. Therefore, so that there is no conflict of interest within the Republican Party, I have decided not to be the moderator of the Newsmax debate. The American people are embarrassed by the gridlock currently taking place in Washington. I must leave all of my options open because, above all else, we must make America great again!

“I would like to thank Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum for having the courage, conviction, and confidence to immediately accept being a part of the Newsmax debate. I believe this would not only have been the most watched debate, but also the most substantive and interesting debate!”

Seshmeister
12-14-2011, 02:35 PM
The one thing he has going for him is that he isn't one of these new Christian Facists but it seems like an insane time to vote in a 1%er. Actually a 0.00001%er

FORD
12-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Trump may say he cancelled the debate because he's "considering" an independent run again, but the truth is that most of the Repuke candidates told him to fuck off, and it wouldn't have been much of a debate with just Newt and Santorum (or whomever the other one is who did NOT refuse his invite).

The real question here is whether Trump will actually count on a false "campaign" to hype his "Celebrity Apprentice" TV series two years in a row.

LoungeMachine
12-14-2011, 03:45 PM
What a GIFT it would be if he did actually run......

But we all know the truth.

Never. gonna. happen.

:gulp:

FORD
12-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Who would his running mate be?

His wig?

His sidekick "George" (who looks like Dick Cheney's brother)?

Gary Busey?? :headlights:

LoungeMachine
12-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Knowing The Donald.....

THE APPRENTICE, VICE PRESIDENT EDITION

FORD
12-14-2011, 06:12 PM
http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/trump.jpg

hambon4lif
12-14-2011, 07:32 PM
:lmao:

dazzlindino
12-15-2011, 10:02 PM
guess they had to cancel it...it went from many candidates being moderated to one idiot alone....guess they were have gonna call it masterbated:behindsofa:

Terry
12-17-2011, 09:04 PM
What a GIFT it would be if he did actually run......

But we all know the truth.

Never. gonna. happen.

Trump running as an indie would give it to Obama.

Nitro Express
12-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Trump running as an indie would give it to Obama.

He's not going to run. It's all publicity. The man is absolutely shameless. He's addicted to attention.

Seshmeister
12-17-2011, 10:57 PM
I find it infuriating that Trump is so successful marketing himself as a brilliant businessman when he inherited a few hundred million and still managed to go bankrupt more than once while creating nothing of worth just property speculating.

He's a ego maniacal fucking idiot.

DONNIEP
12-17-2011, 11:27 PM
I find it infuriating that Trump is so successful marketing himself as a brilliant businessman when he inherited a few hundred million and still managed to go bankrupt more than once while creating nothing of worth just property speculating.

Too true. But wouldn't the White House look good all pimped out, Trump style? :gulp:

Nitro Express
12-17-2011, 11:40 PM

What he was good at was getting himself into so much debt the banks couldn't afford to foreclose on him. What he has been really good at is building the TRUMP name into a brand that people are willing to pay for. The Apprentice just made his name international and he's franchising it worldwide now. Of course you have to maintain the quality when you do that or the gig is up.

Basically he's doing what the Marriott family did but on a smaller scale keeping his business private.

Nitro Express
12-17-2011, 11:44 PM
We got some Trump steaks as a Christmas gift. I haven't cooked them yet. The packaging is totally gold guilded Trump. I laughed when I saw the box.

DONNIEP
12-18-2011, 12:02 AM
I'd rather have some Billy Beer!!! :gulp:

Seshmeister
12-18-2011, 12:08 AM
What he was good at was getting himself into so much debt the banks couldn't afford to foreclose on him. What he has been really good at is building the TRUMP name into a brand that people are willing to pay for. The Apprentice just made his name international and he's franchising it worldwide now. Of course you have to maintain the quality when you do that or the gig is up.

It's that old maxim, owe the bank 100k and you are in trouble, owe the bank 100 million and the bank is in trouble.

In the UK The Apprentice franchise has a guy called Alan Sugar doing it. He's a bit of a fucking idiot too but at least he's self made.

Nitro Express
12-18-2011, 12:25 AM
I'd rather have some Billy Beer!!! :gulp:

My accountant collects beer from all over the world. One of his prized items is an unopened can of Billy Beer. Can you imagine the skunk that resides in that can if it ever were opened?

DONNIEP
12-18-2011, 12:33 AM
My accountant collects beer from all over the world. One of his prized items is an unopened can of Billy Beer. Can you imagine the skunk that resides in that can if it ever were opened?

Billy Beer proves to me that the CIA had nothing to do with the JFK assassination...If they could have pulled that off I'm cuntvinced Jimmy would have pulled the trigger on Billy. :gulp:

Nitro Express
12-18-2011, 12:39 AM
It's that old maxim, owe the bank 100k and you are in trouble, owe the bank 100 million and the bank is in trouble.

In the UK The Apprentice franchise has a guy called Alan Sugar doing it. He's a bit of a fucking idiot too but at least he's self made.

I think Bill Maher has the best assessment of Donald Trump.

http://youtu.be/irA5xvk9m_o

Look. A guy like Trump isn't going to go into politics because it would ruin his lifestyle. Business is about finding the bigger sucker. You buy something and then find someone to sell it to at a higher price. I mean nature provides resources and then human beings turn those resources into an economy and then a minority ends up owning most of the economy. It's usually people who understand the system and work hard. You can make everyone equal but it will be the same families who acquire the wealth again and human beings being what they are, tend to take advantage of that position.

So you set up a constitution that makes the point all men are created equal under the law and set some laws up that attempt to level the playing field to make it fair. Business is not about being fair. It's about acquiring. So the public servants job is to work within a constitutional context of keeping the game fair. It's ok to be successful but there is a limit to what you can do to others. In other words the political system is there in theory to keep the 1% from controlling everything.

What has failed is the government. Not business. The elected officials got rid of all the finance reforms of the 1930's and now we are in another depression because of it. The public were so obsessed with getting rich quick in the new bubble economy that they failed to care that the politicians stopped regulating and jumped into the sack with the business interests and created a fascist bastard.

The 1% control most the politicians now so there is no regulation. In theory the constitutional system was set up so the 99% would control the government and that would keep the 1% in check. But of course things like easy credit, flipping housing, get rich quick in the .com market distracted the voters.

Nitro Express
12-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Again Bill pretty much nails what Trump is at the end of this interview.