PDA

View Full Version : Ah, Facebook. Jon Bon Jovi, dead at 49

Sensible Shoes
12-19-2011, 06:36 PM
http://dailynewbloginternational.wordpress.com/2011/12/19/international-rockstar-legend-jon-bon-jovi-dead-at-49/

It's all over facey-book so it must be true!!!!!!! Stupid people.

LoungeMachine
12-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm ashamed to admit I had 13 FB friends post this nonsense......

:gulp:

I already started deleting them......lol

Matt White
12-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Even if it was true...how would this be NEWS?!? ;)

LoungeMachine
12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Even if it was true...how would this be NEWS?!? ;)

Shoe's collection would go up in value? ;)

binnie
12-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Well, that got my hopes up for nothing..............................

binnie
12-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Don't fuck with Jon: he rides a steel horse.

VAiN
12-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Don't fuck with Jon: he rides a steel horse.

True, either way he's wanted.

LoungeMachine
12-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Reminds me of the time JizzyStool posted a thread here claiming Dave died in a hang gliding accident....

And then there's the time Gar posted that Jizzy died......

ThrillsNSpills
12-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Well, that got my hopes up for nothing..............................

even if it was true, runaway and all yer favorite milktoast apple pie hits are going to haunt us till we take our final breaths.

(I appreciate the laugh I got from the prick that clicked "like" under the story before it got deleted)

Unchainme
12-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Van Hagar
Bon Jovi
Def Leppard

Three of the most overrated bands in Rock History.

ThrillsNSpills
12-20-2011, 10:48 AM
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/jon-bon-jovi-squashes-death-rumors-heaven-looks-a-lot-like-new-jersey.jpg

Thank Goodness he's Okay.

sets my mind at ease

jhale667
12-20-2011, 10:54 AM
I think this was someone's way of busting his chops for his recent "Aleve" advertisement... He's already admitting to being old and creaky, can death be far away? :lmao:

Nitro Express
12-20-2011, 11:02 AM
What they really meant to say is his career is dead.:biggrin:

Kurt Cobain ran over his big hair 80's party and then his attempt to be Johnny Depp failed.

Certain middle aged women still like to flick their beans to Jon. I'm waiting for him to replace Fabio in the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!" commercials.

jhale667
12-20-2011, 11:11 AM
I loved the Triumph the Insult Comic bit busting him for his acting... "So...you're an actor now?" 'Yes.' "And you're going to be in a vampire movie?" 'That's right...' "FINALLY - a role that REQUIRES YOU TO SUCK!" :lol:

hambon4lif
12-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Two of my ex-girlfriends posted this nonsense on the newsfeed last night.

It reminded me that back in the day, having an intellect wasn't exactly a requirement.

Guitar Shark
12-20-2011, 11:56 AM
I kind of scratch my head at all the Jon Bon Jovi haters. I don't like a lot of his music, but there's no denying the dude has talent, which is more than can be said for most "musicians" today.

chefcraig
12-20-2011, 12:09 PM
It's probably due to the "Kip Winger Syndrome." Guys were instantly jealous as their girlfriends (or any chick, for that matter) swooned over the guy, and so set out to deride the music, which honestly wasn't always all that terrible.

DLR Bridge
12-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I kind of scratch my head at all the Jon Bon Jovi haters. I don't like a lot of his music, but there's no denying the dude has talent, which is more than can be said for most "musicians" today.

I'm gonna go ahead and deny that.

LoungeMachine
12-20-2011, 12:52 PM
It's probably due to the "Kip Winger Syndrome." Guys were instantly jealous as their girlfriends (or any chick, for that matter) swooned over the guy, and so set out to deride the music, which honestly wasn't always all that terrible.

Why the need to bring ME into this?

chefcraig
12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Why the need to bring ME into this?

True, you have let yourself go somewhat, but honestly, who amongst us hasn't? :ashamed:

ThrillsNSpills
12-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Kip Winger is more about hard rock and the Jove is more about bubblegum. There's no spontaneity. With a VH record, it's like this mad galloping animal that sounds like it might hit a wall and doesn't. With the Jove, it's like pass the vanilla ice cream we're going to K-Mart.
Glad he's still around though, this way Desmond Child won't write as much with Aerosmith.

LoungeMachine
12-20-2011, 01:45 PM
With a VH record, it's like ......

*crickets*

DlocRoth
12-20-2011, 03:12 PM
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/jon-bon-jovi-squashes-death-rumors-heaven-looks-a-lot-like-new-jersey.jpg

Thank Goodness he's Okay.

sets my mind at ease

He's holding the paper that way so he can try to show off his pipes. Bwa!!

DlocRoth
12-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Also, maybe its the hair.......

But JBJ is looking more like Huey Lewis every time I see him.

aesop
12-20-2011, 04:22 PM

Esp. in Winger's case. Their music wasn't bad at all. I mean...hello...Reb Beach could flat-out play. I'm not a big of their (or usually anyone else's) obligatory power ballads...but check out the album "Pull" if you want to hear Winger at their finest.

rocknrolldork
12-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Esp. in Winger's case. Their music wasn't bad at all. I mean...hello...Reb Beach could flat-out play. I'm not a big of their (or usually anyone else's) obligatory power ballads...but check out the album "Pull" if you want to hear Winger at their finest.

Not sure what you are smoking, but even though Reb Beach is a great guitar player, Winger has always sucked. So has Bon Jovi. So has Loverboy. The list is endless.

LoungeMachine
12-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Another Winger debate..........

Will the madness ever end?

Seshmeister
12-20-2011, 05:21 PM
http://www.pitch.com/imager/wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children-five-songs-that-have-kids-voi/b/original/2558267/ca1d/think_of_the_children.jpg

Va Beach VH Fan
12-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Another Winger debate..........

Will the madness ever end?

Be easy on them, for they do not know.....

LoungeMachine
12-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Be easy on them, for they do not know.....

Has it come to the point now where we must actually school an entire new generation here?

Matt White
12-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Easy...............EASY!

Some don't have the benefit of hindsight...or good taste............

binnie
12-20-2011, 05:54 PM

Talent in the sense that a) he knows how to make his band into a succesful business (and I'm not sneering at that - it's an achievement); b) he's a good frontman; and c) he can write a hook.

But the music just has no substance - find me a decent set of Bon Jovi lyrics. When he strives for depth he grabs sentimental.

The reason he annoys people is becuae he thinks he's Bruce Springsteen or something.

Seshmeister
12-20-2011, 05:58 PM
I saw one of those 'a year with' documentaries and he's very odd.

Lisa Lampanelli who worked as a journalist at Rolling Stone for a decade said he was the most stupid person she ever met.

I don't know if that is true but you have to think she met a fuck of a lot of stupid people in that job.

binnie
12-20-2011, 06:17 PM
He can't be stupid given that he's stayed at the top for that long - he manages the band, too.

It'd be more surprising if 25 years of fame and a $100 million dollars hadn't made him odd.

Dave's Bitch
12-20-2011, 06:58 PM
He also has a very good voice

mohican
12-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Dave's opinion on Bon Jovi @5:35. This is a great interview, btw. It's five parts, and Dave was pretty candid about a lot of things. I think it was Part 4 where he talked about the brothers. He asked to go off record, but as you can hear, the interviewer didn't censor it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO8ad4-j7c0&feature=related

mohican
12-21-2011, 01:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaAO_5F7BMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNKuhMefaK8&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLA0BDC142D8C11389

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2w8ykl_5LM&feature=related

mohican
12-21-2011, 01:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=653ClROyrhg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO8ad4-j7c0&feature=related

mohican
12-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Dave on vh and Hagar, Part 4, @5:43

Grant
12-21-2011, 06:28 AM
I saw one of those 'a year with' documentaries and he's very odd

Everytime I see him in some doco he always carries on like a delicate whinging sod going on endlessly about another band midlife crisis...

You really gotta feel for the guy! :puke:

rocknrolldork
12-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Has it come to the point now where we must actually school an entire new generation here?

On what? How bad Bon Jovi, Winger, Poison, Europe and the never ending list of crappy hairspray and makeup bands suck? One of my housemates in college dug the shit out of Winger and Poison. He played that crap all the time.

Admittedly, I like some pretty bad music at times, but I didn't dig that stuff in the 80's and it's even more lame now. I was so glad when bands like GnR, Nirvana, Soundgarden and Faith No More hit the scene and shook things up a bit.

aesop
12-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Well I guess I'm different (which makes sense because I'm, well, me and all) but for the record I don't like Poison, Warrant, Bon Blowme, Europe, and 99 pct of "hair rock". But I do like Winger and I do like Extreme. Not in a DLR kind of way, but I do like them.

I also like Opeth, Dream Theater, and Johnny Cash. Ya Dig?

LoungeMachine
12-21-2011, 12:55 PM
On what? How bad Bon Jovi, Winger, Poison, Europe and the never ending list of crappy hairspray and makeup bands suck? .

No.

On the fact Kip Winger posts here all the time......

Keep it under your hat, though.

jhale667
12-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I saw one of those 'a year with' documentaries and he's very odd.

Lisa Lampanelli who worked as a journalist at Rolling Stone for a decade said he was the most stupid person she ever met.

I don't know if that is true but you have to think she met a fuck of a lot of stupid people in that job.

Actually, he was probably the first "rock star" (aside from a brief conversation with Randy Rhoads) I met, back when I was a teenager working as a runner for the local concert promoter - he was really cool as I recall... I remember getting into a debate with Ritchie Sambora about the virtues of Floyd Rose bridges vs. Kahlers - he was a Kahler guy then...noticed he finally graduated to using Floyds... but they were very cool and encouraging when they found out I played, and much like Rhoads said "You need to get OUT of this town!"

I'd STILL like to know the terms of Sambora's deal with Satan by which he got to tap Heather Locklear AND Denise Richards...I mean, WTH....

LoungeMachine
12-21-2011, 12:57 PM
I'd STILL like to know the terms of Sambora's deal with Satan by which he got to tap Heather Locklear AND Denise Richards...I mean, WTH....

He had to agree to play in Bon Jovi.....

duh.

jhale667
12-21-2011, 01:10 PM
He had to agree to play in Bon Jovi.....

duh.

:lmao:

Unchainme
12-21-2011, 01:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tzkCe.jpg

This was posted at another site.

looks like Diamondjimi's work!

Satan
12-21-2011, 01:53 PM

I was really drunk when I wrote up that contract. But I still get 6.66% of all their proceeds. How else do you think Bon Jovi was able to survive for damn near 30 years while most of their hair band contemporaries are either dead, bald, or reality TV stars? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

jhale667
12-21-2011, 02:00 PM
I was really drunk when I wrote up that contract. But I still get 6.66% of all their proceeds. How else do you think Bon Jovi was able to survive for damn near 30 years while most of their hair band contemporaries are either dead, bald, or reality TV stars? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Not without your help, oh hoary host of the Neither-world... :hee:

LoungeMachine
12-21-2011, 02:06 PM
I was really drunk when I wrote up that contract.

Yeah, that argument never worked for me with the ex wives......

rocknrolldork
12-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Well I guess I'm different (which makes sense because I'm, well, me and all) but for the record I don't like Poison, Warrant, Bon Blowme, Europe, and 99 pct of "hair rock". But I do like Winger and I do like Extreme. Not in a DLR kind of way, but I do like them.

I also like Opeth, Dream Theater, and Johnny Cash. Ya Dig?

I can dig that. Like I said, I like some bad music too, but just never got some of the hair metal stuff regardless of how good the guitarists were/are.

No.

Well... I'm sure it's nothing he hasn't heard plenty of times before. Especially on message boards.

Hardrock69
12-22-2011, 04:06 AM
Fucking hell....that photo.... :lmao:

Hardrock69
12-22-2011, 04:08 AM
No.

You know, I saw you a year ago. Did not bother to ask you why you were in Nashville (even though I know you live here, Kip). I stood right behind you for awhile...decided not to gurm you by asking you why you call yourself Lounge. :lmao:

I mean, I know for some odd reason you spend a lot of time at SB....doing some kind of day job thing. Must be a lot of cash outlay on air travel between Nashville and Seattle.

:lol:

fifth element
12-22-2011, 04:44 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and deny that.

deny which part?
that the dude has talent,
or that most "musicians" today do not?

binnie
12-22-2011, 04:50 AM
I love the idea that most muscians today don't have talent.

Age is a cruel thing: I'll bet your dad used to say the same things about the bands you like in the '80s. Either music has been getting progressively worse since the '50s, or it's a case of different strokes for different folks - there's a difference between saying 'I don't like that' and 'that sucks'.

Satan
12-22-2011, 05:24 AM
The thing with John Bongiovi (the actual spelling of his name before he changed it to look less "Jersey" or whatever), is that he used to hang around the recording studio where his cousin Tony was a producer (he did some of the early Ramones albums, among others)

The first band John was in was not "Bon Jovi" oddly enough. Would you believe........ Scandal???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3DRcHUv1_U

He's kinda hiding in the background with a Telecaster, but yeah, that's him. And that keyboard player looks familiar too (no, it ain't Dave Rashbaum)

This would have been just before Jon signed a deal with me, naturally.

DLR Bridge
12-22-2011, 05:48 AM
deny which part?
that the dude has talent,
or that most "musicians" today do not?

Well, both. But more properly stated, both he and most musicians of today are mediocre talents at best. Jon, to me is particularly average and I strongly feel that if he looked more like Christopher Cross in the "She's a Little Runaway" and "She Don't Know Me" videos, we may not have ever seen him again. He was the perfect example in the early 80's of being young, good looking and in the right place at the right time. His sophomore release with "In an Out of Love" was documented proof of how he is nothing more than a ham fisted copy of Dave with his antics, appearance and inflection.

Suck? No. Mediocre? You bet.

chefcraig
12-22-2011, 12:11 PM
I love the idea that most muscians today don't have talent.

Age is a cruel thing: I'll bet your dad used to say the same things about the bands you like in the '80s. Either music has been getting progressively worse since the '50s, or it's a case of different strokes for different folks - there's a difference between saying 'I don't like that' and 'that sucks'.

Yeah, but in the case of my dad, he was right. He and his brother took one listen to my Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album (with it's "Funeral For A Friend" opening track), dismissed it as "cemetery music" and dragged me to the mall the next morning to pick up a couple of Fats Domino and Ray Charles albums. Now that wasn't just angry dismissal of the day's pop music, it was keening insight. And I've been grateful ever since.