PDA

View Full Version : Fuck....Scientists Say Shroud Of Turin Was Created By Ultra-Violet Lasers......

Hardrock69
12-22-2011, 04:49 AM
They call themselves scientists? :lol:

Some photos and video at the link below.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2076443/Turin-Shroud-created-flash-supernatural-light.html

The image on the Turin Shroud could not be the work of medieval forgers but was instead caused by a supernatural ‘flash of light’, according to scientists.
Italian researchers have found evidence that casts doubt on claims that the relic – said to be the burial cloth of Jesus – is a fake and they suggest that it could, after all, be authentic.
Sceptics have long argued that the shroud, a rectangular sheet measuring about 14ft by 3ft, is a forgery dating to medieval times.

Scientists from Italy’s National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development spent years trying to replicate the shroud’s markings.
They have concluded only something akin to ultraviolet lasers – far beyond the capability of medieval forgers – could have created them.

This has led to fresh suggestions that the imprint was indeed created by a huge burst of energy accompanying the Resurrection of Christ.
‘The results show a short and intense burst of UV directional radiation can colour a linen cloth so as to reproduce many of the peculiar characteristics of the body image on the Shroud of Turin,’ the scientists said.

The image of the bearded man on the shroud must therefore have been created by ‘some form of electromagnetic energy (such as a flash of light at short wavelength)’, their report concludes. But it stops short of offering a non-scientific explanation.
Professor Paolo Di Lazzaro, who led the study, said: ‘When one talks about a flash of light being able to colour a piece of linen in the same way as the shroud, discussion inevitably touches on things such as miracles.
‘But as scientists, we were concerned only with verifiable scientific processes. We hope our results can open up a philosophical and theological debate.’
For centuries, people have argued about the authenticity of the shroud, which is kept in a climate-controlled case in Turin cathedral.
One of the most controversial relics in the Christian world, it bears the faint image of a man whose body appears to have nail wounds to the wrists and feet.
Some believe it to be a physical link to Jesus of Nazareth. For others, however, it is nothing more than an elaborate forgery.
In 1988, radiocarbon tests on samples of the shroud at the University of Oxford, the University of
Arizona, and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology dated the cloth to the Middle Ages, between 1260 and 1390.
Those tests have been disputed on the basis that they were contaminated by fibres from cloth used to repair the shroud when it was damaged by fire in the Middle Ages.
More recently, further doubt was cast on its authenticity when Israeli archaeologists uncovered the first known burial shroud in Jerusalem from the time of the Crucifixion.
Its weave and design are completely different from the Turin Shroud, they said.
The Jerusalem shroud has a simple two-way weave – but the twill weave used on the Turin Shroud was introduced more than 1,000 years after Christ lived.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2076443/Turin-Shroud-created-flash-supernatural-light.html#ixzz1hFmdqKcx

Seshmeister
12-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Worst..'scientists'...ever

Matt White
12-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Ha!!!

Sensible Shoes
12-22-2011, 10:01 AM
People just post t his shit to get Sesh going. :)

jhale667
12-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Ridiculous. Anatomical studies already showed that the head was done separately from the body and is disproportionate - it's too large compared to the image of the body. So now we're to believe it's real after all, and Jesus was a mongoloid?? :umm:

Va Beach VH Fan
12-22-2011, 10:54 AM
When I last went on deployment, we made a port visit in Haifa, and we took a bus tour to Jerusalem...

Part of the tour was going to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the 14 Stations of the Cross....

Of course, I know very, very little details of the various stations and their (in)significance....

But I found the tour fascinating, not just seeing the stations, but it was the reactions of the <del>suckers</del>, er, people visiting there.....

ZahZoo
12-22-2011, 02:38 PM
People just post t his shit to get Sesh going. :)

We are lucky to have Carl Sagan's lost Scottish brother here to educate & enlighten us simpletons...

VHscraps
12-22-2011, 03:16 PM
After a few beers, I'll believe anything ... For instance:

"The Proto-Photographic Theory

This theory concludes that the raw materials to produce photography not only existed in medieval times, but that a medieval photographer created a light sensitive emulsion, coated it onto linen cloth and "exposed" this medieval "film" using a room sized camera obscura and a dead body hanging in front of its crystal lens as the subject matter.
He goes on to claim that one half of the Shroud image was exposed at a time, first the ventral and then the dorsal half. He further concludes that it would take about four days to properly expose each half of the cloth, needing at least eight days to complete the entire task. Recently, he modified his theory to include a third exposure for the face, made with a different lens. To prevent the decay of the body during more than a week of exposure to the bright sunlight necessary for adequate exposure of the "film," Allen suggests that the camera obscura was located in a cold climate."

(link for those equally sozzled - http://www.shroud.com/pdfs/orvieto.pdf

LoungeMachine
12-22-2011, 04:00 PM
http://global.christianpost.com/news/jesus-toaster-flying-off-shelves-critics-call-it-blasphemy-65339/

sadaist
12-22-2011, 04:38 PM
So Jesus left his mark on a blanket. BFD. Ever been to a hotel room in Vegas? All kinds of people have left their marks on the blankets there.

Jesus Christ
12-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Let Me clear up this whole thing right now......

The "supernatural flash of light" referenced here was Dad waking Me up.

In mortal terms, compare it to those defibrillator paddles that doctors and paramedics use to restart a heart of someone who hath been dead for a matter of minutes. Of course after 3 days, ye would need a bit more voltage than that, but Dad could do it, of course. :jesuslol:

Nitro Express
12-22-2011, 08:26 PM
They failed to mention the cum stains on the sheet.

I say the image is the result of cosmic debris

SunisinuS
12-22-2011, 11:09 PM
So Jesus left his mark on a blanket. BFD. Ever been to a hotel room in Vegas? All kinds of people have left their marks on the blankets there.

And you can see those with Ultraviolet light also.

Hardrock69
12-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Hey Jesus, of course the scientific world would say 99% against it happening as you describe. And Occam's Razor can be seen as valid in this case as well. But then, scientists cannot prove the negative either...that it did NOT happen as you describe. I myself do not believe one way or another. No way to prove the positive or negative about any of that.

But I am pretty sure ultra-violet lasers did not exist, even in Medieval times. :D