PDA

View Full Version : Official 4/27 Nashville Meetup/Review Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Va Beach VH Fan
01-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the Official 4/27 Nashville Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !

DONNIEP
01-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Wrong thread :)

Hardrock69
01-05-2012, 11:34 PM
HOLY CRAP! THEY ARE COMING TO TOWN!!!!

*goes leaping around the room*

BITEYOASS
01-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Change of plans for me and the misses. We'll be heading to Nashville instead of Greensboro for this tour.

BITEYOASS
01-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Well its official! I'm heading to Nashville with the Mrs., so where is the Roth Army meeting up at?

Hardrock69
01-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Not sure yet. So far you and I are the only Roth Army peeps going to this show. I have about 15 friends, and we have yet to decide where the pre-show meetup will be.

Nice thing is that the arena is right downtown on Lower Broadway where there are tons of bars usually devoted to the Kuntry Tourists....

When we figure something, I will let you know. I got a seat halfway back along one side...and my seat is just at or slightly above stage level....PERFECT seats without being front row.

One of my neighbors has a best friend whose brother works for Irving Azoff......so he and his best friend are going to Louisville, they have a pair of tickets at the vanity ramp, and all access VIP backstage passes.....so after the Louisville show I will post any stories he has to tell....

Hardrock69
02-01-2012, 04:44 AM
Never thought I would EVER see this.....

http://i44.tinypic.com/iwlzye.jpg

SilvioDante
02-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Late to the party here, but I and a family member yet to be determined will be at Bridgestone. I was really disappointed last tour they didn't hit Gnashville. I'll be there this time!

And as gay as this may sound, I am actually looking forward to seeing Kool and the Gang. Could be interesting....

BrownSound1
02-20-2012, 01:10 PM
I'll be at the show as well. Can't wait!

MerryCherry
02-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Heck yea! I got my ticket. April 27th, Nashville here I cum

BITEYOASS
02-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Kool & The Gang better play "Jungle Boogie" or I'm gonna be pissed.

Hardrock69
02-25-2012, 04:34 AM
BrownSound? I'll be a sumbitch! I was hoping we would at least get one Roth Army Mod to show up here.....

Kewel! :yo:

TitanTopper
03-02-2012, 10:12 PM
I'll be at the Nashville show! Taking my 10 yr old so he can see a REAL Rock Show!! The Mighty Van Fucking Halen!!!

wpctshove
03-04-2012, 01:01 AM
I'll be there with my wife and my oldest kid he's 10 also can't wait!

Hardrock69
03-04-2012, 03:22 AM
Right on peeps! Get dem kids knowin' about REAL music! :thumb:

private parts
03-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Hope everybody has booked a room because the whole city is totally booked- no vacancy. The beautiful thing about Bridgestone arena is that at the end of the show you trip, stumble, roll three times, stand up and your at the front door of a bar!
We may do Margaritaville or something on 2nd ave.

private parts
03-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Never thought I would EVER see this.....

http://i44.tinypic.com/iwlzye.jpg

Is that from a newspaper or a flyer? Love to snag one of these. I usually try to find them for each show I go to.

Hardrock69
03-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Nashville Scene. Jan. 26-Feb 1 issue, page 29.

Hardrock69
03-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Haha bitches!

FUCKING VAN HALEN, MUTHA FUKKAZ!!!!!

http://i39.tinypic.com/vez052.jpg

I have not been so excited about seeing a concert in years!

BITEYOASS
04-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Well this fuckin' blows! Looks like I'll have to sell my tickets since the damn electrical contractor I worked for has laid me off. If you know anyone who wants a pair, let them know I'm selling two tickets w/parking pass at $20 less then what I paid for and the buy it now option is at full price since Ticketmaster likes to rape everyone's wallet with fees.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170819542343#ht_500wt_1156

private parts
04-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Well this fuckin' blows! Looks like I'll have to sell my tickets since the damn electrical contractor I worked for has laid me off. If you know anyone who wants a pair, let them know I'm selling two tickets w/parking pass at $20 less then what I paid for and the buy it now option is at full price since Ticketmaster likes to rape everyone's wallet with fees.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170819542343#ht_500wt_1156

BITE, I will pass this along.

Hardrock69
04-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Hope you sell them. As of right now, there are a total of about 777 tickets still available through the regular Ticketbastards show.

Sucks man. Thought I might meet you before the show. Oh well. Maybe next time.

BITEYOASS
04-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Well the tickets didn't sell. So fuck it, I'M GOING! :bigwink:

private parts
04-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Well the tickets didn't sell. So fuck it, I'M GOING! :bigwink:

GO!! Good luck finding a hotel room though.

BITEYOASS
04-12-2012, 01:04 PM
GO!! Good luck finding a hotel room though.

Took care of that months ago.

Hardrock69
04-12-2012, 10:23 PM
RIGHT ON DUDE!

Hmmmm.....I need to get with my friends and figure out a pre-show meeting place at one of the bars on tourist-trap row.

Will let you know time, place, etc. when we can all agree on something.

wpctshove
04-21-2012, 12:02 AM
one week to go lets get fired up who's going to this show? Pre-game or after party or both? I need a Van halen break!!!

TitanTopper
04-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Less than a week now, my friends!! I will have my 10 yr old with me, but would love to meet some folks...if its a place he can come also. I'm so freakin jacked up for this show. The Mighty VAN HALEN Rules!!

BITEYOASS
04-25-2012, 09:35 AM
All right, where are we meeting at?

private parts
04-25-2012, 10:06 AM
All right, where are we meeting at?

Man I'm going with a group of 8. Half of those will be drunk by 6:00 so it will be like trying to herd drunk cats.
Hopefully we'll get an agreement as to where to park it and have some drinks. Somewhere on Broadway or 2nd Ave.
Any suggestions?

BITEYOASS
04-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Man I'm going with a group of 8. Half of those will be drunk by 6:00 so it will be like trying to herd drunk cats.
Hopefully we'll get an agreement as to where to park it and have some drinks. Somewhere on Broadway or 2nd Ave.
Any suggestions?

Not sure, of course my wife has other plans.

Yeah I know, reply with a pussy-whipped related joke if you want.

Of course if I start drinking, then I turn into this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zniDzLLhcjg

or this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKN6JJYIWWY

BITEYOASS
04-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Cuz uh! If the Van Halen family kicks ass and Diamond Dave kicks ass, you put the two together--YOU GOT SOME KICK ASS SHIT!!!

SilvioDante
04-26-2012, 06:12 AM
Well, we're up.

I never thought I'd live to see the day. It's been nearly 28 years (July 7, 1984-Roberts Stadium, Evansville, IN). I wasn't lucky enough to get to the last tour so this could get emotional. I have warned my daughter, who probably will be going with me, that when "Unchained" starts I could shed a tear or two. And I am gonna be doing some dancin' during "Dance the Night Away".

For one more night I gonna get to be 15 all over again.

private parts
04-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Well, we're up.

I never thought I'd live to see the day. It's been nearly 28 years (July 7, 1984-Roberts Stadium, Evansville, IN). I wasn't lucky enough to get to the last tour so this could get emotional. I have warned my daughter, who probably will be going with me, that when "Unchained" starts I could shed a tear or two. And I am gonna be doing some dancin' during "Dance the Night Away".

For one more night I gonna get to be 15 all over again.

Yo Sil, I'll be packing a pack of Kleenex if needed. BADA BING!

Sensible Shoes
04-26-2012, 07:32 PM
I cried at the first show I saw in 2007, largely because I'd never seen them together before, and really had no idea it would ever happen. I'll never forget that night. (It was Dave's birthday too)

NIN1211
04-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I cried at the first show I saw in 2007, largely because I'd never seen them together before, and really had no idea it would ever happen. I'll never forget that night. (It was Dave's birthday too)

You Are Not Alone My Friend. I took my 11 year old son...it was like a family reunion...weird, I know!

SLAUGHTER MAN
04-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Man,,,why you blur out your seats..you ain't pissed anyone off on here have ya?? Or you ain't bought that paternity insurance from Lloyds Of London and don't want them ladies trying to get you served at the VH show????

SLAUGHTER MAN
04-26-2012, 07:57 PM
CANNOT WAIT TO READ THIS THREAD TOMORROW NIGHT...HOPE IT'S A ROUGH SKETCH OF WHAT THEY HAVE IN STORE FOR ME IN ST LOUIS. HOPE THEY DROP THE BOMB ON LIGHT UP THE SKY...FOOLS...DROP DEAD LEGS...STAY FROSTY ...OUTTA SPACE....(why did write in all caps????????????)

TitanTopper
04-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Ok guys, I'm predicting it right here...Drop Dead Legs tomorrow night here in Nashville just for me!!;). I'm not sure who's more excited...me or my 10 yr old son. Quick story...he wanted to do a school report on Jimmy Hendrix or Eddie Van Halen. Teacher said no...not enough social relevance, so he ended up doing one on Jackie Robinson...along with 10 other kids. What are our school systems coming to?!?!? This time tomorrow night...The Mighty F'ing VAN HALEN!! Roth-N-Roll my friends!

Hardrock69
04-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Man.....NOT ENOUGH SOCIAL RELEVANCE? That teacher is a MORON!

I mean hey, Jackie Robinson...yeah, social relevance, but Jimi Hendrix EASILY has as much social relevance. Ed Van Halen not as much as Jimi or Jackie, but oh well.

I have been asking my friends around here where the pre-show bash is....nobody gives me an answer.....so I am going to talk to my neighbor tomorrow and see where he is going to be pre-show.....hell, there are 3 dozen bars within 2 blocks of Bridgestone arena....

I will post if I have something definite in mind before I leave home tomorrow.

Other than that, if you see some 6'-7" idiot walking around with a Roth Army shirt on (the Jack Daniels variety), chances are it is me.

What REALLY sucks fucking ass is that being unemployed, I don't dare get high. So I will have to get trashed on booze I suppose, lol.

Hardrock69
04-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Man.....NOT ENOUGH SOCIAL RELEVANCE? That teacher is a MORON!

I mean hey, Jackie Robinson...yeah, social relevance, but Jimi Hendrix EASILY has as much social relevance. Ed Van Halen not as much as Jimi or Jackie, but oh well.

I have been asking my friends around here where the pre-show bash is....nobody gives me an answer.....so I am going to talk to my neighbor tomorrow and see where he is going to be pre-show.....hell, there are 3 dozen bars within 2 blocks of Bridgestone arena....

I will post if I have something definite in mind before I leave home tomorrow.

Other than that, if you see some 6'-7" idiot walking around with a Roth Army shirt on (the Jack Daniels variety), chances are it is me.

What REALLY sucks fucking ass is that being unemployed, I don't dare get high. So I will have to get trashed on booze I suppose, lol.

Dan
04-27-2012, 02:54 AM
Have A Sweet As Time,Peeps.:D

SilvioDante
04-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Looks like there are plenty of lower bowl seats left.

I always knew Nashville was a Sammy town.

DLR'sCock
04-27-2012, 06:06 AM
Enjoy the show tonight!!

Va Beach VH Fan
04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
The guy caused hundreds of thousands of kids to pick up a guitar and learn a musical instrument....

Sounds like social relevance to me.....

And BTW HR, I was the only one I saw with a RA shirt in Greensboro.... I mean, there are bunch of us Army people there, but I was the only one with the shirt....

loucap81
04-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Looks like there are plenty of lower bowl seats left.

I always knew Nashville was a Sammy town.

I wouldn't pin it on that. A bad economy plays a big role in it too. I don't have Internet access other than my iPhone which will not allow me to see the seating map, but are the available lower level seats mostly towards the back? Other than for a very small handful of bands, people don't want to pay $149 plus fees for mediocre seats. I don't say this to put down anyone but this is especially true in less affluent areas of the country. In Greensboro the back lower level sections were mostly empty. They really should lower the prices of those seats.

I went to the Reading, PA show on March 26th and I got a fifth row ticket no problem less than a week before the show. There were 10th row tickets on StubHub listed at $95 the day of. The combination of the fact that it was a third Philly-area show, an economically depressed area and that it was on a Monday night I'm sure were the culprits. I don't think it's because Reading is a Sammy town.

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Hope you guys have a great time tonight!!! For the people who haven't seen 'em already this tour, get your beers before the show starts. 'Cause once they hit the stage it's ON and you don't want to miss a second of it!! :gulp:

vandeleur
04-27-2012, 11:25 AM
as above ...have a great night people

TitanTopper
04-27-2012, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't pin it on that. A bad economy plays a big role in it too. I don't have Internet access other than my iPhone which will not allow me to see the seating map, but are the available lower level seats mostly towards the back? Other than for a very small handful of bands, people don't want to pay $149 plus fees for mediocre seats. I don't say this to put down anyone but this is especially true in less affluent areas of the country. In Greensboro the back lower level sections were mostly empty. They really should lower the prices of those seats.

I went to the Reading, PA show on March 26th and I got a fifth row ticket no problem less than a week before the show. There were 10th row tickets on StubHub listed at $95 the day of. The combination of the fact that it was a third Philly-area show, an economically depressed area and that it was on a Monday night I'm sure were the culprits. I don't think it's because Reading is a Sammy town.

Just for reference...The Music City Marathon is tomorrow. It has become one of the largest in the country and the kid's run starts tonight. I have many friends that would have attended the show that are staying home instead to get to sleep early for their run tomorrow. I say fuck that!! I'm drinking beer and seeing the Greatest Rock Show on Earth tonight!! Those runners may live slightly longer than me, but I'll die with a smile on my face from seeing The Mighty Fucking VAN HALEN!! Roth-N-Roll.

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Just for reference...The Music City Marathon is tomorrow. It has become one of the largest in the country and the kid's run starts tonight. I have many friends that would have attended the show that are staying home instead to get to sleep early for their run tomorrow. I say fuck that!! I'm drinking beer and seeing the Greatest Rock Show on Earth tonight!! Those runners may live slightly longer than me, but I'll die with a smile on my face from seeing The Mighty Fucking VAN HALEN!! Roth-N-Roll.

I like your option better!

Morning after a marathon all you feel is shin splints and sore feet. Boo!

Morning after a VH concert you're sleeping off a nice hangover ---- and your ears are ringing because you got your ass kicked by the Pasadena Rock Gods !!!

:flame:

Hardrock69
04-27-2012, 04:57 PM
On that note peeps, there are going to be TONS of people right there in the area of the Arena who are not there for VH. Sure they are suckers, but they are there instead for the marathon.

So it is going to be somewhat of a madhouse down there tonight.

Am leaving in just a bit, as I want to get there early enough to get a parking place fairly close to the arena.

Zing!
04-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Come on Gnashville! Bring on the mighty Van Halen! I'm ready for lots of beers and lots of updates! ADKOT is blasting, beers are getting frosty.

Thank God it's Friday and thank God for Van Halen!

TitanTopper
04-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Will try to send along set list updates from my Android...it's almost GO TIME. FUCK YEAH!!

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 05:51 PM
You guys are going to have a blast tonight! You won't believe how hard China Town hits live!!!

Hey Zing, you prepping for the evening with some Busch Ice? :) :gulp:

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 05:57 PM
On that note peeps, there are going to be TONS of people right there in the area of the Arena who are not there for VH. Sure they are suckers, but they are there instead for the marathon.

So it is going to be somewhat of a madhouse down there tonight.

Am leaving in just a bit, as I want to get there early enough to get a parking place fairly close to the arena.

All these Gnashville runners seem kinda douchey ???

I mean really ---- this marathon probably takes place every year, correct?

Meanwhile, the Mighty Halen are KICKIN' ASS and this could be their last tour EVER. How could you pass up a chance to see history ??

Just imagine if this took place in 1984 ---- "Hey you seeing Van Halen tonight? Nah, they tour every year with Roth. I'm gonna rest up and jog my pastey white ass tomorrow instead."

You see my point here ???

perrin29
04-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Have a great time tonight people. Post them updates.

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Kool And The Gang ought to be kickin' off about right now....can't wait for the pictures and updates to start rollin' in :gulp:

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Hey everyone! Have a kick ass time tonight! Can't wait to read updates...I will be manning the MAC with constant refresh....
:sign0011:

SilvioDante
04-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Kool And The Gang ought to be kickin' off about right now....can't wait for the pictures and updates to start rollin' in :gulp:

I think sound check must have ran over a bit. Wouldn't let us sit down until 6:15 or so. Still waiting for Kool.

On a lighter note, saw a guy wearing a VH 3 shirt. Wha?!?!?!

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 07:41 PM
I think sound check must have ran over a bit. Wouldn't let us sit down until 6:15 or so. Still waiting for Kool.

On a lighter note, saw a guy wearing a VH 3 shirt. Wha?!?!?!

VH3??? Somebody should buy that dude a real VH shirt :)

SilvioDante
04-27-2012, 07:43 PM
VH3??? Somebody should buy that dude a real VH shirt :)

At $35 a pop I'm not. He wants to be a douche it's on him.

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Absolutely! If you get a chance let us know how big of a crowd turns out tonight. It was packed in Charlotte and I'm wondering if attendance is as high most other places.

SilvioDante
04-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Ticketmaster showed a lot of tickets this morning.

Also, grabbed a burger before the show at a restaurant called "Big River". Seemed appropriate....

fifth element
04-27-2012, 08:20 PM

Also, grabbed a burger before the show at a restaurant called "Big River". Seemed appropriate....

Barring a place called Outta Space.....Big River is perfect... :winkglasses:

SilvioDante
04-27-2012, 08:22 PM
7:20. No Kool and the Gang.

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 08:27 PM

It's a sign!

Zing!
04-27-2012, 08:28 PM
You guys are going to have a blast tonight! You won't believe how hard China Town hits live!!!

Hey Zing, you prepping for the evening with some Busch Ice? :) :gulp:

Ha ha - you're goddamn right! Can't wait to do this for real on 5/19!

Momshell
04-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Hey everyone. Got home from work late and have not yet begun bedtime for the kids. Most likely gonna miss the beginning of this one. Fuck! I hate when my life gets in the way of my VH!! Hope to see you soon. To all who are there....have fun!!!

Momshell
04-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Just looked back and it looks like maybe they're waiting for me?! :)
Gotta go brush my 4 year old's teeth!

SilvioDante
04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Kool hit about 7:25. FWIW.

BTW-Kool is bringing it!

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Ha ha - you're goddamn right! Can't wait to do this for real on 5/19!

Nothing like show night and some cheap beer...good times :beers8:

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Just looked back and it looks like maybe they're waiting for me?! :)
Gotta go brush my 4 year old's teeth!

You know they are :-)

TitanTopper
04-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Kool & Gang....Ladies Night. Not bad , but I want fucking Van Halen!!

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
This douchebag better not show up outside the Cleveland show ---- I'm bringing a can of whoop-ass if I see his freaky face!

"Hot for Jesus" ?? What the fuck ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULjCDdkEVzo

SNIPER
04-27-2012, 09:16 PM
He works for Gaygar

SilvioDante
04-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Well, Kool and Gang just finished. Very good I think. Enjoyed. This will probably be my last update. I've had to sit thru you guys bragging about the other shows so I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the Hell out of this.:)

28 years of misery about to come to an end!

So this is love
04-27-2012, 09:26 PM
He works for Gaygar

You beat me to it...:rockon:

So this is love
04-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Well, Kool and Gang just finished. Very good I think. Enjoyed. This will probably be my last update. I've had to sit thru you guys bragging about the other shows so I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the Hell out of this.:)

28 years of misery about to come to an end!

Enjoy!!!:amen:

loucap81
04-27-2012, 09:27 PM
So is anyone texting anyone the setlist for tonight? Not that I blame anyone if they just want to enjoy the show without playing with their phone the entire time.

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 09:28 PM
This douchebag better not show up outside the Cleveland show ---- I'm bringing a can of whoop-ass if I see his freaky face!

Wow, this guy has rendered me speechless.

So this is love
04-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Where is Momshell? Please take the stage lady.......what time is it in Nashville? is it VH time?

NIN1211
04-27-2012, 09:29 PM

This fucker is not Frosty!

loucap81
04-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Nashville is Central Time so we're looking at around 9:55 PM for us Eastern Time Zone fans.

Momshell
04-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Yay. I made it! No word from anyone inside tonight? Guess I'll start checking twitter. Gotta get a beer first :)

perrin29
04-27-2012, 09:31 PM
This fucker is not Frosty!

The way he antagonizes people he is destined to get his ass kicked.

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Wow, this guy has rendered me speechless.

The really sad part is they are forcing their little boy (green shirt) to be indoctrinated into this street barker lifestyle.

These Jesus freaks should be arrested for child abuse!

So this is love
04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Yay. I made it! No word from anyone inside tonight? Guess I'll start checking twitter. Gotta get a beer first :)

Beer..... check

So this is love
04-27-2012, 09:35 PM
The way he antagonizes people he is destined to get his ass kicked.

Hey Perrin whats up....will you get a maritime show on the next leg?

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 09:39 PM
People, me and my kid had to walk right by that dude!! And if you look way back to the right, on the sidewalk at the white building you'll see another dude preaching. That SOB had the balls to ask me "is this your daughter?" So I said "back off" and he says, and I quote, "honey, do you know you're dad is sending you to hell tonight?" He kept on yelling after us, probably 'cause I told him, politely, to go fuck himself. No shit.

mug
Cool that a packer fan tries. GO PACK GO. tell him to go get fucked!

Momshell
Nothing worthwhile on twitter yet. Looks like they're running way behind!

Momshell
04-27-2012, 09:41 PM
People, me and my kid had to walk right by that dude!! And if you look way back to the right, on the sidewalk at the white building you'll see another dude preaching. That SOB had the balls to ask me "is this your daughter?" So I said "back off" and he says, and I quote, "honey, do you know you're dad is sending you to hell tonight?" He kept on yelling after us, probably 'cause I told him, politely, to go fuck himself. No shit.

That is so fucked up that he had the balls to talk to your daughter. How in the world is that even legal?

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 09:41 PM

Holy shit! Someone would have to hold me back!!! You don't mess with a child like that.

perrin29
04-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Hey Perrin whats up....will you get a maritime show on the next leg? Man I hope so. I have heard some rumours but until confirmed it's just that.

fifth element
04-27-2012, 09:45 PM
People, me and my kid had to walk right by that dude!! And if you look way back to the right, on the sidewalk at the white building you'll see another dude preaching. That SOB had the balls to ask me "is this your daughter?" So I said "back off" and he says, and I quote, "honey, do you know you're dad is sending you to hell tonight?" He kept on yelling after us, probably 'cause I told him, politely, to go fuck himself. No shit.why anyone would try to scare a child by telling them that their parent was "going to hell" is beyond anything that I can fathom
seriously....what type of person intentionally goes out of their way to hurt a child?

So this is love
04-27-2012, 09:47 PM

They are the relic of mom against rnroll or whatever they called themselves back in the 80s....I remember we were lectured in High School not to listen to ac/dc or VH as they were Satans..blah blah....damn I miss the 80s.....and I have a 9 yr old daughter and I know how you feel when an idiot like this even dare ask you is this your daughter....I don't know how you kept your cool...I hope your daughter didn't notice this idiot

loucap81
04-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Re: the Charlotte video, do you guys really get a lot of this in the South?

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 09:51 PM

That's the only way to treat these street barker scum!

Isn't Christianity supposed to teach love and tolerance?

All I hear from this asshole is "God hates sex --- God hates drugs --- God hates gays --- God hates Van Halen fans"

NIN1211
04-27-2012, 09:53 PM

All I hear from this asshole is "God hates sex --- God hates drugs --- God hates gays --- God hates Van Halen fans"

Hence the term Oxymoron.....

Jesus Christ

OK, I know that I'm usually telling folks to turn the other cheek and all, but seriously.... this fool does not represent Me, and if you had kicked his ass, ye would have been forgiven for doing so instantly.

And if anybody else runs into these idiots at a concert, ye can tell them that Jesus agrees they should go commit fornication with themselves. :jesuslol:

DONNIEP
why anyone would try to scare a child by telling them that their parent was "going to hell" is beyond anything that I can fathom
seriously....what type of person intentionally goes out of their way to hurt a child?

A fucked in the head lunatic, that's who. The really bad part is that there was a cop not 10 feet away from this guy watching everybody. So they antagonize the piss out of everybody, just hoping you'll deck one of them. And yes, I wanted to deck him. I hope I show up in part two of their little freakshow 'cause you'll see my Roth Army shirt. It was bullshit, pissed me off like hell!

And yes Lou, these bastards hang out, outside of every single damn concert and most sporting events. They bait people and try to start arguements and insult nearly everybody that walks by. Just like that first dipshit was doing.

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 09:54 PM
OK, I know that I'm usually telling folks to turn the other cheek and all, but seriously.... this fool does not represent Me, and if you had kicked his ass, ye would have been forgiven for doing so instantly.

And if anybody else runs into these idiots at a concert, ye can tell them that Jesus agrees they should go commit fornication with themselves. :jesuslol:

Thank you Lord! :)

NIN1211
04-27-2012, 09:56 PM

Can I Get That In Writing?

Jesus Christ
04-27-2012, 09:56 PM

Obviously he hasn't read My posts on this board.

loucap81
04-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Alright so back on topic. No one's texting the setlist tonight? Again not that I blame anyone for not wanting to be bothered.

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 10:00 PM

I got a gut feeling the Lord would kick this street barker in the nutsack and then head inside to rock out with the Pasadena Gods of Hedonism --- and maybe enjoy a cold one ???

Roth Van Halen fans ---- Jesus got your back!

So this is love
04-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Alright so back on topic. No one's texting the setlist tonight? Again not that I blame anyone for not wanting to be bothered.

Momshell???!!!

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Momshell???!!!

I got nothing - sorry! There's nothing on twitter either. :pullinghair:

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Well, Silvio said he was goin' dark so we won't hear anything else from him. And there's at least one other member there so...hopefully we'll get some updates or at least some tweets. I mean, it's Friday night for God's sake!! :gulp:

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Well hopefully someone will start with something soon...

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Running with the devil! Yes that just happened! #vanhalen— Bradley H Koger (@cortezdakilla) April 28, 2012

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:08 PM
No band around today is gonna fill a stadium like this in 35 years the way #VanHalen has twitter.com/elibsabeth/sta…— Lizzie Pearson (@elibsabeth) April 28, 2012

So this is love
04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Well hopefully someone will start with something soon...

is this SNIPER & whats her name???I forget ...another member damn!! I mean on your avatar

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Pure truth !!!

No band around today is gonna fill a stadium like this in 35 years the way #VanHalen has twitter.com/elibsabeth/sta…— Lizzie Pearson (@elibsabeth) April 28, 2012

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 10:11 PM

Well that place is definitely packed!!!

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Gotta love an upgrade.#VanHalenNashville is rocking!!! twitter.com/tn_price/statu…— Michelle Price (@tn_price) April 28, 2012

sadaist
04-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Holy shit! Someone would have to hold me back!!! You don't mess with a child like that.

Fuckin A! You shouldn't mess with anyone like that. Believe what you wanna believe but why the fuck press it onto everyone else? Dang. Sometimes I really hate people.

I guess in an odd way it is good for a child to witness mom or dad sticking up for them against a big meanie. When a guy broke my leg when I was 8, what I remember more than the horrible pain, crying, ambulance, and hospital was my Dad pissed as a motherfucker going after the guy. As bad as I felt that made me feel good & safe to know this huge guy was there to avenge me. (he wasn't that huge...but when you're 8 he looked enormous)

sadaist
04-27-2012, 10:13 PM

OMFG that is pure beauty. And truer words have never been spoken.....err, tweeted.

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:14 PM
is this SNIPER & whats her name???I forget ...another member damn!! I mean on your avatar

Hey...I'm Light Em Up, Sniper's wife. That's he and I...

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Fuckin A! You shouldn't mess with anyone like that. Believe what you wanna believe but why the fuck press it onto everyone else? Dang. Sometimes I really hate people.

I guess in an odd way it is good for a child to witness mom or dad sticking up for them against a big meanie. When a guy broke my leg when I was 8, what I remember more than the horrible pain, crying, ambulance, and hospital was my Dad pissed as a motherfucker going after the guy. As bad as I felt that made me feel good & safe to know this huge guy was there to avenge me. (he wasn't that huge...but when you're 8 he looked enormous)

Right on brother :thumb:

sadaist
04-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Obviously he hasn't read My posts on this board.

:lmao:

Yeah, Roth Army is where Jesus can relax & tell it like it is.

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:16 PM
OMGosh!!! Eddie Van Halen!!!!!! He still got it!!!! #VanHalen twitter.com/PurpleHippy/st…— ☮Kim☮ (@PurpleHippy) April 28, 2012

DONNIEP
Damn I wish I was there....

Momshell
Eddy vanhalen is tearing up the guitar— Jack Higginbotham (@Jack_Higgi) April 28, 2012

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Looks like a fuckin' great crowd! Love it!

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Damn I wish I was there....

I know - it's really hard coming down from a show, isn't it? It's been awhile for me, so I'm used to being here for the shows now, but the first couple after my shows were tough! I'm actually going to see a VH tribute band tomorrow night - gotta get something while I wait for them to come back to my area in July!

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Got my fingers crossed for you, Light 'Em Up :)

So this is love
Hey...I'm Light Em Up, Sniper's wife. That's he and I...

you guys keep changing pics every week...wtf....are you trying to fool the secret services...don't bother they're busy right now .lol

Momshell
thought you guys would appreciate this one!
Damn it is great to have a sober Eddie Van Halen wailing and Dave got rid of the stupid head microphone. #Vanhalen— Philip Wallace (@wallyb1966) April 28, 2012

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 10:20 PM
I know - it's really hard coming down from a show, isn't it? It's been awhile for me, so I'm used to being here for the shows now, but the first couple after my shows were tough! I'm actually going to see a VH tribute band tomorrow night - gotta get something while I wait for them to come back to my area in July!

It feels like you do when you have to come home from a great vacation...it was a hell of a time...but damn, it's over? Really??

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Got my fingers crossed for you, Light 'Em Up :)

Hey thanks Donniep! I have my fingers, toes and everything else crossed...:headbangez:

And btw...glad you and your daughter had a great time....

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Either she's quoting Dave from MSG or he's repeating himself - definitely said this at MSG - I think night 2 (3/1)
"I was trying to take two advil + a glass of water but it was dark so i accidentally took 2 painkillers and 3 shots of tequila.." #vanhalen— kacy allisonnn (@kacyg93) April 28, 2012

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:23 PM
you guys keep changing pics every week...wtf....are you trying to fool the secret services...don't bother they're busy right now .lol

Sorry So This is Love....I'm a rookie

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Call 911 ---- Dave and Eddie are burning Gnashville to the ground tonight !!!

Eddy vanhalen is tearing up the guitar— Jack Higginbotham (@Jack_Higgi) April 28, 2012

So this is love
04-27-2012, 10:24 PM
ok ,maybe America is in a recession...but why am I already out of Thanks a th RA.......Come on David give me a break......1 break comin' upppppp

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:26 PM
BTW - there are a couple of CB's and douches tweeting but I refuse to give them airtime at the RA - f'in sheep!

sadaist
04-27-2012, 10:26 PM

Ummm.....I don't feel bad for you. In the last couple months you have seen Van Halen more than I have ever or ever will see them in my entire lifetime. So, yeah...you aint got it all that rough :)

ps - I think you might have a slight VH/Dave addiction problem. There is no cure. Like Keith Richards once said, the problem with addiction is supply. Luckily for you it's being supplied in heavy doses right now.

ALMOSTsaved
04-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Nashville fuckin' TN... Yeah I had a few beers. ;)

Zing!
04-27-2012, 10:28 PM
The mighty Van Halen. Can I get an AMEN (from the ding doink out front, that is...)

:amen:

sadaist
04-27-2012, 10:28 PM

I know right? WTF? Keeping us on our toes. Or trying out a bunch until they find that one magical slipper that fits perfect.

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Ummm.....I don't feel bad for you. In the last couple months you have seen Van Halen more than I have ever or ever will see them in my entire lifetime. So, yeah...you aint got it all that rough :)

ps - I think you might have a slight VH/Dave addiction problem. There is no cure. Like Keith Richards once said, the problem with addiction is supply. Luckily for you it's being supplied in heavy doses right now.

I know - I'm not looking for pity - just trying to empathize with Donniep! And I'm well aware of my addiction - and it's probably more that "slight"! I don't think I'm alone here. Maybe we should start a 12-step thread?

So this is love
thought you guys would appreciate this one!
Damn it is great to have a sober Eddie Van Halen wailing and Dave got rid of the stupid head microphone. #Vanhalen— Philip Wallace (@wallyb1966) April 28, 2012

Thank God Dave dropped the headphone....and I like to think that we at RA have something to do about it....

Light Em' Up!
BTW - there are a couple of CB's and douches tweeting but I refuse to give them airtime at the RA - f'in sheep!

I'm good with that...

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:31 PM

I know right? WTF? Keeping us on our toes. Or trying out a bunch until they find that one magical slipper that fits perfect.

Okay now!!! I said I was sorry....I'm just learning here....:bigwink:

fifth element
They are the relic of mom against rnroll or whatever they called themselves back in the 80s....I remember we were lectured in High School not to listen to ac/dc or VH as they were Satans..blah blah....damn I miss the 80s

yeah the age of "played backwards they are REALLY saying....(blah, blah, blah)"

DONNIEP
I know - I'm not looking for pity - just trying to empathize with Donniep! And I'm well aware of my addiction - and it's probably more that "slight"! I don't think I'm alone here. Maybe we should start a 12-step thread?

Maybe we should start a Roth Army Detox fund so me and some of the other members can dry out once this tour is over :) :gulp:

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:32 PM

Step 1: go to a VH show
Step2: go to a VH show
Step 3-12: Repeat step 1 &2

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Everybody wants some. I want some too! Yeah that just happened too! Lol— Bradley H Koger (@cortezdakilla) April 28, 2012

Somebody get me a doctor! @VanHalen— Shirley Ann (@ShirleyAnn78) April 28, 2012

Eddie Van Halen is better than ever if that possible..Diamond Dave...well he's giving it all he's got leg kicks & all. Gotta love him. #vh— larryblackwell (@lbjr59) April 28, 2012

sadaist
04-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Okay now!!! I said I was sorry....I'm just learning here....:bigwink:

Don't be sorry. It's kinda fun. A lot of the members here change their avatars depending on their moods. Plus it's a good way to share a lot of different pics you like. This site isn't about being sorry but having fun and listening to VAN HALEN!!!

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Step 1: go to a VH show
Step2: go to a VH show
Step 3-12: Repeat step 1 &2

I think that's what got me into trouble in the first place!

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Everybody wants some. I want some too! Yeah that just happened too! Lol— Bradley H Koger (@cortezdakilla) April 28, 2012

Somebody get me a doctor! @VanHalen— Shirley Ann (@ShirleyAnn78) April 28, 2012

Eddie Van Halen is better than ever if that possible..Diamond Dave...well he's giving it all he's got leg kicks & all. Gotta love him. #vh— larryblackwell (@lbjr59) April 28, 2012

Hell ya!!! Love reading this stuff!

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Hell ya!!! Love reading this stuff!

I think you're a candidate for our group!

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Don't be sorry. It's kinda fun. A lot of the members here change their avatars depending on their moods. Plus it's a good way to share a lot of different pics you like. This site isn't about being sorry but having fun and listening to VAN HALEN!!!

Thanks for that Sadaist...I love being here at the Army!

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 10:37 PM

Slay them with wild abandon, Momshell ---- SHOW THEM NO MERCY !!!

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:38 PM
I think that's what got me into trouble in the first place!

Well....I don't know any other cure besides "Somebody Get Me a Doctor" LOL!

So this is love
04-27-2012, 10:38 PM

unfair...

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:39 PM
I think you're a candidate for our group!

Unfortunately, I am still waiting for Step 1!!!

loucap81
04-27-2012, 10:39 PM

There are very, very few legacy rock and roll bands that approximate their heyday better than Van Halen are doing. Rush is probably the only other band right up there too. I saw The Police in 2007-08 on that reunion tour and while Stewart Copeland was still awesome, Sting and Andy Summers had lost a LOT off their fastballs to the point where some songs were barely recognizable. I was pretty let down having heard all the old bootlegs and then listening to bastardized songs. But I guarantee you those shows got better reviews than the Van Halen ones on the whole because I think that band has generally been looked at favorably over the years whereas VH have always gotten a hard time for whatever reason.

I think it's because there are still a lot of people out there that don't get Van Halen and never will. DLR is an acquired taste, no doubt about it, and some people just can't adjust. They want good technical singing which was NEVER what Van Halen was about. They're not complaining because the band can't play anymore, they're complaining about the way the band has always been and using their ages and legacy status as an excuse. They're ignorant people. I don't think it's particularly hard to understand--DLR is from the Bon Scott school of lead singing where it's all about showmanship, humor, wit and flair. Most of the time that style doesn't work but with those two bands it sure as hell did.

Just remember the joke's on them. Few people read newspapers and far less are reading some no-name bozo's twitter comments and giving a crap about them.

So this is love
04-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Thank you for whoever reloaded my thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!love ya

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Unfortunately, I am still waiting for Step 1!!!

sorry :(

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM
It's painfully obvious a LOT of the negative reviews on this tour are coming from the Van Hagar Sheepie Scumbags. They grew up thinking VH was all about pitch-perfect love ballads that are supposed to pry tears outta your eyes with a crowbar!

PURE IGNORANCE ---- these dipshits need to watch the '82 Largo show or '83 US Festival to finally understand what REAL Van Halen was always about ---- loose, crazy fun that didnt sound just like the records. Stay home and put on the earphones if you want that shit --- people went to a Roth VH show to drink and celebrate SEX, DRUGS, and ROCK 'N ROLL.

There are very, very few legacy rock and roll bands that approximate their heyday better than Van Halen are doing. Rush is probably the only other band right up there too. I saw The Police in 2007-08 on that reunion tour and while Stewart Copeland was still awesome, Sting and Andy Summers had lost a LOT off their fastballs to the point where some songs were barely recognizable. I was pretty let down having heard all the old bootlegs and then listening to bastardized songs. But I guarantee you those shows got better reviews than the Van Halen ones on the whole because I think that band has generally been looked at favorably over the years whereas VH have always gotten a hard time for whatever reason.

I think it's because there are still a lot of people out there that don't get Van Halen and never will. DLR is an acquired taste, no doubt about it, and some people just can't adjust. They want good technical singing which was NEVER what Van Halen was about. They're not complaining because the band can't play anymore, they're complaining about the way the band has always been and using their ages and legacy status as an excuse. They're ignorant people. I don't think it's particularly hard to understand--DLR is from the Bon Scott school of lead singing where it's all about showmanship, humor, wit and flair. Most of the time that style doesn't work but with those two bands it sure as hell did.

Just remember the joke's on them. Few people read newspapers and far less are reading some no-name bozo's twitter comments and giving a crap about them.

So this is love
04-27-2012, 10:45 PM

talking about changing avatar...its been a while:lmao:

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:46 PM
It's painfully obvious a LOT of the negative reviews on this tour are coming from the Van Hagar Sheepie Scumbags. They grew up thinking VH was all about pitch-perfect love ballads that are supposed to pry tears outta your eyes with a crowbar!

PURE IGNORANCE ---- these dipshits need to watch the '82 Largo show or '83 US Festival to finally understand what REAL Van Halen was always about ---- loose, crazy fun that didnt sound just like the records. Stay home and put on the earphones if you want that shit --- people went to a Roth VH show to drink and celebrate SEX, DRUGS, and ROCK 'N ROLL.

:amen:

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:47 PM
talking changing about avatar...its been a while:lmao:

Grrrr!!! :-) LOL! I promise I won't change it....for a few days....I liked this one because we were at the Rainbow in Hollywood, and he's sporting a VH shirt...there's really a reason for my madness....

loucap81
04-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah and if they watched those 1982-83 shows they'd be saying, "See this is why Roth sucks and Hagar's great. Roth was immature and didn't sing but when Hagar came on board they finally matured and he was able to hit high notes."

They just don't get it, never will, it's not worth our time. It's the same reason why that Hagar thread shouldn't be in Main, he's not worth the time. Think about it this way--if the band can pretend that Van Hagar never existed, why can't we? :D

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Slay them with wild abandon, Momshell ---- SHOW THEM NO MERCY !!!

OK - if anyone knows how to attack via twitter.....get this dick please!
@Vanhalen sounds like shit tonight in Nashville.Get rid of Diamond Dave!!!!#IlltakeSammy.Waste of my money!!!— Jay Austin (@StangLuvr) April 28, 2012

Dear @VanHalen AV crew...I don't want to see slow motion dance moves from Diamond Dave!Thanks, Disappointed Fan— Jay Austin (@StangLuvr) April 28, 2012

sorry - I can't hold this shit in and deal with it without you guys!!

fifth element
04-27-2012, 10:49 PM
OK - if anyone knows how to attack via twitter.....get this dick please!
@Vanhalen sounds like shit tonight in Nashville.Get rid of Diamond Dave!!!!#IlltakeSammy.Waste of my money!!!— Jay Austin (@StangLuvr) April 28, 2012

Dear @VanHalen AV crew...I don't want to see slow motion dance moves from Diamond Dave!Thanks, Disappointed Fan— Jay Austin (@StangLuvr) April 28, 2012

sorry - I can't hold this shit in and deal with it without you guys!!

ummmmmm....there is no cure for stupid?

loucap81
04-27-2012, 10:51 PM
If you look at his profile, notice how he identifies himself: "UK Fan, Mustang Lover, Christian, PS3 player, Father, Coach, Fun Lover!" (emphasis added by me). He should hang out with that idiot who was standing outside the arena in Charlotte. Seriously what a tool.

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:52 PM
danceeeeee the night away.... #vanhalen— Corey Kadlec (@Dirtykad) April 28, 2012

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 10:52 PM
If you look at his profile, notice how he identifies himself: "UK Fan, Mustang Lover, Christian, PS3 player, Father, Coach, Fun Lover!" (emphasis added by me). He should hang out with that idiot who was standing outside the arena in Charlotte. Seriously what a tool.

Hmmm....he's really showing that Christian spirit, what with his foul mouth and all :) Fuck that dude!

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 10:53 PM
danceeeeee the night away.... #vanhalen— Corey Kadlec (@Dirtykad) April 28, 2012

Haven't seen a clip of this from Wednesday yet, but it sounded great to me live!

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM

He probably is that idiot!

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Haven't seen a clip of this from Wednesday yet, but it sounded great to me live!

Yup - I think I'm in the minority here, but I'm really starting to like the new live version of this.

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Yup - I think I'm in the minority here, but I'm really starting to like the new live version of this.

You and me both. And I'll wait is heavy as hell live and I love it too.

Jesus Christ
04-27-2012, 10:56 PM

I don't know what guy named "Christ" these sheep claim to follow, but verily it is not THIS Great Shepherd.

Good to see you resurrected, Louis. :jesuslol:

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:57 PM
How about the DB wishing for a "Sniper"...I think there's one on here that might beg to differ!!!

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Whoa - someone has to find a way to respond to this fucker - he crossed the line big time...
I wouldn't be upset if a sniper got David Lee Roth right now. #vanhalen— http:/Brian Crawford (@imBrianCrawford) April 28, 2012

Momshell
04-27-2012, 10:58 PM
How about the DB wishing for a "Sniper"...I think there's one on here that might beg to differ!!!

There goes that telepathy again!!

So this is love
04-27-2012, 10:58 PM
ok - if anyone knows how to attack via twitter.....get this dick please!
@vanhalen sounds like shit tonight in nashville.get rid of diamond dave!!!!#illtakesammy.waste of my money!!!— jay austin (@stangluvr) april 28, 2012

dear @vanhalen av crew...i don't want to see slow motion dance moves from diamond dave!thanks, disappointed fan— jay austin (@stangluvr) april 28, 2012

sorry - i can't hold this shit in and deal with it without you guys!!

fuck em dont bother...

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 10:59 PM
There goes that telepathy again!!

That's right Momshell!

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 11:00 PM
This ass clown needs to see Spammy at the local BBQ joint ---- I heard ChickenPussy plays for 100 or so people a night ---- he'll have great seats and can cry his eyes out !!

ummmmmm....there is no cure for stupid?

SNIPER
04-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Wow! What a fool!

loucap81
04-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Someone's posting the set on the Links. They're up to I'll Wait. Pretty standard so far. #4 is Romeo, #9 is HAIL, #13 is The Trouble With Never, everything else is the usual.

Momshell
04-27-2012, 11:03 PM
This is more like it.....
The boys still got it. #vanhalen@ Bridgestone Arena instagr.am/p/J8o9htNBPN/— John Ferguson (@VWJohnFerguson) April 28, 2012

SNIPER
04-27-2012, 11:03 PM
I don't get why that fuck head would even be at the concert if he is gonna say shit like that. Thats fucked up! :nono:

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Can we hire these teens to hunt down the Hagarita Lovers at the show tonight ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5l8QpuPfg

Momshell
Someone's posting the set on the Links. They're up to I'll Wait. Pretty standard so far. #4 is Romeo, #9 is HAIL, #13 is The Trouble With Never, everything else is the usual.

I'm outta thanks as well so.....thanks!!

So this is love
someone's posting the set on the links. They're up to i'll wait. Pretty standard so far. #4 is romeo, #9 is hail, #13 is the trouble with never, everything else is the usual.
hail ....nice

SNIPER
04-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Maybe Dave's vest is bullet proof.

Momshell
04-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Can we hire these teens to hunt down the Hagarita Lovers at the show tonight ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5l8QpuPfg

awesome!!

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 11:06 PM
I don't get why that fuck head would even be at the concert if he is gonna say shit like that. Thats fucked up! :nono:

No shit. Why spend the money? Seriously? I feel sorry for his wife and kids. "Look kids, daddy's being a douchebag again".

gene
Hey Jay Austin FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!:fufu:

Momshell
Maybe Dave's vest is bullet proof.

so it's fucker's like this that are making him keep his shirt on.....now I'm even madder!!

loucap81
Whoa - someone has to find a way to respond to this fucker - he crossed the line big time...
I wouldn't be upset if a sniper got David Lee Roth right now. #vanhalen— http:/Brian Crawford (@imBrianCrawford) April 28, 2012

Here's a larger version of this idiot's picture. Just absorb that for a second, anything need more be said?

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/114202051/brianwiner.jpg

RealTwisted
04-27-2012, 11:08 PM
OK, I know you were talking about the preachers outside over an hour ago, but I just got here. Real easy to shut those guys up... here's a few things I say...

"Who do you think gave us Van Halen? They are God's creation, as is everything else"
"Have you no faith??? God is coming to the show WITH me, as he is always with me..."

Those, or rebuttals like them work wonders

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Here's a larger version of this idiot's picture. Just absorb that for a second, anything need more be said?

Looks like he's getting ready to suck Sam's....well, you get the picture :)

Momshell
04-27-2012, 11:10 PM

looks like this :dickhead:

photoshop anyone?

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Connor Roddy ‏ @DrizzyC2014

I have never seen a smile on my daddy's face this big!!! :) #vanhalen

Now that's what I like to hear!!! I bet there are a lot of people feeling this way!

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Connor Roddy ‏ @DrizzyC2014

I have never seen a smile on my daddy's face this big!!! :) #vanhalen

Now that's what I like to hear!!! I bet there are a lot of people feeling this way!

Kick ASS!!!!

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Or how about this one??

Adam Meador ‏ @Adrock37075
"Seeing @eddievanhalen live is like being in the operating room to watch a surgeon. #vanhalen

SNIPER
04-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Looks like the dude from Will & Grace. :flame:

Momshell
04-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Hot for teacher! Yeah that one too! Love it!!!!!!— Bradley H Koger (@cortezdakilla) April 28, 2012

gene
04-27-2012, 11:16 PM
DORK DORK DORK!!! Thinks he looks cool with that mouth open.:winkglasses:

SNIPER
04-27-2012, 11:16 PM
looks like this :dickhead:

photoshop anyone?

*Caution: - Posting a real dick pic can get you banned.

Sensible Shoes
04-27-2012, 11:17 PM
All I hear from this asshole is "God hates sex --- God hates drugs --- God hates Gaygar"

nuff said

Momshell
04-27-2012, 11:18 PM
*Caution: - Posting a real dick pic can get you banned.

Hey - Lou posted the real pic of the dick - I just posted a smiley! :)

SNIPER
04-27-2012, 11:22 PM
:biggrin:

So this is love
04-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Looks like the dude from Will & Grace. :flame:

I like your new avatar

loucap81
04-27-2012, 11:25 PM
According to the Links #18 was Outta Love Again. Everything else as usual, now they're up to the guitar solo.

SNIPER
04-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks, I think I will keep this one a while. :bigwink:

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Man they are totally rocking it out tonight! #vanhalen #davidleeroth #youreallygotme twitter.com/lalehl/status/…— Laleh Lamb (@lalehl) April 28, 2012

sob33316
04-27-2012, 11:36 PM

You let him walk away? he would have been carried away if he said that to my daughter!

So this is love
04-27-2012, 11:36 PM
For whats its worth Nashville just scored against Phoenix its now 3-3....lol

fifth element
04-27-2012, 11:37 PM

damn....foolish, foolish man...
or perhaps an attention seeking child

Momshell
04-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Thanks, I think I will keep this one a while. :bigwink:

That's too bad - -I like it, but I prefer it when people change their avatars on a more frequent basis :)

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 11:39 PM
For whats its worth Nashville just scored against Phoenix its now 3-3....lol

Is that what your avatar said??? :bigwink:

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Damn good analogy!!!

Seeing @eddievanhalen live is like being in the operating room to watch a surgeon. #vanhalen— Adam Meador (@Adrock37075) April 28, 2012

So this is love
04-27-2012, 11:41 PM
That's too bad - -I like it, but I prefer it when people change their avatars on a more frequent basis :)

ok I hear u I will change mine over the weekend lol.....

VAiN
04-27-2012, 11:42 PM

Ha! Before I read that post, this was the answer that was agreed upon:

http://www.whitespacecreativedesign.com/STUFF/crawford.png

So this is love
04-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Is that what your avatar said??? :bigwink:

no b/c the game is on the very channel she's on...I havent seen her in while actually...I think I might have jinxed her:doh:

VAiN
04-27-2012, 11:46 PM
http://www.whitespacecreativedesign.com/STUFF/god.png

VAiN
04-27-2012, 11:46 PM
http://www.whitespacecreativedesign.com/STUFF/cunt.png

SNIPER
04-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Damn good analogy!!!

Seeing @eddievanhalen live is like being in the operating room to watch a surgeon. #vanhalen— Adam Meador (@Adrock37075) April 28, 2012

Well, Eddie's frets are the same stainless steel thats used in surgical instruments.

DONNIEP
04-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Too good Vain :thumb:

Momshell
04-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Too good Vain :thumb:

What he said! Awesome!!

Light Em' Up!
04-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Ummmm???? Seems to be a fan, but....LOL!

Alright all you swingers swing! #np #vanHalen— Michael Rinehart (@MRhino10) April 28, 2012

TJMKID
04-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Just like Dave watching his dear old Pops while he was growing up ---- slicing and dicing those eyeballs and making premium bank !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F2nRq823RI

Damn good analogy!!!

vandeleur
04-27-2012, 11:56 PM
Go vain

Momshell
04-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Goodnight everyone! I gotta go to sleep. Going out tomorrow night to see a VH tribute. Woo hoo!! See you in the am...hopefully with some youtubes.

SNIPER
04-27-2012, 11:59 PM
:hee:
Goodnight everyone! I gotta go to sleep. Going out tomorrow night to see a VH tribute. Woo hoo!! See you in the am...hopefully with some youtubes.

I hope it's not 5150.

Light Em' Up!
04-28-2012, 12:00 AM
I can now die happy. Thank you #vanhalen— Jenna Powell (@jennap5150) April 28, 2012

So this is love
04-28-2012, 12:04 AM
:hee:

I hope it's not 5150.

must be Unchained

Light Em' Up!
04-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Did we expect anything less from The Mighty???

#vanhalen did not disappoint. At all. Fantastic show.— John Ferguson (@VWJohnFerguson) April 28, 2012

So this is love
04-28-2012, 12:10 AM
...and you folks I mean the 80 peeps lurking what do you think?

Light Em' Up!
04-28-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm thinking Dave has effected this guy....

Tomorrow, buying a collie, and acousticguitar and leather pants @martywinsch @findyourflo #VanHalen— Mark Montgomery (@hellomarko) April 28, 2012

TwoFoolsAMinute
04-28-2012, 12:19 AM
...and you folks I mean the 80 peeps lurking what do you think?

I'm not lurking...just waving.

vandeleur
04-28-2012, 12:25 AM
Lurking , lurking .... Chilling u mean :-)

sadaist
04-28-2012, 12:25 AM

Oh yeah. I've seen guys like that. Usually the 1st ones to get raped in prison.

vandeleur
04-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Yeah there called volunteers lol

Dan
04-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Pants Off.:D

Dan
04-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Bring On the Reviews And YouTubes.:D :hitch:

vandeleur
04-28-2012, 12:37 AM
Sounds good

Dan
04-28-2012, 12:39 AM
A Round Of And Tarts And Darts From The Sheep Pen Crew.:hitch:

SilvioDante
04-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Just walked in the door folks. Totally exhausted. Gonna keep it short for now.

Kool and the Gang - Don't stand in the concourse and drink beer like some tool. Check'em out. They're good!

Van Halen-

Al is Al. Spot on. Steady as a rock.

Wolfie - I hope this kids starts a VH-like band when this is all done. He has the chops, bass and vocals. Barely miss Mike, just in name only.

Dave - To be honest, the first 2/3 of the show I thought he was great. Voice seemed to get a little tired as the show went on. Worked the crowd great. 2/3 of Dave is better than anyone anyway.

Eddie - Amazing. Thing I noticed most about him was he seemed very happy to be there. Hugging everyone. Hollering "Thank you" in the mic after his solo. During the "Cathedral" part, dead silence, except for the occasional "Whoo"ing drunk dude.

Set list- I got to hear GGB, HAIL which were to 2 rotating songs I wanted to hear bad! Happy about that.

Gotta hit the bed. 15 year old me had to go back, 42 year old dad has to be up early tomorrow.

Roth on!

TitanTopper
04-28-2012, 01:22 AM
Ok, just got home. What an INCREDIBLE fucking night that I shared with my 10 yr old!! Let me start by saying I have seen every line-up: Classic VH, Hargar, Cherone, DLR Solo and now VH '12 and this was BY FAR the best show I have seen them do. Ed was flawless. Dave was SPOT ON and the true showman without any goofy shit. THE true Rock Front Man!! Wolf was awesome on both bass and vocals. Alex was as usual...superb!! I am telling everyone now, the YouTube vids do NO justice to Dave's vocals. Where we were sitting...his voice sounded Incredible ALL night and he was definitely on his game tonight. He had countless classic DLR Flying Back Kicks. The whole night was just the best. I have seen a lot of rock shows and the rest pale in comparison. I found myself getting emotional when towards the end of the show my 10 yr old was fist pumping "Hey, Hey,Hey" during Ain't Talking Bout Love. Thank you VH...It was worth the wait...The Mighty Fucking VAN HALEN.

DONNIEP
04-28-2012, 01:43 AM
Ok, just got home. What an INCREDIBLE fucking night that I shared with my 10 yr old!! Let me start by saying I have seen every line-up: Classic VH, Hargar, Cherone, DLR Solo and now VH '12 and this was BY FAR the best show I have seen them do. Ed was flawless. Dave was SPOT ON and the true showman without any goofy shit. THE true Rock Front Man!! Wolf was awesome on both bass and vocals. Alex was as usual...superb!! I am telling everyone now, the YouTube vids do NO justice to Dave's vocals. Where we were sitting...his voice sounded Incredible ALL night and he was definitely on his game tonight. He had countless classic DLR Flying Back Kicks. The whole night was just the best. I have seen a lot of rock shows and the rest pale in comparison. I found myself getting emotional when towards the end of the show my 10 yr old was fist pumping "Hey, Hey,Hey" during Ain't Talking Bout Love. Thank you VH...It was worth the wait...The Mighty Fucking VAN HALEN.

Damn straight!

VAiN
04-28-2012, 01:51 AM
Nice guys! Sounds like another great show!

TJMKID
04-28-2012, 02:03 AM
Nashville got Van Halenized ---- Dave and Eddie burned that playhouse down !!!

IceCreamBlondie
04-28-2012, 03:49 AM

What an ass!!! Must be a Sammy lover...:eek:

Hardrock69
04-28-2012, 05:06 AM
Ok peeps.

1. The return of the Mighty Van Halen to Gnashville was fantastic, though I have a few things to go over about the experience.

2. Got to the venue about 6:30. Had a neighbor lost in some bar down on lower Broad....called him from a new cell phone I just got this afternoon...no reply.
So what I did was to go to the venue and hang out under the Bridgestone Arena sign in front, on the corner. It was lightly sprinkling, so hanging under the sign was a good thing.

3. It is not a real rock concert unless you have some fucking God-Botherers out in front. This was no exception. One idiot guy with a sandwich board on with some bullshit about Jesus washing away your sins, and a miniature squawking speaker box hanging from his neck with a headpiece microphone (maybe he stole it from Uncle Dave this afternoon, lol) was going on and on....he began hassling me about "Do you know where you are going when you die?" I said "What's it to you? I am not concerned with it". So then he starts going on through the shitty PA box, trying to tell the people passing by "This guy over here does not care that he is going to Hell when he dies". I walked over to him and told him the reason I am not concerned about where I go after I die is that I KNOW where I am going to go, and he should be talking to people who need to hear his message, instead of trying to start crap with me about it. I said "A physician needs to heal the sick, not those who are well". Then he noticed the front of my Roth Army t-shirt, and said "Let me ask you something about that shirt, I'm not trying to start an argument about it.....".

I said "YES YOU ARE, OR YOU WOULD NOT BE WANTING TO COMMENT ON IT. GO TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE!

So he walked away. I took some photos of him with my cell phone, though it is going to be a few days at least before I can post them. This new cell phone I have of course takes pictures, but it is not a smart phone, it is a stupid phone. The only way I can transfer photos is wirelessly to a bluetooth device for my PC, which I do not have.

So WHEN I get some USB bluetooth device and can transfer my photos, I will post them here.

4. Enough about the fucking moron. So I hung out under the sign, figuring that any of my friends going to the show, including friends from here, would eventually show up. Sure enough, a guy steps out of the crowd and introduces himself to me. It is Private Parts, from Knoxville! He was there with his wife and son to see the show. We had some pleasant conversation for a moment and they went on inside. I gotta tell ya....I saw a lot of parents bringing their kids to see Van Halen, and it thrilled me to no end.......I was happy to see Private Parts was educating his son in the ways of the Mighty Van Halen, lol.

5. So.....the show was supposed to start at 7:30. I waited until 7:15 to go in. As I got close to the door, I noticed another God-botherer right beside the area where people were going in the door....he had an actual megaphone, and was yelling at everyone that they needed to go home as they were going to burn in hell for attending this "evil rock concert".

I took issue with this, and yelled at him that he was actually doing the work of Satan. It startled him, but he kept right on with his ranting. As I wanted to go inside (though I really wanted to fuck with this idiot), I decided to keep it short and yelled at him a few times "HAIL SATAN! HAIL SATAN! HAIL SATAN!" just to chap his worthless ignorant ass. :lmao:

6. Got inside, got a Pepsi (bad for me I know, but they had no Dr. Pepper, lol). Found my seat. 5 minutes later the house lights went out. My friends I was attending with (all 8 of us had seats next to each other in the same row) had not arrived....so I was pretty much alone in Seat Number 1. I was in Section 105, Row J......halfway back on the lower level on the right side about 10 feet elevation above the stage. Kool & The Gang came out. 11 guys, really tight band. Their harmonies were all spot on, true professionals. They played half their set before the lead singer said "Ok we goin' back to the 70s now". Hollywood (is that the title of the song?), and Jungle Boogie followed immediately thereafter.

Truth be told, the stuff they played before they dug back into Hitsville bored me to death. Yes they are a great band, with a well and storied career, but I sat and listened, watching....and they did not kick my ass. They were not bad AT ALL. Just did not kick my ass. Personal preference. Jaded? Perhaps. After Jungle Boogie was over (man that riff is one of THE CLASSIC R & B riffs of all time), I wandered out into the mezzanine to hang out and wait for my friends. They showed up, when K & TG had about one song left, and we waited until about 20 minutes into the set change before wandering in to our seats. I don't think this show sold out, as I saw some areas where there were a few short blocks of seats empty, but then again, those empty seats were few enough they may have belonged to ticket brokers....the venue was 99.99% sold out if not completely.

7. GODDAM MUTHAFUKKING VAN HALEN! We saw the band walk up the steps at the back of the stage. Alex suddenly appeared at his drum kit and began blasting out....the lights did not go out until he did....so it was rather sudden.....then Ed and Wolfy came out, followed by Uncle Dave. Don't recall the setlist exactly...opened with Unchained, other songs played were Women In Love, HAIL, Chinatown, Trouble With Never, Tattoo, Hot For Teacher, etc.

Dave sounded fine. Yes, as mentioned in recent shows, he sang some stuff in higher registers, but to me he did not really sound rough or bad at all. I will say he was better then when I saw them from 1978 to 1983 on four occasions. Thing missing from Uncle Dave these days is that youthful macho posturing swagger. He is more like Uncle Dave, the Toastmaster General.

His choice of stuff to rant about mystifies me.....early in the tour it was Blower Rant. This time, there were a couple of small beach balls being tossed around....he told the crowd to send them his way....one fell into the pit, the other one got to the stage where Uncle Dave punted it backstage. He then went into a short explanation that there was some incident the other night where a beachball hit someone in the face who was wearing glasses and it injured their eyes......perhaps seeking to ward of potential liability problems.....

Ok so midway through the set....he suddenly demands someone come out and mop up the stage.....WTF? No roadie appeared...so Dave himself took some scarf that had been around his neck and actually began to wipe the floor! Took about 3 minutes more but suddenly a roadie showed up on the stage, and while the band were playing this guy is pushing a mop around the plywood Dave had on the stage to slide around on......then after 5 more minutes the guy comes out again to push the mop around.....I dunno what was on the stage that required mopup.....but then, right toward the end of the set, Ed was sitting on the steps in front of the drums doing his solo, and that same roadie comes out AGAIN and is shoving the mop around on the stage RIGHT IN THE MIDST OF ED'S SOLO!

Ed just kept on playing.....and playing amazingly (as expected by yours truly).

Van Halen took the stage at 8:58, and were done with Jump by about 10:50.

The crowd reacted fairly well with much applause, but there were a couple of things.

Remember I predicted it would be a tough crowd? Well, it was. The crowd was sort of dead. Sure, they did give up a lot of applause, and they were not TOTALLY dead....but I just expected them to be more excited than they were.

I mean, HEY, it is not every day that the MIGHTY VAN HALEN comes to town.

Not only that, but my expectations were based in part of my memories at seeing them headline from 1979 to 1983. When arenas were packed FULL of crazed individuals who were going so apeshit that they were on the verge of destroying the building!

Not like that anymore. Van Halen has been around in 3 incarnations for almost 40 years. And in that time, peeps have become jaded. So unless you gots plenty of fire, monkeys flying out of the singer's butt, etc., people are not going to go absolutely apeshit like that anymore. Culture has grown beyond that in the US. South America is a different story, lol. They will still go absolutely berzerko crazy, lol.

Now, everyone knows what the production looks like. No vanity ramp. But there was one thing that I was not impressed by, though I can understand what the deal is. The barrier was like 15-16 feet in front of the stage! Yes, they had their video cameras down there which needed some room to operate, and the usual security guards, but to me, that is too much space between artist and crowd. I can see 10 feet perhaps. But this show the distance was like what you would see at some outdoor stadium show. Though last year's U2 show here in Gnashville, there was less than 10 feet of space between crowd, stage and walkabout ramps. Getting that crowd close helps ramp up the energy level. But as I said, I can understand why it is like it is.

With current Line Array technology, there is no need for PA on the stage. There was what appeared to be a small wedge over on Ed's end of the stage, but that was all. Everyone is using IEMs I guess. So the stage was absolutely clean as far as lines of sight. But something we also commented on when we saw vid and pix from the LA Forum Tour rehearsals.....we thought it was the size of the Forum which made the stage look small.....well, I figured out what the deal is. It is not a very deep stage. Back in the 80s, their stage would have been half again as deep.
But what they have done is to shove the stage all the way back as far as they can into the end of the arena! Back in the day you would have this stage.....and a fairly large amount of room behind it....but not this tour. And one reason for this is that it maximizes the floor capacity for ticket sales. Every inch of space you have behind the stage is space that could be given to adding more seats on the floor.

So it gave me the effect of the stage not being that big....though it was as wide as any normal stage, it was not quite as deep and there was no real space behind it.

Now....the screen behind the stage was pretty cool. U2 were pioneers in using new video screen technology back in the early 90s on such a grand scale. Christ, you could not fit 1/10th of this screen into your living room, lol.

Overall, the impression I got was that they have a highly efficient production, minimizing expenses while still having the tools to deliver a great show.

So....on the way home, 2 of my friends and I stopped at a greasy spoon diner, where we discovered another friend had posted a review on his facebook page similar to the scathing review posted in Main. He felt he got cheated out of his money, that the 3 Van Halens were great, but Roth was lame. I think he was somehow expecting the Second Coming Of a Christ who could sing like Halford, or something, lol. Some people just don't get it. Uncle Dave is what now...60? And he is fronting Van Halen? And Ed and Al are approaching 60......my friends and I got exactly what we expected...a KICKASS performance by The Mighty Van Fucking Halen! One thing we discussed also was the fact that we feel SO FORTUNATE to have been able to see them again. For all we know, it could be their last tour. Hope not, but we have no complaints at all. ZERO complaints.

Van Halen delivered.

And I am thankful they came here, and that I got to see them.

Thus endeth the review.

Private Parts? Hope you made it home ok, and hope you had a great time. ;)