PDA

View Full Version : Official 4/14 Tampa Meetup/Review Thread

Va Beach VH Fan
01-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Welcome to the Official 4/14 Tampa Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!

redblkwht
01-05-2012, 11:00 PM
My Backyard..I have a hookup thru Tampa Bay Times, may get suite Tix! EUAS members Holla..

relliot
01-06-2012, 07:06 AM
This one is a sure bet for me too!

neuralfraud
01-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Word! :D

Tailgate party anyone?

VAiN
01-06-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm hitting this one as well... What's up with a suit, redblkwht? I'm totally in on that if you can pull it off! I need a cheap hotel near the venue - any suggestions?

Bowanna
01-06-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm hitting this one as well... What's up with a suit, redblkwht? I'm totally in on that if you can pull it off! I need a cheap hotel near the venue - any suggestions?

Try Ybor City hotels... I believe there is a Best Western there off 7th ave. It's new and looks cozy. You can walk to the Forum in 30 minutes but the Trollie runs right to it.

I'll be attending... Went to the 04 Money Grab show... Didn't go to the 08 show cause I wasn't convinced it wasn't going to be another MG Tour... said if they put a record out and tour I'd go.

Voila

redblkwht
01-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Ybor hotels is a good bet, close by or by the airport too..unless you want to spend a few days by the beach, clearwater is a good call or reddington/st pete.

Sportatorium
01-07-2012, 09:45 PM

Vain i tried meeting up with you last tour ... ill be up front as usual its a lot bigger than Janus Landing .. ROTH RULES !!!!

Terry
01-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Am gonna try and make this one as well. Went to the 2008 show...keep me in the loop far as a hookup goes; can't think of any people I'd rather hang with and hoist a few before the show than some fellow army members...unless it's some high-class whores with big breasts (none of you folks fit both categories by any chance?)

neuralfraud
01-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Definitely interested in the suite if the offer so happens to be extended to my unworthy newbie lame assed self :D

I plan to get VIP tix this time around... didn't even get the t-shirt last round and gotta make up for it

vanhalenuk
01-08-2012, 10:07 AM
This is one of my potential options if they dont announce any UK shows - my sister lives in Fort Myers, i called her the other day and mentioned VH. "What those guys who did Jump - you must be joking" was her reaction! Oh well.

neuralfraud
01-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Your sister sounds like a bitch. By the sound of that reaction it seems like you're just the family disappointment, man. Congrats! Might as well journey abroad and rub it in.

Terry
01-16-2012, 08:46 PM
From the van halen website, Tampa is now scheduled to be played on 4/14, and Orlando is to be played on 4/12.

neuralfraud
01-16-2012, 08:49 PM
My wife just came in and informed me at exactly the same time you posted this. Interesting.

Anyhow that makes things a bit better for me, babysitting and all that nonsense. Now I just need to know WHEN THE FUCK TICKETS GO ON SALE!

redblkwht
01-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Amen bro..WTF

redblkwht
01-16-2012, 09:07 PM
BTW my hook up just got a severance from the Trib, laid off Jan 1st bummer..

you guys wanna meet up for a beer before? hollar back-

RBW

Terry
01-16-2012, 09:09 PM
My wife just came in and informed me at exactly the same time you posted this. Interesting.

Anyhow that makes things a bit better for me, babysitting and all that nonsense. Now I just need to know WHEN THE FUCK TICKETS GO ON SALE!

Yeah, Saturday works better than Thursday, that's for sure.

Checked the Tampa Bay Times Forum website a few minutes ago, and the date hasn't been confirmed in terms of being scheduled as an upcoming event yet, so just gotta keep checking every day.

Cowhead (102.5FM) had one of the LiveNation reps in his studio for his afternoon radio show on Friday the 13th (last week). He wanted to give away a pair of tickets for the 12th in Tampa, but the LiveNation rep told Cowhead he shouldn't quite go so far as to offer someone the chance of winning tickets for that date just yet. Am assuming this was in reference to the chance that the date would be changed, which it apparently has been. Cowhead also asked the LiveNation rep when Tampa tix would go on sale, and the rep said an announcement should be coming as soon as this week.

Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando and Tampa are the first three dates of the second leg, and as of right now there are no announcements on either the Tampa Bay Times Forum or Ticketmaster websites about ANY tix for these dates yet, even in terms of AmEx presales or VIP packages. Am sure various online ticketbrokers/scalpers would be willing to "sell" some tix for these dates, but I ain't goin' that route.

Wouldn't be a shock to see tix go onsale as soon as this Saturday.

VAiN
01-16-2012, 11:07 PM
From the van halen website, Tampa is now scheduled to be played on 4/14, and Orlando is to be played on 4/12.

That's cool... leave my house, hit Orlando then turn left to Tampa.. Not too excited about Tampa to Jacksonville, but what the hell can ya do?

If anyone is interested in splitting a room for Orlando, Tampa or Jacksonville let me know.. I'll be looking to do these on a budget, as I'll be hitting all 4 Florida shows.

neuralfraud
01-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Damn! perhaps i should listen to cowhead more often.. his voice drives me nuts though.. perhaps he needs nasal surgery cuz something is not right up there.

neuralfraud
01-17-2012, 08:06 PM
hot shit. I just randomly checked some venue for tickets just to see if it was the same old shit as last time 'round.. at least in IL you get to pick your own seats now.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04004823A36E3BE9?artistid=772490&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Just click a section tells you how many tickets are available/what price. Sure hope tampa will let me do that.. i fucking hate playing ticket roulette with their stupid website.

JJtheVagPounder
01-18-2012, 12:03 AM
I have friends in that area that said I could stay there if I go to this show. I just hope I'm healed up from selling my kidney on the black market.

Terry
01-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Tickets for Tampa go onsale Feb 6 for AmEx Pre Sale and VIP, then on the 11th for general box office

Bowanna
01-26-2012, 11:23 PM
I'll be buying my tix through the Amex pre-sale. I'll also be attending a wedding the same day as the show. thought it would be cool to meet at Four Green Fields for a brew or 3 before the show but probably won't happen. Anybody that is trying to meet before the show might want to consider FGF as a meeting ground. You can park in their big lot, have some drinks and dinner and walk to the Forum leaving your car there. I'd be up for meeting after the show there for anybody who wants to.

VAiN
01-26-2012, 11:47 PM
I'll be buying my tix through the Amex pre-sale. I'll also be attending a wedding the same day as the show. thought it would be cool to meet at Four Green Fields for a brew or 3 before the show but probably won't happen. Anybody that is trying to meet before the show might want to consider FGF as a meeting ground. You can park in their big lot, have some drinks and dinner and walk to the Forum leaving your car there. I'd be up for meeting after the show there for anybody who wants to.

What hotel is the closest to FGF? I'm there...

VAiN
01-26-2012, 11:48 PM
I have friends in that area that said I could stay there if I go to this show. I just hope I'm healed up from selling my kidney on the black market.

I could use a spare kidney, I'm willing to spend upwards of 10 American dollars.

JJtheVagPounder
01-27-2012, 12:08 AM

Bowanna
01-27-2012, 12:22 PM
What hotel is the closest to FGF? I'm there...

There's one right next door to the Forum... might be pricey but they have a free Happy Hour for guests including top shelf... Forgot about that.

neuralfraud
02-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Livenation presale today: TATTOO (wow, who'd have guessed that password?!)

I've been waiting for a week for a buddy of mine to get back with me regarding this show.. i might have to buy my tickets without him! damn bastard!

neuralfraud
02-11-2012, 10:18 AM
welp, GOT MY TICKETS!

Ended up just calling TM this morning because I couldn't find ANYTHING good during the presale.. bullshit right?

Floor section 1 R14 S10-7. That's gonna be quite the view!

:) fuckin stoked!

So this is love
02-11-2012, 01:25 PM

Is FGF close to Andreychuk's?

redblkwht
02-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Awrighty-then! Got my Pair of tix today & bought an extra set for standby
for any takers that want to come down to SUNNY FLORIDA for a show ;)

I will sell them at face value sec 230 row 4 EVH side.. Hollar if your interested!

Sunday I'm taking off to catch up sleep/partying maybe beach time and drink a few more
in the sun. BTW this view is great, saw U2 at this secion heres a link-
Its a hockey venue so your ALOT closer than this looks.

http://www.gotickets.com/seating_charts/end_stage/st_pete_times_forum.php

RBW

Bowanna
02-12-2012, 07:10 PM
RBW... check your In Box

Bowanna
02-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Is FGF close to Andreychuk's?

Andreychuk's is closed and I think the place has not re-opened but Four Green Fields is on the same road across the river 1/4 mile west... easy walk.

redblkwht
02-13-2012, 09:19 AM
RBW... check your In Box

Replied back,
Ty-

redblkwht
03-09-2012, 10:42 AM
BUMP Thread!

Bowanna
03-30-2012, 08:52 PM
My wife surprised me with VH tickets last night... Suite seats no less. I was getting used to the idea that I might not be going. I still have a wedding to go to that day but I'm gearing up for one hell of an evening.

Terry
04-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Ten more days to go!

ODShowtime
04-11-2012, 10:13 PM
holy shit guys... check ticketmaster...

Look what I just got:

You purchased 2 tickets to:
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
Van Halen
Tampa Bay Times Forum, Tampa, FL
Sat, Apr 14, 2012 07:30 PM

Details: Van Halen, Kool & the Gang

Order for: odshowtime
Seat location: section FL1, row 11, seats 13-12
Total Charge: US $ 336.75

Am I reading that right? Did I just score 11th row off TM less than a week before the show? I think I did. There's more BTW...

ODShowtime
04-11-2012, 10:16 PM
man it's on like fuckin' Tron now.

Momshell
04-11-2012, 10:21 PM
holy shit guys... check ticketmaster...

Look what I just got:

You purchased 2 tickets to:
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
Van Halen
Tampa Bay Times Forum, Tampa, FL
Sat, Apr 14, 2012 07:30 PM

Details: Van Halen, Kool & the Gang

Order for: odshowtime
Seat location: section FL1, row 11, seats 13-12

Am I reading that right? Did I just score 11th row off TM less than a week before the show? I think I did. There's more BTW...

NICE! Congrats!

Bowanna
04-12-2012, 10:12 AM

That's why I wasn't originally going... but no worries now.

Congrats on the floor score.

VAiN
04-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Anyone have 1 extra ticket? I'm going solo and I plan on scalping one in the parking lot...

neuralfraud
04-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Nice score man! I'll be 3 rows behind ;)

ODShowtime
04-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Nice score man! I'll be 3 rows behind ;)

Yeah I saw that. I'll be the guy who's ALL FUCKED UP! haha yeah Van Halen!

Zing!
04-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Have fun Tampa! Roth on!

:killer:

VAiN
04-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Rental car is locked in and the room is booked - next stop Tampa!!

VAiN
04-14-2012, 11:17 AM
I'll be watching this thread for the pre-show location.. let's do this!

neuralfraud
04-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Any takers for 2 tickets row 14 seats 7+8 ??

my buddy is sick as a f'n dog today so he nor his wife will be going tonight :(

face value. pm me

VAiN
04-14-2012, 01:29 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4eaf2-b3e5-6d32.jpg
This is what crossing Florida looks like.. ZZZzzz...

ODShowtime
04-14-2012, 03:10 PM
the tickets are at will call, the bourbon is in the bag, the special butter is on the stove... the party will begin soon...

ODShowtime
04-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I almost got those little pocket shots to smuggle in but I have a golf tourney tomorrow...

DR CHIP
04-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Section 129 row A. Dr Chip representing.

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Heading out now with family in tow.

TJMKID
04-14-2012, 05:36 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4eaf2-b3e5-6d32.jpg
This is what crossing Florida looks like.. ZZZzzz...

Looks a lot like crossing Ohio or Indiana ---- except replace the swampy brush with corn or hay fields

rocking ron
04-14-2012, 05:44 PM
TOBACCO ROAD??????????????:lie:

VAiN
04-14-2012, 05:45 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4eaf2-efda-135c.jpg
I have arrived and I can see the arena from my room! Time to go hunt down a ticket!

TJMKID
04-14-2012, 05:58 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4eaf2-efda-135c.jpg
I have arrived and I can see the arena from my room! Time to go hunt down a ticket!

I never fully understood the multi-color striped buildings down there ---- must be a "Florida thing"

Have fun at the show ---- maybe Dave will launch a blower rant for the ages ---- might he pull an Axl Rose dick move and storm off the stage ?!?

VAiN
04-14-2012, 05:59 PM
It's very much a south Florida thing.. It's nice, adds color. I'm hoping for no blower rant, but if there is one, I want it to be epic.

SNIPER
04-14-2012, 06:11 PM
If there is a blower rant tonight I at least want to hear about how he threw her out of his hotel room this morning, I say. ahh. :winkglasses:

TJMKID
04-14-2012, 06:13 PM
It's very much a south Florida thing.. It's nice, adds color. I'm hoping for no blower rant, but if there is one, I want it to be epic.

Strangely enough --- I agree with you.

Rock 'n roll needs to be unpredictable and dangerous again. Instead of Dave being too PC and apologizing to the audience ---- he needs to dive deep into Axl Rose Douche Mode and storm off the stage for an hour.

After the crowd gets a few more beers in them and nicely agitated ---- come back and finish with a vengeance around 1am. That should knock some arterial plaque loose!

:flame:

So this is love
04-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Strangely enough --- I agree with you.

Rock 'n roll needs to be unpredictable and dangerous again. Instead of Dave being too PC and apologizing to the audience ---- he needs to dive deep into Axl Rose Douche Mode and storm off the stage for an hour.

After the crowd gets a few more beers in them and nicely agitated ---- come back and finish with a vengeance around 1am. That should knock some arterial plaque loose!

Please try not to associate Dave with Axl...it kills your post...

TJMKID
04-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Please try not to associate Dave with Axl...it kills your post...

Fair enough! Just saddens me a little bit that we all turned into our fathers and mothers ---- cranky old sums-a-bitches, werent they?

Let a VH show in 2012 take us back to our nefarious youth --- pretend it's a summer night and the only thing on our minds is smashing a beer bottle over some asshole's head and fucking a slutty chick by the dashboard light. I'm seeing too many comments in here like --- "I hope they finish the show by 11 because I need to give the kids cookies and milk and tuck them into bed!".

What the hell happened to us ??

:boom:

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Section 129 row A. Dr Chip representing.

We're 130 row U

VAiN
04-14-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm in! Floor 3, row 11, seat 7!

VAiN
04-14-2012, 06:53 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4eaf2-ffd6-fd2b.jpg

Angel
04-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Fair enough! Just saddens me a little bit that we all turned into our fathers and mothers ---- cranky old sums-a-bitches, werent they?

Let a VH show in 2012 take us back to our nefarious youth --- pretend it's a summer night and the only thing on our minds is smashing a beer bottle over some asshole's head and fucking a slutty chick by the dashboard light. I'm seeing too many comments in here like --- "I hope they finish the show by 11 because I need to give the kids cookies and milk and tuck them into bed!".

We got old. What I find funny is that whenever I look at pictures that are posted from pre-show meetups, I always think "wow, so and so's that old"?

Oh well, inside every old person is a young person screaming what the hell happened?

So this is love
04-14-2012, 06:59 PM
We got old. What I find funny is that whenever I look at pictures that are posted from pre-show meetups, I always think "wow, so and so's that old"?

Oh well, inside every old person is a young person screaming what the hell happened?

Fuck yeah!!!! same here I always tell myself these folks are old but they're my age...an old man once told me the body gets old but the brain is always young...

So this is love
04-14-2012, 07:01 PM

...and you are 36 wait til you are 45 like most of us...it doesn't get any better...

mdk1967
04-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Fuck yeah!!!! same here I always tell myself these folks are old but they're my age...an old man once told me the body gets old but the brain is always young...

THAT'S scary yet sad but true. :( However getting older is much better than the alternative.

So this is love
04-14-2012, 07:04 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4eaf2-ffd6-fd2b.jpg

Fuck you VAIN you are at a second show in a row ...are you still wearing that t-shirt...I was in TB in 2008 for the VH show enjoy...not the best arena for concert though.

VAiN
04-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Fuck you VAIN you are at a second show in a row ...are you still wearing that t-shirt...I was in TB in 2008 for the VH show enjoy...not the best arena for concert though.

That's 3rd in a row, thank you very much! (Lauderdale, Orlando & Tampa) I'm debuting the yellow VH shirt this evening..
You'll hate me more on Monday when I do 4-in-a-row!

So this is love
04-14-2012, 07:17 PM
That's 3rd in a row, thank you very much! (Lauderdale, Orlando & Tampa) I'm debuting the yellow VH shirt this evening..
You'll hate me more on Monday when I do 4-in-a-row!

again FUCK YOU and what's the trick with the wife and kids give it to me you motherfucker...I'm just surviving a kids birthday here need to escape...anyways enjoy your luck fellows.

NIN1211
04-14-2012, 07:20 PM
...and you are 36 wait til you are 45 like most of us...it doesn't get any better...

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4903495956693293&id=a7f66331d8d7f2c120475fdb4e825f90

SNIPER
04-14-2012, 07:24 PM
I can't wait till they do some north west dates. I will then get my revenge on all you guys. BWAHAHAHAHA!!! :mad0216:

VAiN
04-14-2012, 07:24 PM
again FUCK YOU and what's the trick with the wife and kids give it to me you motherfucker...I'm just surviving a kids birthday here need to escape...anyways enjoy your luck fellows.

The trick is 37, single & no kids. It's all about me. Bam.

NIN1211
04-14-2012, 07:26 PM
We just need to surround ourselves with younger people, and we too will kick ass, just like the gentlemen above.

So this is love
04-14-2012, 07:28 PM
I can't wait till they do some north west dates. I will then get my revenge on all you guys. BWAHAHAHAHA!!! :mad0216:

...and I can't wait to get your reviews SNIPER...you're our NW rep

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Kool and the Gang is on

SNIPER
04-14-2012, 07:31 PM
...and I can't wait to get your reviews SNIPER...you're our NW rep

I like the ring of that. :cool:

So this is love
04-14-2012, 07:34 PM
The trick is 37, single & no kids. It's all about me. Bam.

Too late for me I'm screwed...anyways...enjoy the show dude....we want updates too...lol

neuralfraud
04-14-2012, 07:38 PM
I don't get the hate for katg some people have.. these guys can jam! Sounds good!

vandeleur
04-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Lots of em :-)

So this is love
04-14-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't get the hate for katg some people have.. these guys can jam! Sounds good!

I loved KATG.....at my show

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm diggin' it, but my kids could care less

TJMKID
04-14-2012, 07:50 PM

Actually I turned 40 this year --- forgot to update my profile. :lie:

I know we're all older and fatter than our crazy teens but that doesn't mean our minds need to follow our bodies into middle age oblivion. I went to the Pittsburgh show on a Friday night and saw way too many people sitting down the entire time and leaving 3 songs early just to beat traffic. I wanted to slap these morons in the face. This is not what the CVH attitude is all about !! Go see a ChickenPussy show if you wanna be proud of being a tired old fuck.

Let's show the younger generation we still got the fire in the belly. Wake up after a VH show with a hangover and your ears buzzing and let it put a smile on your face. I wanna see MILFs throwing bras and panties onstage. And for piss sake --- can someone in the band please drink something onstage that has some alcohol in it?

vandeleur
04-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Fuvking kickin post

So this is love
04-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Actually I turned 40 this year --- forgot to update my profile. :lie:

I know we're all older and fatter than our crazy teens but that doesn't mean our minds need to follow our bodies into middle age oblivion. I went to the Pittsburgh show on a Friday night and saw way too many people sitting down the entire time and leaving 3 songs early just to beat traffic. I wanted to slap these morons in the face. This is not what the CVH attitude is all about !! Go see a ChickenPussy show if you wanna be proud of being a tired old fuck.

Let's show the younger generation we still got the fire in the belly. Wake up after a VH show with a hangover and your ears buzzing and let it put a smile on your face. I wanna see MILFs throwing bras and panties onstage. And for piss sake --- can someone in the band please drink something onstage that has some alcohol in it?

I was at the Montreal show March 15 a memorable night alone with the wife and friends...I was the crazy guy dancing in the alley (my seat was intentionally next to the alley) and these security guys flashing me with their flashlight in the mid of Outta love again...me the idiot drunk ....I thought in my freakin' mind that maybe VH ask me the idiot dancing... to come on stage ...so I go down to see these security guys and they simply told me to clear the alley...sometimes life sucks

VAiN
04-14-2012, 08:12 PM
KATG sounds pretty good as I do laps.. The crowd seems to be into it as well. Odd choice for an opener, but a good one. Well played, Dave.

VAiN
04-14-2012, 08:14 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4e92b-12b2-7c65.jpg
Moments before angry security person tells me to move along..

ALMOSTsaved
04-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Yikes is the arena really small or is it turned to theater configuration?

So this is love
04-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Yikes is the arena really small or is it turned to theater configuration?

I will let Vain answer this but theater maybe the answer to this arena but in 08 the stage was further back.....its not steep enough

ALMOSTsaved
04-14-2012, 08:40 PM
This probably answers my question...

The calm before the storm.... #vanhalen twitter.com/solo1138/statu…— solo1138 (@solo1138) April 15, 2012

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Lights out!

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Well, lights down anyway

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm so fuckin' pumped

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Unchained

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Van Fucking Halen!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALMOSTsaved
04-14-2012, 09:05 PM
I think some folks forgot about the eastern time zone thing today.

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Rwtd
She's the woman

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Romeo

ALMOSTsaved
04-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Seeing #VanHalen for first time in 30 years with Diamond Dave at Tampa Bay Times Forum #ahhhhyahhhooooyeahhhhhhhhh!!!!! lockerz.com/s/201381519— Ryan Price (@jryanprice) April 15, 2012

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Tatoo

ALMOSTsaved
04-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Dickhead #1 already present:

New #Vanhalen is worse at 110db than on the radio, ugh... Play Panama dammit!— Chris Joy (@thetweetsofjoy) April 15, 2012

ALMOSTsaved
04-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Doing great evil_lil. Thanks!

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Ews
sgmd!!!

So this is love
04-14-2012, 09:28 PM
VH is on and no Momshell??? what's going on?

tx litlle evil for carrying the torch...keep up the good work

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Chinatown

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:33 PM
HAIL - Fuck Yeah!!!!!

Momshell
04-14-2012, 09:35 PM
VH is on and no Momshell??? what's going on?

tx litlle evil for carrying the torch...keep up the good work

just got here - damn little league opening day messed up my vh schedule! looks like no surprises so far...
and thanks evil lil!

So this is love
04-14-2012, 09:37 PM
HAIL - Fuck Yeah!!!!!

Back to you dude

Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is love
04-14-2012, 09:40 PM
just got here - damn little league opening day messed up my vh schedule! looks like no surprises so far...
and thanks evil lil!

Kids??? my daughters birthday today...I'm exausted and finally relaxing watching the play by play...

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Pretty Woman
Alex solo

So this is love
04-14-2012, 09:43 PM

Personaly, I have not seen anyone disliking Kool & the gang ??? who could hate them?

Momshell
04-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Kids??? my daughters birthday today...I'm exausted and finally relaxing watching the play by play...

I know - it's hard enough being a working mom with 3 kids, now I gotta fit these shows into my schedule too! Or I should say arrange my schedule around these shows! :)
BTW - happy birthday to your daughter!

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:44 PM
You Really Got Me

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:45 PM
My 3 boys are with me

So this is love
04-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Pretty Woman
Alex solo

already?...my glass is full

Momshell
04-14-2012, 09:47 PM
My 3 boys are with me

very cool!! Hope to be doing the same in a couple of years!

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Trouble with Never

So this is love
04-14-2012, 09:54 PM
I know - it's hard enough being a working mom with 3 kids, now I gotta fit these shows into my schedule too! Or I should say arrange my schedule around these shows! :)
BTW - happy birthday to your daughter!

Yeah but we are lucky our favorite CALI band decided they were bored enough to reunite and ROCK ON!!! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU PEOPLE BUT i FEEL LUCKY AND PREVILEGE TO HAVE SEEN MY FAVORITE BAND ONE MORE TIME....YEAH I'M THE IDIOT DANCING IN THE ALLEY DURING THE SHOW...CAN YOU TOP THIS ZING!???? LOLsorry mom for the high caps it was not addressed to you...I was just too lazy to retype....
PS. ZING! is the only one who acknowledge acting like an idiot like me at a VH show..so there you go

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Dance the night away

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 09:57 PM
I'll Wait

Momshell
04-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah but we are lucky our favorite CALI band decided they were bored enough to reunite and ROCK ON!!! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU PEOPLE BUT i FEEL LUCKY AND PREVILEGE TO HAVE SEEN MY FAVORITE BAND ONE MORE TIME....YEAH I'M THE IDIOT DANCING IN THE ALLEY DURING THE SHOW...CAN YOU TOP THIS ZING!???? LOL

Abso-fuckin-lutely!! No complaints here! I'm the idiot crying when the show's over! That's why I had to go to 4....still hoping for a 2nd leg!

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Hot For Teacher

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Women in love

So this is love
04-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Abso-fuckin-lutely!! No complaints here! I'm the idiot crying when the show's over! That's why I had to go to 4....still hoping for a 2nd leg!

Is this your Vain impersonation???? the motfcker is in tonight and he will be at the Jacksonville show next........but he has no kids......go back a few pages and read on...I had only one shot but enjoyed every minute of it

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Outta Love Again

Fairwrning
04-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Outta Love Again

Glad to see that one still being played

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Beautiful Girls

Momshell
04-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Is this your Vain impersonation???? the motfcker is in tonight and he will be at the Jacksonville show next........but he has no kids......go back a few pages and read on...I had only one shot but enjoyed every minute of it

huh???

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Dog story

Zing!
04-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Yeah but we are lucky our favorite CALI band decided they were bored enough to reunite and ROCK ON!!! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU PEOPLE BUT i FEEL LUCKY AND PREVILEGE TO HAVE SEEN MY FAVORITE BAND ONE MORE TIME....YEAH I'M THE IDIOT DANCING IN THE ALLEY DURING THE SHOW...CAN YOU TOP THIS ZING!???? LOLsorry mom for the high caps it was not addressed to you...I was just too lazy to retype....
PS. ZING! is the only one who acknowledge acting like an idiot like me at a VH show..so there you go

Damn straight. I'm considering taking a vid of myself acting like a fucking punk at the 5/19 show instead of the band. Roth on, SoThisIsLove... you got the right VH attitude my friend!

Momshell
04-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Yea, we're this close #nofilter #vanhalen instagr.am/p/JbG0C-neDQ/— Shelly Diane (@oldsoulnewsoul) April 15, 2012

So this is love
04-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Damn straight. I'm considering taking a vid of myself acting like a fucking punk at the 5/19 show instead of the band. Roth on, SoThisIsLove... you got the right VH attitude my friend!

Go read my previous post dude I was such an idiot I was so totally in it I thought VH was asking me to go on stage with them but no it was security flashhing me to clear the alley..yeah my wife and friends are still laughing at me but at least they had a good time....cheers dude! enjoy life is short!

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Ice cream man
Panama
Ed solo
ATBL

So this is love
04-14-2012, 10:41 PM

I can't wait for your post as well as sniper...yeah and if your asking what is this new avatar well this women is ....awsome new tsn anchor..I think shes part time....If I own the network she's full time

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 10:47 PM

Jump

Momshell
04-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks again for all the updates evil lil! So nice to have someone inside keeping us posted at home. Hope you and the kids had a blast!!

evil_lil
04-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Had a blast. My girlfriend said the best part was watching me act like a 12 year old girl

78/84 guy
04-14-2012, 11:32 PM
The shows are getting to be a little predictable for me after all the suprises early on !! I'll still take it though. They are playing great.

sob33316
04-15-2012, 12:04 AM

3rd show in a row...he was at tuesday also! Rock on Vain! If was single i would be touring the state with you baby!!!

redblkwht
04-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Outta Love was my fave tonight, Pretty woman & Hear about it later was fantastic.
They were really on it tonight-
WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than 2007-8. A Must see!

sob33316
04-15-2012, 12:09 AM
and thanks evil lil!

Momshell,

thought of you when i saw the new video for She's the Woman. Dave shows pistol on his ass off. I thought Momshell would be in heaven! If you haven't seen it yet, go download!

relliot
04-15-2012, 12:20 AM
There was no forgetting the fucking words nor was there a blower rant. At the beginning of Women In Love, Dave says this (show) is a good one. But he didn't say much between songs until ICM. Great show! Maybe second only to Charlotte '81 for me. I thought Charlotte in '07 and the Valentines show in '84 were pretty awsome too, but tonight was just really clean and polished.

neuralfraud
04-15-2012, 12:22 AM
wow. Just got back. what a killer fuckin show!

There were a few fuckups mostly with the band losing sync with each other, but they recovered nicely. Dave sang AWESOMELY and the music was just fucking really tight. The vocals were all very tight. The backgrounds sounded great. what a show.

Buddy and I ended up trading tickets with some other guys and ended up in the middle floor section row 13-7...right next to fucking LURCH i swear; big mother fucker didnt move one time all night...shoulda made that fucker pay for two seats.

Oh and a funny thing happened; I met an old roth army member who had a particularly interesting story regarding Cato and FORD and trading and being banned..

Anyhow time to f'n sleep; will post pics tomorrow:)

peace

VAiN
04-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Something about my phone and an arena.. They just don't mix.
This was the best of the Florida shows so far. The band seemed very happy and very comfortable. Just loose and silly. Just the way you want it!
No real surprises.. HAIL and Outta Love were played, and really well at that.
Dave busted out the overalls tonight! That was unexpected. We also got the complete and proper ICM with intro. Dave was really in the zone and in great spirits tonight. No blower rant! I'm keeping hope alive for one on Monday.
For the ladies- Dave came out for the last 2 songs with the overalls and no shirt underneath. I must say, he's 20 years younger than I am and in waaaay better shape!
A very, very solid night. Dave's voice was right on and the band was tight as always. I got to sit 11 rows in front of Wolf tonight and have to give him props. He's the real deal and his bass sound is so thick but crisp. I can't wait for Monday!

redblkwht
04-15-2012, 12:36 AM
I was in section 101, some guy with the new Army JD label shirt walked by..I didn't have a chance to hollar at whomever it was, he was on a beer run during a good song. Ahh well.

Damn Good Times

Dan
04-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Bring On The YouTubes.:D

VAiN
04-15-2012, 01:19 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4e92b-59d6-389e.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4e92b-5a11-1015.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4e92b-5a2a-cd22.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4e92b-5a43-b8da.jpg

SNIPER
04-15-2012, 01:39 AM
I played a show tonight like Eddie on the 04 tour. It was just an awful time and I thought about it while I was playing. :sick0020:

SNIPER
04-15-2012, 01:42 AM
Anyhow the highlight of my night is hearing some VH updates.

SNIPER
04-15-2012, 01:47 AM
Something about my phone and an arena.. They just don't mix.
This was the best of the Florida shows so far. The band seemed very happy and very comfortable. Just loose and silly. Just the way you want it!
No real surprises.. HAIL and Outta Love were played, and really well at that.
Dave busted out the overalls tonight! That was unexpected. We also got the complete and proper ICM with intro. Dave was really in the zone and in great spirits tonight. No blower rant! I'm keeping hope alive for one on Monday.
For the ladies- Dave came out for the last 2 songs with the overalls and no shirt underneath. I must say, he's 20 years younger than I am and in waaaay better shape!
A very, very solid night. Dave's voice was right on and the band was tight as always. I got to sit 11 rows in front of Wolf tonight and have to give him props. He's the real deal and his bass sound is so thick but crisp. I can't wait for Monday!

Huh? Dave is 17? :biggrin: need a beer bro? hehe

Momshell
04-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Momshell,

thought of you when i saw the new video for She's the Woman. Dave shows pistol on his ass off. I thought Momshell would be in heaven! If you haven't seen it yet, go download!

Thanks! I already have it. Posted on the thread about the video that I missed it on the first watch, but then watched it again at the gym and saw it - almost fell off the stairmaster!! :)

Momshell
04-15-2012, 07:31 AM

Yay - Dave's showing chest!! Next step.....no shirt! :)
Might have to start looking at plane tickets if this continues!

Momshell
04-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Jump - overalls and no shirt! Hard to see though.

Momshell
04-15-2012, 07:40 AM
oops - forgot the video!
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5qhj9BQU4aE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5qhj9BQU4aE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Momshell
04-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Eddie solo + ATBL (no shirt :))
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWal0AFr49I?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWal0AFr49I?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Momshell
04-15-2012, 07:49 AM
better Jump
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4-19FdYcbc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4-19FdYcbc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Momshell
04-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Panama (with shirt!)
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Km7LzqmkiY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Km7LzqmkiY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Carmine
04-15-2012, 07:54 AM

There's the post I've known was coming! :thumb:

It's so hard not to go to more shows when they're still on tour...regardless of how many shows you've seen thus far...

This is how you end up on a plane...

or have plans to drive from Northern NY State to frikkin Greensboro, NC on Friday :doh:

damn band...

Momshell
04-15-2012, 07:59 AM
Romeo - AWESOME QUALITY!
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lhfxfejOobE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lhfxfejOobE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Momshell
04-15-2012, 08:01 AM
SGMAD
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lBLDcd96do?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lBLDcd96do?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Momshell
04-15-2012, 08:02 AM
HAIL
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ms7_I2qBhG8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ms7_I2qBhG8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Momshell
04-15-2012, 08:09 AM
There's the post I've known was coming! :thumb:

It's so hard not to go to more shows when they're still on tour...regardless of how many shows you've seen thus far...

This is how you end up on a plane...

or have plans to drive from Northern NY State to frikkin Greensboro, NC on Friday :doh:

damn band...

Unfortunately I'm kidding! But good for you - I wish my family would let me do that!

Carmine
04-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Unfortunately I'm kidding! But good for you - I wish my family would let me do that!

Well, I did have to pay off my mother to watch my kids and my dog...again...lol....

Momshell
04-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Well, I did have to pay off my mother to watch my kids and my dog...again...lol....

Does she wanna take 3 more kids?!
:biggrin:

Zing!
04-15-2012, 09:09 AM
better Jump

I could take it or leave it with Jump in the set - but that is definitely one of Dave's best vocal performances of that song on this tour. He sang the first couple of verses a little high, but then he seemed to realize what he was doing and reigned it in. Seemed like he was having a blast at this show!

Va Beach VH Fan
04-15-2012, 09:10 AM
http://www.tampabay.com/news/daves-schtick-eddies-brilliance-endure-as-van-halen-cranks-it-up-at-the/1225206

Dave's schtick, Eddie's brilliance endure as Van Halen cranks it up at the Tampa Bay Times Forum

By Sean Daly, Times Pop Music Critic
In Print: Sunday, April 15, 2012

TAMPA — For great swaths of 42-year-old white dudes, there is no greater on-again bromance than that of Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth. So when VH's lead guitarist and lead con man grinned at each other during opener Unchained at the Tampa Bay Times Forum Saturday, 11,903 fans collectively swooned as if the rockers were cuddling on the bow of the Titanic.

Ah, dumb raucous metallic love. Ain't it grand? If this lineup of Van Halen isn't exactly the way the gods intended (Ed's kid Wolfie gamely took over Michael Anthony's bass lines and high harmonies), the quartet proved good enough, and original enough, for two hours of testosterrific pop-rock fireballs.

"How we doing so far?" Roth smirked five minutes in. The crowd roared, and lifted beers, and the mood wouldn't change. You got what you came for: that feel-good link to a time three decades ago when your jeans fit better and concert tees had two less Xs in front of the L.

• • •

After a 50-minute set by unlikely, but admittedly funktastic, openers Kool & the Gang (if your hips didn't hurt after Jungle Boogie, you were doing it wrong), VH casually, if loudly, sauntered onstage, vaguely creepy drummer Alex Van Halen starting things off behind the glowing skins like the Gordon Gekko of time-keeping.

Dressed like a Wild West hairdresser, Diamond Dave slid over dance-recital planks like a shoobie-doobie vaudeville clown. His annoyance level varied, but his vocals weren't as shoddy as feared. (Nice work on I'll Wait, DLR.) He'd exaggerate words rather than bother with high notes now and then, more carnival barker than carnal ringmaster.

But his new patter during Hot for Teacher — "I'm Mr. Roth, I'll be your substitute teacher"; "For our Spanish-speaking students, Panama is down the hall to the left and four songs from now" — was classic Dave. And he gave an altogether earnest talk about, of all things, his farm and his dogs before Ice Cream Man. Have we ever seen the real Roth before? Very cool, very unexpected.

Throughout, the noise was satisfying, and an IMAX-ian video screen helped sell the drama. Plus the boys didn't just come to cash a fat paycheck, although they certainly will. Runnin' With the Devil and Everybody Wants Some!! were given thorough workouts, and the new stuff from album A Different Kind of Truth sounded robust in a live setting, especially She's the Woman, a reworked tune from the old days. Some deeper album cuts — Hear About It Later is my fave VH tune — were dusted off, too.

• • •

Perhaps Eddie, reportedly much healthier than in years past, is so happy now because, in Roth's slow decline, he's become the absolute focal point of the group. His revolutionary tapping style has made him a hero to guitar wonks the world over, but the nerds have a point: At 57, he remains rock's ultimate virtuoso, merging blues and classical riffs and often sounding like 10 men.

I'd never complain about this job, but when you review Van Halen on deadline, it usually means you're cranking out wordplay when Roth & Co. clear the stage and let Eddie uncork his epic end-of-night solo. But this time, I stepped away from my computer in the press box, and just gawked at the speed, the tonal elegance. Darn the consequences: When greatness erupts, you need to stop and watch.

Carloscda
04-15-2012, 09:43 AM
I could take it or leave it with Jump in the set - but that is definitely one of Dave's best vocal performances of that song on this tour. He sang the first couple of verses a little high, but then he seemed to realize what he was doing and reigned it in. Seemed like he was having a blast at this show!

It would be cool if the were to move Jump where YRGM is at, put YRGM in the place of ATBL and make ATBL the ending song.

katina
04-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Yay - Dave's showing chest!! Next step.....no shirt! :)

Please....no shirt!!!! :cheer:

The plane ticket will be a little more expensive for me.....worthwhile

VAiN
04-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Huh? Dave is 17? :biggrin: need a beer bro? hehe

Ha! Once again, reading comprehension owns me!

Bowanna
04-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Women in love

I'm a big fan of this song... mostly because of lyrical content and harmonies. I must say the harmonies were pretty freaking good.

Bowanna
04-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Outta Love Again

This was a big surprise of the night for me... Even bigger was the yellow and black striped Fender Strat he used for this song.

TJMKID
04-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Please....no shirt!!!! :cheer:

The plane ticket will be a little more expensive for me.....worthwhile

Warmer weather is coming ---- so maybe Dave will eventually come out onstage in just a neon orange Speedo ??

MILFs will go totally bat-shit crazy !!!

:clap:

neuralfraud
04-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Finally got the vid/pics from my budddies phone. unchained + eruption coming soon :)

TJMKID
04-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Dressed like a Wild West hairdresser, Diamond Dave slid over dance-recital planks like a shoobie-doobie vaudeville clown. His annoyance level varied, but his vocals weren't as shoddy as feared. (Nice work on I'll Wait, DLR.) He'd exaggerate words rather than bother with high notes now and then, more carnival barker than carnal ringmaster.

Is there really any dumber of a profession than "music reviewer guy" ??? Put down the thesaurus, you cumstain!

This ass clown needs to take a step up in his career and start flippin' burgers for a living.

So this is love
04-15-2012, 01:08 PM
HAIL
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ms7_I2qBhG8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ms7_I2qBhG8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Just noticed VH World Tour on the screen, I haven't seen that before??? Does it mean something?

rocking ron
04-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Just noticed VH World Tour on the screen, I haven't seen that before??? Does it mean something?

Would be great....................I'll cross my fingers...........!!

vandeleur
04-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Fingers xd

DavidLeeNatra
04-15-2012, 01:46 PM

it means you need glasses...they had it from the first show... ;)

vandeleur
04-15-2012, 01:47 PM
:lmao:

neuralfraud
04-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Here you go! Unchained!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwO_g-ud9YA

So this is love
04-15-2012, 02:16 PM
it means you need glasses...they had it from the first show... ;)

ooops!!:ashamed:

DavidLeeNatra
04-15-2012, 02:18 PM
ooops!!:ashamed:

:welcome:

VAiN
04-15-2012, 03:12 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4e977-1cf1-f0df.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4e977-1d1b-bbca.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4e977-1d3b-5bbd.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4e977-1d7d-9e26.jpg

DavidLeeNatra
04-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Dave's getting back in shape again!

SNIPER
04-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Dave's getting back in shape again!

Was he not in shape already ?

Terry
04-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Well, the 2012 Tampa show has come and gone.

Overall, a much better experience than the 2008 show, and the difference between the shows can be summed up in three words:

Eddie Van Halen.

The four new songs played at the Tampa date were Tattoo, She's The Woman, Chinatown and The Trouble With Never. The deep classic cuts were Hear About It Later, Women In Love, Outta Love Again and Somebody Get Me A Doctor. The rest of the tunes were the same standards/CVH greatest hits played at every other date on the tour so far.

Kool and the Gang sounded like an odd choice for an opener, but I must admit they did a fine job (turns out I knew quite a few more K & the G songs than I realized). I couldn't tell you the name of a single member of the band back in the day and how many original members were playing last night. Nevertheless, the Kool Entity had a substantial portion of the crowd on their feet.

Much like the last time around, Alex Van Halen did an excellent job.

As for the rest of the group, there were differences between these past two tours...for the most part, the differences were for the better.

Wolfgang's bass was actually audible at this show (the St. Pete Times Forum, located in Tampa - don't ask - has definitely been a mixed bag for me in terms of gigs and sound quality. Thankfully, the VH show this time around sounded good). The kid has become more than a novelty and is getting the job done, both on bass and backing vocals. In point of fact, the Van Halens onstage now were positively fucking COOKING last night. They turned in a well-rehearsed display of high energy rock...to the point where during Hot For Teacher I caught myself mumbling aloud...something along the lines of "holy FUCK this sounds as good as it ever did"...

Eddie Van Halen has got his mojo working for him again. His performance last night was pretty much everything his performance last time around wasn't. The guy was just nailing it all night long. Gone were the drunken wanking noodlings during the tunes that made 2008 a mildly unpleasurable experience to listen to. His coordination, timing and precision were on-fucking-point.

As for Dave...well...it was a different kind of truth. Fact remains that he is still the only frontman for Van Halen that ever mattered. Yes, he isn't as physically capable onstage as he once was. And I really don't have a problem with that. He's still as enthusiastic as he ever was. There were more than a few asides inbetween tunes that either fell flat or didn't make much in the way of humor or sense. Not such a big deal. Roth seemed content to slide around on his center-stage dance floor and say "wooo!" a lot...that's fine (although Uncle Dave DID visibly lose his footing once while sliding around to the point where he stumbled). One trait of his that kinda got a little annoying was a frequent tendency to use his mid-range yell (think of the voice used to bark out the verses in Outta Space) and shout out lyrics, doing so in tunes that really didn't benefit from this approach. Like, Pretty Woman isn't a tune that really requires this...and was far from the only one where this vocal strategy was applied. The real shame being when Roth simply SANG the tunes (Women In Love springs to mind), he sounded just fine. In addition, Roth slipped backward into a longtime trait of mush-mouthing lyrics, skipping verses, not singing choruses; things that seemed a part of the past when considering his highly disciplined, start-to-finish excellent performances of 2007/2008.

In short, great show. Small step forward for Wolf, leaps and fucking bounds for Eddie, a slight step backward for Dave (just needs to sing the tunes rather than yell them- not trying to be a dick, but it just sounded better when he did). Overall, a vast improvement over the previous tour, particularly in keeping the solo spots brief and focused.

Worth the money. Glad I went.

SNIPER
04-15-2012, 06:02 PM
This review kinda sums up the whole tour to me so far. Spot on from what I have seen so far and I am pretty sure I have seen every video from every show if it is on You Tube.

So this is love
04-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Well, the 2012 Tampa show has come and gone.

Overall, a much better experience than the 2008 show, and the difference between the shows can be summed up in three words:

Eddie Van Halen.

The four new songs played at the Tampa date were Tattoo, She's The Woman, Chinatown and The Trouble With Never. The deep classic cuts were Hear About It Later, Women In Love, Outta Love Again and Somebody Get Me A Doctor. The rest of the tunes were the same standards/CVH greatest hits played at every other date on the tour so far.

Kool and the Gang sounded like an odd choice for an opener, but I must admit they did a fine job (turns out I knew quite a few more K & the G songs than I realized). I couldn't tell you the name of a single member of the band back in the day and how many original members were playing last night. Nevertheless, the Kool Entity had a substantial portion of the crowd on their feet.

Much like the last time around, Alex Van Halen did an excellent job.

As for the rest of the group, there were differences between these past two tours...for the most part, the differences were for the better.

Wolfgang's bass was actually audible at this show (the St. Pete Times Forum, located in Tampa - don't ask - has definitely been a mixed bag for me in terms of gigs and sound quality. Thankfully, the VH show this time around sounded good). The kid has become more than a novelty and is getting the job done, both on bass and backing vocals. In point of fact, the Van Halens onstage now were positively fucking COOKING last night. They turned in a well-rehearsed display of high energy rock...to the point where during Hot For Teacher I caught myself mumbling aloud...something along the lines of "holy FUCK this sounds as good as it ever did"...

Eddie Van Halen has got his mojo working for him again. His performance last night was pretty much everything his performance last time around wasn't. The guy was just nailing it all night long. Gone were the drunken wanking noodlings during the tunes that made 2008 a mildly unpleasurable experience to listen to. His coordination, timing and precision were on-fucking-point.

As for Dave...well...it was a different kind of truth. Fact remains that he is still the only frontman for Van Halen that ever mattered. Yes, he isn't as physically capable onstage as he once was. And I really don't have a problem with that. He's still as enthusiastic as he ever was. There were more than a few asides inbetween tunes that either fell flat or didn't make much in the way of humor or sense. Not such a big deal. Roth seemed content to slide around on his center-stage dance floor and say "wooo!" a lot...that's fine (although Uncle Dave DID visibly lose his footing once while sliding around to the point where he stumbled). One trait of his that kinda got a little annoying was a frequent tendency to use his mid-range yell (think of the voice used to bark out the verses in Outta Space) and shout out lyrics, doing so in tunes that really didn't benefit from this approach. Like, Pretty Woman isn't a tune that really requires this...and was far from the only one where this vocal strategy was applied. The real shame being when Roth simply SANG the tunes (Women In Love springs to mind), he sounded just fine. In addition, Roth slipped backward into a longtime trait of mush-mouthing lyrics, skipping verses, not singing choruses; things that seemed a part of the past when considering his highly disciplined, start-to-finish excellent performances of 2007/2008.

In short, great show. Small step forward for Wolf, leaps and fucking bounds for Eddie, a slight step backward for Dave (just needs to sing the tunes rather than yell them- not trying to be a dick, but it just sounded better when he did). Overall, a vast improvement over the previous tour, particularly in keeping the solo spots brief and focused.

Worth the money. Glad I went.

Eugene, I wish I could be as detailed as you are in a review the day after the show, good work.

TJMKID
04-15-2012, 07:51 PM

I'm still perplexed what Dave is trying to accomplish vocally on some of these songs. Who is suggesting he sing in the higher register? Just makes no sense.

If he stays in his normal range ---- he fucking NAILS it ---- just like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xedn656BvWE

hambon4lif
04-15-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm still perplexed what Dave is trying to accomplish vocally on some of these songs. Who is suggesting he sing in the higher register? Just makes no sense.

If he stays in his normal range ---- he fucking NAILS itI'm convinced that's the general opinion.
When he stays in the lower register, his voice not only has a drop-dead-cool to it, but it actually accelerates, and he's in total command. Lately, this whole thing of screaming the lyrics like he has his dick caught in a vice is really starting to irritate even his most die-hard fans. I'm lost as to what he's trying to prove...
The second I heard the intro to "Dance The Night Away" that's when I figured I'd go get a beer, 'cause I just couldn't bear to listen to the way he was going to 'sing' it.

Being one of his biggest fans....that's not an easy thing to have to admit.
Let's all hope this is just a temporary situation and he figures this out....like the headset.

TJMKID
04-15-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm convinced that's the general opinion.
When he stays in the lower register, his voice not only has a drop-dead-cool to it, but it actually accelerates, and he's in total command. Lately, this whole thing of screaming the lyrics like he has his dick caught in a vice is really starting to irritate even his most die-hard fans. I'm lost as to what he's trying to prove...
The second I heard the intro to "Dance The Night Away" that's when I figured I'd go get a beer, 'cause I just couldn't bear to listen to the way he was going to 'sing' it.

Being one of his biggest fans....that's not an easy thing to have to admit.
Let's all hope this is just a temporary situation and he figures this out....like the headset.

I'm starting to think Dave is "over-analyzing" some footage from the 2007-08 tour and trying to compensate. I thought he sounded great on the 2007-08 tour, but perhaps he got a vocal coach in the last couple years who suggested "Try the higher register" and Dave is being the eager student?

Someone with some real influence (like Eddie) needs to sit Dave down and have a chat. This tour could be totally smokin' if he just stays in his comfort zone and be the frontman we all know.

ODShowtime
04-16-2012, 07:05 AM
Man it's Monday morning and I'm STILL hungover.
I agree with Terry like usual. The difference tonight was Eddie. Much better than last time here in Tampa. Nice and focused. The show was quick and well paced and just kept punching you until it was over. The crowd was awesome and I only sat down twice for a quick breather during Pretty Woman and I'll Wait. No one else sat down all night except for this fat bitch in front of me that got tired and left half-way through.

Hi-lights for me were Unchained when they just appear in front of you and start the destruction. So bad-ass. So glad they opened with that instead of YRGM. Night and day difference there.

Women in Love and Outta Love were also high points for me. They both sound pretty basic but when done right they are very effective. Glad I didn't miss this because it was worth the price. Not too many more parties like this for the humans.

fourthcoming
04-16-2012, 08:26 AM
I know I'm running the risk of sounding dicky, but God willing, there will be a second leg of the tour. And if there is a second leg....Van Halen....can we please lose Pretty woman, I'll Wait, China Town, Trouble With Never, and Tattoo? I have no problem with any of these tunes.....and absolutely love the new stuff also....but....Can we mix it up a little more on the second leg hopefully? Bullethead, Stay Frosty, As Is, Sinners Swing, D.O.A., In A Simple Rhyme, anything really cuz the whole catalog is brilliant......just please mix it up a little bit more. I'll shut up now.

So this is love
04-16-2012, 08:38 AM
QUOTE=fourthcoming;1641859]I know I'm running the risk of sounding dicky, but God willing, there will be a second leg of the tour. And if there is a second leg....Van Halen....can we please lose Pretty woman, I'll Wait, China Town, Trouble With Never, and Tattoo? I have no problem with any of these tunes.....and absolutely love the new stuff also....but....Can we mix it up a little more on the second leg hopefully? Bullethead, Stay Frosty, As Is, Sinners Swing, D.O.A., In A Simple Rhyme, anything really cuz the whole catalog is brilliant......just please mix it up a little bit more. I'll shut up now.[/QUOTE]

Whoa... what`s in your coffee this morning?:lmao:

evil_lil
04-16-2012, 08:48 AM
While I have the same general opinion of the high register from watching the youtube stuff, at the show I couldn't have cared less. I even enjoyed Dance The Night Away. Any missteps were over quickly and his enthusiasm and showmanship more than made up for it. I think he ruled the roost Saturday night.

fourthcoming
04-16-2012, 09:01 AM
QUOTE=fourthcoming;1641859]I know I'm running the risk of sounding dicky, but God willing, there will be a second leg of the tour. And if there is a second leg....Van Halen....can we please lose Pretty woman, I'll Wait, China Town, Trouble With Never, and Tattoo? I have no problem with any of these tunes.....and absolutely love the new stuff also....but....Can we mix it up a little more on the second leg hopefully? Bullethead, Stay Frosty, As Is, Sinners Swing, D.O.A., In A Simple Rhyme, anything really cuz the whole catalog is brilliant......just please mix it up a little bit more. I'll shut up now.

Whoa... what`s in your coffee this morning?:lmao:[/QUOTE]

Nothing in my coffee at all.....Just want to hear a few different tunes from the 7 classic albums on the next leg.

So this is love
04-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Whoa... what`s in your coffee this morning?:lmao:

Nothing in my coffee at all.....Just want to hear a few different tunes from the 7 classic albums on the next leg.[/QUOTE]

I know...first the Rangers, than the 20 band members that sounds like shit not to forget your analogy of GNR and Mike Tyson...you`re on a roll

fourthcoming
04-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Nothing in my coffee at all.....Just want to hear a few different tunes from the 7 classic albums on the next leg.

I know...first the Rangers, than the 20 band members that sounds like shit not to forget your analogy of GNR and Mike Tyson...you`re on a roll[/QUOTE]

LOL.....are you stalking me? Yea, maybe somebody pissed in my cheerios this morning bro......rough morning at work so far.....gotta love Mondays. Hope yours is going better than mine.

ODShowtime
04-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Man it took two days for this to get out? People are slackin'!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=401839

VAN HALEN
TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM
TAMPA, FLORIDA
APRIL 14TH,

Taper: Bluntforcetrauma
Lineage: DPA 4023>sonosax sx-m2>Edirol r-05
Conversion: PB>Peak>24bit/48.0khz dithered>16bit/44.1khz>SBE>xact

version 1 of 3

First time using the roland/edirol r05
only third time using new mics the DPOA 4023
It was my birthday,so it was a great day.
We were able to go back stage tour and soundcheck.
Also had dpa 4061 but one of the mics totally lost its function as the entrie microphone top had falling off and no where to be found, but did tape one channel with the dpa 4061.

****Also entire show was filmed in HD from seat location. So if any other video files are out there lets get together to make a multi- cam mix.

seat: Floor row 3 seat 10 ( 3rd row center)

Disc 1

Unchained
Runnin’ With the Devil
She’s The Woman
Romeo Delight
Tattoo
Everybody Wants Some
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
China Town
Hear About It Later
Pretty Woman
Al’s drum solo
You Really Got Me
The Trouble with Never
Dance The Night Away

Disc 2
I’ll Wait
Hot For Teacher
Women In Love
Outta Love Again
Beautiful Girls
Ice Cream Man
Panama
Eddie’s Guitar Solo
Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love
Jump

VAiN
04-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Here's my video for Unchained! Shot from the 11th row, Wolfs side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM22uo5wQl8&feature=youtu.be