PDA

View Full Version : Official 3/9 Buffalo Meetup/Review Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Nickdfresh
03-10-2012, 12:21 PM
The show was fucking killer!

From Dave announcing almost immediately that "this is a good fucking show tonight"...

I think he said that at least three times at various points. Kool and the Gang also said it...

SNIPER
03-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I just woke up! What! No vids yet !!?? God dammit!! I have shows the next two days, I need some new live VH footage to get my blood pumping....

SNIPER
03-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Secrets also... On the kick ass side of things...."Fools" That intro and Ed's Apocalyptic Riff loosens my fillings every time!

Ah yes, Secrets with the double neck guitar would be awesome. ...And that intro to Fools is classic. I love the way Alex swings that beat around towards the end. He is the timing master.

SNIPER
03-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Now thats what I am talking about!! looking/sounding good!

ELVIS
03-10-2012, 01:14 PM
It was a particularly bad version of "Jump!" as well...

They should rename it headin' to the parking lot.

:elvis:

SNIPER
03-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Now thats what I am talking about!! looking/sounding good!

Anybody else notice how Ed plays that part at 0:16 different these days? It bugs me a little ...It's not a fuck up, he just plays it weird. Also did it like this on 07/08 tour.

Momshell
03-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Based on that HFT video it looks like they were on fire!! Love it!

SNIPER
03-10-2012, 01:36 PM

Yes indeed

David Lee Rocks
03-10-2012, 01:37 PM
This should suffice for now...

:elvis:

reverand Roth, YEA!!!

vaijuju
03-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Just one bad video of Ed's solo so far on Youtube....

some vids here

http://www.youtube.com/user/upforbreakfast5150?feature=

Carloscda
03-10-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm not understanding why Dave keeps singing in a higher register than normal?

He sounds so much better in a normal key!

Mr Walker
03-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Now I just have to figure out where my next show will be...

You aren't welcome in Jersey

SunisinuS
03-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Why is Chris Christie chewing out a SEAL when he is shaped like one? I mean come on Man stop eating! You are Governor!

vandeleur
03-10-2012, 03:44 PM
great videos but i wasnt to keen to click on any link with the words up for fucking breakfast in ..........

hey this is my 500 post :beers8:

SunisinuS
03-10-2012, 03:52 PM
some vids here

I know I promised no metaphysics after happy hour but fuck it let's party. It Starts at the 2:50 Minute Mark....don't look at your wrist watch.

Lol Brand New Rap Signature David Lee.

Sweet. As Is.

perrin29
03-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Ha ha. Exactly. I had a problem with the screen name too. I've only seen a couple of Buffalo vids so far but it seems like Dave is a little stiff. Maybe under the weather a bit? Still sounds good but not as active as other shows.

SunisinuS
03-10-2012, 04:50 PM
My girlfriend said she hates the new Van Halen album,
I broke up with her,
Just kidding shes dead.

Von Halen
03-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Ha ha. Exactly. I had a problem with the screen name too. I've only seen a couple of Buffalo vids so far but it seems like Dave is a little stiff. Maybe under the weather a bit? Still sounds good but not as active as other shows.

I thought Dave was more active than the Detroit show. Way more kicks.

perrin29
03-10-2012, 05:35 PM
I thought Dave was more active than the Detroit show. Way more kicks.I haven't seen a lot of decent videos from the shows yet. Most are fuzzy or shot from the upper deck. They still sound great regardless. The countdown is on for me. Thursday night!

Carmine
03-10-2012, 06:50 PM
BTW, according to a poster at the Links that heard soundcheck, they played HoneyBabySweetieDoll and Beats Workin'....Hmmmm.....

I heard the same talking with some folks at the show...and apparently, while seated at the Atrium Bar with Twona, Tommy V and Shoes...we just MISSED Eddie walking through the lobby...

Another great Van Halen show in the books...another great trip with the Roth and Roll gang...Twonabomber, Shoes, Tommy V, Von Halen and Moose...always a pleasure seeing you guys...

Highlights of the show for me were Hear about it later, Woman in Love and Girl Gone Bad...

I felt a little bit of a letdown that Full Bug, Outta Love Again were not played nor was anything "new" to the set list...I had my hopes up for Hang em' High or Bottoms up after hearing they sound checked them in Philly...

Honeybabysweetiedoll and/or Beat's Workin' or anything else from ADKOT would be sweet...

Next up, Atlantic City in 2 weeks...

Until then...Stay Frosty...

Carmine
03-10-2012, 06:54 PM
...and somebody...somehwere in van halen forum world needs to start recording the sound checks!

twonabomber
03-10-2012, 06:59 PM
you know how these go, i post random shit i remember from the last two days and usually end up with a couple posts worth.

got back from Buffalo a few hours ago. great show! kind of surprised that they went back to YRGM as the opener. maybe we will get something different next week in T.O.

Wolf is a lot more fun to watch this time around. it's kind of cool when he goes over by Ed and they just grin at each other while they're playing. i notice both he and Ed take the long way around the "dance floor."

loved that they did China Town, sounded really good live. i was surprised that more people in our section didn't bail during the new songs, they mostly stayed put the whole set.

really cool when Dave dropped the "ladies night in Buffalo" in. i wondered if he had to clear that with The Three Twins.

like the way the video is not really song specific, which allows them to move songs around and play different ones and not have to be tied in to a script. that being said, my only gripe...if you're going to run a screen that big, don't drop the fucking lighting rig right in front of it. screen becomes practically useless.

got in Thursday night, hit the bar with Tommy while i was waiting for Shoes' train to come in. i get to the train station, and there's a gaggle of cute Asian chicks on their phones saying "tlain rate! tlain rate!" Guwapo would have liked those chicks.

speaking of Guwapo, we now know he is not in possession of his testicles full-time.

anyways, train is almost an hour late, we get back to the hotel around 1 am and start drinking. Tommy comes down to hang out and leaves around 3:30-4 am...and Shoes and i keep drinking. all the way to 6 am. i get up at 9, can't fall back asleep.

we head down for lunch while waiting for everyone else to arrive. Carmine and crew get in and we go back downstairs to start catching up, and...drinking. thirty-two dollars worth or so per round. eh, what the fuck, we don't do this all the time. we also talk about how Guwapo is not in possession of his testicles full-time. met up with some chicks from Erie who were in for the show but don't seem like the site type. there were a lot of people talking about the gig, an older couple at the bar was doing the VIP thing. saw them this morning at breakfast, i thought about asking about the soundcheck but they didn't strike me as people who would know the importance (to us) of different songs being played.

so we're sitting there, third round or so, maybe between 2:30 and 3 pm. still catching up, laughing, talking shit, whatever. i look over to my right, just on the other side of the escalator, and i see a guy in a black topcoat, and think to myself "that guy looks like Ed" and let it go. there's a guy behind him carrying a six pack of Coronas with two missing. couple minutes later Corona guy is walking past again, and Tommy (i think) hears him say something about Ed being there. calls him over, it WAS Ed, and Matt Bruck. i recognized him as the guy with the Coronas and he says "yeah, i was a walking a few feet behind Ed and Matt." brush with greatness denied. motherfucker!

on my way in the night before i drove past the Avant hotel. there were three buses parked outside. when we got back after the show, there was one bus parked on the street outside our hotel. was it Ed's? i dunno. we know some of Kool and the Gang was at the Hyatt, caught one of the guys setting up for an interview while we ate lunch. and the crew was rumored to be at the Avant (and we'll get into a funny thing about that later) Thursday night. i think the only thing cooler than being in the same hotel as Ed would be if Ed would have walked up to us and said "hey, i hear that Guwapo guy does not have possession of his testicles full-time."

i will fill in more later, i need a nap.

great seeing everyone again, Shoes, Tommy, Z, Carmine, Von, and Moose, and the noobs they brought with them. hopefully their first time ain't the last. got to see our old pal VH2001 at the venue, he came into town for the Dave/Sam show back in '02 (Von was there as well, but Mr Walker probably isn't interested in that and i shouldn't have mentioned it) and has been back to Cleveland for a few more Dave or VH shows. this was the first time i was able to get to Buffalo for a show.

IceCreamBlondie
03-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the review ! Too bad you just missed Ed!!! But at least you got to see him. WOW! Sounds like everyone had a GREAT time!

Mystery: Where did those two missing Coronas go? .:bottle:

SNIPER
03-10-2012, 07:21 PM
you know how these go, i post random shit i remember from the last two days and usually end up with a couple posts worth.

got back from Buffalo a few hours ago. great show! kind of surprised that they went back to YRGM as the opener. maybe we will get something different next week in T.O.

Wolf is a lot more fun to watch this time around. it's kind of cool when he goes over by Ed and they just grin at each other while they're playing. i notice both he and Ed take the long way around the "dance floor."

loved that they did China Town, sounded really good live. i was surprised that more people in our section didn't bail during the new songs, they mostly stayed put the whole set.

really cool when Dave dropped the "ladies night in Buffalo" in. i wondered if he had to clear that with The Three Twins.

like the way the video is not really song specific, which allows them to move songs around and play different ones and not have to be tied in to a script. that being said, my only gripe...if you're going to run a screen that big, don't drop the fucking lighting rig right in front of it. screen becomes practically useless.

got in Thursday night, hit the bar with Tommy while i was waiting for Shoes' train to come in. i get to the train station, and there's a gaggle of cute Asian chicks on their phones saying "tlain rate! tlain rate!" Guwapo would have liked those chicks.

speaking of Guwapo, we now know he is not in possession of his testicles full-time.

anyways, train is almost an hour late, we get back to the hotel around 1 am and start drinking. Tommy comes down to hang out and leaves around 3:30-4 am...and Shoes and i keep drinking. all the way to 6 am. i get up at 9, can't fall back asleep.

we head down for lunch while waiting for everyone else to arrive. Carmine and crew get in and we go back downstairs to start catching up, and...drinking. thirty-two dollars worth or so per round. eh, what the fuck, we don't do this all the time. we also talk about how Guwapo is not in possession of his testicles full-time. met up with some chicks from Erie who were in for the show but don't seem like the site type. there were a lot of people talking about the gig, an older couple at the bar was doing the VIP thing. saw them this morning at breakfast, i thought about asking about the soundcheck but they didn't strike me as people who would know the importance (to us) of different songs being played.

so we're sitting there, third round or so, maybe between 2:30 and 3 pm. still catching up, laughing, talking shit, whatever. i look over to my right, just on the other side of the escalator, and i see a guy in a black topcoat, and think to myself "that guy looks like Ed" and let it go. there's a guy behind him carrying a six pack of Coronas with two missing. couple minutes later Corona guy is walking past again, and Tommy (i think) hears him say something about Ed being there. calls him over, it WAS Ed, and Matt Bruck. i recognized him as the guy with the Coronas and he says "yeah, i was a walking a few feet behind Ed and Matt." brush with greatness denied. motherfucker!

on my way in the night before i drove past the Avant hotel. there were three buses parked outside. when we got back after the show, there was one bus parked on the street outside our hotel. was it Ed's? i dunno. we know some of Kool and the Gang was at the Hyatt, caught one of the guys setting up for an interview while we ate lunch. and the crew was rumored to be at the Avant (and we'll get into a funny thing about that later) Thursday night. i think the only thing cooler than being in the same hotel as Ed would be if Ed would have walked up to us and said "hey, i hear that Guwapo guy does not have possession of his testicles full-time."

i will fill in more later, i need a nap.

great seeing everyone again, Shoes, Tommy, Z, Carmine, Von, and Moose, and the noobs they brought with them. hopefully their first time ain't the last. got to see our old pal VH2001 at the venue, he came into town for the Dave/Sam show back in '02 (Von was there as well, but Mr Walker probably isn't interested in that and i shouldn't have mentioned it) and has been back to Cleveland for a few more Dave or VH shows. this was the first time i was able to get to Buffalo for a show.

Awesome indeed!

SNIPER
03-10-2012, 07:26 PM
some vids here

Wow, This is way tight !!! The couple of vids so far are just killer!! ...Off the subject but thats what I needed to get my blood pumping. I have a gig in a couple hours and I am sporting my new Roth Army shirt for the show for good luck !! For all those wanting a long sleeve do what I am doing. Where a thin long sleeve shirt under neath. Looks bad ass. Cheers!! I will direct anybody that asks to this site to get a Roth shirt tonight!! Roth On!!

Carmine
03-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Some chick just told Carmine he had a Hagar hairdo!

lmao...thank you to Tommy V for pulling that dagger out of my back!!

Va Beach VH Fan
03-10-2012, 07:44 PM

Va Beach VH Fan
03-10-2012, 07:45 PM

Va Beach VH Fan
03-10-2012, 07:45 PM

Va Beach VH Fan
03-10-2012, 07:46 PM

Va Beach VH Fan
03-10-2012, 07:46 PM

moose
03-10-2012, 08:19 PM

You have no idea how ON FIRE they were last night
HFT was spectacular!!!

SNIPER
03-10-2012, 08:24 PM
These clips are great!

ELVIS
03-10-2012, 08:30 PM
They need to leave Outta Love Again outta the setlist, permanently...

moose
03-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Do I have to load the videos to YouTube first then here or

Or can I load them directly from my IPhone??

ELVIS
03-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Youtube...

sob33316
03-10-2012, 09:44 PM
secrets is great!! I love the greeting card song! I was shocked but lmao when i found that out. Little guitars also a fav!

sob33316
03-10-2012, 09:50 PM
My girlfriend said she hates the new Van Halen album,
I broke up with her,
Just kidding shes dead.

lmao!!

moose
03-10-2012, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=ELVIS;1628835]They need to leave Outta Love Again outta the setlist, permanently...[/

Fuck no......
Get rid of I'll wait and toss in Blood and Fire

moose
03-10-2012, 10:25 PM
I think that he'll like the KATG shirt we bought him...

Hahahahahaha
I bought him a Tshirt of a guy wearing a skirt in the kitchen
his wife sitting at the table with 2 round items in a plate
:-)

Angel
03-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Hahahahahaha
I bought him a Tshirt of a guy wearing a skirt in the kitchen
his wife sitting at the table with 2 round items in a plate
:-) That's fucking awesome!!! :lmao:

sadaist
03-10-2012, 11:17 PM

It will just go away for a spell, get married, and come back full force ;)

ELVIS
03-10-2012, 11:30 PM
I wish...

fourthcoming
03-11-2012, 03:20 AM

Why??

vaijuju
03-11-2012, 04:20 AM
At 4.25 .. look at all the people here tonight !

SNIPER
03-11-2012, 04:49 AM
I am enjoying these vids to the fullest at the moment. I just got home, I am drunk, and I have them cranking through the surround sound and the big screen !! Life is GOOD!!!! :amen:

silverfish
03-11-2012, 08:27 AM
The Buffalo News review - link (http://www.buffalonews.com/entertainment/gusto/music/concert-reviews/article758106.ece).

Momshell
03-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Sounds like an amazing show! They really do seem to be getting stronger every time. Please, please, please......second leg!!!!

DavidLeeNatra
03-11-2012, 08:57 AM
The Buffalo News review - link (http://www.buffalonews.com/entertainment/gusto/music/concert-reviews/article758106.ece).

ka-boom!

Momshell
03-11-2012, 09:28 AM
At 4.25 .. look at all the people here tonight !
Cool! I thought it was gonna be Dave saying it. Don't know why but I still love hearing it every time. The one thing I'm missing this time around.

Von Halen
03-11-2012, 09:38 AM

That guy gets it!

moose
03-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Bang on review!!!
As if there ever was any doubt about THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN
Another great review from another sold out show
Wow 9 shows in and it's getting better with every show

moose
03-11-2012, 11:47 AM
I have 3 vids on YT and I'm having a fuck of a time
Trying to post em
Fakkkkkkk

twonabomber
03-11-2012, 12:27 PM
linky?

we need Von's pics, too!

guwapo_rocker
03-11-2012, 12:28 PM

All these fucking years and you still can't spell Zoe?

twonabomber
03-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Mystery: Where did those two missing Coronas go? .:bottle:

i forgot, someone at the table mentioned Corona guy was from Cleveland. i didn't talk to him though.

maybe he had the two beers on the road. i saw a couple other people with missing beers out of six.

All these fucking years and you still can't spell Zoe?

i call my nephew G, force of habit.

i tend to give everyone nicknames. want one? :D

moose
03-11-2012, 12:39 PM
linky?

we need Von's pics, too!
Yeah Von post them pics

Waiting for my son to wake up
Then I'll have him post the vids for me
Here
He was up all night perfecting his version of CATHEDRALS
LOL

twonabomber
03-11-2012, 12:57 PM
more random notes...

VH2001 said he saw a guy in the concourse wearing a Roth Army shirt...and a striped cape. who wants to fess up?

i hope Tommy doesn't mind that i post this before him. we're at the bar Thursday night, he goes to grab a refill. guy at the bar says something about him being in the crew, and Tommy just plays along. that's how he found out the crew was at the Avant. Tommy talked to the guy for maybe twenty minutes, Zoe and i are sitting there laughing about it. turns out the other guy did road work for a while, Pat Travers i think was mentioned.

it was cool to walk up to the Pearl and see the RA sign on the door. food was good, beer was good (well not the first amber beer), the Lighthouse we had after the show went down smoooooth. i put a hurtin' on that tube. got to talk trucks and hunting with Moose and guitars with his son, in between show chat.

did pretty good on three hours sleep. started to fade toward the end of the show but then got outside into the cold Buffalo air and that shit woke me right up. then we get to the train to go back to the Pearl...i think i can say i now know what it's like riding public transit in a third world country. and the cab ride from the Pearl back to the hotel, holy shit i think that guy drives faster than i do.

speaking of driving, i notice NY Thruway cops are like Ohio Highway Patrol. you won't see one on a cold, rainy day like Thursday. but on a sunny, semi-warm day like Saturday, every one of those pricks will be out writing tickets.

more later.

twonabomber
03-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Waiting for my son to wake up
Then I'll have him post the vids for me
Here
He was up all night perfecting his version of CATHEDRALS
LOL

did you guys buy a guitar Saturday morning?

guwapo_rocker
03-11-2012, 01:24 PM
I can't believe that pussywhipped Guwapo didn't show up!

I heard you missed me.

guwapo_rocker
03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I have an extra ticket for this show if anyone is interested.....half price.

twonabomber
03-11-2012, 01:37 PM
is it a real ticket, or one that you printed out at home?

put it on Ebay and see if anyone bites!

SNIPER
03-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Um, ahhh :doh:

twonabomber
03-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Even better, we stopped at Walmart. How fucking civilized is it that you can buy beer at Walmart? Fucking wonderful, if you ask me. And it's cold!!

i can see the two of you standing in front of the aisle-long beer cooler, with rays of light coming from all around the cooler and a chorus singing "ahhhhhhhhh!"

SNIPER
03-11-2012, 01:41 PM

I sold my front row 04 ticket 4 years after the concert for 80 bucks to some Gaygar freak.

DavidLeeNatra
03-11-2012, 01:44 PM
I sold my front row 04 ticket 4 years after the concert for 80 bucks to some Gaygar freak.

I wouldn't have gone to the concert if you gave me the tickets along with the 80 bucks on top...

guwapo_rocker
03-11-2012, 01:47 PM
i can see the two of you standing in front of the aisle-long beer cooler, with rays of light coming from all around the cooler and a chorus singing "ahhhhhhhhh!"

i see it!!!

guwapo_rocker
03-11-2012, 01:48 PM

The real deal.

http://i44.tinypic.com/34ru96p.jpg

tjvhou812
03-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Does it seem cold in here to you?

SNIPER
03-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't have gone to the concert if you gave me the tickets along with the 80 bucks on top...
:biggrin:

SNIPER
03-11-2012, 02:12 PM
nevermind. did not work

guwapo_rocker
03-11-2012, 02:28 PM
So, how were the wings? Are there any tolls between the Q/L bridge and Buffalo?

Did the hotel bar really close at midnight?

Are the Asian chicks still at the train station????

Nickdfresh
03-11-2012, 02:34 PM
...Are there any tolls between the Q/L bridge and Buffalo?

Depends on which way to take, there is a dollar toll for going over the Grand Island bridge(s) on the 190...

SNIPER
03-11-2012, 02:35 PM

What's there to do tonight, Anything?

twonabomber
03-11-2012, 02:40 PM
i honestly did not notice much of a difference in the wings. i think i am going to get some shit for that. on the way back from Rama, Grimes and i met up with VH2001 and had wings at the Bar-Bill. i could tell a difference between those and what i can get here. the Pearl's pizza was good.

tolls, or trolls? it's $3.15 from the PA/NY line to the gate in Buffalo.

hotel bar was still jumping when we got back. before we left we asked the bartender about staying open, he said if there was a decent crowd they'd stay open later. i wonder if they hustled the guys out of the arena right after they got offstage and got them back to the hotel before the crowd did. we only went back to the Pearl because we had two paid-for tubes of beer waiting for us. it was cool of them to do that.

if the tlain is still rate, then the girls may still be there. i don't have time to get there and back before work. maybe i will check on my way up Friday.

tommyv
03-11-2012, 02:41 PM
So many stories, so little time...

We returned home safely yesterday afternoon after a quick 2 hour drive. No issues whatsoever at the border.

While I had some advance notice, I came home to confirm that neither of my 2 machines would boot. This morning, I swapped out a hard drive in the laptop and swapped out the power supply in the desktop. I feel whole again....

What a great fucking 48 hours. From the time we rolled in on Thursday to the bittersweet good-byes at noon yesterday. Twonabomber and I held court at a table in the hotel bistro from 7:30 to 11:30. Shoes joined us until it was time for her train and Von joined us for a while leading up to check-out.

As Twona mentioned, we got off to an interesting start on Thursday night. I never denied I was a member of the crew, but never confirmed it either. I was sharing tales from the road, but it was as a fan. The fact that I was approximately 18 beer in by the time probably helped me pull it off. Please note: 18 American beer equates to approximately 12.3 Canadian beer. There was a brief moment of terror on Friday when he walked into the Hyatt lobby, saw me with the gang and came over to say hi and to have a good show. Thought I was busted.

Good time at the Pearl, although I was a little disappointed at the turnout. The DDLR gang was out in force, but it stopped there. The gang all stepped up to cover, but I will think twice about fronting cash in the future.

Returned home with 6 cases of Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi and 4 bags of Jalapeno Cheetos. You yanks certainly have better snack food than we do. Fair trade off on the beer thing, I suppose.

We stopped at the Record Theatre on the way home. I had not been there since the late 70s and I wanted to check it out. While still the same in square footage, it has definitely lost its lustre. Had a musty smell, as much used stuff as new and about 3 customers. Back in the day, a good record store was teeming with people and was alive. Do not want to sound like the old guy, but kids today do not know what they are missing.

Like Twoabomber, probably lots more thoughts will pop up and I will share as appropriate. Going to a VH show is about so much more than just the band - it is about the people, the atmosphere, the memories that we will always have. Thanks to those joined me in creating those memories.

Buffalo was alive with Van Halen on Friday - just like the old days.

Now that I have a working machine, I posted my photos. There may be some stinkers, I just posted the whole card without filtering. The ones of our merry troupe can be found on the last 2 pages.

http://s1153.photobucket.com/albums/p514/TommyV27/VH%2020120309%20Buffalo%20NY/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

You will notice that Guwapo is not among us, maybe he will be able to make the Toronto show this weekend.

twonabomber
03-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Twonabomber and I held court at a table in the hotel bistro from 7:30 to 11:30.

this is pretty much what we do in Sarnia, too. except in Sarnia we watch hotel staff reset the breaker every half-hour after two waffle makers and the coffee pot trip it. :D

guwapo_rocker
03-11-2012, 02:54 PM
but I will think twice about fronting cash in the future.

I'll give you my 10 bucks on Saturday. I feel bad about that.

Haven't spoken to you know who in 4 days. Well I did say two words to her, "buy beer".

She said two words back. Don't think I'm getting beer.

moose
03-11-2012, 03:38 PM
did you guys buy a guitar Saturday morning?

Nope the guitar wasn't there
But I found a Classic Van Halen poster from 1979
It is the promo poster for VH II, it is being framed
For my mancave
The day before he sold another poster from VH 1
:-(

The

moose
03-11-2012, 03:59 PM
So, how were the wings? Are there any tolls between the Q/L bridge and Buffalo?

Did the hotel bar really close at midnight?

Are the Asian chicks still at the train station????

Nope they hooked up with my son

guwapo_rocker
03-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Nope they hooked up with my son

Good man!!

guwapo_rocker
03-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Did someone mug Von Halen and take his Camera?

DavidLeeNatra
03-11-2012, 04:28 PM

:biggrin:

moose
03-11-2012, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rytacM4UgBQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hope this works

I know I know a little far back
Still not bad!

moose
03-11-2012, 05:49 PM
EWS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNJuDStYOZk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

moose
03-11-2012, 06:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QABX7A7n6YQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Eruption.......
May hear my boy freakin out....LOL

IceCreamBlondie
03-11-2012, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=ELVIS;1628835]They need to leave Outta Love Again outta the setlist, permanently...[/

Fuck no......
Get rid of I'll wait and toss in Blood and Fire

Absolutely.

sadaist
03-12-2012, 12:02 AM

I printed mine out for 2007 show. But once at the arena I told my friends to find me a real stub that maybe someone dropped or tossed down. Got 1 to put in the album with all the others.

Von Halen
03-12-2012, 02:08 AM
Did someone mug Von Halen and take his Camera?

No! Still not home!

Von Halen
03-12-2012, 02:36 AM
No! Still not home!

Okay, I will try to post a few with Tapatalk.

Von Halen
03-12-2012, 02:37 AM
Diamond Dave!

Von Halen
03-12-2012, 02:39 AM
"The king of the 6 string"

Von Halen
03-12-2012, 02:39 AM
Wolfgang!

Von Halen
03-12-2012, 02:43 AM
Another of Diamond Dave.

I will post more tomorrow after I get them downloaded to my computer and can size them properly. I got some pretty kick ass shots.

Nickdfresh
03-12-2012, 05:14 AM
i honestly did not notice much of a difference in the wings. i think i am going to get some shit for that. on the way back from Rama, Grimes and i met up with VH2001 and had wings at the Bar-Bill. i could tell a difference between those and what i can get here. the Pearl's pizza was good.

tolls, or trolls? it's $3.15 from the PA/NY line to the gate in Buffalo.

hotel bar was still jumping when we got back. before we left we asked the bartender about staying open, he said if there was a decent crowd they'd stay open later. i wonder if they hustled the guys out of the arena right after they got offstage and got them back to the hotel before the crowd did. we only went back to the Pearl because we had two paid-for tubes of beer waiting for us. it was cool of them to do that.

if the tlain is still rate, then the girls may still be there. i don't have time to get there and back before work. maybe i will check on my way up Friday.

If you want to stay out until four A.M. in Buffalo, you gots to go to either Chippewa or Elmwood (Av's) boys....

sadaist
03-12-2012, 05:38 AM
If you want to stay out until four A.M. in Buffalo, you gots to go to either Chippewa or Elmwood (Av's) boys....

Nick, I haven't seen it...(or I missed it)...but did you catch the show?

twonabomber
03-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Nope the guitar wasn't there
But I found a Classic Van Halen poster from 1979
It is the promo poster for VH II, it is being framed
For my mancave
The day before he sold another poster from VH 1
:-(

cool find!

i live by myself, so technically the whole house is a man cave. i want to get a VH "Memorial Day" poster to frame and hang up somewhere.

guwapo_rocker
03-12-2012, 08:55 AM
i live by myself

You sound lonely. Do you want a dog?

Free.

twonabomber
03-12-2012, 09:17 AM
You sound lonely. Do you want a dog?

Free.

i could. the dog ain't gonna tell me i can't go somewhere. :D

on second thought...nah. i can barely take care of myself, a dog is the last thing i need.

Von Halen
03-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Ed and Wolf both with Red striped guitars!

Von Halen
03-12-2012, 10:23 AM
WTF? No black stripes?

Von Halen
03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Ice Cream Man!

Nickdfresh
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Nick, I haven't seen it...(or I missed it)...but did you catch the show?

Yeah. The day the tickets went on sale, I called a friend of mine with Buffalo Sabres season tickets who takes me to games expecting no money, although I pay him in $9 FNC beers. :) This day, he decided to turn it into a boys-night-out-thing and wanted me to get four tickets instead of two, meaning we ended up in the 300's. None of these guys were diehard Van Halen fans and were embarrassing me by making "walker" and "wheelchair hairband" jokes on the way in. Unfortunately, because these guys came from work and I had to meet them in order to herd the flock like one of Dave's dogs, I met them in the Northtowns of Buffalo and wasn't able to make the pregaming festivities. But when the concert started, their attitudes completely changed and there certainly were no more jokes.

I found myself identifying the more obscure Van Halen material such as the night's biggest gem: "Somebody Get Me a Doctor!" IMHO But Ed's guitar wizardry and Dave's wry wit won them over completely and I think one of the guys is running out to get the Six Pack. I'm sorry I didn't get to The Pearl Street, but there was no way I could conduct these guys if I did. But yeah, the typical knock on Buffalo is that it's a sleepy provincial city that closes down at 9:00PM (as some dip-shit junior hockey player tweeted during the tournament here last year.) While there's some truth to that, you need to know where to look to find the diehard drinking est's that stay open until the County limit of 4:00AM, and there ain't any around the First Niagara. After the concert, we ended up going to the obligatory strip clubs around the Airport before wandering home at around 3:00AM.

IceCreamBlondie
03-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the photos & news updates! GREAT STUFF! :high5:

Carmine
03-13-2012, 05:31 AM
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p514/TommyV27/VH%2020120309%20Buffalo%20NY/P1000397.jpg

...thanks for another fun trip gang!!

Until the next time...Stay Frosty

sadaist
03-13-2012, 06:29 AM
After the concert, we ended up going to the obligatory strip clubs around the Airport before wandering home at around 3:00AM.

True VH style! Glad you made a show.

sadaist
03-13-2012, 06:31 AM
LOL Carmine. I look at that pic & think wtf? Who are these old folks rocking out in VH/Roth shirts? Then I look in the mirror & go "...oh yeah."

vandeleur
03-13-2012, 06:48 AM
LOL Carmine. I look at that pic & think wtf? Who are these old folks rocking out in VH/Roth shirts? Then I look in the mirror & go "...oh yeah."

classic :lmao:

Carmine
03-13-2012, 07:00 AM

lmfao...

FYI...My Roth Army "Roth and Roll" T-Shirt is on underneath my Fair Warning hoodie!

sadaist
03-13-2012, 08:59 AM
lmfao...

FYI...My Roth Army "Roth and Roll" T-Shirt is on underneath my Fair Warning hoodie!

Did they sell male version hoodies at the show? I know there was a girl version Momshell bought. I'm hopeful but haven't seen one yet.

DLR Bridge
03-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Did they sell male version hoodies at the show? I know there was a girl version Momshell bought. I'm hopeful but haven't seen one yet.

I think the $100 Indian Motorcycle looking one was the only male hoody I saw at MSG. Not exactly a recession buster, but looked kick ass.

sadaist
03-13-2012, 09:59 AM
I think the $100 Indian Motorcycle looking one was the only male hoody I saw at MSG. Not exactly a recession buster, but looked kick ass.

COOL! That means there is one. I got until June to save up the cash. No problem.

DLR Bridge
03-13-2012, 10:09 AM
COOL! That means there is one. I got until June to save up the cash. No problem.

Hey, I loved your dog pix by the way. I gotta get something in that thread. T'was a great idea.

silverfish
03-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Rock Show Critique review - link (http://rockshowcritique.com/2012/03/van-halen-buffalo/):

"The return of “Diamond” Dave and a revitalized Eddie Van Halen to Buffalo
was a triumph. Many people will be talking about this show for years to come."

Mr Walker
03-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Listening to the show now... Dave sounds a little hoarse, but it suits him.

Mr Walker
03-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Maybe there is a 'blower' clause buried in the rider this tour?

twonabomber
03-13-2012, 12:21 PM
i didn't notice it during the show but on one of the Youtubes i thought Dave's voice sounded a little off, like due to illness.

sadaist
03-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Hey, I loved your dog pix by the way. I gotta get something in that thread. T'was a great idea.

Yeah. I love to pimp out their pics & love seeing other peoples funny pets. You got quite the bruiser in your avatar. Looks like he's watching you bbq on the back deck and hoping you drop a steak.

Don't blink

DLR Bridge
03-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah. I love to pimp out their pics & love seeing other peoples funny pets. You got quite the bruiser in your avatar. Looks like he's watching you bbq on the back deck and hoping you drop a steak.

Don't blink

You nailed it! He's an almost 10 year old puppy. The best is when your 68 lb muscle dog is sleeping on top of you on the couch on a Saturday afternoon and the doorbell rings and he stomps on your you know what to launch himself towards the door. That smarts.

Sensible Shoes
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
i honestly did not notice much of a difference in the wings. the Pearl's pizza was good.

No you're right. The wings did not live up to expectations.

Sensible Shoes
03-13-2012, 06:04 PM
I think I need to start drinking again - I'm still really bummed out this is all over.

Carmine
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM

They did...bought the winter one for my son...it really is a kick ass looking hoodie even for the $100 price tag...

I'd pre-ordered both

Sensible Shoes
03-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Hey nobody told the story about TommyV and the orange shorts!!!!

Von Halen
03-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Hey nobody told the story about TommyV and the orange shorts!!!!

Uh, we were trying to keep that a secret! Thanks Shoes!

Enzo308
03-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Here are a few of my photos (I took over 300); my wife & I were in the 2nd row. Amazing night....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25475953@N06/?saved=1

Kevin

Sensible Shoes
03-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Uh, we were trying to keep that a secret! Thanks Shoes!

Maybe YOU were trying to keep it a secret.

IceCreamBlondie
03-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Man, you were REALLY close to the stage! You have some great pics of Dave looking straight at ya!

Great stuff....thanks for sharing! :cheer:

Carmine
03-14-2012, 04:48 AM
One thing I remember...although I do not remember which song it was...Wolf was killing it on the background vocals...Dave noticeably walked over to Ed...turned to look at Wolf...stopped singing himself...let Wolf finish the song and said..."that's the shit right there...that's the fuckin real deal"

I thought that was pretty cool...

Nickdfresh
03-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Rock Show Critique review - link (http://rockshowcritique.com/2012/03/van-halen-buffalo/):

"The return of “Diamond” Dave and a revitalized Eddie Van Halen to Buffalo
was a triumph. Many people will be talking about this show for years to come."

I'm no Edsheep™. Anyone who has read me here knows that, but he was fucking "On Fire!" and tearing it up in Buffalo that night. For all the bitter comments I've thrown at Ed, it honestly brings a tear to my eye knowing that I saw him at his very best that night. I've never heard him play better, 1984 even. Bootlegs. The Six Pack. The Sam years. The Monsters of Crock tour. He fucking outplayed himself on "Live Without Any Nuts" on the solo. Fucking great stuff...

He made a believer out of a 30-year-old friend whose favorite VH song was "Jump!". He made a rebeliever out of me!

ELVIS
03-14-2012, 06:23 PM
I've never heard him play better, 1984 even.

He's easily had way more spectacular moments, but he's much more consistant than he's ever been...

SunisinuS
03-14-2012, 07:10 PM
EWS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNJuDStYOZk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Real.....Live........Scream at 4:30. Nice....deh all finally warming up.

And there it is my friends:

http://rockshowcritique.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/DSC_1026-398x300.jpg

Blower!