PDA

View Full Version : Can Congress Reform.....Itself??

Sweet Irony
01-09-2012, 06:55 PM
http://www.oyetimes.com/news/102-america/16451-warren-buffett-wants-all-to-share-this-on-facebook#.Twda71uq0c2.facebook

I dont know if these changes would happen in my lifetime---but I sure would like to see it!

dazzlindino
01-09-2012, 08:36 PM
yep...we need to start by voting out all serving congress and senate and keep voting them out in one term, till they realize its the people that they are serving...just sayin'....

Nitro Express
01-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Congress are just the hired employees. Who does the reforming is the boss. The citizens are the boss under our form of government, the employees just have done a good job in fooling people they are the boss.

knuckleboner
01-09-2012, 11:58 PM
warren buffett doesn't support this. this is stupid.

most of this stuff is just plain wrong. congress DOES participate in social security. they have for 30 years. and congress does pay in to their own retirement plan - the same one that all federal employees have the option to pay into. and they don't get a pension - just the retirement that they choose to pay for. which has to vest, mind you.

if people want better representatives, they need to look in the mirror. people always complain, but then always elect their reps right back in.

are many members of congress part of the problem? absolutely. but so are many voters.