PDA

View Full Version : I'm miserable all of a sudden

lesfunk
01-09-2012, 08:41 PM
So I download the new song right? I'm exited about it so I post about it on my FB wall. I proceed to get a rash of shit from my so-called "Friends". "Ed's a crackhead" "The high ticket prices are to pay for Eddie's rehab", "they're assholes", "He'll never finish the tour" "Chickenfoot Rules" etc.
I went around with them for a while until it began to get ugly.

Rather than telling them to FUCK OFF, I just deleted the post and all their comments.

I was defending Roth in 1986 and in 2012 I'M STILL FUCKING DOING IT! WHAT THE FUCK?

Julius
01-09-2012, 08:47 PM
So I download the new song right? I'm exited about it so I post about it on my FB wall. I proceed to get a rash of shit from my so-called "Friends". "Ed's a crackhead" "The high ticket prices are to pay for Eddie's rehab", "they're assholes", "He'll never finish the tour" "Chickenfoot Rules" etc.

Rather than telling them to FUCK OFF, I just deleted the post and all their comments.

I was defending Roth in 1986 and in 2012 I'M STILL FUCKING DOING IT! WHAT THE FUCK?

Which link did you use to download the song? None of the ones listed in the other thread are working for me.

Sensible Shoes
01-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Don't be miserable. I guess the only place to share the feeling is here - where everybody GETS IT.

Little Texan
01-09-2012, 08:52 PM

I'd just unfriend all of the assholes that were talking shit, if they're what I call fake friends and not actual real-life friends and family.

Fuck all the haters, and don't let them ruin this for you. Sounds like most of the ones doing the hating were asslicking, sour grapes Hagar sheep, anyway.

lesfunk
01-09-2012, 08:52 PM
I knew I'd get some female compassion.

Sensible Shoes
01-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Of course you would!

So this is love
01-09-2012, 08:57 PM

Time to close out your FB account

Angel
01-09-2012, 09:00 PM

I was defending Roth in 1986 and in 2012 I'M STILL FUCKING DOING IT! WHAT THE FUCK?Man, you need new friends! Someone tried to say something to me about Chickenfoot on my wall once, just to pick my ass, and my friends were all over him, telling him he was an idiot for writing about Cheesehead on this Roth gal's wall. ;)

lesfunk
01-09-2012, 09:01 PM
The day that some dick saying "chickenfoot rules" causes me to close down my social network page is the day that I trade in my balls. I'll close out theirs for fucks sake.

Angel
01-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Don't be miserable. I guess the only place to share the feeling is here - where everybody GETS IT.Aint that the truth! I've had some nasty fights with my room-mate over it this week. Who cares if I haven't done any of my share of the chores this last week...doesn't he understand... it's VAN FUCKING HALEN... WHO CARES IF THE HOUSE IS DIRTY????

Seshmeister
01-09-2012, 09:03 PM
On a more positive note I just noticed tonight that the Van Halen facebook page which has only been there for a few months has almost 2 million likes already.

That's not insignificant especially for a band who up until a few weeks ago had no PR going on at all for over 3 years.

I'm guessing the record company noticed this too when they picked them up.

Hecubus
01-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Dude... Who gives a right flung fuck if they bag on your music. As long as it sounds good to YOU is what matters, bro.

sadaist
01-09-2012, 10:12 PM

STOP defending him. Enjoy him for yourself & fuck off to everyone that doesn't get it. You can't change people, so you gotta stop trying. STOP letting them try to rain on your parade. Just come here to share the love of all things Roth & CVH.

lesfunk
01-09-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm not miserable anymore. I was simply pissed at the lack of taste that people I supposedly know possess. When I get told to read hagar's book for the truth, my blood boils.

Besides, this is the RothArmy. We tell people how fucked they are around here. Taking the high road showed restraint on my part

Mr Walker
01-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Lol!
I saw that dude tell you to read Sammy's book and you were like... 'yeah, I'll get right on that!"... hahahaha

lesfunk
01-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Dude! Isn't it past your bedtime?

chefcraig
01-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Taking the high road showed restraint on my part

The pisser is, by taking the high road, it invokes a great deal of dignity. Think about that. You did the right thing. Yeah, I know what I'm typing doesn't offer a whole hell of a lot in consolation, yet trust me...a few days from now, you'll realize that this restraint you proffered was not only valid, it was the right way to go.

As an alternative line of thought: "Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck."

More power to you, friend. :rockit2:

DONNIEP
01-10-2012, 12:04 AM
I heard the same shit back when Dave was on Free FM. I had that show blasting out of my cubicle, or as I liked to call it - My Little Slice Of Hell. I tried my damnedest to defend Dave, to tell them they should listen. And then I said Fuck It and plugged in my headphones and rode the boat until the ship went down. Paraphrasing here, but Dave himself said, "I hope you love what I'm doin'. If you do, tell a friend. If you don't, tell an enemy. I'll still be here." So fuck 'em all. It's no different than the idiots we seem to attract here - "oh, Dave's voice sounds like shit", "oh, Dave doesn't scream like he used to", "Oh, the new single is shit because..." So fuck 'em. If they don't dig what's going down - fine. I'll still buy the record, the ticket to the show and I'll still laugh every other day when some VH fan comes up next to me on the freeway and screams at me 'cause I have a big-ass VH sticker on the back of my SUV.

Nitro Express
01-10-2012, 12:57 AM

I say fuck em. Van Halen will be filling arenas full of people who think like you do. Look at all the mainstream news hype just playing at The Cafe Wha? generated. I saw coverage on that all over and across the board.

Nitro Express
01-10-2012, 01:03 AM
There's more truth in Valerie's book than Sam's. Look. Ed's marriage was falling apart and they tried to make it work so Wolfgang wouldn't have a broken home but it just didn't work. The stress drove Val to eat herself fat and Ed dove into a vat of cheap wine and cocaine. Then the divorce happened, Val and Ed found better partners, she got thin, he got sober and everyone seems happy.

Hardrock69
01-10-2012, 06:02 AM
I have to laff. The fucking chedderhead loser motherfuckers are so miserable right now. Their lord and klown Spambot The Unmentionable is being made to look like the tool he is, and they cannot handle it. :lmao:

Seshmeister
01-10-2012, 06:13 AM
Lol!
I saw that dude tell you to read Sammy's book and you were like... 'yeah, I'll get right on that!"... hahahaha

There are a hell of a lot of people in this world who if they read something in a book immediately believe it must be true because it is in a book.

In a way it's quite scary.

You should always question like fuck anything you read especially in an autobiography.

Who wants the lasting account of their life to be they were a prick? Also most pricks don't think they are pricks.

Similarly how many people do you meet who say 'I'm pretty shit at my job but I got lucky so I just do whatever I can to hold on to it.'

BITEYOASS
01-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Usually if people gave me shit about Diamond Dave or =VH=, then I would tell them: Does it look like I give a flying fuck about what you think? And then I would flip em' off. :give-the-finger:

ZahZoo
01-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Let your friends miss the boat... we're on yacht big enough to pull right and dock next to happiness. Let them carry the miserable flag...

chefcraig
01-10-2012, 01:55 PM
There are a hell of a lot of people in this world who if they read something in a book immediately believe it must be true because it is in a book.

In a way it's quite scary.

Which pretty much sums up my feelings about the Bible, but I digress...

BITEYOASS
01-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I have to laff. The fucking chedderhead loser motherfuckers are so miserable right now. Their lord and klown Spambot The Unmentionable is being made to look like the tool he is, and they cannot handle it. :lmao:

That's when you tell the sheep: Did you know that Sam use to NOT be in Van Halen and that Mikey wasn't the first bass player in Van Halen? Maybe you should get use to that fact.

SNIPER
01-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Thats the story of my life bro.

BITEYOASS
01-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Let your friends miss the boat... we're on yacht big enough to pull right and dock next to happiness. Let them carry the miserable flag...

Yeah, we struttin' around this muthafucka like we own the place now. Let's take em' to the garage to show them this new =VH= we bought! :first:

BTW, Van Halen x Diamond Dave = WINNING!

All those sheep are sitting around with there bastard children and their ugly wives while yelling out I CAN'T PROCESS IT!

JJtheVagPounder
01-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Who wants the lasting account of their life to be they were a prick? Also most pricks don't think they are pricks.

Exactly. Everyone is the hero of their own story.

Full Bug
01-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Ha! What a great quote Zoo, thats a new one I haven't heard, will remember that one, very wise....
My women says it doesnt make sense, guess that says something eh?