PDA

View Full Version : Are You There, Chelsea?

Jagermeister
01-12-2012, 11:42 AM
I watched two shows last night I have never watched before. This one and Whitney. Both were funny as hell. Both have hot chicks in them as well. This one really cracked me up. Chelsea gets drunk and busted for a DUI. She's prays to "Vodka" just as her sister bails her out of jail. LOL her sister informs her that Vodka is not a god.

Mr Walker
01-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Yuck... bring back 'Community' and shit can these two stupid shows!

Unchainme
01-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Yuck... bring back 'Community' and shit can these two stupid shows!

Cancel the office too. it blows without steve carrell.

Unchainme
01-12-2012, 12:37 PM
btw, I liked Laura Prepon better as Donna. :).

Mr Walker
01-12-2012, 12:49 PM
These days the only sitcoms I watch are 'Community' and 'Parks And Recreation'. I'll probably watch '30 Rock' when it starts up again tonight and the past season of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' was above average. If you get a chance check out the 'Palestinian Chicken' episode... holy fuck, I was dying... "Fuck me you Jew Bastard?"

Unchainme
01-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Finally got a chance to post more about this.

I think, for the most part, it's hard to find a good woman comedian. I've really yet to find that one that's really made me laugh like crazy and the best one is actually jennyjohnsonhi5 on twitter. She seems to come from a place of "Celebrities are absurd and stupid, and so is real life, lets make fun of it"

Handler and Whitney just seem to clutch onto the whole "GUYS, AMIRIGHT?" brand of comedy, which has really never been all that funny. People like Wiig, and the girl from the "New Girl" seem focused on the whole "WOW LOOK HOW AKWARD WE ARE". Which is fucking stupid. Both kind of lack any sort subtltly to it nor do.

Look, it's time we quit accepting the last two as legit comedy. They're not. They're tired and played out and don't challenge anything new. You may as well trot out reruns of He-Haw over that sort of thing.

FORD
01-16-2012, 07:09 PM
btw, I liked Laura Prepon better as Donna. :).

Yeah..... she's just not the same without red hair.

FORD
01-16-2012, 07:11 PM
These days the only sitcoms I watch are 'Community' and 'Parks And Recreation'. I'll probably watch '30 Rock' when it starts up again tonight and the past season of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' was above average. If you get a chance check out the 'Palestinian Chicken' episode... holy fuck, I was dying... "Fuck me you Jew Bastard?"

Yeah, that Palestinian Chicken thing was sort of like a "Soup Nazi" sequel - except they obviously got away with a lot of shit that never would have been allowed on NBC.

Unchainme
01-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah..... she's just not the same without red hair.

I don't know what it is, but I still find that 70's show a solid show. I think the writers worked on waynes world and several other comedies I enjoyed, plus the actors were very good on the show, and the characters just made it work. They also don't seem to beat it over the head that the show is set in the 70's.

going onto more reruns I watch.

I was shocked I liked King of The Hill as much as I did, but..jesus, it almost seems like everything Mike Judge ever touches turns to comedy gold.

FORD
01-16-2012, 10:23 PM
"That 70's Show" works on the same level that "Happy Days" did - you can believe the show is set in the past decade, but it somehow stays relevant to the time that it aired in.

Unfortunately, it also fell apart the same way Happy Days did - when the core characters left, and the replacements really sucked. Kelso's dumbass brother did to That 70's Show what Ted McGinley did to Happy Days. (And pretty much every other show he was ever on)

nitroDave23
01-16-2012, 10:36 PM
I used to catch Chelsea Handler's talk show on E! every now and again back when it first started coming on,and thought she was pretty funny.A lot better than Jimmy Fallon,lol......

That 70's show was gold up until Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher left,
After that, it was alright, but never as funny as it was before.There are so many great lines,phrases,and all out funny moments from that show,honestly the last really good genuinely original sitcom we've had around in forever it seems.(My Name Is Earl was another one.)

The story lines weren't as good in the "After Kelso Episodes" either,although I'll say I'd rather watch the later seasons of That 70's Show any day over 30 Rock.I can not stand Tracey Morgan.Just generally do not find the guy funny at all, lol.

Also, I loved King Of The Hill, the earlier episodes are fucking hilarious and the show hit it's stride around the 2nd or 3rd season.I almost never skip a re-run when I happen to run across one;and yes Mike Judge is fucking awesome :D

Little Texan
01-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Unfortunately, it also fell apart the same way Happy Days did - when the core characters left, and the replacements really sucked. Kelso's dumbass brother did to That 70's Show what Ted McGinley did to Happy Days. (And pretty much every other show he was ever on)

I still say they should have replaced Charlie Sheen with Ted McGinley on Two and a Half Men, instead of Ashton Kutcher. :biggrin:

Seriously though, that show just isn't the same without Charlie on it, and they should have shitcanned it when they fired him instead of prolonging the inevitable with this lameass Kelso version of the show.

Nitro Express
01-16-2012, 11:03 PM
"That 70's Show" works on the same level that "Happy Days" did - you can believe the show is set in the past decade, but it somehow stays relevant to the time that it aired in.

I haven't seen Happy Days in years. The best episodes were the one's with Arnold in them. Once Al came in the show had gone past it's quality lively hood. I watched American Graffiti with my kids and they were fascinated by the cruising. I'm glad I was a teenager when there still was cruising and teens still had muscle cars. One friend had a Charger. Another had a Camero. I had a GTO. Most bought the cars as junkers and fixed them up. Good times.