PDA

View Full Version : She's the woman (wha version) with clear dlr vocals!!

CDABOAT1
01-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Best version I've heard yet!

http://wplrfm.media.streamtheworld.com/audio/1612_new_van_101412651.mp3

nitroDave23
01-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Best for sure so far!

Jim Florentine's putting out more audio in his next Pod cast,hopefully this one will be included.

mdk1967
01-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Nice! ...Getting ready to add it to my video of the show - lotta work but it'll be cool when it's done.

CDABOAT1
01-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks everyone. Found this on my radio app for iTunes. Anywhoo.... I wonder if anyone will put together all of the videos of the Wha? gig so that we can get a complete set of the show?

Sensible Shoes
01-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Great clip!

mdk1967
01-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks everyone. Found this on my radio app for iTunes. Anywhoo.... I wonder if anyone will put together all of the videos of the Wha? gig so that we can get a complete set of the show?

I'm currently putting together/working on that very thing, dude. Keep your eyes open for complete video footage of Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love and Jump on the web (other than Youtube) and let me know if you find any.

CDABOAT1
01-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm currently putting together/working on that very thing, dude. Keep your eyes open for complete video footage of Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love and Jump on the web (other than Youtube) and let me know if you find any.
Absolutely bro. I will do that. Thanks!!!!! :)

CDABOAT1
01-12-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm wondering if the CD version of She's The Woman will bear some resemblance to She's My Machine just from a DLR vocal flow and cadence. Hmmmm.....

redfire
01-12-2012, 08:50 PM
That sounds very faithful to the original, even the breakdown before the solo. It's not the same breakdown they inserted into Mean Street, but it seems comparable. That was always my favorite part of She's the Woman. Bottom line, it's still a fun song.

Also, based on how faithful this song is, I'm expecting Bullethead to be the same badass song it was 30 years ago.

CDABOAT1
01-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Always my favorite song from the Demo Bootlegs for sure. Just has that vibe. Really wish they would have released this as the first single. But ya know what? I'm sure releasing 2 or more songs from a CD to the radio stations may have been done before.. Of course, these days.. all the better if your name is Bieber, Katie Perry or Brittney Spears.... crap, I'm starting another topic. Back to She's The Woman... "doin business with ya honey".. great lyrics, Dave! Love ya!!

academic punk
01-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Dave's delivery in the verses is definitely kissing cousins with "She's My Machine". Not a bad thing at all at all at all :)

VAiN
01-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Great find! That sounds amazing compared to what is out there! The vocals are very clear!

SunisinuS
01-12-2012, 09:58 PM
That sounds very faithful to the original, even the breakdown before the solo. It's not the same breakdown they inserted into Mean Street, but it seems comparable. That was always my favorite part of She's the Woman. Bottom line, it's still a fun song.

Also, based on how faithful this song is, I'm expecting Bullethead to be the same badass song it was 30 years ago.

Wb Redfire. I remember you.

Roth On!

redfire
01-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Dave's delivery in the verses is definitely kissing cousins with "She's My Machine". Not a bad thing at all at all at all :)

Great call. YFLM is definitely an acquired taste, but She's my Machine was a really good song.

redfire
01-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Wb Redfire. I remember you.

Roth On!

Thanks, it's nice to be back. Not being in law school helps with free time.

sambo
01-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Best version I've heard yet!

http://wplrfm.media.streamtheworld.com/audio/1612_new_van_101412651.mp3

Great clip, thanks for posting... Loving what I hear from Dave!! Looking even more forward to the studio version...

Cheers, appreciated

CDABOAT1
01-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Great clip, thanks for posting... Loving what I hear from Dave!! Looking even more forward to the studio version...

Cheers, appreciatedPleasure is all mine, Sambo!

mewisemagic
01-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks,CDABOAT1!!!...Ive now listened to this a good 50 times,my favorite parts is at around the 2:15 mark,,,,"She wanted something to regret,tomorrow morning....and then he says something about "the menahjatwa being a little bit boring"...can anyone figure out exactly what he says there,its driving me crazy

chefcraig
01-12-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm not quite certain how this clip was attained, nor do I understand how this site stands legally for having it posted here. Having said that, it sounds motherfucking amazing to me.

Come on, it has to be said from a legal standpoint. Beyond that, the motherfucker rocks.

(By the way, I pretty much have not slept, nor stopped drinking since a short time after Christmas. Am I alone in this?)

SunisinuS
01-12-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm not quite certain how this clip was attained, nor do I understand how this site stands legally for having it posted here. Having said that, it sounds motherfucking amazing to me.

Come on, it has to be said from a legal standpoint. Beyond that, the motherfucker rocks.

(By the way, I pretty much have not slept, nor stopped drinking since a short time after Christmas. Am I alone in this?)

Yes you are alone in this. Your co-workers abandon you, your boss will not buy you BOSE speakers, and that monkey in your closet keeps trying on all your clothes at night. Seek Help!

CDABOAT1
01-12-2012, 11:52 PM
I can see that CDABOAT1.....that's me... Is making quite the splash with this little ditty. Long time.. LONGTIME fan and reader of this site. So now I've upgraded to active participant. It's my way of giving back to this tribe. Ain't nuthin but a lilbit O surf web surfin to find this lil gem. Can I get an AMen from the Roth Army brethren and fine sisters???? Nuthin but yeah!!!

RUDE SADDLE
01-13-2012, 05:19 AM
THANKS they're on fire.

Panamark
01-13-2012, 07:13 AM

You are not alone ! I ended up taking an extra week off work to accomodate said activity !

Panamark
01-13-2012, 07:16 AM
CDABOAT1 !

Thankyou very kindly Sir !
Great to hear Daves voice on this one so clearly.
Bloody hell, am I just drunk or is Dave sounding better live
now than his entire solo career ? Big call I know......

RUDE SADDLE
01-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Can anyone make out some of the new lyrics?

Seshmeister
01-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Compare the chorus. They both came out around the same time - coincidence???

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/J1rBZIzr49k?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/J1rBZIzr49k?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

academic punk
01-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Awesome. Dave only ripped of from the very best!!!!

Panamark
01-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Ok she could deflect bullets, had a piece of rope that made
you stop bullshitting, but could she clean the house, cook
the dinner and be wonderful in the sack ????

Seshmeister
01-13-2012, 08:43 AM
She tortured suspects in criminal cases using a rope in order to try and get evidence.

She was kind of like a Dick Cheney with tits.

Panamark
01-13-2012, 08:51 AM
http://hot-scene.com/2011/04/03/lynda-carter-hot-sex-scene/

Wonderous ?

Panamark
01-13-2012, 08:53 AM
I cant remember if I had a crush on her or Lindsay Wagner ?
(Back when boob size was irrelevant and ZZ Top Muffs were hot)

CDABOAT1
01-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Compare the chorus. They both came out around the same time - coincidence???

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/J1rBZIzr49k?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/J1rBZIzr49k?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Mix that chorus with the rest of She's My Machine and I'll bet we'd get Weird Al doing Van Halen... LOL... Can't wait to hear the song on the new CD. I've listened to this recording many times and still not sure of the lyrics.. could Dave perhaps be singing about a truck maybe??

Droomer5150
01-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Freakin' Awesome!!! Absolutely cannot wait for this new album!! The new bridge sounds so old school halen!

RUDE SADDLE
01-14-2012, 07:59 AM
The new bridge is fuckin sweet. Eds solo is on the money.

Halen High
01-14-2012, 08:46 AM

You are not alone mate. I can't stop playing Tattoo and now this......The latest She's The Woman better quality clip is blowing me away. Seeing them bring this old school gem to life in a small club, with Dave in great voice and appearing to be dressed like one of the characters on the cover of Fair Warning....... If I feel like I've died and gone to Van Halen heaven, how does WARF feel!!!

Terry
01-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Ed sounds really strong...very assured...good stuff.

conmee
01-14-2012, 08:09 PM
When THE FUCK©®™ has there been a time when BOOB SIZE©®™ didn't matter?!?!

For every Bionic Woman there was Wonder Woman, for every Flying Nun there was a Charlie's Angel, for every Mary Tyler Moore there was a Barbarella, for every LaVerne & Shirley there was a Chrissy on Three's Company... And 99% of Bond Girls were equipped with flotation safety devices that accommodated up to two passengers!

Viva La Teat!

Icon©®™

Momshell
01-14-2012, 09:50 PM
I also have not slept the past couple of weeks - like a kid at Christmas!! Song sounds amazing!!!

VHscraps
01-16-2012, 05:26 PM

Yer, chef, but started to feel like a beer float by the end of last week! Hence, laid off a bit, acted my age for a bit - but hell, this fucking foreplay phase of the latest Van Halen invasion is seriously derailing me from ... things I really oughtta be doing.

And by the way, that clip of She's the Woman is fucking kick ass. Dave sounds great - sounds vintage Dave 'whoooo' at he beginning, and I love it when he gets Wolf in. 'Sing it, Wolf!'

Mikeyj122
01-16-2012, 07:46 PM
I love this song, at least one instant classic so far, makes me excitedfor the album.