PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic///unplugged !!??!!??

rocking ron
01-13-2012, 05:52 PM
If van halen do some acoustic stuff during their upcoming tour....

Wich (3 !!!) songs would be 'fun" ???

ELVIS
01-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Could This Be Magic

Mean Street

Tattoo

:elvis:

rocking ron
01-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Mean street

take your whisky home

dance the night away

nitroDave23
01-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Meanstreet sounded good when Dave did it,wouldn't mind to hear that one.

Also think So This Is Love could work.

Mr Walker
01-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Little Dreamer

Cato
01-13-2012, 06:24 PM
wrong forum

VAiN
01-13-2012, 06:24 PM
One Foot Out The Door....

Just kidding... Could This Be Magic? would be awesome!

binnie
01-13-2012, 06:48 PM
In A Simply Rhyme

Little Dreamer

Secrets

78/84 guy
01-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Panama
You & your Blues Intro
You &Your Blues
Beutiful Girls
It was listed somewhere ? I can't remember where.

CVH Rulz
01-13-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm having Strummin' With The Devil flashbacks!

Sensible Shoes
01-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Panama
You & your Blues Intro
You &Your Blues
Beutiful Girls
It was listed somewhere ? I can't remember where.

These are the acoustic cuts offered on the DVD with the album. You can see them listed at VanHalenstore.com Looks like they were reading Ron's mind. :D

Sensible Shoes
01-13-2012, 07:33 PM
I am listening to the six pack right now and I can see Full Bug being done acoustically.

ELVIS
01-13-2012, 08:57 PM
wrong forum

Never heard that one...

sadaist
01-14-2012, 01:40 AM
Panama
Beautiful Girls

Now, do you think these will be same tempo & all just with Eddie doing it on an acoustic? Or total change up like Clapton did with Layla?

I'm really hoping it's like what Clapton did. I've heard Def Lepp do some acoustic versions of Animal slowed way down & it was excellent. I would LOVE having a "new" version of Panama to enjoy.

But either way, I've always said I'd dig a VH Unplugged show. Maybe a sign of things to come? Hope so.

DONNIEP
01-14-2012, 02:17 AM
I just can't get my head wrapped around any VH "unplugged" sessions...I'm sorry if I offend anyone by saying this, and I mean it with the utmost respect to any fan who wants to hear it...but I could give a shit less about an "unplugged" session with Van Halen. The whole point to Van Halen was that it was too loud, Dave was a threat to women, Jack Daniels was the 5th member (it would have to take a seat behind WARF at this point), and EVERY concert was a flaming torch searching out and consuming every party in town! I can accept that Ed, Al and Dave are older. But I don't want to see a Kiss-type-unplugged video. Give me the old hidden-in-the-vaults stuff and I'm happy. Again, I'm not trying to piss anyone off but I would rather have that than any "unplugged" type sessions. Maybe it's just me...

SunisinuS
01-14-2012, 02:20 AM
I just can't get my head wrapped around any VH "unplugged" sessions...I'm sorry if I offend anyone by saying this, and I mean it with the utmost respect to any fan who wants to hear it...but I could give a shit less about an "unplugged" session with Van Halen. The whole point to Van Halen was that it was too loud, Dave was a threat to women, Jack Daniels was the 5th member (it would have to take a seat behind WARF at this point), and EVERY concert was a flaming torch searching out and consuming every party in town! I can accept that Ed, Al and Dave are older. But I don't want to see a Kiss-type-unplugged video. Give me the old hidden-in-the-vaults stuff and I'm happy. Again, I'm not trying to piss anyone off but I would rather have that than any "unplugged" type sessions. Maybe it's just me...

Yea it will be interesting huh?

Will have my pre-order in tommorrow...right now off to see what the local market looks like.

RoTh oN!

;)

West Coast Baby!

:popcorn:

DONNIEP
01-14-2012, 02:41 AM
Don't get me wrong - I'm gonna buy it! And I'm sure I'll love whatever they have on video...But it's just not Van Fucking Halen - and I'm not talking about Wolfie on bass. I'm just saying I cannot believe Van Halen wants to "unplug" the greatest rock guitar player of ALL time. What the FUCK is up with that??? "Hey Eddie, you're the greatest, most innnovative guitar player of all time. You changed the face of rock & roll guitar playing for all time....How's about we unplug your guitar and Al's drums and Wofie's bass so we can hear the REAL Van Halen?" Fuck that! The REAL Van Fucking Halen burned through every amp set-up that Eddie had. I know I'm being a selfish fucker...but I've heard Dave do Mean Street unplugged. If they want want to do old songs for a DVD I want them to burn them up as only VH could do!

sadaist
01-14-2012, 03:13 AM
Donniep, I agree & you put it very well. I think the draw for me to an unplugged thing is just the "whoa, no way. What a trip" factor. If given the choice I'd take plugged vs unplugged any day. But if they're gonna do an unplugged anyways, I'm just hoping they change it up a whole lot. I've always enjoyed oddities & rarities from different bands.

ThatArtGuy
01-14-2012, 03:13 AM
Yeah, those VH songs like Women and Children First, Spanish Fly, and Ice Cream Man never used any unplugged guitars. Dave also never did Mean Street acoustically either.

DONNIEP
01-14-2012, 03:35 AM
Donniep, I agree & you put it very well. I think the draw for me to an unplugged thing is just the "whoa, no way. What a trip" factor. If given the choice I'd take plugged vs unplugged any day. But if they're gonna do an unplugged anyways, I'm just hoping they change it up a whole lot. I've always enjoyed oddities & rarities from different bands.

Sadaist, I'm completely on board with what you're layin down. But I don't want oddities recorded in 2010, acoustic tracks recorded somewhere with no audience - and no one can convince me that Van Halen laid down acoustic tracks with an audience and NO ONE spilled the beans. Like I said, I'll take it for what it is..like you said, rarities. But I want some Van Fucking Halen, hide your sheep and lock your fuckin' doors bitches!!! I don't care that it's 30 plus years since those days because according to every DDLR.COM and ROTHARMY.COM legend VH have it on tape! So break out the tape, convert that shit and give us what we want! I brought the popcorn and the beer - well, I brought a lot of beer but I drank most of it, but I do still have some popcorn. So release what you got Eddie! Jesus Fucking Christ! How hard is it to convert old betamax or vhs to digital??

SunisinuS
01-14-2012, 04:28 AM
Don't get me wrong - I'm gonna buy it! And I'm sure I'll love whatever they have on video...But it's just not Van Fucking Halen - and I'm not talking about Wolfie on bass. I'm just saying I cannot believe Van Halen wants to "unplug" the greatest rock guitar player of ALL time. What the FUCK is up with that??? "Hey Eddie, you're the greatest, most innnovative guitar player of all time. You changed the face of rock & roll guitar playing for all time....How's about we unplug your guitar and Al's drums and Wofie's bass so we can hear the REAL Van Halen?" Fuck that! The REAL Van Fucking Halen burned through every amp set-up that Eddie had. I know I'm being a selfish fucker...but I've heard Dave do Mean Street unplugged. If they want want to do old songs for a DVD I want them to burn them up as only VH could do!

Here is a secret to make you Think:

NONE of us except Justin Bieber were EVER bought an Electric guitar First.

My First one was from (0f Course) my mom. From J.C. Penney.

When I bought my first electric guitar it was from ME. A Hondo Flying V with 26 frets (not 24) and I could hit High Notes unheard of from my family....but it all started with that guitar with steel strings in the summer of '69 that made my fingers bleed.

Now I am a Drummer. Been that way since I was born. But I can play guitar and make the ladies sing with me.

And it all started acousticalllllllllllly.

If K sees me at the show.....I will rip it up with my acoustic guitar and with the drums....and on Electric....same thing...

But the sound comes from the Body of the Guitar. It comes from it on my chest.

Well these days from my belly....but that is where the fire started in any case.

:angryone:

Dave's Bitch
01-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Mean street
Little Dreamer
Drop Dead Legs would be pretty cool

FORD
01-15-2012, 01:01 AM
Could This Be Magic?
Going Places
Damn Good
Take Your Whiskey Home (they could do this one all acoustic)
Ice Cream Man (acoustic intro - with the band coming in where appropriate)

nitroDave23
01-15-2012, 01:10 AM
Damn Good would be an interesting choice,

I listened to that one that night after the Cafe Wha?, man it was perfect for the mood too.

The boys being back.....felt "Damn Good"....

rockhead
01-17-2012, 07:23 AM
i always wondered if dave was thinking back to his cvh days when he wrote that song.Kind of a nostalgia thing.

fourthcoming
01-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Could This Be Magic?
Going Places
Damn Good
Take Your Whiskey Home (they could do this one all acoustic)
Ice Cream Man (acoustic intro - with the band coming in where appropriate)

Going Places.....what a great song...